3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Winning Losers- Week of 9/3/06 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/92956-winning-losers-week-9-3-06-a.html)

Butterfly50 09-05-2006 10:24 AM

Good Morning Ladies, The Bad news first I gained 3 pounds Over the last week the company is finally gone I loved having the granddaughter here but I can tell you I am glad to be getting back my house. Woke up this morning and Got back on plan and So I am jest going to chalk it up to life and move on .
Had a house full yesturday and last night one of the Bigger kids went threw the yard and caught the water Spiket on busted it we had to shut the water off and we had to temperaly get it fixed. Was on the main line into the house.
I want to Thank everyone for the support the other day I am still ticked off now the Boy has no money and wanting us to lend him some. I dont understand kids any more.
I have to be going I have so much to get done now my house is empty. Will check in later.

miafluker 09-05-2006 11:14 AM

aqua congrats that is an accomplishment
butterfly dont worry i think i gained some weight back also but at least i know i can lose some lbs i just got to keep it off i was invited to a cookout at my moms so many distractions not many people cater to the people that are trying to find a healthier alternative.
i decided i am going to have to stop using the word diet and start thinking of this as a start to new me a healthier way of living the word diet just makes me feel like its a burden
is it me or is anyone else tired of the media portraying overweight people as people that eat all nasty and cant controll theirselves?
such as on flavor the way like that was eating i wouldnt think she really eats like that and if she did i wouldnt think she would do it when she knows she is on tv, alot of us have alot of reasons why we gained weight such as me i have children and i am an emotional eater i also go long periods with not eating so when i do eat i often eat the wrong thing also i have a hard time motivationg myself to workout everyone around me is in good shape but i dont slurp or smack when i eat or drink out of jugs
i really wish society would change the views the have on the full figured not only for me but for my daughters
thank god for my hubby who loves my size

sorry for the rant i was irritated for a sec. im all better now:carrot:

sapphire35 09-05-2006 11:25 AM

:wave: :wave: GOOD MORNING LADIES

I have been following along all weekend but haven't gotten a chance to post since Saturday.

Amanda: OH My god, I go to mom's yesterday and she had made, ribs, potatoe salad, 2 different pasta salads, green beans, dressing, baked beans, salad with romaine noodles and almonds, cheesecake, pound cake, 3 sweet potatoe pies, cheerie cobbler, and homemade banana pudding. I made the collard greens. I thought I was gonna die. But you know what I wasn't even phased by all the fun. It looked good but I kept thinking about the weight challenge. :jig: My mom had cut up watermelon for me for my dessert, I thought that was thoughtful. Now I say all this to say that you did a fabulous job resisting temptation on all that food. :carrot: And your reward is a smaller pants size, Yeah, Yeah.

Aqua; Congrats lady on the old pants not fitting, why to go! Thats what I'm talking about, show all these clothes whose Boss.:carrot:
You guys got me watching Flavor of Flav. :D Like dat needed to go after she was eating like a wild animal at the table. That was just disgusting, she made me sick. And the whole pool thing was just off the chain. But whats up with the girl with the fake rump? :?: Next week is going to be great with girly, girly, coming back.

Butterfly; Don't worry about those 3 pounds, there just trying to get you upset don't let them.

I got to go right now, but I'll be back.

iwantnewpants 09-05-2006 11:41 AM

Hello Love Bugs!

It sounds like everyone had a very nice holiday weekend! I personally spent the bulk of it vegging out and it was WONDERFUL. I wasn't particularly careful with the food, but I didn't overdo it either. So that makes me happy. I wasn't able to walk at all this weekend.....I have a bum hip flexor. I think the rest did me well though and I plan to resume my training today.

I was so relieved when I finally found the new thread this morning. At first, I thought no one had started it and that the group was disbanding. I was very blue. But, I was wrong! Hooray! I should've known better anyway.

Glad to see that there are a number of Flavor of Love fans out there! I LOVE that show! I haven't seen this week's episode yet. I DVR'd it and haven't had a chance to watch. But, it sounds like it was SO good. That show makes me laugh so hard.

Alright, I must get back to work.....but I wanted to check in! Congrats to Amanda and Aqua on their non-scale victories! Way to go ladies! Bonnie, your step-son sounds like a bonehead and you shouldn't feel bad about being angry. You have every right to be angry. I'm glad everyone is out of your house and you can get back in your routine.

