3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Winning Losers- Week of 9/3/06 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/92956-winning-losers-week-9-3-06-a.html)

AquaChick 09-07-2006 01:50 PM

lovethatsara- Hi sweetheart! I'm doing great today, thanks for asking. :hug:

No need to feel bad. You didn't do it. She see's you being successful and it is making her realize she wants and needs to make some changes for the better in her life. I'm proud of you for being a good example, and an inspiration to your sister. I am also proud of your Mom and you Nana for assisting her in making those first crucial steps to self improvement. God Bless you ladies for that.

miafluker- Hi! :hug:

I'm doing really great so far. :D Looks like you are really getting yourself revved up! That is great! Everytime I see you all get new videos, or have new realizations about weight loss it just makes my adreniline zoom. I want to be successful too!

Could be water weight. Weight can fluctuate big time in the course of a day, it's so weird.

Hun.e.B 09-07-2006 01:51 PM

Good Morning/Afternoon everyone! Yes I'm just getting out of bed! and its almost noon. I played hooky today. I didnt originally intend to but everytime i got up to get ready for class my calf would cramp, I took it as a sign and stayed in bed. LOL! Plus, I think Danielle is sharing her cold with me! I dunno why she feels she needs to be so generous! Either that or the smoke is just getting to me and flaring up some allergies. Whatever it is, its miserable. And I made that doctors appointment for Sept 28th.

Another carrot dance for Mia!!! Yay!!

Dont forget that tomorrow we do check in for the challenge, that means you get to mock that tape measure right back! LOL!!

I'm sorry I didnt do personals now, but I'll be back after a bit to catch up with everyone!! Today is definetly gonna be my day off but i cant relax when there is a mess, so I'm gonna straighten things out, and since my leg isnt hurting at all I'm going to hop on my elliptical for 10 minutes. See how it goes and ya never know I just might do 10 or 20 more!! Babysteps right!

Have a great afternoon everyone!

~melissa

Butterfly50 09-07-2006 02:06 PM

Hello Ladies,
Not doing too good right now. I have had the plumers at my house since the beginning of the week and they still have to come back. Needless to say that I havnt done any exercising. I kinda have been watching what I eat. I do want to get up in the Am and get back into motion.
Hopefully my step son will be out of my house here in a few weeks and that stress will be gone. Now I had to spend yesturday at my sons dentist off for him to get his teeth fixed. Monday the school theraptist has called and we have to meet at the school to start my daughters Mental Health Appoitments. ( Thank God, Finally) She said it would be a few week before they could tell me what meds she will have to be on.
The Granddaughter is gone and have some dissapoitment with her mother. She wouldnt put the dress on her that I made her so I could see her and get a picture that didnt go well. Their is alot more then that tooo.
Other then jest being busier then dirt here latley I do want to get back into the swing of things I have to. I am hopefully getting my new computer this weekend and I am going to be getting high speed internet it takes me forever on this dial up. So I will check in as I can I hope for the best. Well Better be going Iam making fresh bread and it smells like it is almost done.
Congrats to everone and Hope everyone is on plan.

miafluker 09-07-2006 02:15 PM

dont worry i havent done my exercise all week but i decided that today is a new day so i just remind myself that a bad day only last 24 hours tomorrow will be a new start
hope your day gets better

iwantnewpants 09-07-2006 02:16 PM

Hi guys!

Sara: Don't feel bad about making these postive changes.....Aqua is totally right. Your sister probably just feels bad because she realizes she should make changes too. Just be as supportive as possible.

Mia: Hey lady! I'm so happy to hear about the 2 pounds. I read this article (I'll have to see if I can find the link) that your weight does fluctuate every day and that as long as it doesn't go up by 2-3%, you need not worry about weight gain.

And Bonnie: It's good to see you! I'm sorry to hear about the plumbers being at your house and about the strife with your daughter. Hang in there....we're all here to support you!

Liz

AquaChick 09-07-2006 05:20 PM

Hello Chicks!!!! :)

Hun.e.B- Hi! :hug: Sorry to hear you are a bit under the weather today. I think allergies could be the culprit, but this time of year colds and flu are awful too. I had a runny nose for a few days but thank God that's as bad as it got.

She wouldn't let her wear Gramma's dress? Well. That's not nice! :mad: I think even if she wasn't fond of it she should have put it on her and had a picture done for you, as much as you love that baby. ((((((Hun.e.B)))))).

