3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Winning Losers- Week of 9/3/06 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/92956-winning-losers-week-9-3-06-a.html)

Amany 09-08-2006 12:00 PM

AquaChick! - :nono: You can't be flashing people in the grocery store. Your husband will not like it! :lol: Congrats on yet another nsv. It feels good, doesn't it? I'm glad that we're all starting to see the fruits of our labor. Thank God! I'd hate to think these emotional roller coasters we're on are for nothing! Great job chicky! :hug:
I've never been to a Chevy's. I'll have to look it up and see if we have one in the Metro area. Don't you just love an alernative. We don't have to eat all that fatty stuff. A tablespoon of my low fat sour cream is 20 calories and 1.5 fat grams. That's huge trade off. Especially considering that I don't really care for low fat salad dressing. And fat free just makes me gag!
You're just smokin on that tread sister! Once I'm wamed up, I love the way it feels to jog in place.

Hi Bonnie - Glad to hear you're back in the game. I'm glad all the chaos didn't make you throw in the towel. I've blown many a weight loss and fitness plan over a bad incident. Only to revisit it 20 - 30 pounds later. I just love your focus and commitment to making your life better.
BTW, you're going to love high speed internet. I'll never go back to dial-up. High speed internet (or dsl if I must) is one luxury I'll have to always hold on to.

Danielle :bravo: - Congrats on the loss lady! That exercise paid off!

Melissa - You gave us some timely advice. You're right. It's really tempting to wind down this time of year. I'm always thinking of wrapping up in a wool blanket on the couch in front of the television. Comfort food on hand. You always keep us in line. :hug: Make sure you start giving yourself the same care. I hope you feel better soon.

:mad: My dang blasted scale has not arrived yet! The one I ordered that measures body fat and weight. I'm sort of glad in a way. If it's not here I can't use it every 2 hours. I'm going to start laying off the scale until weigh in days.

sapphire35 09-08-2006 12:06 PM

Hi Amanda: I didn't forget you.;) You were in my head the whole time but i forgot to post. I'm so proud of you for workout last night. :hug: I knew you would. It sounds like your stomach is shrinking, so that appetite is decreasing is wonderful news. I'm in the same boat there, I can hardly eat anything anymore. Alls I eat for breakfast is fruit, plums, bananas, or blackberries. Maybe 1 packet of oatmeal on sunday with the baby. And I always pack a lunch and I make it very light just a meat, 1 large spoon of vegetables. For Dinner I'm eating meat again small portion, vegetable, and 1/2 a carb. Its working out great, I'm down 9 lbs all together in 3 weeks since I started. I like seeing the weight go down, thats what keeping me pumped up. Plus looking at your 19 to 20 lb weight loss. lol.

Take care!! We're counting on you and Aqua to keep us motivated!! I know thats a lot pressure isn't it? LOL. :)

Amany 09-08-2006 12:10 PM

Hey Sapphire. I missed you while I was typing. Hope you're having a good day. I see the exercise bug has struck again...
Nine pounds in three weeks is outstanding. That doctor of yours will be very impressed on your next visit. All your hard work is rewarding you. Great job!
It's nice to not feel the need to eat everything in sight! I know how you feel.

Sugar-N-Spice 09-08-2006 12:25 PM

Sheesh! I feel like I've run 5 miles already and it's only 9! Of course there was no running involved but the whirlwhind that is my youngest DD makes me feel that way! lol She had school pictures today and of course nothing could go right. She spilled mouthwash on her shirt she was wearing, then changed what she wanted done for her hair, decides I get to curl it all over...mind you all this takes place 25 min. before she has to leave! She's in 5th grade! I shudder to think what high school's gonna be like! We've had this drama every single year for picture day since kindergarten, shame on me for thinking today would be any different. LOL So now.....silence.....just me, GMA, and the computer! :D

Brittni, heya sweets. :wave: Yes, I am definitely feeling better today, thank you! You will be burning calories doing that housecleaning today, throw on some music while you're doing it and burn even more!! :dance: You will find your groove soon, and exercise will become a routine. Hey, if I can do it, anybody can!

