3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Winning Losers- Week of 9/3/06 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/92956-winning-losers-week-9-3-06-a.html)

Hun.e.B 09-07-2006 10:06 PM

Aqua....its okay for that scale to stall sometimes, your body is just playing catch up, plus remember you dont lose pounds and inches at the same time. So if the scales not moving the measuring tap will! Keep up the good work!! I dont know if I could do vegetarianism. Eating too many veggies makes my tummy really gassy. Sorry I'm sure thats TMI LOL!!

Amanda.....great job getting that exercise done!!!

I slept till almost noon today and I'm going to bed early! Hopefully tomorrow I'll have so much energy I wont know what to do with myself. its our icecream social at the school, not sure I should be serving icecream if I'm sickie! Have a wonderful night all!!

~melissa

u2girl 09-07-2006 10:16 PM

Hello everyone:

Sara, you are doing so awesome. Keep up the spectacular job that you are doing. 15 lbs! :cp: you are really working hard and it is paying off for you. Please don't let your sister being upset with you get you down. You are making great choices and that is a great example for your sister. It won't be too long and your sister will probably be coming to you asking "How are you doing it?" You will reach your goal.

Mia, so you won TJ? Allright! When you get it, definitely post how you like it. I have CP2 and I still have never gotten around to doing it. I am in the middle of a FIRM rotation right now and it's been pretty fun, but boy is it tough! I have both quick fix and 10 minute solution workouts. They are nice when you don't have that much time and want to get some activity. Recently I got Bootcamp Kickbox (10 minute sol) with Keli Roberts. Whew, that lady is a toughie! Those are really good.

Trish! How ya doin' lady? Good to see you. You are just full of good cheer with all the little emoticons. :) Have you pulled out any of those workout videos? I know you might feel a little cooky, but I tell ya, I just love em. 1) I am in the comfort of my own home 2) I don't have to wear anything special or worry about how I look 3) I can pick whatever type of workout I want 4) I don't have to depend on the weather being cooperative. I could think of a thousand reasons why I love working out at home, so of course I am a HUGE advocate of it. I've had gym memberships, but so many things have stood in the way of me getting there regularly, that I just decided to do it at home. Now when I get close to goal and really want to build some muscle tone, I will probably have to join a gym to use the nautilus machines. Well, I got off on one of my tangents. :D What it really comes down to though is what you will do or enjoy. You'll obviously be more apt to do if you like it. You'll figure it out.

Well, catch you guys later.

Elycia

brat_61886 09-08-2006 01:25 AM

Hey ladies,

I GET TO STAY HERE THIS WEEKEND!!!!!! i'm so happy. i really need to study for my chemistry class. Nothing really new. Dont really have anything to vent about...its kinda weird huh? lol. Anyways i'm having a hard time getting things done. like cleaning my apartment...its not dirty, well i dont think it is. I cant see the floor because my clothes are on it!!! lol i know i'm horrible. But really. I cant really seem to move my butt to work out. Its really starting to annoy me. Tomorrow i'm going to get up and clean my whole apartment...well as much as i can. I need to buy a broom. my apartment maintance stole mine and i bought a mop tonight instead of a broom. great right? anyways i think i'm just going to have to figure out a workout program. Study in the morning and work out after class at 6, come home take a shower, eat, tv and then bed. sound good? Should i really take my measurements? i mean i'm only going to weight once a month. If i did it any more than that i would go crazy freaking out over why its not moving. I think i'm going to weight at golds gym once a month so i dont buy a scale and drive myself crazy...okay personals

Elycia- your baby twins are sooooo cute. I love twins. I have cousins that are twins and they just started kindergarden soooo cute.

Melissa- girl i wish i could sleep that long!!! i hope you feel better tomorrow and just dont smell the icecream!!! lol

Danielle- glad your feeling better chica...sometimes we just need to do nothing but rest up and everything gets better!!

Aqua- try eating a burger or something. Honestly ive had friends up the calories and the weight just dropped off. my advice, go out to eat with your family, or cook at home and slurge a little.

Bonnie- sweety i know all about family problems. its really hard to deal with sometimes and even harder being a mother, or so i'm told. Sometimes the best thing to do is ignore it and let your kids screw up there lives and then fix it themselves. I bet the dress is adorable!!! sorry about the plumbers!!! hope they are gone soon. good luck with everythign thought.

