UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 05:53 PM   #76  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Well done Peacock!!
Old 01-14-2003, 06:17 PM   #77  
Gym'll fix it!!

Carol and Peacock great job!
Old 01-14-2003, 06:40 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5ft

I am dreading weigh-in tomorrow. I have stuck to my points all week, gone under on most days but weighed myself on Sunday morning to find my weight has gone back up to what it was before I started dieting It hadn't gone down this morning either.

The only thing I can think of is that I was weighing myself about 11am during the holidays but that has moved to 7am now I'm back at work etc. I can weigh myself tomorrow at both times just to see but that means I won't have time for breakfast after the 11am weigh in before going to work and I will be at work from 12 till 8 so could do with food before I go really.

Anyway I feel more positive about this diet than I have ever felt before but I feel that things are conspiring against me.

On a brighter note though I decided I would go over my points tonight with a milky coffee containing kahlua and 3 after eights. I ate the after eights but didn't drink more than 3 mouthfuls of the coffee so I do feel positive that I've avoided starting a binge

Tomorrow I'm going to start the Wendie plan. I saw the url somewhere on this site. It involves varying the WW points each day so your body doesn't get too used to the amount I am eating. See if I do any better on that.
Old 01-15-2003, 05:34 AM   #79  

Angry weigh-in

I'm pleased to announce that a miracle has happened in our house overnight and I have lost another 3lb

I've also decided to move my weigh-in time forward an hour a week until I reach 7am.

There is already a jacket potato in the oven for lunch (with beans) and I will buy a count-on-us pasta salad on the way into work for later. Hopefully I will still have plenty of points left for something when I get home from work tonight too.

Good luck to everyone else who weighs in today!

I'm off to do a happy dance now
Old 01-15-2003, 06:09 AM   #80  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Well done Arwen, try to get weighed just once a week, I know it's hard but its harder to understand the fluctuations of our body weight.
TQ- The ex-weight scales obsessive
Old 01-15-2003, 07:11 AM   #81  

Cheers you lot. I have a feeling that I will gain next week though. It is regular as clockwork 2lb on one week and 2lb off the next. I must check but I think I put on 1 week before my period and seem to lose it the week I am on. Am I weird or what?

It is my star week as we say at my club. I came on just after my class. I feel like crap but at least I am 2lb lighter!

Did anyone see that thing on TV called Bloody Women? It was on after Sex in the City.

Glad to know I am not alone but did not really offer any help.
Old 01-15-2003, 07:22 AM   #82  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

And I am a happy bunny again this week The scales said another four pounds off this week, so I am well chuffed, I am, I am.
It is hard to keep off the scales I know, but I do try, plus, the battery doesn't last very long in mine if I keep hopping every time I pass them! So that keeps me off.
Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 01-15-2003, 07:29 AM   #83  

I too am a habitual weigher, but I've weaned myself down to 3 times a week - Monday, Weds & Friday oh and sometimes on a Saturday. But my "official" weigh I do on a Monday morning, I just like to keep a check of how it's going throughout the week, and although its sometimes disappointing like this week when on Monday I was more than I'd been half-way through the week, I feel it helps me to see the fluctuations and I now know that it does go up and down for no reason at all.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:45 PM   #84  
Gym'll fix it!!

Great Job Helen...i'm a compulsive weigher too i think i hop on it every time i go for a pee and i should stop because as the day goes on the weight goes up and that affects my mood i.e. "this is'nt working" "why do i bother?" which usually ends up with me eating chocolate or biscuits i'm going to put it in the closet and only let it out on friday's
Old 01-15-2003, 12:49 PM   #85  
Gym'll fix it!!

Chris and Peacock..you snuck in there while i was posting Terrific.. Congrats to both of you
Old 01-15-2003, 01:01 PM   #86  
Theres no stopping me now

Well done Arwen, Chris and Peacock, and to all other losers out there.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:45 PM   #87  

what are you all????

brilliant!! well done everyone, lets try and keep it up

Old 01-15-2003, 03:36 PM   #88  

Oh Teel I have just noticed the little man in the hat on your last post - looks like Harvey from Fit Club/fat club whatever it was called!

Deliberate?
Old 01-15-2003, 04:40 PM   #89  

Yes,Peacock!!! I am sure the 3fcs included him in the smilie list 'cos he's a dead ringer for Harvey...!I think he is actually quite cute, but then I do wonder about my sense of humour sometimes.....

I am confessing here that I have had a completely hopeless day as far as weight loss and sensible eating is concerned.I haven't eaten a lot....just all the wrong things and not because I needed to eat. All my own fault I know. And tomorrow I am having lunch out with a friend at an eatery pub. So I guess in advance that tomorrow will not be op and angelic, either. I WILL START AGAIN ON FRIDAY...I have come too far to let it go now.
Old 01-15-2003, 05:29 PM   #90  

congratulations to Chris and Peacock!

I think the only way to avoid standing on the scales all the time is to take the battery out, at least that means standing on them involves a lot more effort. I was determined not to get into that habit this time and I've slipped back into it after only a week. And I only stood on them initially so I could pat myself on the back at how well I'd done so far. If only I'd known

I think I will take the battery out on the way to bed.
Closed Thread