Mmmmm, the smell of fresh bread. :)

miafluker- I like that idea, one day is only 24 hours, tomorrow is a new day. That's cool. :)

iwantnewpants- Hey! :hug:

sapphire35 09-07-2006 06:07 PM

:smug: :smug: :smug: Howdy Ladies

Whats going on girls? Man it seems like we got some ladies that need a little cheering up and doctors in the house.:flow1: :flow1: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Bonnie: Sorry to hear about the dress situation with that beautiful little granddaughter of yours. I hope your daughter whines up getting her pictures taken in the dress and sending it to you.:) She knows how much it means to you.

Amanda: Girl you need some fire under you. :flame: :flame: :flame: Don't you dare slow your pace, you've been one of main motivators. Reading about what you do and accomplish each day. Shake It off, and lets go get those pounds.

Aqua: HELLO!!!!:wave: :wave:

Mia: You and I both need some kicking. I didn't exercise 2 days this week already. Not happy about that at all, but I'll make up for it. Congrats on the 2 pounds. :carrot:

Sara: It sounds like you need one of these girly :hug:

HELLO: Melissa :wave: :wave:

HELLO: Danielle :wave: :wave:

HELLO: Iwantnewpants :wave:

Hun.e.B 09-07-2006 07:22 PM

Alright, I dunno about you guys but I need the exercise bug to bite me in the butt!! What is it gonna take? I see a couple of us struggling with that, putting something else before our own health. Thats a habit we ALL need to break! I'm gonna set a goal for myself (a baby goal but a goal none the less) I WILL exercise 3 times before next friday. Thats it...3 times, I can do that right? And then after I reach that goal I'm going to buy myself a new shirt. New shirts make me feel good so I deserve one!

Who else is with me, who else is going to set a little goal for yourself and just do it? Dont you deserve a little reward for it to? I know I'm not alone here. 7 eensy weensy days is all we have to work on it, we'll tackle the next 7 days later. Darn it I'm gonna do this!!

Hun.e.B 09-07-2006 07:28 PM

OMG!! I just looked at our challenge thread and has anyone seen Aqua's and Liz's exercise minutes for the week!!! You girls rock!!! Liz did 150 minutes today!! Okay, if you can crank out those minutes I can surely do some too right!

Also, what happened to Kandice?

~melissa

miafluker 09-07-2006 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hun.e.B (Post 1398686)
Alright, I dunno about you guys but I need the exercise bug to bite me in the butt!! What is it gonna take? I see a couple of us struggling with that, putting something else before our own health. Thats a habit we ALL need to break! I'm gonna set a goal for myself (a baby goal but a goal none the less) I WILL exercise 3 times before next friday. Thats it...3 times, I can do that right? And then after I reach that goal I'm going to buy myself a new shirt. New shirts make me feel good so I deserve one!

Who else is with me, who else is going to set a little goal for yourself and just do it? Dont you deserve a little reward for it to? I know I'm not alone here. 7 eensy weensy days is all we have to work on it, we'll tackle the next 7 days later. Darn it I'm gonna do this!!

im with you 3days at least but would love to get in 5

Hun.e.B 09-07-2006 07:43 PM

we'll tackle 5 after we make it through 3...we can do it Mia!! Noone is gonna stop us but ourselves!! Whats that old saying...noone can stop me but me and I think I can take her? LOL!! 3 days..thats it!

~melissa

AquaChick 09-07-2006 09:08 PM

sapphire35- Hi! :hug: I hope all is well with you today! :)

Hun.e.B- I know you can do it! :hug: Once you start, it might take a bit, but eventually you will look forward to it. It starts to feel really nice.

I tread all day
I tread all night
My bottom lip I no longer bite
I hop on and move
When my fat is gone
I'll look so smoooooth...

:p

Yes, Im feeling ridiculous. You all know me by now...lol... :smoking:

I'm gonna confess something before tomorrow morning, because I think this is important for all of us to realize. You all know I have been treading. One day I did Billy Blanks too, but I thought I was gonna die the next day so I'm sitting on that for a while. Anyway, my confession is that my weight HAS NOT MOVED. :no: Why? I don't know for sure. My cycle is around the bend, but I hate to blame that, but it is possible. I have been doing WW, and it's yum, but I am seriously considering a major tweak in my diet... again. Nothing like a liguid diet or something crazy like that, but for a couple of days a week to start just going raw vegetarian and seeing if I like it and how it goes. I have been reading up on it all week (raw vegetarianism) and I think I might like it, or I should say, like it a couple of days a week. I like fresh fruits and veggies. I don't know. Maybe I'm grasping at straws again out of disappointment because of that :censored: scale. I have taken some time to think about it, and it would be healthy to do, but I only know if I can deal if I try.