A big HELLO to everything that i missed. i love all you chicas!!!
have a good night!!
Brittni

AquaChick 09-08-2006 04:28 AM

Sugar-N-Spice- Thanks for the wisdom... :hug: Yeah, I lost some in my waist and hips. That explains saggy pants. I gained in my arm. I carry 5 pound weights while I tread, that bulked them up a lot. I have decided to drop the weights from the tread... and *gasp* train on jogging. (Amany faints) lol... I can't run at all, I look ridiculous when I do!!! But I thought long and hard tonight about what I can do on my favorite piece of machinery to change my routine. Training to jog/run is great. You burn more calories, gain endurance, and to become a good runner eventually... you have to have an ever changing pattern. So, I will start small. Jog a few minutes, walk, jog a few minutes, walk. I hope that will help me build some endurance and also produce better results. Still tossing the raw veggie thing around. If I do it, I will be very health concsious about it. Thank you for the nice compliment about my workout minutes. I have grown to love my treadmill. I would feel very guilty to look at it for a day and know I didn't take 'er for a spin. :D

Hun.e.B- Thank you for saying that. I did lose some measurement in my waist and hips. Not a ton, but enough to make my pink sweats a thing of the past. :D Sounds like you need to recoup some energy in you body. Please, take good care of yourself. :hug:

brat_61886- Cleaning burns calories. :D
Yeah, I'm sure you could squeeze in 30 minutes a day. Even a brisk walk sometime in your day would be a good start. I know you can do it. It might even ease some of your study stress and such. :hug:
I think it's cool to measure yourself once a month, if that's how often you feel it's best to weigh in.
I don't think I can bring myself to go outside WW (or veggie if that's the route I try for a couple of days). I have a fear that I will not make it out. I mean, I would be scared that I would go back to some old ways. I have really screwed myself in the past by thinking, just this once, and then that turns into a binge or I feel I failed and give up. I'm not ready yet. I get what your saying though, an extra amount of calories to switch it up a bit. :)

TriciaK 09-08-2006 06:02 AM

Good morning ladies... long time no chat... I have been so busy with back to school that my head was spinning. Of course, I had trouble sleeping the night before the kids came, so yesterday when I got home... I napped for two hours. I had to skip my night class because I was having trouble functioning.. How sick is that? I just wrote the prof, got my work, and hopefully it wont be too bad to make up the work. Life happens... Anyway, I am trying to get myself on schedule so that I can work in the gym after school. Cannot go early since I leave at 620 am. But I think my body just needs to get used to what is going on... Tomorrow is the big weigh in day, so we shall see how that goes... then i have a birthday party to go to.... Hope all is well and I was reading all of your blogs... it has been a busy couple of days... i will try and check in tonight, but if not... definitely tomorrow after weigh in.... ta ta for now

Amany 09-08-2006 06:38 AM

Good morning everyone! :wave:

Ok, I think I'm averaging a meltdown about once every 12 - 14 days. Would that be accurate? :dunno:

Liz- I love your dad's analogy about the elephant. It was fitting. I'm thinking of all these fitness goals I'd like to accomplish. Five minute miles, being able to do 20 pushups, etc, etc...
So I find myself wanting to rush to do those things, but I can't. Then it just becomes overwhelming. I really need to give myself more time. I haven't done those things in years!
Also, part of me is afraid to hope I can lose this week. I remember thinking when I was younger that if I ever got over 200 pounds that I would just give up. I'd didn't see myself being able to lose after that. So, it's a little bit of that too. So, now, I'll just imagine myself eating an elephant. :) Starting at the ears. It will take a while to get to the toes! Thanks Liz. :hug: You're right about the pi**ing on today too. I gotta stop doing that.... :o :lol: BTW, keep up the good work. Your exercise is awesome!

Aqua What does the tape measure say when it's mocking you. :lol: That was so funny.
You're want to jog too?! That's fantastic. No, I didn't quite faint. But you could have knocked me over with a feather! :lol: I thought I was the only one that had dreams of running around in circles! Running feels good. Even when I'm running in place, even though it's hardly the same, it feels good.
I think changing up your exercise is a good idea. Your muscles become adjusted to the same exercise very quickly. So they will reward you for challenging them. Yes, it will hurt at first. Then it will get better, and you're doing such a good job! I can't tell you what those lunges did to me in that bellydance video! My legs hurt for two days and I finally broke down and took some Advil and later on some Tylenol. I did the bellydance again last night and my legs don't feel nearly as bad. In fact they feel just fine. And I know I'm starting to get a better all around workout.
Oh that blasted scale!! :mad: I'm so glad Melissa has us measuring. Sometimes that scale just isn't going to tell you what you've done. And, even though I hate blaming AF too, sometimes we start to retain water before she shows up. And we might keep it until she leaves! Danielle is right. Think of those pink pants! If your legs and hiney can't hold them up any longer, then you've definitely lost something! :D
Veggies are our friends! :) If you only do raw veggies for a couple of days I don't see how it could hurt. I think you'd need some source of protein too though. Like soy or something. That's just my guess. I'm not very knowledgeable with nutrition. :shrug:
I'm glad you like my avatar! I thought I was the only one motivated by it. She's a woman and she's a fighter! I love it! Man, once I'm in shape like her, you could put me in a boxing ring, bring out my opponent and I'd...... RUN!!!!! :lol3: I'd be in great shape though.

