UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #31  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 314.15/289.9/150

Height: 5"8

Brid - ah!! That's a fab idea with the broccoli instead of pasta!! Thanks for the tip!! In terms of bread, I tend to stay away from it. I'll have a soft tortilla filled with salad and chicken or pork with a sprinkle if low fat dressing or mayo. But looking at the carbness of those, ive decided that I'm gonna halve them lol they'll last longer too lol but bread in the main, nope. Never been a huge bread fan. Pastry, yes, but havent touched it for moooonths lol.

TC - yeah we were quite unceremoniously told to start a new thread lol took me a while to figure it all out... Slow me? Never!!
LozzCowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

Ah, damn, Lozz. If you were eating loads of bread it would be easy to change things up to get the pounds moving. Oh well, back to the drawing board!

"Those 11s", TC - as in eleven stone and however many pounds? That's gonna be fantastic to see the scale starting with 11! You know, I almost wish I'd got my scales sooner or started out a bit heavier, just so I'd've seen the scales change from 18 to 17 - as it happened, my first ever weigh in was 0.2 pounds under 18. It's such a joyful moment, seeing that first number change.

Skipping my exercise today, because the spreadsheet clearly demonstrates that regular days off make me lose just as fast as forcing myself to do 20k every day, and I'm feeling lazy. But I went for a walk to the parental abode, what with Fathers' Day, so I've not been sitting on my arse all day at least. And I took my mum out for a walk too, but not far and not fast - would've taken me all of five minutes if I'd been alone, but with Mum it was more like fifteen. I also volunteered to go round and walk with her a few times a week, so that should help too - my house to theirs is somewhere between ten and fifteen minutes' walk each way. All these little bits should add up!

Last edited by Brid; 06-17-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #33  
Calorie Counter

Brid - I know right?! I think I've just been lacking in exercise the last week or so. No excuses as of tomorrow. Gotta be at work for my first day at 9am, so leaving the house at 8. Which means getting up by 7am at the latest to have brekkie, finish my my packed lunch get washed and dressed lol soooo not used to it. It's full time for the first two weeks then Monday Tuesday and Friday, so walking Mondays and Tuesdays, rest Wednesday, Wii thursday, walk friday... Not sure about the weekends yet, but I'll figure that out when the time comes.

Phew, nerves are starting... Butterflies are fluttering... But I'm looking forward to it lol
Old 06-18-2012, 04:37 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

Drat and double drat. A week of hard effort and low syns and I have lost....precisely nothing Gutted.com. Oh well, time to take my own frequent advice to others and keep at it.

I'm liking the broccoli instead of pasta idea. I already often have my bolognese type sauces with extra veg instead of pasta and I long since gave up eating tortillas. Some wholemeal bread is fine because it's high in fibre but I tend to stay away from bread too. I've had a loaf in the freezer for about 8 months lol.

Flat white...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:34 AM   #35  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Brid - yes, they are very much the 11's in question! I've seen them twice now, but never on official weigh ins, the time will come though. The best bit is, once I see a ten, I'm DONE! Up two lbs this am, prob the late night digestive munchies mixed with the severe leg and side ache leading to water retention, ahhhhh well, a marathon not a sprint!

Lozz, I hope today goes great

Ellie, hang in there, you're so close so you're going to have to work super hard, but it'll make every lb that disappears feel all the sweeter!

I've never really worried about my carbs, maybe I should start ha ha! Although, I don't think I eat that many anyway, the ones I do eat are mainly complex, I believe!

This is the menu for my tea tonight, so I can't see today being OP!!! http://www.lebistrodesamis.co.uk/ima...0du%20jour.pdf Ahhhh well, extra spinning class later, and might do something else too if these poor achy legs will allow it!

Have a great week everyone
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:34 AM   #36  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Default Another 1.5 pounds!

Wierdly after getting on the scales yesterday and seeing a loss of 11 3/4lb I got back on the scales today to make sure I wasn't hallucinating and the sdcale was a further 1.5 pounds down. I mean I had a big pooh yesterday......but a pound and a half!!!
Sorry Elliemar to rub it in.....you are soooooo near your goal I can feel your frustration from here!!
Have you thought of trying a different exercise regime for a week or 2? If you normally cycle try badminton or something? May be your body is stuck in a rut!!!!!!
Loving the idea of broccoli instead of pasta!
Costa flat white 77 calories and boy is it worth EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey you're not rubbing it in at all - I'm delighted for you!! Losses like that are the greatest motivators going so build on your fab success!

I often plateau for a week or so and then the loss catches up the next week. Am planning again this week and as OH is going away, it'll be easier too. No meals out or presents of chocolate to deal with! My exercise has been woefully lacking in recent weeks so may try upping that, nevermind varying it. I WILL try varying my food this week though - sometimes a complete change shocks your system into working again. Am going to go high superfree and protein and low carb, but mostly things I haven't had for ages.

That's the plan, anyway. We'll see what happens come Friday when it's time to go out with the girls!
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

I had a silly day yesterday! I only had a bit over 1000cals, but this was because I woke late, grabbed some snacks, then went to meet friends at an even which lasted from lunch time to last night. I just basically drank quite a lot and ate nothing. Hehehe! Fun day though!

