3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Winning Losers- Week of 9/3/06 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/92956-winning-losers-week-9-3-06-a.html)

Amany 09-05-2006 11:47 PM

Awww... Thanks Melissa!

I really owe a lot to everyone here who's allowed me to rant, encouraged me and inspired me. The ladies on this thread and my husband have been a springboard for me.

I appreciate your kind words. Thank you, thank you, thank you. :hug:

AquaChick 09-06-2006 04:59 AM

brat_61886- Wow, Australia! How cool is that! It's a looooooonnnnnggggg flight. :)

Sugar-N-Spice- Skinny feet! I love it! :D I have Billy Blanks Boot camp. It's good. He isn't scary at all, he is very motivating I think. It's pretty intense though.

Amany- That was so sweet of him to get you some new running shoes. That was gonna be a reward, right? :) Very Nice.

needhelp27- Picture time is a really good motivator. Just take it one day at a time. I know you can do it. :hug:

Hun.e.B- I have no idea what is wrong with other shoppers at wal mart. I think that it is such a "me" society, and rather than be courteous to other people trying to shop they are only concerned with what they are there to do and you are merely an object in there way and slowing them down.

I'm so sorry your leg hurts. :( That is not good, I'm glad you plan to get it checked out.

It's gonna take some time to get into a solid groove. Just get back on. Don't feel guilty for taking care of YOU sweetie. I know how much you love your family, and you are a busy bee and take on a lot of responsibility for everyone- but you are gonna have to set some time away for you to journal on your eating, to get a little workout in, whatever it is you need to do to take care of yourself. It's important. Everyone who loves you knows that. Maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I sense a wee bit of guilt from you for having to make some space for yourself. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry. I'm a Momma too, and I did that for a long time. "I can't do this because my kids might need X and I won't have time for Y and they might get their feelings hurt if I don't do Z, so I will have to find time tomorrow"... etc... I finally said skip it, I'm getting up in the morning, the kids might have to wait an extra 5 or 10 minutes for breakfast, they can handle it. In fact one of my kids asked me "Mommy is your fat gone yet?" (I told him I was trying to lose fat) Bless his heart, he doesn't even know, realize, or care if I'm fat. I love those little babies. :D

Oh, and....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!:gift: :woo: :balloons:

iwantnewpants 09-06-2006 11:04 AM

Goooooooood Morning Lady Girls!

Well, today is my weigh-in day and I lost 3 more pounds. Time for a carrot dance! I'm pretty thrilled about that because Molly Messy my Monthly Houseguest is in town and I have had mad cravings for chocolate, etc.. Also, with Labor Day, I wasn't exactly meticulous with my diet!

Everyone has so much exciting news. I LOVE this forum. There is so much positive energy flowing around these parts!

Amanda: Congrats on the new jeep! I love getting new cars, though I haven't had one in a long time. Granted, I don't even have a car right now! Also, that was SO sweet of your husband to buy those shoes for you. You have got one supportive hombre over there and you are one lucky gal. And it's so great that you guys get to enjoy some time off together.

Aqua: I love that story about the pink pants. I have a similar pair of pants that my boyfriend is not too fond of. They are also pink but have blue fish all over them. I wear them to sleep, eat, workout, to the grocery store. They are wonderful pants. But, I'm sure he won't be too sad to see them go when they are too big on me. Though that won't be for a while! Also, what a sweet little baby you have.

Bonnie: No stress about that 3 pounds. It will come off in NO time. I find that I don't drink that much water on the weekends and it could be something as simple as dehydration. Hang in there lady!

Mia: I am with you.....I am SO sick of the way media portrays overweight folks.....especially women. I am a HUGE fan of the Sopranos, but I really take issue with the differences between the men and women on that show. All of the men are HUGE! And none of the guys poke fun at each other for being overweight. But then there's a character.....Jenny Sack, Johnny Sack's wife, who is overweight......and there are a lot of jokes about her weight. It's ridiculous to me that it's so different for men and women. They also portray the men at dinner all the time, eating like normal people and enjoying their wine. And of course, the one time they show Jenny Sack eating, she's on the floor binging on candy she'd hidden in a cupboard. It really made me angry. And I think it's really unfair. Grrrr.

Trish: SO cute of your mom with the fruit. That's really great and shows how supportive she is. She'll be a great person for you to lean on during this journey.

n2luvnlife: Don't worry about the bad weekend! It happens! You dust yourself off and get back on track. I have to say, I think it helps to let loose a little on the weekends. Certainly losing weight is important, but life is too short to get uber stressed about it. I'm sure you're already back on track!

Heather: Congrats on starting another year of school. That is really exciting....especially your senior year! You can make so much progress between now and November.....but don't think too far ahead. Just focus on one day at a time, otherwise you'll get so stressed out. As my dad always says, "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time."