Aqua, I like your idea for the treadmill. That sounds like something that will definitely get you ready for running. Best of luck with the veggie thing...it is so not for me. Like Melissa, that's just asking for trouble in the gas department. :rofl: Always remember that you are melting melting melting, no matter what that stinkin' scale says!!!

Tricia, it's good to see you today! I think once you get a schedule going with exercise it will become so much easier, I know you'll get it soon! Have fun at the birthday party, enjoy your friends/family as much as the food that I'm sure will be there. Why is it that whenever we start to cut down or limit our intake of foods, suddenly everything we see looks so darn good? lol

Amanda, Ok, I think I'm averaging a meltdown about once every 12 - 14 days. Would that be accurate? Ohhhhh Amanda, if only this were true for me! LOL I think I average one about every 3 days! :lol: I had a good giggle over that one, because my hubby constantly teases me about this! I told him that if men had to endure all that us girls do, they'd be crying like babies! Girl power! I too, loved the elephant analogy, it's perfect. So just keep munchin' chicky, you will get there sooner than you think. ;) You definitely need to be patient with yourself, but most of all BE KIND TO YOU!! You're an amazing woman with amazing spirit, don't ever forget it! It's just weight, lady, you can conquer it, show it who's boss!! Think Laila!

Bonnie, it's great to hear you back on track! :hug: I know the last few weeks have been strenuous to say the least, but hang in there. Look back at the weeks before at all the amazing progress you made, you can do it again! Enjoy the peace & quiet a little, I say some shopping is in order! :D

Melissa, hey girly. I hope that today you are feeling a little bit better. That dr's appt. can't come soon enough IMO. You've suffered for so long with it, I really hope it's nothing too serious. On the other hand I would hate for you to wait all this time and for those "brilliant" doctors to say, "oh, you just need to lose some weight". lol Hopefully there will be a fix to this sooner than later. Bob is still speaking to me, he whispers to me every day regardless if I choose to see him or someone else. I love my dates with him tho, today we have one for when I get back from the grocery. Yipee!

Kenya, it's wonderful to see you sweetie!!! How are you??? You're weightloss so far is truly amazing lady! Keep up the fabulous work, you are gonna be one hot mama!!!

Trish, yes, the pounds are slipping away, but I really wish they would just get up and run already!!!! lol Great job getting to the gym! I really hope you enjoy your water class, I hear that it's amazing. Let us know how it goes!

OH Aqua!!! I forgot to ask....have you found a translator for your chinese measuring tape yet? :dizzy: Maybe hearing it in chinese will sound better than english? lol

Alrighty ladies, I'm off to the grocery. I swear, I HATE going there! :tantrum: I feel like I am there so much. I guess it's the price you pay for eating healthy, no? Fresh food and all that? Anyways, you all be good and play nice!

BBL

iwantnewpants 09-08-2006 01:44 PM

I can't believe it's the afternoon already.....I was just getting ready to say "Good morning"! I've had such a hectic day at work....our docket clerk is gone, so in addition to my normal duties, I have to do all the court filings and deliveries too! Aghh! I'm the low man on the totem pole in case you haven't guessed. :cool:

Everyone has been posting like mad today and it's so exciting to read. It seems like we've all been re-bitten by the exercise bug. I was feeling bad last week and the beginning of this week because of my hip flexor, but it seems to have healed, so I'm back on the exercise wagon and my training continues. I have to do 18 miles on Sunday this weekend, so that's really going to be a challenge. I started walking at a slightly slower pace to keep my hips in good order. Hilarious. I'm like an old lady.

Aqua: :hug: Way to got with the tape measure darling! I know the lack of movement on the scale is probably a little frustrating, but hang in there. The inches mean more than the pounds. And your clothing is a much better indicator of size than the scale. Scales are inherently inaccurate. At least that's what I choose to believe. Ha! No, they are. And, as your tape measure mocks you in Chinese, my scale mocks me in Swedish. It's so annoying. Sometimes when I'm trying to sleep at night, it starts singing. I think it's a big drinker. My scale parties way too much.

