UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #61  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Marchmallow, I LOVE CHILLI! I don't even bother with mince, I use kidney beans, pinto beans and black eyed beans typically although have been known to chuck whatever in. A great way to use up veggies, and as you say, no need for rice, win win win!!! It would be even better with garlic bread, but NOT WORTH IT!

Another fav of mine, chickpeas! Just about to eat a bowl of them with spinach and courgette rustled up into a curry.

Blooming love pulses I do, and that's coming from the biggest meat eater of the lot. Thank you Southern India for inttoducing me to their wonderfulness! Might make a pan of daal for tea on Saturday night, will be like takeout but take in!

Boxercise was once again fab tonight! Does your gym do Pump MM? It's not lifting heavy, but it's lifting as heavy as you can with a gazillian reps and works you HARD!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Hi guys just checking in as it's been a few days!

I had a couple of nights away with the boyfriend so I have been eating more than usual. I haven't been going mad, I'd say I've stuck to 2,000 cals or less and no snacking but I normally eat in a much more regimented way (e.g. salad Mon-Fri for lunch) when I am working so I have stalled for a few days which is annoying to say the least!

Managed to do 40 mins cycling today and yesterday and I am aiming for 2 x 40 min sessions tomorrow to make up for my eating earlier in the week.

Hope you are all doing well xxx
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:49 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

Fantastic, Marchmallow! Nothing like a distinction for putting a grin on your face.

I'm glad you lot like chickpeas - the more of them you eat, the less there are left in the world for me!

Good day here weight wise - the pound-a-day thing has stopped, and I actually got on the exercise bike again, after three days off with no real reason for it. Dreadful day in other respects though, I spent far too long this afternoon listening to Spring by Vivaldi and muttering the c-word under my breath repeatedly. Sodding jobcentre, not only are they a bunch of bleeping asterisks, they've totally ruined a decent bit of classical music there.
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 197/156/125

Height: 5'2

TC, have you considered making a recipe blog for all your pulsey delights? I'd love to try them but I'm hopeless at big or complicated recipes! The chilli I made was so delicious, and though it seemed a smaller meal without the rice, it did fill me up and it was so meaty in texture. I love protein, haha!

Woo for boxercise! I'm doing it tomorrow night, I can't wait! I dunno if we have pump, but we have classes that sound like they're that kind of thing (I'm still working my way through the classes, hehe)

Brid - thank you!! It certainly did put a smile on my face!
Marchmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:59 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

Morningggggg

PB - look after yourself and don't hesitate to pop in if you fancy a gossip, whinge/whatever.

MW - Oh no - hope you feel better soon. That sounds nasty.

March - well done on the exam results!

TC - Loving all your recipes.

I'm a sick chick this week. Got an infection of some kind so on antibiotics and then to top that I get a crashing cold. Am resisting the urge to munch more (after those M&Ms) and have gone down the low carb route despite craving them. Am filling up on massive veggie soups etc.
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:02 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 197/156/125

Height: 5'2

Boxing class tonight - dragging a friend along too, hehe!!
Marchmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #67  

Whooop! I got a job promotion today, before I even start! Messes up my plans somewhat, but I've spent the morning re-arranging rather than doing uni work, yet again. Bad me!

Anyone know anything about Peterborough? Might be spending next Friday night there or somewhere around?! Anyone from those parts I'd love some insider help with where to stay for a night and if there's anything to do?!

Yep, I'll share some recipes, right after I've got this dissertation reading started!

Enjoy boxing MM!

Feel better soon EM, we've got a flock of poorly chicks in here this week, booo!
Old 06-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #68  

Peterborough? Ummm...not the most exciting place around! Cheap rooms? Try Travelodge.

Congrats on the promotion
Old 06-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #69  

Thanks Ellie! The jobs in Cambridge, but due to armed forces day and some big airshow (I think) down there next weekend, rooms are almost impossible to come by! I booked for Sat and Sunday night, when I was meant to be starting on Monday back in February, and it was a nightmare then, so now there's no chance!

So the choices are, for me and a mate, either a random village pub closish to Cambridge and the A1, or something in Peterborough....... Which yes, would probably end up being one of the three travelodges! Going to be a random night whatever lol Luckily the mate who comes down with me will then meet up with the otehrs on Saturday when I start the job, and get to see the sights of Cambridge and go out there on the Sat night, and hopefully I'll be allowed out to meet them!

On the subject of the summer job, I'm having a (lame) dilemma, to take scales or leave them home for almost 7 weeks?! I just don't know what to do! Ha ha ha, what an exciting life I lead!
Old 06-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Set a new personal record today, I did 80 minutes of cycling definitely the most daily exercise I have completed in a day since I was at school!
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:03 AM   #71  

Nice one, 1987! Was it a proper bike or just a stationary one? I'm picturing a proper one because I can't see how anyone could do that long on a stationary one without dying of boredom.

It's all quiet on the Lozz front. I wonder how the job's going. And Jose's holiday. I'm getting rather impatient to hear how they've both been getting on this week!

I haven't had breakfast yet today. Decided to have a cigarette first, in the hopes it'd get me needing the loo, if you catch my drift. Only produced liquids yesterday, and I don't want to weigh in with all that food sitting in my guts! Also, I completely forgot about Wednesday's weigh in on our lovely spreadsheet - should we have a link to that in here somewhere? - so here's my Wednesday morning weight: 14st 6.4lbs. Or 202.4 if we're forgetting the stones. Can someone who knows what they're doing with it update the thing, please?

EDIT: okay, toilet before scales was totally the way to go there. Pre-loo, 5.8lbs. Post-loo, 5lbs exactly. Is this way too much information?

Last edited by Brid; 06-22-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #72  

TC - leave the scales at home and find yourself a Boots to wi at once a week or once every two weeks
Old 06-22-2012, 07:12 AM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliemar View Post
TC - leave the scales at home and find yourself a Boots to wi at once a week or once every two weeks
And remember that different scales can say different things! In fact, if you're not going to be travelling for particularly long, I'd say weigh yourself, with clothes on, immediately before you leave, don't pee or eat anything on the journey, and head straight to Boots or wherever when you arrive to see what you weigh there. Then you'll see what the discrepancy between their scales and yours is, and won't be horrified by it.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #74  

Thanks for the scales advice guys! Although I'm setting off on Friday and stopping for a night enroute then arriving on Saturday, so your masterplan won't work Brid! I'm thinking, at the moment that I might just weigh next Fri morning and then weigh again on 16th Aug when I return, EEEEKKKKKK!

Brid, far to much info, but I love hearing other peoples random scale stories too, makes me feel less weird about my own! I think 7 weeks away from mine will do me a world of good, if the suspense doesn't kill me that is!

Well done 1987

I've done spinning and house cleaning this morning, then had a mate over for lunch (that she brought) and have eaten far too many cals for this time of a day on a Friday. So, i'm being good. No drinking tonight, and was thinking about takeout, but I've decided against it, I'm going to start trying to work out what on earth I need to take with me on summer job instead, the excitement! But before that, It's back to dissertation reading, oh yay!
Old 06-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #75  

PS MarchMallow when you're next here, could you possibly edit your first post on here to include the linke to the spreadsheet for easy access? Ta!

Here;s the link, if you'd just copy and paste it into post one https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...m1ibUNNYnE1Snc

Brid, I'll add your numbers now, but do feel free to do it yourself once the link is back on the front page. Just click, find your name and add a number in the column of the week we're on

Last edited by takingcontrol; 06-22-2012 at 10:36 AM.