3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   **~**August Daily Accountability Check-In Everyone Welcome**~** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/208706-%2A%2A%7E%2A%2Aaugust-daily-accountability-check-everyone-welcome%2A%2A%7E%2A%2A.html)

L R K 08-26-2010 09:29 AM

Peeps! It's Thursday!!!!!!!! One more day untill the weekend! :dance:

So last night our dinner plans changed a little. I ended up eating some chicken and potatoes (left over from going out for Greek food) + salad with mixed greens, tomato, cucumber and organic salad dressing. Because it was a very small portion of chicken and potatoes left I also ate 1/2 a veggie pattie.

Here is my plan for the day 8/26/2010

B - 1/2 cup oatmeal w/ natural peanut butter and honey + 1 soy pudding + 2 small peaches

L - Going out for Sushi! It's all you can eat (not my choice of restaurant!) SO my plan is to eat seaweed salad, miso soup, edamame and assorted rolls.

S - Carrot and Cucumbers w/ hummus

S - 10 Triscuits + 1 banana

D - What I was supposed to have last night! Miso Glazed Salmon w/ green beans and rice

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + 2L water throughout the day + 1 diet pepsi

Exercise: 30min brisk walk with the dog (pending the rain)

Have a happy, healthy and OP day :wave:

Vixsin 08-26-2010 09:55 AM

Hello My friends!!!!!!!!! Happy Thursday to us all! :grouphug:

Thank you to all for the well wishings on my broken toe. It's just so annoying! LOL

My calories for yesterday: 1824 :yikes: LOL

Scale this morning: 239.6 I have achieved minigoal and am down 10lbs! :cheer: Now I get to buy some new workout pants! :D

I also had an NSV today! I realized that I have a bag of BBQ Pop Chips in my house that is still half full and that bag has been in my house for a WEEK!!!!! Wow! :yay:

I hope you all have a wonderful and OP day!!! :hug:

blueridgegirl 08-26-2010 10:01 AM

Good morning all,

Welcome to the newbies Jer and Ready! Always great to have more folks on the thread!

Lauren - you and your miso-glazed salmon...every time I see you post that, I think "I should give that a try..." And, mmm, sushi, haven't had that in a while.

MrsD - sorry to hear things are tight financially now, but it sounds like you have the right attitude of trusting in God instead of freaking out. Hope you can catch up on sleep soon!

My Wednesday:

breakfast: hot cereal of millet, steel cut oats and almonds, topped with blueberries and cinnamon. Coffee with splash of milk

snack: walnuts and a few dried apricots

lunch: veggie soup (with garden veggies) and some homemade cheesy toast

snack: a few more walnuts and dried apricots

dinner: a friend of mine cooked for me - she served tortilla soup with avocado, scrambled eggs (cooked in bacon drippings...tasted good but I don't want to think about the fat...) in a whole wheat tortilla. Dessert was a dark chocolate klondike bar - I just googled it and it is 250 calories.

Exercise: 35 minute run after dinner...would've gone longer but my ipod ran out of juice and I can't bring myself to run without music.

Weight: 204...still not a happy number, but at least a half pound down from yesterday. Diane, maybe you're right and TTOM is early hence the water retention and weight gain.

I've decided I'm going to try to do more small activities in my day - not just a 1/2 hour or hour workout, but more getting up from my desk, being on my feet, etc. I'm skimming a book I picked up at the library about NEAT (non exercise activity thermogenesis) which basically says that it's not about working out harder or longer, but just being more active. So many of us spend so much time sitting in front of computer screens and work or home, and then watch TV or movies or read to relax. I can't install a treadmill in my office to walk while I work, but I can make an attempt to get out of my chair more. Anyone else working on this?

blueridgegirl 08-26-2010 10:02 AM

Vixsin - congrats on the minigoal. Woot! Way to go!!!!

L R K 08-26-2010 10:24 AM

Vixsin - 10lbs down!!!!!! Well Done! :cheer: :cheer3: :cheer2:

blue - I am making an attempt to be more active during the day. It's so hard when you sit at a desk all day but now I make it a point to take the stairs, take the long way to the washroom etc etc. It not only helps with being more active but it also gives your eyes and brain (hehe) some time off :)

MrsDawsondn 08-26-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueridgegirl (Post 3453704)
Good morning all,

I've decided I'm going to try to do more small activities in my day - not just a 1/2 hour or hour workout, but more getting up from my desk, being on my feet, etc. I'm skimming a book I picked up at the library about NEAT (non exercise activity thermogenesis) which basically says that it's not about working out harder or longer, but just being more active. So many of us spend so much time sitting in front of computer screens and work or home, and then watch TV or movies or read to relax. I can't install a treadmill in my office to walk while I work, but I can make an attempt to get out of my chair more. Anyone else working on this?