What I think is important for us to know is that sometimes the scale is not friggin' gonna move no matter what you do, it ain't gonna, don't wanna, so you have to accept it. It hurts. But we can't give up when this kind of thing happens. We might need to make changes. Maybe I need to do something else. Maybe I do need to add a video or something to my regime, maybe it's a plateau? :shrug:

miafluker- Hi! :)

Amany 09-07-2006 09:35 PM

Promise to get to all the personals in the morning. Thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement.

AquaChick - Try giving it another week before you make any decisions. Ride that out first and see how it goes. There are times when the scale won't budge and then, all of a sudden, WHOOOOSH!!

You're doing all the right things, so try being patient with yourself a bit. Changing your exercise won't hurt if you're no longer challenged. But if you are just continue.

Ok. Good night everyone. I want you all to know that I did indeed exercise this evening. :D I'm going to stick with it. I guess it just all seems so overwhelming at times.

Night! :grouphug:

AquaChick 09-07-2006 09:37 PM

Good night Amany. :hug: Thanks for the words of encouragement. :)

Sugar-N-Spice 09-07-2006 09:58 PM

Aqua, I sure hear you loud & clear in regards to the scale. If the numbers aren't moving for you, for sure your measurements are changing! I think you're definitely shrinking (remember the pinks pants?!) but building up some nice healthy muscles. If it were me (and clearly, I am not you.... :D ) I would maybe change up the exercise a couple days a week before I changed anymore eating habits. You seem to be doing so well with the WW...are you getting in enough calories??? That could be a big culprit too. Also, one week without a change on the scale doesn't necessarily mean you've plateau'd per se..I would ride it out a little bit. IMO you wouldn't be hurting yourself any. I know you will choose the right thing to do no matter what, just be careful. :hug:

Melissa, you can definitely do 3 days! 3 measley days, you deserve to do this for yourself at the very least. You are preachin to the choir sister about the exercise..I am the queen of procrastination when it comes to the workouts, and you know how much I hate that! If *I* can do it 5 days this week, then you certainly can do 3. :carrot: I hope you had a good day off and ended up feeling alot better. It seems like the sicky is going around, no?

Sara, I'm sorry to hear about your sister being so upset. Just try and be there for support, and just think that you are inspiring her to take care of her own health too. Be strong, you can do this! So now you've got 2 walking buddies!!! :cb:

Liz & Trish, I hope you ladies had terrific days today! :)

Amanda, I am happy to hear that you worked out tonight. You have been one of my biggest motivators here, and please believe me that you have inspired me to get off my butt and just do it. If you can get yourself out of bed at the buttcrack of dawn to workout & then go to work all day, then I can certainly do it at 9am after I get my kids off to school! I think we all get to a point where we all get overwhelmed by looking at the amount of weight we've got to lose and think, "will I ever get there"? I know you can do this, you're too damn important to not see this through. We are all here for you lady, so don't think for a minute that you're alone in this. I hope you wake up tomorrow full of energy and get back to feeling like your old self. :hug:

Bonnie, I am so bummed about the dress thing that happened with your grandbaby and her mama. What the heck? She couldn't indulge you even for just 1 picture?? I find that to be simply just rude rude rude! I hope the stuff with your son gets better soon so you can find some peace. Hurry up chicky, we're waiting for you on the wagon, all ya gotta do is jump on!!! :) Getting back to a normal routine of good eating and exercise will do wonders for how you're feeling, I just know it!

Mia, great job getting rid of the extra 2lbs. I am trying to lose the 2 I seem to have found this week as well. I hope tomorrow's weigh in gives me the answers I want. I know you will get those workouts in!! You need your bank to keep growing and growing!!!

Where in the world did Kandice go?????????????? Yoo hoo!!! Sweetie if you're out there, we'd love to hear from you lady! :wave: We miss you!

I am feeling loads & loads & loads better this evening. A day of doing absolutely nothing but watching the tube and reading my book. I just finished about 15 min. on the exerball and some weights. Tomorrow I should be ready to rock n roll just in time for weigh in and measurments!

P.S. Aqua & Liz, you guys are kicking some serious butt with the exercise! Holy cow, that is truly inspiring!!!!! And here I think I've done some good time by doing 50! lol Keep up the great work girls, you're awesome!!!!