TriciaK: Hebrew dogs are my FAVORITE! I rarely indulge in the hot dog treat, but whenever I'm at a Cubs game, I ALWAYS get a Hebrew dog! I'm so excited to know they make a lowfat version.....although this means I'll probably start eating them at home! Oh no!

Alright girls, I know there are a couple I missed, so shout outs to everyone!

Have a beautiful and wonderful day! The weather here is gorgeous and I'm so excited to go on my walk later.....even though I think I might be coming down with a cold. Hmph.

Liz

miafluker 09-06-2006 11:09 AM

mel happy b-day
liz congrats im dancing with you:carrot:

how is everyone doing today?

Sugar-N-Spice 09-06-2006 11:56 AM

Happy Birthday Melissa!!!!!!!!! :hat: :gift: :woo: :flow2:

Good morning ladies! It's good to see everyone doing so well. I think I'm getting sick, my chest hurts and I have a cough. Freakin lovely!!! :mad: I am headed for a workout right now before I decide I don't want to do it at all! BBL.....Be good!

lovethatsara 09-06-2006 12:49 PM

Happy birthday to you Happy Birthday to you Happy birthday Mrs. Melissa Happy Birthday to you *sung in Marilyn voice* hehehe

Heather - You will look beautiful in your grad pics no matter what.
Amanda - Congrats on your finishing your belly dance video! I'm sure you feel empowered now.
Aqua - Congrats on hitting your milestone. Thats really great.

I was going to give a big long speal out but just realized my ride is here to pick me up for work. (my dad hehe) I'll talk to you ladies tonight.

iwantnewpants 09-06-2006 01:10 PM

Aghh! I can't believe I missed it......but HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELISSA!!!! Have a WONDERFUL DAY!

iwantnewpants 09-06-2006 01:16 PM

:carrot: :carrot: And Mia, thanks for doing the carrot dance with me......they just don't get it at my office. Hardee har har! :carrot: :carrot:

Sugar-N-Spice 09-06-2006 01:33 PM

Alrighty then!! :carrot: Sheesh, that pilates is alot harder than it appears. Boy o boy must my posture be horrendous! She's asking to sit up straight for certain positions and omg, my back! I could really feel this workout in my lower back which is what I've been complaining about. I'm sure I will wake up very sore tomorrow. I felt muscles engage today that I never knew I had! lol I only did the shorter one because I didn't want to overdue it. But! I did a 1mile WATP too so I got 50 min. in so far today. I may do some exerball (love that thing!) exercises tonight while I watch the telly. I love this exercise thing! :dizzy: Hey, and I'm sure you'll all come and yell it me if in the future I decide that I don't like it so much, right? RIGHT!

Amanda, I had to laugh when you mentioned that song last night. That very song I heard in my dreams even! And then Heinekin had to put it in their commercials and I was doomed! I think what it is is that I love catchy tunes, they make me feel good. My husband thinks I'm nuts because I love love love dance music. It makes me feel really good! You have got yourself one heckuva hubby lady. What a sweetheart to get your shoes for you. He really pays attention to the hard work you're doing, that is fantastic.

Heather, you will look gorgeous in your pictures! You have your head & your heart in the right place to do this sweetie. We are all here to cheer you on! Good luck with your senior year, enjoy every second of it cause soon you'll sit back and wonder where that year went! I have a sister who is a senior this year too and she is busy busy busy. You have set yourself up for major success, I know you can do this! :high:

Melissa, I hope you have the best birthday ever. You are a busy mama these days, please no guilt! I know that you will find your stride very soon and be able to incorporate everything like you want. Maybe doing a workout w/ a dvd would be easier right now than trying to get out for a walk? Or maybe the eliptical for a while? I just want you to be happy with yourself and to make some time for you. You know what needs to be done and I know you're priorities will settle in to a way that works for you. :hug: Hey! How was that lovely bed you were talking about?!? I hope you had a great sleep. Definitely get that leg checked out, it's been way too long!

Aqua, yeah, hopefully the rest of me shrinks as fast as my feet do! :p I can't tell you how many times I've done the "xyz excuses" as a way of justifying my reasons for not getting healthy. Luckily now my kids are old enough to be pretty self sufficient so they do alright on their own. It was coming to the realization that those excuses don't work anymore and that *I* am the only one holding me back. I would really really hate to raise my kids into great adults and then not be here to enjoy their adult lives and grow old with my hubby, all because I chose not to quit stuffing my face or get off my butt and move a little. God bless your little one, what a sweetheart! They just don't see us as we do!

