3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Winning Losers- Week of 9/3/06 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/92956-winning-losers-week-9-3-06-a.html)

TriciaK 09-03-2006 05:22 PM

Happy Sunday!!!!

I cannot believe that is already 515 on Sunday evening... I will tell you the days do fly by....I was just thinking how much I am going to miss the BBQ. We are having BBQ chicken and grilled asparagus for dinner.... then there is basically no clean-up(BEST PART)... I don't know what I will do when I have to go back to cleaning the forman grill:mad:

Hun.e.B. -- actually I just started on Friday, but we havent been able to get into the school because they discovered that there was mold in 10 of the classrooms and the football team room. I am supposed to check the website to find out if we got a clean bill of health this weekend. So fingers are crossed. I cannot stand that my classroom is not ready to go and since I new to the school, I have been driving around with a ton of school supplies in my back seat...no fun. I could have used a bit more summer. I was in grad school Monday thru Thursday until august 4.. I think I would have been okay if this week hadn't been so miserable.

Amanda-- I too already watched the episode... and I must admit there are others I would have prefered to say adios to... I do wonder where they find some of these women...Also, you had previously mentioned bridezilla...I checked all over today for the marathon... what channel is that show on..I was dying to see it. Congrats on doing so much working out. I am hoping that I can get myself in gear once I officially start back at school.

Talk to you all soon... :carrot:

Butterfly50 09-03-2006 05:27 PM

Hello Deborah and welcome to our group. Jest a quick note that I will be back hopefully tomorrow Have not been on plan for two days so much going on here will be back in the am and ready for the plan again.

AquaChick 09-03-2006 05:40 PM

Butterfly50- Hi!!! Hope all is well today!!!

TriciaK - I love BBQ too! Got some football stuff coming up....*shaking* Gonna be reallllyyy hard to let go of the rib...lol...

Sugar-N-Spice- That's the best news I've had all day!!!! Now quick... tell some jokes!!!!

http://danworona.50megs.com/shopping_page.html

If there is anything innapprriate on this link I apologize. I read a few things and thought they were funny, but didn't read them all.

50 WAYS TO LEAVE YOUR BLUBBER (to the tune of "50 ways to leave your lover" by Paul Simon)
(THE DIETERS NATIONAL ANTHEM)

THE PROBLEM IS NOT INSIDE YOUR HEAD, SHE SAID AGAIN.
THE ANSWER IS EASY IF YOU'D ONLY JUST BEGIN.
I'D LIKE TO HELP YOU IN YOUR STRUGGLE TO BE THIN.
THERE MUST BE FIFTY WAYS TO LEAVE YOUR BLUBBER.

SHE SAID IT'S REALLY NOT MY HABIT TO INTRUDE
FURTHERMORE I HOPE MY MEANING WON'T BE LOST OR MISCONSTRUED.
SO I REPEAT MYSELF, AT THE RISK OF BEING CRUEL,
THERE MUST BE FIFTY WAYS TO LEAVE YOUR BLUBBER.
FIFTY WAYS TO LEAVE YOUR BLUBBER.

JUST EAT A LITTLE LESS, BESS; ELIMINATE THE FAT, PAT
IF YOU WANT TO BE THIN, LYNN, JUST LISTEN TO ME.

JUST HOP OFF THE COUCH, RALPH; GO FOR A BIKE, MIKE.
IF YOU WANT TO BE SMALL, PAUL, JUST LISTEN TO ME.

JUST STEP ON THAT BENCH, WENCH; FORGET ABOUT RYE, GUY.
IF YOU WANT TO BE LEAN, JEAN, JUST LISTEN TO ME.

JUST CLIMB UP A HILL, BILL; GO FOR A SKATE, KATE.
IF YOU WANT TO BE SLIM, KIM, JUST LISTEN TO ME.

Amany- Way to go on the workouts!!! Wow!!!:carrot: You are a video kinda person, huh? I can see why now, since I got myself a DVD. I LOVE Billy Blanks. He is really motivating. You better hang on woman!!! I'm steppin' up my game too! :lifter: Sapphire said this morning she coming after us too, so the friendly competition should be good. :D Are you doing the body measurement thing for September? I'm gonna go for it (that's why all the "competitive" talk ;) ). I put my ,measurements up last night, and we are using our workout minutes as a tie breaker if there is a tie.