Danielle! :hug: I hope you're feeling better today lady. Thank you for the encouragement. You always know just what to say. :) I think I am starting to feel like my old self again. I just needed to take the same advice I gave Aqua and heed to advice to me and be patient with myself.
I'm glad I'm able to motivate you and anyone else that reads my posts. It's a fair exchange because this is where I get my support and encouragement. I know I've said it many times, but I really feel indebted to you ladies. You all keep me going.
I'm glad you're feeling better!

Hi Sara - I'm glad the workouts are going well.

Melissa - You always give us what we need to keep us going. Thank you, than you, thank you. How do you do it?
You're right. The exercise bug needed to show up again and get us going.

Trish- Thank you lady. You're right. I need to just shake this off and keep going. Thanks for the :flame: :hug: I have to keep it up. I have some obligations here! I'm so glad you dropped by the cheer team. ;)

:hug: Bonnie:hug: - I'm so sorry to hear of the ordeals you've had. I wish you'd have been able to see your granddaughter in the dress. Hopefully her mom will have her wear it later on and send you a picture. Do you think she'd send you a picture if you asked her?
Oh the plumber.... Ouch! I know that's stressful and expensive. I hope it doesn't last long.
I'm glad to hear your getting back in the fight today. We need you! We've been struggling and we need your energy!!!! Let's hold each other up and keep going.

Mia- Congrats on the shrinking poundage!!! :bravo:

Tricia and Britt - Once you guys get into your schedules, you'll find the time to exercise. Of course you'll have to carve that time out, but you'll both find it.

Well, I'd better go. I just completed my Walk and Jog video. I was thinking of trying the water aerobics today. If I don't think my skin can take it, I think I'll spend some with you-know-who :drill:.

You know what? My appetite in the mornings is diminishing. But if I don't eat, I spend the rest of the day hungrier. Lately I'ven eating two boiled eggs and two sausage patties in the morning. Maybe I'll just have one of each.

Oh yeah...

I think I can start cutting all the calories from my salads. No more salad dressing!! Lately I've been seasoning my meat. With lower sodium seasoning though and adding some salsa or pico and about a tablespoon of low fat sour cream. When I do that, I find that I don't really need the salad dressing.

BBL!!

AquaChick 09-08-2006 07:03 AM

TriciaK- Hi! :hug: Good to see you. School does make you busy, I understand that. You have a lot of things going on right now. We need time to adjust, but eventually we always adapt. I hope the birthday party is fun, and I hope the weigh in goes well... but if your weight changed as much as mine, here is a hug in advance....:hug: .... and try not to worry about it. (but I hope it moves in your favor :) ).

Amany- "Man, once I'm in shape like her, you could put me in a boxing ring, bring out my opponent and I'd...... RUN!!!!!"

:lol: You prefer peace, there's no shame in that!!! At least you'll look like the wrong chick to mess with. :D I have high hopes to end up looking like one of those chicks too.

The tape measure? Well, I'm not sure what it says, it lives in a Chinese tea cup so it speaks Chinese. I can just tell by it's tone that it's mocking me. ;)

I can't say I'm having fanciful dreams of sprinting through the fields....yet...., but I definately need to kick my workout into place for this week. I also will have to keep getting up early to begin my jogging training. I have to avoid my husband standing beside me and imitating my running stance while I'm on the treadmill as he's saying "Run Forrest!!!! RUN!!!!" I get so mad, but I laugh and feel like I'm gonna slip right off the doggone thing. :lol:

Uggghhhhh, the LEGS!!!! They can really make you suffer when you give them some serious training.

I'm so glad she has us measuring. Seeing the scale at a standstill might have ruined my whole week if I didn't see some physical loss.