I've actually done the raw/veggie thing before and I loved it. I'm not a big meat eater anyway so it wasn't too difficult for me. The part that was really hard was staying on top of my groceries, so it got a little inconvenient with my busy schedule. I also found that it got a little expensive because I would eat things like avocado sandwiches for lunch. Quite a treat, I must say. If you are going to do it and are looking for a source of protein, I recommend salmon (if you're a seafood person of course). I don't know if you have a Trader Joe's grocery store or a Whole Foods around, but they both sell salmon patties. I know it sounds gross, but they're actually quite nice. I break them up in salads. They're a great source of protein and an excellent source of healthy fat. Otherwise, raw almonds or cashews.....both great sources of protein and healthy fat.....careful not to OD on these bad boys though. If you have any questions about raw eating, let me know! I have a great book on it that I can consult for you!

U2Girl: Good to see you back in action! :D

Brittni: Good to see you too! You will definitely burn some calories by cleaning! I wish I could be as motivated to clean as you! Whenever I get home, I just want to veg out and read or watch a movie. You'll definitely find time to work out as you get used to your class schedule. Amanda's right though, you have to make time for it. It will become part of your daily schedule and will be just as mandatory as getting out of bed. It's a great change though and you will feel wonderful!

TriciaK: Good to see you three! I think teaching is so cool and if I had to do it all over again, I think that's the path I would choose. In fact, I've contemplated going back to school so many times for teaching. Agghhhh. You'll find time in your schedule for exercise too. It's just a matter of getting back into the swing of things. :hug:

Trish: I am a MAJOR FB fan as well! I love it soooooo much! I love college, I love pro. I also love college basketball. Who's your team? I personally am a HUGE Bears fan. DITKA! He's my hero. He's completely insane. Did you watch the Steelers/Dolphins game last night? Man, Culpepper has lost some steam......

Melissa: Glad to see you in good spirits! How was the ice cream social last night? I LOVE ice cream. I think I would've eaten my way through the social if I were you! :devil:

Bonnie: Way to go on that walk this morning! I love walking. It totally clears my brain and allows me to process all the things that are stressing me out.

Kenya: So glad you're here! I know you'll be a big inspiration to everyone in this group. I can't believe you've lost almost 100 pounds. That is such an amazing accomplishment. I feel like you'll have some great advice on how to stay motivated and how to make it through plateaus....the whole nine yards!

Danielle: Way to go on those pounds and inches! You are awesome! :encore: That's such a funny story about your daughter this morning. I remember HATING school picture day. My hair always looked funny, I always looked pale or sick, and my mom made me wear funny clothes. Though, those are some of the cutest pictures I have in my scrapbook!

Amanda: I'm so glad you liked the analogies. My dad's a pretty gruff guy, so it's hilarious when he tries to be insightful. Bless his heart. And I'm so glad you're in good spirits today! Hooray! Oooo and I know what you mean about the salad dressing.....salsa is an awesome substitute! I also use straight balsalmic vinegar on occassion. It's amazing how those stupid dressing calories can sneak up on you! I'm doing the carrot dance for you right now! :carrot:

Alright chicks, I'm going to go grab some lunch!

Liz

Amany 09-08-2006 02:35 PM

Since it's football season, and some of you have mentioned football, here's a funny story...

One of Detroit's football coaches was arrested for driving drunk. AND STARK NAKED!! The guy just started and he's been arrested twice in the past week. He was fired from another team because of his drinking and Detroit hired him. Hmmm.... Thats our Lions! Go team!! :carrot: :cb:

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I've always wondered if Detroit is crappy on purpose. Even when we seem to have all the right elements, we still seem to lose. How does the team reward losing coaches and general managers? By extending their contracts and giving them millions of dollars!

The drama is better than the football. :rolleyes:

Sugar-N-Spice 09-08-2006 03:09 PM

Amanda, your team & my team should get together! :lol: The Cardinals just got a big ole ginormous stadium built for themselves...and for what???? Nobody wants to play here, not even the newly drafted QB Matt Leinart. Well, I think after they dangled enough $$$$ in front of him he finally gave in, but sheesh! One of my all time fave players is here tho-Edgerin James- so I guess I'll watch some if I have to...I liked it better when he was on the Colts tho. Oh well, what's a girl to do, right? Football is huge in our house, this is the only time of year that dh actually takes those Sundays off! :rolleyes: That is pretty funny tho about the Detroit coach, I wonder what is wrong with his mind, cause he sho' has lost it!!! :D

Liz, it's great to see ya toots! :wave: Yeah, I always hated school pictures too when I was a kid. I've never really "made" my kids wear anything specific, I am there to just "guide" them, as they say! LOL My 13y/o son is worse than the girls, always has! He loves the mirror! LOLOLOLOL He's gorgeous tho, so if I were him, I'd like looking at myself too! HA! I hope work isn't too hectic for you, it's Friday for goodness sake, time to let yer hair down! ;) I'm so glad that your hip is feeling better, cause Lordy you've got one heckuva walk ahead of you!! And hey, make sure you keep sharing your dad's pearls of wisdom because we sure are enjoying it. :)

Aqua, yes we have Chevy's restuarants. YUM. We don't go too too often tho because for some reason I cannot contain myself and end up making a piggy of myself. :ink: We have another awesome one just across the street from us, Abuelos. Now that's what I'm talkin about, they have themselves some awesome margaritas!!!! :p

Trish, 9 pounds is fabulous! :flow2:

Ok. Lookin' for a little bit more exercise? You can do what I did today at the grocery store. First off it took me forever, I couldn't seem to find anything on my list--for starters I was having a mild anxiety attack(long story--related to food & grocery stores)--and then it was hecka crowded. So I spent awhile going round & round the aisles..I think the employees thought I was there to just play or something. After about the 3rd pass on some of them, they started lookin at me funny. :p I check out and hike out to my car. Mind you, I always park the farthest that I can, its an old habit from years ago. One that I am actually proud to still own. lol. But anyways, so I get out there and start hunting in my purse for my keys....hhmmmm, no keys.....I look thru some of the bags on top, nope no keys...dummy me, figures I was being a ditz and left 'em on the little counter thingy...so I trudge all the way back with my cart--which is quite heavy with my bags and trays of water-- I get to the doors and I realize :fr: that the keys are in my right hand!!!!!! Can you even freakin believe it??? I was so embarrassed at myself that I practically jogged back to the car. LOL So that's my extra bit of walking today....ya'll can join me if ya want! ;)

Hun.e.B 09-08-2006 03:13 PM

LOL amanda my dh was just telling me about this last night I think it was. Driving nekked...Ha!! We are HUGE HUGE HUGE football fans here!! Go Broncos!!! I just love this time of year. I dont however love the snack spread we tend to have...wings, nachos, pizza bites and beer. Big nonoS!

I was just skimming posts before I gotta run and pick up balloon boquets so dont think I'm forgetting anyone!

Danielle...I'm kinda hoping that the doctor will tell me that if I just lose some weight the pain will go away...because beleive me you! Things will get radical around here if thats the case! That will be the easy way out, everything I've been reading looks like possible surgury...which again I'd have to lose weight before I even thought about it.

I had a thought today as I was walking to class. I was trying to think of the healthy choices that I make everyday even if I'm not exercising or eating like I should be. For instance, I always take the stairs in buildings at school. Not because I want the extra exercise but because I dont want people saying...oh look at the fat girl, no wonder shes fat she rides the elevator! See this is not a good way to think about myself. Yes it makes me take the stairs, but its negative talk and that will bring me down down down!