Ack! I thought I was gonna have to cover my eyes because I didn't see F.O.L. Yet!!! lol.... I can't wait!!!! The thing I like most about Flav is that what he asks for is not complex. All he wants is someone who is honest. Basically, I see him having them do silly stuff for show, but when he talks to them he asks them a question and only wants honest and diect responses. Like, he asked Crazy at KFC if she could see herself with him, and she said she could see herself "happy". :?: And he said, "that's not what I asked you..." I notice stuff like that all the time that shows me what these chicks are about. Competition, money, and getting on TV, and possibly to meet Flav for his celebrity. I can understand that aspect because you can't really fall in love this way, but they could at least tell him the truth. They saw the show before, and if they were smart they could play that card easy if they wanted to win the compretition. Don't fight with the other girls, and talk to Flav like a buddy you trust. They try to hard to prove their "love" and it backfires... lol...

I haven't seen Bridezilla! The title reminds me of my Dad's girlfiend though... she is trying sooo hard to force him into marriage. I think she's nuts and makes my Dad unhappy, but I only say so when he's really upset with her. Can't tell a grown man what's best for him, but he'll know if he gives in and marries her. I bet she just wants someone to support her. :mad: I hate women that play head games (and men- but a lot of women are pretty bad about head games). Oh well, like I told my Dad, plenty of sweet loving angel fish in the sea. No need to get stuck with a carp. :rofl:

Amany 09-03-2006 06:32 PM

Tricia - Oh yeah. There are definitely some other ladies Flav should get rid of. Bridezillas is on the WE channel.
Don't worry. Everything will fall into place. You'll hit your stride. Work, school, exercise. Work, school, exercise. :)

Hey Bonnie. Don't worry about being off plan for right now. You're in a stressful situation. It's temporary though. Glad you got a chance to check in. See ya tomorrow chicky!

Aqua - I love your humor! It's hard not to worry about the choices family members make. I hope your dad is able to find a good woman who makes him happy.
Uh oh... If you're stepping up your game then I need to get on the ball major! I have to keep up with you. I don't even own 5 pound handweights, let alone work out with them. I was just thinking the other day that I need to get some 4 pound ones. :lol:
Yeah, videos are sort of a staple for me. I love the other stuff like skating, water aerobics (until my skin protested) and I really want to tackle those stairs and eventually the track. But with a video, I can be as versatile as I'd like and they are perfect for homebodies like me. :D
I'm not going to do the challenge. I'm going to sit it out and be a spectator. I do think it's a great idea and I'll be cheering you guys on. I think we'll see some serious fat melting and body toning over the next month.
I have Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover downloaded. Now I'm going to have to listen to it. The song is in my head now. :lol:
Let me know how you like the Billy Blanks. I only have his first workout video.

I'm off for now. BBL!!

Sugar-N-Spice 09-03-2006 08:46 PM

Good evening ladies. I hope everyone has had a great weekend so far. I did a wholel of nuthin today it seems. LOL I watched a Flip That House marathon while I folded laundry and that's about it for my day. OH, yeah I did get in about 30 min. on the bike too so I guess not all is lost. Being very laid back feels weird to me, I am usually focused on cleaning cleaning cleaning if I'm home on the weekends. Just didnt wanna this time it seems. LOL

Lori, it was great to see you, can't wait to hear what you've been up to! :wave:

Bonnie, I was sad to read about what's been happening with your family. That is really a tough situation to be in--coming from the step side of it all. I personally don't think you are being harsh or overly expectant. I think maybe a good sit down would be in order to see if maybe he can get a clue? Maybe he honestly just doesn't get it? In any case, i really hope that you don't let this stress you too much more so you can get back on track with your great exercise and eating plan. Remember hon, YOU matter too!

Tricia, hey ya chicky! I cannot believe whats going on at school!! Yowza that is some serious stuff, ain't it? Dont stress too much hon, it's not your fault that you can't do your room up right just yet. You can only do so much! Hang in there, soon enough the ball will get rollin and you'll wish you didnt have to go in at all. LOL I love love love bbq! Unfortunately living in a condo we've only got those community typa grills which I refuse to use. So. I have an indoor grill that is just awesome. I must use that thing every other day if not more, and I've been thru 3 of them. lol At least you have good ole George to keep you going thru the winter months, right? ;)

Aqua, you crack me up. Now that song has been in my head ever since I read your post a while ago. lol I guess anything is better than Justine Timberlake's song that's been etched into my brain for 2 weeks now! :dancer:

Trish, how's that exercise going lady? You & me both lady we have some catching up to do with the other girls. We'll catch 'em don't you worry. ;)

Amanda, WTG on another stellar week of exercise!!!!! Truly inspirational I tell ya. You put me to shame with all the stuff you're doing, wow. Impressive!! Yeah, the mexican food was great but today I am a hungry bear! I agree, at the holidays I make no exceptions for being "bad" with food. I learned a while back that forbidding it at holiday time only made me want it that much more so we just go for it. Works alot better! See, now you guys got me all curious, even tho I swore I wouldn't watch this season of Flav. Now I gotta watch it, i feel left out! :lol:

Deborah, you're doing amazing!!!!! Congrat's on the loss sweetie! :carrot: Jump in whenever you can, never hesitate. This is the best group of girls even if we talk alot. lol Can't wait to hear what you're up to next time!

I think I am going to attempt one of Jillian Michael's dvd's tonight. I am feeling motivated (thanks girls ;) ) to try it since it's only been sitting on my shelf for the last 3 months! Have I told you just how devistated I am that she isn't doing Biggest Loser anymore? lol Her and Bob had such a great chemistry and really brought out the best in eachother. I only hope this new "Barbie" can do her justice and make me want to keep watching.

I can't believe another day is almost over, time is flying!!!!

AquaChick 09-03-2006 09:29 PM

Amany- I think you all are a blast! Joking around lightens the mood on a tough journey. :)

I see you decided to go on ahead and play the game with us... :D I'm glad you changed your mind! I think it will be fun to see the stats week by week. I need to be doing that anyway.

I have "50 ways to leave your lover" downloaded too, in fact, I was listening to it one night with the headphones on and my husband walked by and read the title. He gave me such a funny look! :lol:

Sugar-N-Spice- My weekend has been good so far. :) Glad you're getting a chance to relax.

I've had "Hollaback Girl" stuck in my head. I always thought that song was an oxymoron. She says "I ain't no hollaback girl" but the whole dang song she hollerin' back at some chick.... :shrug: Oh well. I worry about these things too much...

lovethatsara 09-03-2006 09:43 PM

Oh my god I'm tired! I went with my Avon upline Leticia to go blanketing areas with our brochures and we walked and boy did I get a work out. We were walking uphill not sure how smart that was to do in the heat but I am glad I got an extra workout in there. I'm exhausted after that we went grocery shopping and I bought a bunch of low-cal low fat snacks. and a couple other things i wanted to try like the V8 tropical drinks. I really wanna try that so i bought it.

AquaChick 09-03-2006 11:09 PM

lovethatsara- Wow! Good walk! That's so good. Uphill, you might be sore tomorrow, but like Amany says- it's a good sore!

Amany 09-03-2006 11:51 PM

Danielle is catchin Flav Fever!! :lol: You won't believe the women they have on this time. They are really skanky. My husband said it's like they rounded up as many hood rats and strippers as they could.
Don't sell yourself short with the exercise lady. You've been doing some amazing stuff lately. You'll have a new, sleek body in no time.
I'm going to have to check out BL. Has it started yet?
Sometimes a lazy weekend is in order. The only time I've been outside since Friday was when I walked to Walgreen's earlier this evening to get a couple of gallons of Diet Arizona Iced Tea.

Aqua - Yes I joined. I was thinking about how we're a team. How can I be a part of the team and not participate with what the team does? We should all be doing it together.
I've only ever listened to the chorus of Hollaback Girl. Now, I'll have to listen to the whole dang thing. :lol: It bugs me when songs are contradictory too. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Wow Sara! - That sounded like a great walk. You go girl! Pretty soon you'll be craving exercise. If you're not already!

Well, it's time for me to say good night. I'm so sleepy. Seeya tomorrow chickies!!!

AquaChick 09-04-2006 06:12 AM

:coffee: Good Morning Ladies!!!!:sunny:

Amany- That is so cool that this is why you decided to do the measurement thing. I think it will be good for all of us. Whoever thought of measuring ourselves, that was a good idea. A lot of times we get all mad at the scale, but our bodies are changing so we don't take into account how much we are shrinking. Density isn't the only way to measure our success.

I'm about to tread!!!! Yes, it's 5:07 A.M. Central time!!!! :carrot: :woops:

Yeah, Hollaback girl....

http://www.lyricsdomain.com/7/gwen_s...back_girl.html

Uh huh, this is my ____
All the girls stomp your feet like this

A few times I've been around that track
So it's not just gonna to happen like that
Because I ain't no hollaback girl
I ain't no hollaback girl

Ooooh ooh, this my _____, this my ____

I heard that you were talking ____
And you didn't think that I would hear it
People hear you talking like that, getting everybody fired up
So I'm ready to attack, gonna lead the pack
Gonna get a touchdown, gonna take you out
That's right, put your pom-poms downs, getting everybody fired up

Ooooh ooh, this my ____, this my ___

So that's right dude, meet me at the bleachers
No principals,no student-teachers
Both of us want to be the winner, but there can only be one
So I'm gonna fight, gonna give it my all
Gonna make you fall, gonna sock it to you
That's right I'm the last one standing, another one bites the dust

Ooooh ooh, this my ____, this my ____

Let me hear you say this ____ is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
(This ____ is bananas)
(B-A-N-A-N-A-S)

Ooooh ooh, this my ____, this my ____

Hmmm, sounds like she's saying she's gonna do a lot of stuff (Am I wrong or is that not hollerin' back?) Just whip her butt and get it over with Gwen. Less talk more action.... lol....

miafluker 09-04-2006 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hun.e.B (Post 1393581)
Good Afternoon! I got almost all of the shopping done for the PTA teachers breakfast, costco is closed tomorrow so had to do it today. Which is okay gives me all day tomorrow to cut up all that fruit. i couldnt believe how expensive oranges were!!

Aqua...I agree with you, in my opinion to find a mate there has to first be an attraction, I'm not saying that you cant be attracted to his energy or his personality but for the long haul..cmon! Ha...golddigg..er girls! You crack me up! How many calories does laughing burn?

Mia...I think the deal with not eating when you are hungry is to learn to listen to your body. Your body will tell you when its time to eat. And with alot of supplements people are looking for something to help them to never eat. Well your body needs fuel. You'll do nothing but burn your lean muscle tissue and retain all the fat you can if you dont eat at all. I'm a big believer that if you arent hungry why eat...I wish I practiced that more often. But at the same time you do gotta make sure you are eating something. And also, if you wait until you are HUNGRY then you run the risk of overeating. You just gotta find the right balance. I tried phentermine years ago and it didnt work for me. But I was on another medication at the same time that most likely counteracted it. I had a friend who lost about 30 lbs with phentermine. So did that confuse you some more? LOL!

Danielle...you ate your birthday dinner...there is no guilt in that!! I'm glad you enjoyed it!! Today is a new day, onward and downward!!

Alright, I'm off to the nursury to find a nice little plant for 12 new teachers at our school and then off to find 400 ice cream cones for the PTA ice cream social...oh and did I mention I've got homework coming out my ears?! LOL!! have a lovely afternoon!

~melissa

thanks that makes since i was feeling the every 3 to 4 hour thing is kinda of crazy especially if your not hungry

Hun.e.B 09-04-2006 11:40 AM

Good Monday Morning everyone! Busy day for us here, tomorrow is my girls' first day back to school and my debut as PTA president. We've got loads to do today and we'd like to take a dip in the lake too but not sure if we'll go since its so smokey today.