I already got my tread in. I walked 9 minutes, jogged 4 minutes in rotation at 3.2 miles per hour, for one hour solid. I did pretty good until the last 4 minute jogging stretch. Then I just wanted off, I finished though. If I wouldn't have finished it would have bothered me all day.

I do not blame you for getting rid of the salad dressing. That stuff sneaks up on you so bad! Salsa or pico is an awesome idea. I'm picky about salsa, sometimes the salsa in jars at the store is so nasty! Bitter like. Blech. Do you have any Chevy's Mexican restaurants in Detroit? Oh my goodness, their salsa is divine!!!! I could pull up a bowl of that and drink it with a straw! :lol: If you have never been to Chevy's, I highly suggest you try it if you get the chance. They don't use anything canned. Everything is 100% fresh.

Anyway, have fun with :drill: I be around later! :)

rkrs6673 09-08-2006 08:01 AM

Hello Ladies--- Melissa (Hun.e.B) has given me directions on how to find this group again. How is everyone doing?

Butterfly50 09-08-2006 09:25 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

Going to get my shoes on this morning and walk up town it is a mile their and a mile back . I think Iam going to pop into a few stores too and look around now I have some Free time no children and No Plumber although he will be out next week to fix the leak under the house. At least Now it dont 20 min to fill the sink up.
I am going to send my Soon to be daughter in law a email and ask her to send me a picture in the dress . She wants me to send her a copy of all the pictures that we took while they were here. It will be next week when I get high speed . Dial up takes 30 min to send a pic.
Other then that I am doing fine I got up this morning and ate my1 cup Rolled Oat meal with a 1/2 cup of Low fat yogurt and a apple. The few days I didnt eat this I could tell this will hold me till lunch and I wont feel hungry and that makes me feel good.
I am going to get my shoes on and hit the side walk I need to stop and take a few address down I complained to the mayor about the weeds being as tall as Iam and the bees and sand stickers so the state is going to check to see who has to take care of the problem. So I better be going More later.

Hun.e.B 09-08-2006 10:05 AM

Good Friday Morning lovelies!!! I'm so glad its friday! another busy day on the slate for me, I'm armed with my advil cold and ready to hit it running! Okay not running more like a step and a limp but I'm going none the less! LOL!

Brittni...I hope cleaning goes well for you! I've got a whole housefull to do myself but theres always something more important to get done. I'm wondering if this not wanting to exercise bug that most of us are struggling with has something to do with the change in season. I think we naturally start slowing down come fall. But we must overcome that!!! Planning ahead will definetly help! You can do it!

Danielle...I think I missed you yesterday somehow...shame on me! LOL! I hope you are feeling even better this morning than last night. Have you heard from bob recently? I miss him!

Aqua....WOOOHOO she's shrinking everyone!!! Even a little loss showing is pretty darn amazing considering its only been a week! Proof is in the pudding there girlie!! Like danielle said its enough to get rid of those pink sweatpants!! Are the grey ones going too? Congrats on a very successful week!! Tread tread tread!!!!

Tricia...Good morning!!! It takes a little time to get back used to the school schedule! You'll do it! Your body just needs to catch up now! I hope the WI goes great for you tomorrow! Cant wait to see the results!

Amanda...good morning sunshine!! Encouraging and supporting you guys is easy because you make it that way! You really are an astounding bunch of ladies! I've got this nasty habit of finding it easier to help someone else than to help myself. So I focus more on that. I think you are right about not needing salad dressing if you really flavor up the meat you use on it. Even salsa is better than that dressing. I've never gotten the hang of the taste of using just balsalmic vinegar or whatever it is they recommend now. Gotta have that breakfast though...thats what gets your metabolism going for the rest of the day!!

SCALES ARE FOR FISH!!!!

Kenya!!! Yay! You made it!! I was so happy to see your smiling face here this morning!! How is everything going plan wise?? 3 more lbs and you have lost 100!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Jump right in where you can! I've missed tons the past week and these wonderful ladies just keep carrying me along!

Bonnie...right back on that train!!! Good for you!! The bees are terrible here this year too, I've heard its because the winters are so mild lately that they didnt get killed off last year. I hope it doesnt happen again this winter or we are going to be infested!! How was that walk?!

Alright! Time to get going! I hope everyone has the BEST day, its friday!! Any fun weekend plans? Its homework and housework for me..whooopie!! Oh and 3 days of exercise!!!! I can do it!! I'll check on you later after the icecream social!!