Liz, WTG on the 3 pounds!!! :dancer: You're definitely doing something right. I guess pretty soon we'll have to think of something creative to do with your pink pants! You're shrinking! I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Me either. :(
I hope the rest of the day is great and you end up feeling alot better soon!!!

Mia, Sara, Lori :wave: How ya doing ladies?! :dance:

I feel like we're missing some people. ? Could this be? I think we need to do a roll call here soon!!!

Have a lovely day ladies!

Hun.e.B 09-06-2006 02:03 PM

Danielle and Aqua...thanks for your words of encouragement, it really means alot to me. I know I really cant make any excuses, that one way or another, pain or no pain it can be done, I've just gotta make that commitment to ME and do it. Thanks for your ideas, I'm going to work on it!! Off to do more running! And I was gonna take a birthday nap...NOT! LOL!

~melissa

AquaChick 09-06-2006 02:30 PM

iwantnewpants- 3 pounds!! Wow, yes!!! That is so good! Great job! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: I hope you have a wonderful day! If I just lost three pounds I would be doing that dance where you grab your heel from behind and pump your knee in and out really fast...lol... I'd fall on my arse, but I'd do it anyway!!! :D

miafluker- I'm doing pretty good today. Did my tread way early, and have done some toning today as well. I hope your day is going well. :)

Sugar-N-Spice- Yipes, being sick is no bueno senorita.

Yeah, pilates do tend to sneak in on ya. Wait until you wake up in the morning. It's a good thing though, we need to be moving parts we don't compute at this time...lol... it means we are making progress.

lovethatsara- Hope you are having a good day! :hug:

Hun.e.B- We love ya Hun.e.B!!! You always keep me motivated. You did something I needed desparately with the measurement thread. Talk about accountability! But I love it. :)

sapphire35 09-06-2006 02:42 PM

Hello, Hello, Hello

How are all of you chickies today?:wave:

I'm just really busy with work right now, so I haven't been able to chat lately. So I'm just going to be sending quick responses right now.

COngrats to all the ladies that are dropping these pounds like there no big deal. Great Job!!!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: I feeling the need to carrot dance for you iwantnewpants.

Amanda: hope you like the new jeep, I love my cherokee.;)

Aqua: you are giving soming really good advice and I like that. :coffee:

Melissa: Happy B-Day, enjoy it to the fullest. :hb: You earned it, busy girl.

Heather: I agree with the other ladies you are going to be knockout in graduation pictures you just wait. :hug: Right now your are really aware of everything your doing regarding to your weight. Just stay positive and motivated and you will succeed. We are here for you every single day.

Question??? How do you go into the challenge thread we started for Sept and do updates on the original post you made without starting a new post?:?: :?:

Gotta Go ladies, back to the grinding board.

AquaChick 09-06-2006 02:59 PM

sapphire35- Hi!!! :)

All you gotta do is go to that thread, and push the edit button on your post. It will allow you to change whatever you want. It will not pull it up to the front of the support group thread, but Friday someone will probably bump it so we can all see what has transpired with everyone else this week. So far it seems we have been editing our posts and just letting that particular thread slide back until it is time to take a good look. :)

Sugar-N-Spice 09-06-2006 03:22 PM

Aqua, no, I know that it's a good hurt, I guess maybe it sounded like I was complaining in a bad way. I'm not. I know that I need to work past this to get to the really good stuff and that's fine with me. I've done it before and I can do it again. Except this time before losing all this weight like I did last time I know what I'm getting in to. When I dropped 80 pounds before it was all so new to me, I've been heavy all my life so this was a completely new experience and one I was absolutely not ready for. The thing I was most uncomfortable with was all the attention I got. At first it was nice, but then it just wouldn't go away. People noticed me more and more and I ended up resenting it because it irked me to no end to know that these very same people would never have given me a second glance if I'd been fat. Onward and upward, as they say.....

Mel, I know you will find a way, no doubt about it. You did this once, remember? I was there, so I know these things! ;) Baby steps all the way if you gotta, just so you get to the finish line. I have every faith in you that you will do this! You've never let me down before, you will rock this thing! ♥

sapphire, it's too bad that work is keeping you so busy. Don't they understand you need time to socialize with us? LOL I hope that it slows down some for you and you can chat with us soon. Aqua gave you the correct way to edit your post on the challenge thread...one lil teeny-tiny tidbit..and I'm embarrassed to admit this..but..... just make sure you're logged in otherwise your edit button won't show up on your post. I swore I was losing my mind :crazy: when I went back to try and edit and couldn't find that blasted edit button. LOL So if you've been on for awhile idle, chance are you need to re-log back in so it shows up. .... HTH!

AquaChick 09-06-2006 03:40 PM

Sugar-N-Spice- I didn't think it sounded like you were complaining in a bad way. :hug: I think I just had a flashback of a pilate experience... :D