Did everyone see that the croc hunter was killed? Very sad, we loved him here. I guess when you flirt with danger sooner or later its gonna catch up to you. Kinda like us and our extra weight. Just something to think about!

Okay I'm getting yelled at, gotta get going to haircuts!! Have a great day everyone I'll be back to check on you later today!! Happy Labor Day!

~melissa

miafluker 09-04-2006 11:47 AM

thats sad melissa

hey did anyone catch flavor of love last night it was messed up he let its like that go she probably would have been the one to treat him the best.. i did admire her confidence though was i the only one excited and clapping when the special guest turned out to be new york? this should be funny

AquaChick 09-04-2006 12:42 PM

Hun.e.B- Yeah, I saw that Croc Hunter was killed. I feel so bad for his family, but I'm certain he knew he might go out like that one day. When you flirt with disaster enough it is bound to catch up to you. I hope it was quick and painless. The babrb on the stingray went through his heart, so it was probably very quick.
:(

Good luck with all the P.T.A. doings. You seem like a very loving and involved parent. :) I respect that so much!

miafluker- Hi! :hug: I wasn't too crazy about Like That. She busted Buckwild for being fake (which she probably is), but I wasn't impressed with Like That jumping in the pool with her clothes on and stuff. She seemed to be trying awfully hard (aka being fake) to get the attention of Flav's friends. She also made Buckwild cry, so she felt bad and was trying to mother her- but then when the camera and her were alone she was telling a tale of sticking to her guns about disliking Buckwilds fakeness. What I did find upsetting though on Like That's behalf was Flav laughing about her size, and the size of her lingerie behind her back. She was there to do the same thing as the other girls and she just wanted her time with Flav- which she was hurt she wasn't getting. I'm glad he said he didn't want to lead her on, but when she saw that episode it probably truly hurt her feelings.

Aaaaaammmmmaaaaaaannnnnyyyyyyy!!!!!!! Are you okay today? I hope so!!

Amany 09-04-2006 01:33 PM

Hi Ma'Ladies.

Aqua - Hey there. We've been running around all day and we just finished eating. Our wagon had a flat, so we had to go out and find some place that was open get a new tire. Then we ended up getting two.
After that we went to Kmart to pick up a "few things". Now we're about $130 lighter. :lol: That's always the way, isn't it? I made us some salads when we got back. I have to say that I'm proud of my husband for making some adjustments in his eating habits as well. But I'm also jealous. He's made half-hearted efforts, drinks a little less beer and does about 20 - 30 minutes of shadow boxing in the mornings. But he's lost 22 pounds in the past five weeks! Damn man! :mad: It's always easier for them isn't it?
Like That on Flavor of Love bothered me. Yeah, Buckwild might be fake, but all she had to do was avoid her if she didn't like her. It's like she made busting Buckwild her pet project. Why? Plus I can't stand those annoying "pseudo-deep" people. I also thought she was really desperate. Like jumping in the pool to get attention and then showing her lingerie to Flav so he could see what she had for him. :rolleyes: Goodness gracious, did you see the way she was eating and drinking out of that milk jug?! Yuck! That was gross. I'd love to see Nibbles and that argumentative one leave. I think her name is Boots. These women are so trashy!
BTW, what dedication you have! Treading at 5 in the morning! You really want this bad, and I'm glad you're going to have it. I know you are.

Mia - You're probably right. I didn't care for Like That, but she probably would have treated him better than those other ladies. Just like NY or Goldie from last season would have treated him better. I just loved, loved, loved Goldie!
BTW, I was glad to see NY walk in too.

Melissa - Good grief woman! I wish I had your kind of energy. I'm sure you're one of those super organized people. All I have is my husband and there are times that I wonder, with all the attention he needs, if we should even have children! :lol: Let alone PTA and school! You're downright admirable!

Well, I need to straighten up a bit before we go to my parents'. Being with my family is always tricky. I'll either have a very good time or a very bad one. We'll see...

Have a great day ladies. BBL