~melissa

Sugar-N-Spice 09-08-2006 10:10 AM

TGIF! Good Morning Gang!

I don't have lots of time right now but just wanted to share my good news! I lost 2 pounds and 5.5 inches!!!! :dancer:

Anywho, I gotta scoot- kids to school- BBL

Butterfly50 09-08-2006 11:15 AM

Melissa my walk was great I left here at 9:50 and it was 11:15 when I walked back in the house. Felt great Now I have Chicken breast in the oven . Check back later.

AquaChick 09-08-2006 11:23 AM

rkrs6673- Hi! :) I'm doing pretty good, how are you doing? I hope all is well with you. :hug:

Butterfly50- Good morning! Good for you getting a walk in! :) Glad to hear you have a temporary fix on that plumbing situation. Things like that are small in the grand scheme of things, but they cause so much aggitation and stress. :( Sounds like you got your plans going in motion for your day, now I hope you have a wonderful day! :hug:

Hun.e.B- Aw... a step and a limp... that is sad. I hope you get to feeling better. :hug:

Thank you so much for all the kudos for shrinking a little bit. :) I was sorta disappointed last night, but I'm over it. It will come off. I know it will. These things take time, and it's so hard to accept that sometimes, especially when you are trying to do everything right. My gray ones aren't gone as of yet, but I predict one week, two weeks tops. I also have some blue jogging pants that I thought were gonna fall down and expose my rear in the store this morning! :o I didn't realize they were getting so loose until I was already pushing the cart in the door! The bottom of the legs of the pants were getting caught under the heel of my shoes! I looked at them when I got home and I can see how my stomach had streched the elastic out quite badly on top. I never knew it before, because my belly pressure had been holding them up. My waist and hips are the first things shrinking, so that's why I can see it now. Amazing.

Sugar-N-Spice- ACK!!!! I'm SOOOOO JEALOUS!!! Congratulations are in order for you! :hug: :carrot: :cb: :high: :cheer:

Wow, I hope I will see some more obvious improvement next week. I have made some changes in my workout and I am going to eat raw veggies today as a dry run to see how I can handle that. I'm hoping I can do that a couple of days a week. It would probably help a lot.

sapphire35 09-08-2006 11:48 AM

:coffee: :cheer: Good Morning Ladies!!!! :cofdate: :cheer:

I got a really good workout in yesterday at the gym. I had missed 2 days already this week and felt guilty. I love the idea of the water aerobics you ladies were talking about. So I paid for one session on saturday morning. Hopefully I'll like it and I will mix it in with my weekly workout at the gym.

The month of september seems to be flying by already. We're going to be at the end of this challenge before we know it. I feel like I really need to kick it up a Notch (BAM).:carrot: Lets all Kick it up a notch for the next couple of weeks, lets push ourselves just a little bit more each week. :lifter: I want to see us all tie at the end of the challenge.

Melissa and Aqua: you two already kicking up a notch, weigh to Go!:woops: Congrats on the inches lost Aqua.;)

Danielle - Hello awesome job on the pounds and inches lost, they're just slipping away.:)

Bonnie: Hello, and have a nice walk today, now thats the way to kick it up! You Go Girl. :running:

U2girl: How are you? No I have not done a video since Saturday, just the gym. I feel alone and quirkie when I do the videos at home. I truly believe I need that gym environment to make me feel like i'm achieving something. I know that is weird. But I like the variety of equipment they have. I know when winter comes I'm going to want to stay in the house, thats probably when I will break out the videos more. I think I'll do my pilates on sunday, because my gym is closed on Sundays, and I did miss 2 days this week already, so that will make up for it. But its going to have to be early, because I am a MAJOR, MAJOR, MAJOR football fan. And I know my husband is going to want to go somewhere and watch all the Games. Maybe Ozzie Sportbar or Ameristar Sports bar. During Football season we go watch all the Games somewhere every Sunday. Hows your two little ladies?

Hello: Britt, Iwantnewpants, sara, Tricia, Mia :wave: :wave: :wave:

Hi Kenya: Wonderful job on the weightloss. Man your going to have share your secret, very impressive. I hear you live in st. louis along with u2girl and myself. Thats neat, we're also so close we'll have to get together one day and share stories. :cofdate:

Gotta go Ladies I'll check in throughout the day.

AquaChick 09-08-2006 11:56 AM

Thanks sapphire35 :hug:

Good job going to the gym. I like that "BAM!!! Kick it up a notch!!!!" :D :carrot: