Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 07:50 AM   #241  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Morning all - got a full night of sleep because I didn't stay up to watch the movie with my husband and older son. Hubby is much better. Now it's just the coughing up junk and the antibiotic has some weird side effects, but is taking care of the pneumonia. So, when my little guy woke up at 7:30, I was ready to get up as I had a full night of sleep - 11 to 7:30.

Oh, and i'm adding water weight as TTOM is due tomorrow. No biggee... I'm used to it and ready for it especially as this month was such a great month for me.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 09-24-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:35 AM   #242  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Course, I would probably want to spread a laughing cow cheese wedge on them I am a sucker for cheese and crackers. Oh no, now I want cheese and crackers.
Someone in my other check-in puts LC cheese on them. I am just trying to watch everything and not add anything new to my program due to the allergy. I am trying to keep the ingredients simple and limited on everything I eat. I didn't mention this, but the other week I had a reaction. I wanted to try something new from Taco Bell. I looked at the sodium/calories. Everything seemed OK and comparable to what I normally consume. While I was eating the chicken flatbread thing my lips started burning. I thought it was from the sauce. I started having a reaction. Later, I looked at the Taco Bell website and they listed soybeans as an allergen for what I ate. I don't know how much soy was in it. I don't know for sure that it was the culprit, either.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:37 AM   #243  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Anything you are looking around for? What's next to replace in the wardrobe? You don't really have to worry about sweaters and the really warm clothing do you?
I am actually interested in getting a coat for the Winter. I am thinking about a North Face. I need to do some looking and research.

Speaking of The North Face outerwear, does anyone here have any experience with this brand?
Old 09-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #244  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Morning all - got a full night of sleep because I didn't stay up to watch the movie with my husband and older son. Hubby is much better.
Berry Good Morning! I am glad you got some needed sleep and your DH is doing better. Enjoy your day.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:28 AM   #245  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

Morning-

Has it really been a week already? I hardly even pick up my computer anymore right now unless it's to put my lesson plans together and then I'm back off. All has been well this week. It was the first week of teaching my own plans. I liked a little, learned a little. I am absolutely EXHAUSTED by the end of the day. It goes by so fast and then its home to cook, wash, bathe, and tuck in. I woke up this morning flipping out thinking I had overslept. LOL

I hope everyone else is well. I'm off to make my coffee yum yums.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:29 AM   #246  
Trying to live below 200

DZackery It sounds like you had a busy week! Enjoy your weekend!
Old 09-24-2011, 09:30 AM   #247  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Down .8 to 187.6.

I was up early and got 1 assignment done. All I have to do tonight is type it up and submit it. I'm going to do some cleaning upstairs now and possibly squeeze in a run? The run may have to wait til this afternoon. I've got 1 more assignment to do. I feel that I can get some work done on it this afternoon and hope to get it typed up and submitted tonight.

I think I'm going to try that chicken today. I can't stop thinking about it. LOL

Have a great Saturday!!!
Old 09-24-2011, 09:32 AM   #248  
Trying to live below 200

Vixsin Great job on the .8 and for getting that assignment done!
Old 09-24-2011, 10:09 AM   #249  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Diana North Face is uber popular here with the tweens and teenagers. I assume its right up there with LLBean. Other than that I have no idea. I boycott name brands or anything that has their name put on it...I hate being a billboard for companies...except the one my name is on

Jomatho I totally relate in not wanting to give up favorite pants. I had to do it with my p.j.s. I've been looking for new exercise pants that stop at the knee but can't find any I like. I also need some that are long leg with pockets so I can carry my keys and cell when I walk to the beach. I've been wearing jeans, they are too hot and uncomfortable. Oh the joys of shrinking

Berry I'm glad DH is doing better. When we got Pertussis the doctors put us on a very strong antibiotic and did not mention the side effects that were a guarantee. OMG I thought the world was out to get me, first my baby and now the worst case of bathroom time ever! Side effects can sometimes be worse than the actual problem...well to some of us anyway I'm not a public bathroom person, but there was no way in H... I was going to leave my baby. Once again glad your DH is doing better

Vixsin congrats on your .8 down. You are amazing, all that work, raising a son and school, plus keeping up on exercise. Wow what a busy woman.

to everyone else I missed. I hope you all have a great weekend.

I broke into the 220's this morning. Of course I won't count it until Monday. My next goal is just around the corner. That's cool. I have no plans for the weekend, it's still weird weather wise. I found these little things that are supposed to help with blisters. I will put them to the test sometime today. Maybe DH will join me, who knows.

Have a wonderful and healthy day everyone!
Old 09-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #250  
Trying to live below 200

mamakat Great job on the 220's! I hope you will see great numbers on your weight in, Monday! I'm just looking for a jacket/coat that's warmer than the average stuff. I froze my butt off last Winter. I can't imagine how it will be this Winter, with the weight loss. I keep a coat in my truck and office that I have worn this Summer.

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-24-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #251  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Diana ever since kids my internal thermometer has changed. When I lived in Phoenix, during winters I would freeze. I'd wear heavy coats. We moved here right after son was born and the only time I ever wore a coat was when I wore dresses and had to go knocking on doors. Normally I wear sweaters and thats if it's 50 and below. It weird how our bodies change. I'm wondering if things will change again once I lose more fat. If so I'll have to venture out to buy a coat as I'm not going to wear a fine overcoat every day. That thing is too long and nice for every day use, and it's probably too big now.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #252  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana - Not with North Face, but when I lived in Maine and needed outerwear, I loved L.L.Bean. They also have lifetime warranty on stuff, so yes it's a bit pricier, but you are getting WAY more for the money. Example: Bought my son a backpack for school out of there. It got a rip (cause he dragged it behind him, lol) and sent it in and they replaced it free of charge.... then he got another puncture in it...(cause he left it out when we were camping and it was getting stepped on while on rocks/roots)... I mailed it in, they replaced it free of charge, LOL. Same with everything they sell... if you lose a zipper, they send you new... you get a hole in the knee of pants, they send you new

Melissa - So glad you were able to get some needed sleep

DZ - I am glad it was only "thinking" you overslept and not truly oversleeping... You are juggling some busy times

Vixsin - Great job on the .8 loss!!!!! I hope you are able to fit in the run and still get the assignment submitted

mamakat - Great job on breaking into the 220s!!!!! Sweet!!!! I hope you are able to find some jammies and exercise pants like what you are looking for. Fingers crossed. When you continue to shrink, your search for favorite items seems continual, lol... what a great problem to have!

To any I missed... hello and happy weekend!!!!!

As for me - This is only my 2nd week at having weigh ins on Saturday, so have been busting since my new onederland entry a week ago, to get up on that scale... finally, today was the day.... got on and 2Lbs loss!!!! I will so take it! Comfortably into onederland now and feeling pretty good. My biggest challenge now is to eat up to calories... still struggling hard with that... but I did get up over 1200 last night with having 4 margaritas with my friend, LOL. It was necessary after the week/day I have had... but... back on focus today
Old 09-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #253  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post

Vixsin congrats on your .8 down. You are amazing, all that work, raising a son and school, plus keeping up on exercise. Wow what a busy woman.
Right?! Now I need to find a man that can help take the load off!!! LOL Thanks for the vote of confidence. It really helps!

Diana: I thought of you this morning as I was working. LOL

Great Saturday so far here! Life sure has become a whole lot more work but it seems like I'm starting to find the balance...so far! The getting up really early seems to be the key. I am amazed at the amount of work I can get done during that quiet time.

No run yet, but my kitchen looks so much better!!! Off now to hang up some posters in Maxwell's room.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #254  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Diana, I got a Northface jacket as a hand me down from my soon-to-be bonus son - holy wow is it warm (it's just a wind breaker, and I can wear it for most of the winter.)! Also, my Columbia Ski jacket and my suede LL Bean jackets are wonderful. I can understand boycotting name brands, but sometimes there name gets that big because they are a really great product.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:18 PM   #255  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Vixsin - So glad your weekend is going so well so far! Keep up implementing your time management, it seems to be making a huge difference for you!
Closed Thread