I'm going to post my stats tomorrow for the challenge! I couldn't find a tape measure this weekend, so I'm going to buy one this afternoon!

Liz :carrot:

n2luvnlife 09-05-2006 11:46 AM

Bad Weekend

I missed you guys over the loooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg weekend. I wished I had a blackberry then I could have posted while I was away. It was great seeing family, but this one is arguing with that one and this one won't come because that one is coming. Shoo wee.

Anyway, I found out one of my cousin's husband cheated on her a couple years ago, I had no idea and when I see him again, I don't think I can look at him the same. I know it is none of my business and I shouldn't judge people, but it really, really upset me. Maybe by the time I see them - I will be over it.

I didn't exercise all weekend. :mad: I didn't stick to my life style change either. I ate too much ( there was too much bad food at my cousins house) and drank too much! Felt really bad yesterday when I woke up and wanted to hide from the rest of the world yesterday. :?:

You ladies motivate me so much and keep me up, please get me out of my rut. I think TTOM is coming and I just feel really PMS right now. I am hoping that is all it is. Today is a new day and I am starting fresh. ;)

:hug: :hug: I will do personals when I get home tonight after work. I hope everyone has a great day and stay OP!

love and hugs,

AquaChick 09-05-2006 12:16 PM

Sugar-N-Spice- It sure is hard to get out of a warm snuggly bed! I get like that when it starts getting really cold outside. Especial if it's cold and rainy, or cold and snowy. Of course, I did do my tread. :D Something creative with pink sweatpants...lol... okay, how about a sock puppet that is supposed to be blubber. I can set her on my kitchen counter and have an argument with her if I'm going to eat a cookie or not.... lol... (I'm joking) ;)

Amany- I'm so glad you decided to take care of yourself. You have a lot of genetic predispositions stacked up against you (the diabetes, obesity) I'm so proud of you for saying "no more", and doing something about that.

Sounds like you are going to be needing some new pants!!! Oh, my gosh, that is such an awesome feeling. Pants sagging gives me more of a rush than a smaller number on the scale.

We love Christmas too, but we bust it all out the day after Thanksgiving. My husband does almost all the decorations, he is like you, he loves Christmas, but he feels sad if Thanksgiving is ignored so he contains himself until exactly the day after. But at that point it's on. Christmas music is on 24/7. Even in the car. :)

sapphire35- Awww, that was so nice of your Mom to cut up watermelon for you. I saw my Dad yeasterday and he wanted to take us out for hot dogs. He didn't even notice I've lost weight! I just told him I have given up those kinds of foods. Temptation lurks baaaaaaaddddddd when family is around. Food + Family = comfy love We just have to hone in on the family part and let the food alone. It's so hard, but we can do it! I did, I showed those ugly pink bunny sweats "what time it is" (they didn't know). It's time for new pants!!! :carrot:

Butterfly50- Hi! Don't worry about the three pounds. You will get back in your groove. This is hard any time, but it is harder when family is in town.

Oh, man. Well I hope the situation with the money and all that will be resolved soon and you can have some peace in your life from that situation.

miafluker- You're right sweetie. We have to adopt a new way of life. It takes a long time, it can't happen over night. We keep trying until it becomes second nature.

And yes, I do feel sad at how overweight people are portayed. I am sick of it. Sometimes when I read some of the comments some of these women here have gotten in conjunction with what I have experienced myself it just makes me ill. I am a soul with feelings. The body just go along with it. Unfortunately too many people do not see overweight people that way.

iwantnewpants- Hi! Disbanding, :nono: NEVER!!! This group will be here, and stay here even if it means I have to post messages to myself on a daily basis... :lol: I think we all watch F.O.L. How can you not :shrug: , it's so entertaining...

Take care hon, I hope you have a great day!!!