Okay...off to the party store!! I'll be back later, Danielle has a carrot dance on the books!! LOL!!

~melissa

Hun.e.B 09-08-2006 03:14 PM

Danielle...sharing a brain again I see! LOL!!

iwantnewpants 09-08-2006 03:15 PM

Oh Amanda! I totally forgot about that....that's right! I read about that in the paper!

I mean seriously.....who drives naked?!

Here's how the scene plays out in my head:

Police Officer: played by Kenny Rogers
Naked Driver: former Saved By the Bell star Mario Lopez

(Officer approaches car, taps on window with nightstick)
Naked Driver: "Good evening Officer, what seems to be the problem?"
(Officer stares blankly at Naked Driver)
Naked Driver: "Sir, I don't believe I exceeded the speed limit.....and I believe I had my turning indicator on when I made that left turn out of Arby's. Would you like a bite of my cheesy beef sandwich? A curly fry perhaps?"
Officer: "Sir, do you realize you're not wearing any clothes?!"
Naked Driver: "Sir, do you realize that you are the legendary Kenny Rogers?!"

End Scene

Wooo! It's Friday! I think I'm going to celebrate by riding the trian home nude tonight! :carrot:

Sugar-N-Spice 09-08-2006 03:20 PM

LIZ...... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AquaChick 09-08-2006 03:21 PM

Amany- Yeah, I don't wanna flash anyone! :o Man, that could have been embarassing. I had a really long shirt on, but I tested what happened in the mirror. If I had been wearing a hip length shirt, my underwear would have been showing. lol... oh well. Now I know. :D

Yeah, it does feel good though. I keep trying to stay focused and stay fresh. I do the craziest things for motivation. Pictures, skinny clothes, thinking of people I want to see me... specifically people that think they are better than us chubby gals. ;)

Sugar-N-Spice- Highschool... girls... oh, wow. I don't know.... such a tough thing to be a teen in this day and age. All you can do is hope for things to go smooth without too much painful drama. I love teenage kids though. I used to own an arcade. I loved talking to the teens that came in. A lot of times they just needed some guidance to get through the hormonal craziness, and whatever happens in highschool. Half the time the kids came in just to chit chat with me.

You all are a bunch of gassy Gertrudes!!! :lol: I'm not gonna call your bluff. I will invest in either some "beano" or "gas X" right away. I'm not all that into the sound of bagpipes if you know what I mean. ;)

My husband speaks some Chinese, but he says he can't hear anything from the tape measure. :shrug: Maybe it is not speaking in the dialect he learned... ;)

iwantnewpants- The day is moving fast for me too! Yep, I am feeling optimistic about my new routine now that I have talked to everyone today. I think we are all getting our second wind.

You have a Swedish scale?!?! Wow!!! Hmm.... perhaps it's a conspiracy against us American gals needing to lose a few pounds... where did I put my tin foil hat...I'm feeling vunerable now... lol :D

So, you've been veggie before! Cool! I have been doing it today. :) No problem so far. I made a pico de gallo, but I forgot the cilantro. That's okay though. I did dice up and Avacado and I added that to the pico. Had an apple, some greens, and a little bit of carrot, broccolli, cauliflower mix. All raw. Oh, and a jalepeno pepper. I will have the same thing for supper, along with a yoplait fat free yogurt. I have some sunflower seeds, but I need to go look for some raw organic almonds or something of the like. Hubby warned me too, about portioning the nuts because the calories are sneaky. Essential, yet possibly deceptive. That seems to be the trickiest part of the raw diet, not going overboard with the nuts, which have a lot of calories. I appreciate you offer to help me, and I might be calling on you at some point. This is something pretty different for me, so I hope I can do it.

Sugar-N-Spice 09-08-2006 03:22 PM

Melissa, you can have the brain for now...I'm out to lunch! lol

Amany 09-08-2006 03:23 PM

:lol3::lol::lol3::rofl:

AquaChick 09-08-2006 03:24 PM

Hun.e.B- Hi! :)