Today I am trying to do it properly, I had fruit salad for breakfast and a tuna sandwich with salad and crisps for lunch. I am planning rice, chicken and veg for tea!
xxx
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #39  

At least you haven't gained anything, Ellie! That's got to be worth celebrating.

TC, I think your two pounds up are probably mine, because I'm buggered if I can work out where they're all going. I'm down another pound today. Although it was a later weigh than usual, because I didn't get to sleep until one in the afternoon so got up at about half past four. Stupid brain just wouldn't log off and go into hibernation mode, because someone was WRONG on the internet, as we all know this is the Most Important Thing Ever. Gave up around 8am and got up for a cigarette and to read the paper, I was 8.8lbs then, but then 7.2 by the time I got up. Which suggests to me that if I'd got up at lunchtime as usual I'd probably be showing about the same as yesterday. Maybe this ridiculously fast losing spree is over?

Epic poo, MW! Well done! What's a costa flat white?

Jose, brilliant - you've proved you can get through a day without eating excessively! Now to manage it without having alcohol instead. Your tea sounds tasty too!

The boyfriend just pointed out I've now lost 20% of my body weight. Yay!
Old 06-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #40  

Te he, Brid is only 80% of the woman she was... but in the best possible way. I don't even think it was the drink (though I was so drunk that i didn't even feel capable of ordering a takeaway!!). It was just the fact that i was with friends all day having an amazing time, I was happy, happier than food could make me. I am delighted to realise I CAN get through the day without being excessively focussed on food, I can focus on other things.
xxxx
Old 06-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #41  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Brid that is fantastic....20% of your body weight!
A costa flat white is a double expresso with a bit of milk and some foam. Less milky than latte and cappachino and not as "knock your socks off" as an expresso! Made with skinny milk it's 77 cals according to the costa website.
I don't smoke, don't drink and am now on a blooming diet so coffee is my only weakness!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #42  
Calorie Counter

OMFG!!! I am sooo glad that is over!! So after walking for 30mins, in the rain (grrrr) we taken on this marathon to our training room... A total of 5 flights of stairs without a lift and 3 if we do get the lift.... I mean... Come on!!!

Then there's the people I'm starting with... Yaaaaaaawn!! Trainer would ask a question, it would dead silence for up to 20secs, and I'd finally give up and say something!! Not because I know it all... Well I do kinda lol but because as it turned out, both the trainer and myself got so bored, the day really dragged. So much so, we only had time for a 30 min lunch... Gah!! I'm keeping my mouth shut tomorrow, I've had enough of talking already and im not even on the phones yet!!!

Food wise... Brekkie didn't happen, just.... Blurgh!! Lunch was my salad and now dinner... Oh how I've needed this dinner!! Chicken Korma here I come!! It's later than I normally like to eat... but after all that today... Stuff it!!

Hope everyone else had a good Monday. I'm off to eat and play ps3-ness... Mortal kombat I think
Old 06-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #43  

Blargh, coffee. No wonder I didn't know what a flat white is. I never touch the stuff. Even the smell makes me feel sick. The boyfriend has to drink his coffee on the front doorstep, the poor dear.

Jose, your post's really making me grin. You seem so upbeat and happy, I can practically feel the waves of optimism radiating from the screen. And it's an awesome thing, to realise that other things bring you more happiness than food. Long may this good mood continue!

Only potential downside is the calories in alcohol. The way I tend to do it, which is probably not recommended (particularly for someone who has issues with bingeing (binging? neither looks right)), is I view the calories as exactly equal worth when I'm drinking. No idea of the precise calories in a pint, so I go with a rough estimate of ~200. So if I have three pints in the evening, my body has in theory got enough calories to be going on with, and so doesn't need the evening meal too, it can just have a slice of toast when I get home to stave off the worst of the hangover. If anyone else wants to weigh in on why this is a terrible idea, feel free.

Sounds like a hideously dull first day, Lozz. But you made it through alive and you did all the horrible walking and you didn't go mad in the biscuit aisle and have to be carted away frothing at the mouth and covered in crumbs, so overall I'm going to give a big thumbs up to you for the day. Well done!

Forgive me for harping on about yet another non-scale victory moment - they seem to all be coming at once around now - but I just checked a BMI calculator with my 203.2lb 5pm weight. It's exactly 30, down from 37.7. I am right on the cusp between obese and overweight. This realisation feels incredible.

Last edited by Brid; 06-18-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:24 AM   #44  

Morning! Oh my, good thing I am not too keen on beer. I try to avoid wine too because last time I drunk it, I swear I got fatter overnight!! I stuck to rum and diet coke... and one glass of champagne, hehe. I think seven drinks was a bad idea, oooops!!

Aw, Lozz, I hope it gets more exciting from here on in. It sounds like you were the top student, at least you try to engage within the training.

Great victory Brid! That must feel amazing. I am weighing myself today, I hope I can feel nice and slim (relatively speaking!) in time for my holiday... I go tomorrow.
xxxx
Old 06-19-2012, 05:53 AM   #45  

OMG!!!!!
Weighed myself... I lost nearly 4lbs since last time... this means starting initially from 406lbs I now lost 7 which means 2 things: I lost half a stone!!!!!! and I am now 399lbs, out of the 400s!!!!!! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey I am so happy!!!!!

I am off on my holidays for a week, starting tomorrow, so I am happy that I can go away feeling really great about myself. I just hope I don't gain it back, aaagh!!
xxxxx