AquaChick 09-05-2006 12:22 PM

n2luvnlife- I almost missed ya there sweet thang!!!! :)

It's okay hon. Just start again. Sounds like you had a rough weekend. I am the same exact way about cheaters, I could never cheat on my husband ever. :( I would feel so dirty. If he did it to me, I would be crushed. Ouch. Did your cousin forgive him? If so, you gotta let it go too- but you sure don't ever have to look at him the same. I don't think it's humanly possible. Family fights... gotta love 'em. (riiiiiigghhtttt.....) I dont see my family much, but I do need to go see my sister. Her son died a couple of months ago and I asked my Dad if she's making it, and he said not real well. :( I feel so bad. I don't know what to do for her, there is nothing I can ever do to make her feel whole again and it just makes me feel so horrible inside.

Anyway, take care, we are here for YOU!!!!!

lovethatsara 09-05-2006 12:40 PM

Mel - yeah it was really sad what happened to the crocidile hunter. I really thought he was very funny when he was alive. It's sad to see he's gone.

Aqua - I have that song from Gwen. I never really paid too much attention to the lyrics expect for the bannanas part.. I never understood it.

Bonnie - Sorry you had such a bad day. Keep your head up girl. You will do better :)

luvnlife - Chalk up the weekend as being bad and lets move forward! Start today fresh and you will be fine. Take 2 cups of this :dust: 1 cup of determination and remember we are all here for you.

Amany 09-05-2006 12:44 PM

Hey ladies. I have great news!

1. I tried my Cardio Shimmy bellydance video today and was able to complete it. I had to stop once or twice because it's quite the challenge. 2 months ago I couldn't do it at all though. I couldn't keep up with the hops or the lunges. Now I can. :D I think I have some videos I'm gonna hang tight with for the next month. They are the first ones to challenge me in a long while. Donna Richardson's 30 Days to Firmer Arms and Abs, Cardio Shimmy, Fighting Fit, Fighting Fat and Pilates for Abs. They're all a tad bit hard for me, which is good.

My other news is that.....

WE HAVE A NEW JEEP!!!!!

Our third vehicle had just died. Since our cars are older (one 93 and a 94) we need to always have a back up. Last week my job put two 2000 Jeep Cherokees, a 1996 Concord and a 1997 Lumina Van up for auction. We bid on both Jeeps and the Lumina, having first, second and third choices. We got our first choice! I found out today when my boss emailed me.
It's such a relief because my job has all the maintenence history and was the first owner. The best part of all of it is we got the Jeep for less than a 1/3 of its actual value. Even the comparable Jeeps on Ebay were going for two and a half to three times as much.

WooHoo!! I'm so, so happy!!! :cb:

Ok. I have to go now. We have to get the insurance and plate taken care of then my husband is taking me out on a date. He's got these days off with me, so we're sorta joined at the hip.

Promise to get to personals this afternoon or evening. BBL!!

AquaChick 09-05-2006 12:47 PM

lovethatsara- Hey! I pay wayyyy to much attention to stuff like that... :dizzy: lol...

I hope all is well with you today! :hug:

Amany- YAY!!!! It fees good to complete a video. :)

I'm so happy for you! I love Jeeps. I hope you have a great day hon! :)

brat_61886 09-05-2006 01:43 PM

Hey ladies,
i'm doing a lil better. Its really hard since one of my reasons for going to australia was to volunteer at the Zoo. I"m still going to but now i get to tell his family, what he has done for me.
Anyways enough sad stuff. i'm going to try to get back on. its so hard having to go back and forth. I have a family reunion this coming weekend and i dont know if i'm going to go or not. I'm thinking no, but i might get guilted into it by my grandparents lol.

Bonnie- i know how hard it is to do things when you got kids around. My cousin brought 2 of her 3 kids out for the day and to be honest with the 2 yr old, i dont know how anything gets done.

n2luvnlife- family functions always set me back. honestly Oprah said she allows herself 4 occasions a year to splurge on eating and i have to agree with her. you wont always be on all year long ya know? you'll get back to it and back on track in no time!!!!