I totally agree with this. I have been trying to move around more and I noticed that I hardly watch television anymore at all. :o lol.

Jer 08-26-2010 12:45 PM

Thank you for the welcomes! Your posts are all helpful to get my focus where I want it to be: on healthy lifestyle, losing then maintaining at a good weight, enjoying the process.

Yesterday, too much quiche, up .8 pounds. Walked 50 mins.
Today: B: 1.2 pcs toast, Peanut Butter 190 cals
L: 1/2 pc quiche, 1 hot dog, butter lettuce, 1/3 cucumber, 1/2 sf
klondike bar 460 cals
D: 1 pc toast, PB, asparagus or beans 1 sf klondike bar 350 cals

Hope everyone has a great day!

Diana3271 08-26-2010 01:12 PM

Hi Everyone :wave:

Lauren I'm glad you got some rest. Hmm, so do you feel "lighter" today? :lol: ;)

Vixsin Great job on the 10 pounds! :carrot:

Blueridge I don't move much during the day. I try to make up for that during my workouts. If I have time I will make a workout longer.

L R K 08-26-2010 02:08 PM

Diana - hahahaha :lol:

abidabbi 08-26-2010 02:16 PM

Hi lovelies... better day today. Quite proud, as I shall explain...

B - Cheerios (200 - it was a big bowl ;))
Pre-lunch - sesame and poppy seed thins (150)
L - we went to York and the boys wanted to have a cornish pasty. I was very tempted, but the place also sold jacket spuds so I had one with beens. Pastry I adore, so this was a big thing for me, but feel better having not indulged and my spud was yummy. I treated myself to a skinny hot chocolate from starbucks too...(spud=250 + beans=100 + drink = 250)

So total so far = 950 cals. Aiming for less than 1500 today so will have dinner later at about 500 cals. Maybe a bagel and quorn with some veggies from the freezer :)

Hope everone's ok, love and :hug: to all x

Wysteria 08-26-2010 02:44 PM

Result, two days in a row with three proper meals!

Breakfast both days has been Oatibix with fat free yoghurt and maple syrup.

Lunch yesterday was pasta with lamb, today was a jacket potato with salad and tuna.

Dinner today was spaghetti bolognese with of course gluten free pasta and Quorn, and yesterday was tomato soup and rice.

I know I've had a complete lack of fruit and veg but meh, whatever, orange juice counts and I haven't been feeling too bright so all I want is nice stodgy food.

L R K 08-26-2010 03:12 PM

Wysteria - When I'm not feeling too good fruit and veggies aren't my friend either. And yes, orange juice counts as a fruit :)

StuffedBunny 08-26-2010 03:50 PM

I went and did 22 minutes of cardio at the gym this morning but was too tired to do more. I'm going to my dance class tonight for an hour too, so I suppose it's ok to have gone light on the cardio.

For breakfast I had a bowl of strawberries and grapes.

For lunch/snacks really I had white cheddar popcorn and later a bunch of carrots and brocolli with veggie dip.

For dinner later I'll be having spinach and feta cheese pizza.

I am trying to work off 4 pounds before the end of this month to meet my goal....

ravenjeh 08-26-2010 05:55 PM

Hey guys! Just started my diet yesterday and definitely need motivation and accountability. Also started exercising yesterday too. I start the HMR food (like Medifast) next week when it arrives. So in the meantime, I am eating 5-6 small low cal meals. Here's what I got:

Exercise: 15 minutes on elliptical, 5 minute with weights- I've got a loooong way to go to get up to 30 minutes a day :)

Breakfast: 2 eggs
Mid morning snack/meal: 2 tomatoes, diced with salt and pepper
Lunch: Tuna steak, brussel sprouts and green beans
Mid Afternoon snack: 2 tomatoes (can you tell that I have a tomato garden??)
Supper: Pork loin with peas
PM snack: Sugar-free Strawberry Banana jello

I was hungry, but not starving. I think since HMR consists of 3 shakes and 2 of their packaged entrees a day, I will start having 3 slimfast shakes and 2 lean cuisines until my HMR food gets here.

GettinFit 08-26-2010 06:27 PM

Good Evening Everyone,

It's good to see everyone doing so good. And for those who are struggling right now, hang in there and keep trying until you get back on track.

Welcome :wave: Raven and congrats on starting your new plan. I look forward to reading about your success.

I've not been able to post much this week but I have definately been on program. Today I attended a buffet luncheon that I was a little nervous about but I aced it. I was so proud of myself.

I am so ready to see Onederland and if the idea of eating something I shouldn't have crosses my mind, I remember how bad I want to see a 1 in front of my weight and resist the temptation :cb:

Have a great evening everyone.