Amanda- thats awesome about the Jeep!! i always wanted one but i didnt get to pick out my first car. and congrats on completing the video...i want to take belly dancing classes. did you see the MTV VMAs?? Shakira can really shake it and id love to do the same!

omg i just realized the time i have class...ill finish these tonight...later ladies

Sugar-N-Spice 09-05-2006 06:05 PM

I think my feet have shrunk

Okay, so I've been running around all day today and I got the worst blister on my pinky toe. I couldn't figure out what the heck was wrong with my sandals when I realized that all my feet have done is slide around all day long. My shoes are now huge! In the past few months I did experience some slight swelling on my tootsies, I chalked it up to lack of water. Guess now my feet are either really shrinking or I finally lost all that bloat. Gotta love exercise!!!!!! Either way, guess it's a good thing, huh? :D Except now I got an owee! :cry:

Amanda, congrat's on the new set of wheels. New cars are so much fun, aren't they? I'm still not used to mine yet, but I love it. Glad you are enjoying time with dh this week. No such luck over here today, he works a 14hr day and won't be home close to 9pm. Yesterday (his day off) he ended up working a 9hr shift. :rolleyes:

Aqua, uhhhh step away from the lil pink sweats darlin! The day you start having an argument with your pants is when its time to bring out the men in the little white coats. ;) Do you have an arche enemy that you would love to see them go to? Maybe she needs 'em? heehee :devil:

I found Leslie Sansone's pilates dvd today at WallyWorld. I always get into trouble when I go there alone without dh. I had just mentioned to him last night that I wanted to order it and there it was, waiting for me. And for 10 bucks I couldn't resist. I also saw some Billy Blanks stuff that looked really good. He still scares me tho! I also saw Jillian Michaels kickboxing dvd, looks good. However, I think I'm gonna concentrate on some core strength this week, lord knows I need it, I'm such a weakling. :workout:

Amany 09-05-2006 09:59 PM

Food can make you crazy. Don't believe me? Follow this link and listen to this phone call :lol3:
http://stupid-people-videos.blogspot...rger-king.html

Hello Ladies.

I saw Snakes on a Plane tonight. :rolleyes: I have no other comment. But I do love Sam Jackson. :)

Bonnie - Don't worry about those three pounds :hug: You'll lose them in no time and be right back on track. I'm sure it will be nice to have your house to yourself again.

Mia - That's very important. A change in lifestyle is what will sustain you once you meet your goal. It will keep you from regaining the weight. Plus you will have replaced bad habits with good ones.

Sapphire - Is it Delicious that you think has a fake rump? Because I do. Everytime I watch the show I look for an Adam's Apple. :lol: Heck, Flav man is getting very close to 50. Maybe he needs his eyes checked. Otherwise he'd notice her manly features.
Aqua had a point about the fact that Flav eats nasty too. Wouldn't it have been gross to see them eating together? Yuck! And did you see that apron she had on? She went running up to his room with food on her apron.
I'm glad you had fun yesterday. That was so sweet of your mom to cut up some fruit for you.

Liz It's so good to hear from you. I'm sorry about your hip flexor and sorry you couldn't find us. :hug: We usually start a new thread on Sunday or Monday. We're just too dang chatty to keep the same one. The funny thing is that if we all met up in one place, we'd probably look at one another and have nothing to say. :lol: Glad to see another Flavor of Love fan. :)

Britt - Just save yourself some trouble and go to the reunion. Old people are very good at laying on the guilt. :lol: Pick your battles very wisely. You were defeated from the beginning on this one! :) Go ahead and indulge your grandparents. They just want to show off their favorite grandbaby. ;)

Danielle your toesies are shrinking!! :lol: I'm sorry to hear about the blister though. I'm now wearing my wedding ring on my middle finger because it slips off of my ring finger. I'm afraid to have it altered just yet though.
You know what song used to stick in my head? That song by the kittycat Dolls. "Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me..."
I'm sorry that you didn't have much time with your husband. It sounds like he's a very hard worker. He cares very much for his family. You've got a good one.
You're gonna love Leslie Sansone's Pilates. Awww... Billy Blanks is harmless. Give him a chance. ;)

Aqua - It sure does feel good to complete a video. Now that I've done that Bellydance, I have a lot of confidence in my abilities. I thought it had been almost 2 months since I tried it. Then I remembered that I tried it about a month ago. It amazes me that my body has changed that much in just a month!
Guess what? My husband bought me a new pair of running shoes tonight. He's proud of me and thought I deserved them now. I love him so much! :D

Speaking of my husband, I'd better go. We're about to watch The Contender. He's a huge boxing fan and I promised to watch it with him.

BBL!

needhelp27 09-05-2006 10:07 PM

Congrats Amanda on the new jeep!

I think I am getting the Turbo Jam tomorrow, i'm so excited.

Well, school started today! It was weird because I went to a different school for grade 10 and 11 and now I am back for grade 12 and it is weird seeing everyone again because they have changed so much. I heard that grad pictures are in November so I really have to work hard for the next couple months. I really want to lose some inches and maybe my face will be a little thinner by then too. Otherwise I will have to get a grad gown and get my pics done at wal-mart at a later date, and sometimes their pics aren't good quality. I will be sending all my relatives and friends grad pictures and I want to look slim in them. No more double chin!!!:carrot:.Anyways, I have some cool teachers and not so cool teachers but hey you can't always have everything you want.

Heather

Hun.e.B 09-05-2006 11:25 PM

HAHA Aqua!! I love your victory review!! I can totally hear the sound effects!! Congrats on an amazing milestone!!! I'm so proud of you!! Did you burn those pants? LOL! Keep up the great work! dont get me wrong I love walmart as much as the next person, obviously or I wouldnt shop there LOL...but I HATE the crowds! And why do people act so ******ed when they are there? Okay there's my rant! LOL!

Danielle...I love love LOVE that song!! I swear you cant not dance when that song is on! I'm bringin sexy back! YEAH!! LOL! I'm so proud of you with your exercise!!! When you know something needs to be done you do it! You are so amazing! I hope your tootsie toe is feeling better!

Tricia...I love Hebrew National! they are my favorite dogs. Even the reduced fat ones are great! I'm glad the mold is gone and you can get the year started!

Britt...I hope things are going better for you, I'm sorry you are having such a hard time! It truly was a tremendous loss for both man and animal kind. Keep that chin up! Life must move on! Thats how those who pass before us would want it.

Heather...welcome back!! Sounds like you are doing great! Every day better than the last, thats gotta be the goal Keep it up!! I know you can achieve those goals!! Good luck this year!!

Amanda...you are simply amazing, pure and simple...just amazing! I'm so proud of you for being so strong on your visit. Your menu was fantastic! I'm so impressed with you! I have to tell you, whenever I think of you, even though I've seen your real picture, for some reason I picture you in my head as your AV, you've got that intensity and enthusiasm...girl you already are an Ali! Your pants are falling off!!! YAY! LOL! Congrats on the new car!!!!

Bonnie...visiting time is over..time to get back on track!! Get that water going and that 3 lbs will melt right away!! You can do it!! Take back the control!

Mia...you are so right, you really do have to stop thinking of a diet, which is something you do for a short time and think of it as a lifestyle. Because no matter what "diet" you do if you dont make the lifestyle choices its not gonna matter how much you lose, it'll all come right back. Its so hard raising girls in this day and age. But they are learning at home so show them the right way to be healthy and fit!

Trish...Way to go girl!!! I'm so proud of you for making a healthy choice and going with the watermelon!! sounds like your mom is on board!!! keep those choices up!!

Liz...Welcome back!! We missed you!! I hope your hip is okay. I'm happy to hear you took the weekend and got some relaxing in! You deserve it!!! Good luck with that training!

Lori...Welcome back to you too!!! Not to worry about the weekend, its tough enough to be good on the weekend then throw a holiday in there! But right back on track today!!

Whew!! Miss a whole day and you are in trouble LOL!! I love it!! I'm sure I left out alot too! I'm very excited to go to bed tonight, my new bedding arrived today and its all washed and on the bed! I got a 4" memory foam pad and a microsuede duvet cover. OOH its going to be a cloud to sleep in tonight! And I get breakfast in bed tomorrow since its my birthday. I have to make a confession and say that I'm doing LOUSY lately! I just am not focused on me at all. I have a million excuses it all comes down to not doing the work it needs. I cant walk, its just too painful. The past few days have been **** with my leg and I'm calling for an appointment tomorrow...I promise. Today I just wanted to cry it hurt so bad. The breakfast I put on for the teachers went pretty well, they all loved it. I was in such a rush to get it all done that I literally had sweat pouring off me. Its been like that all day long. I hope that means I'm burning all these damn calories off I been eating! I need to take a moment and focus on me and realize what I'm doing to myself by not eating right.

Alright, I'm ready for bed! Sweet dreams...I know I'm gonna have em in my new bed! LOL!!
~melissa