Old 03-31-2006, 06:25 PM   #121  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

JUST WANTED TO SAY A FAST HELLO. LOTS OF PROBLEMS WITH THE SENIORS. 4 WENT TO THE HOSPITAL ALREADY TODAY. NOT A GOOD START FOR THE WEEKEND. I HAVE JOBS FOR TOMORROW AND CAN CERTAINLY USE THE EXTRA CASH. I MIGHT POST ON SUNDAY IF THE MOVERS LEAVE EARLY. 2 PEOPLE MOVING IN.. MONDAY IS MALL DAY......MAYBE TUESDAY AFTER FOOD SHOPPING????
I ACTUALLY WENT FOR MY FIRST RIDE OF THE sPRING SEASON AND HOW GOOD IT FELT TO HAVE THE WIND IN MY HAIR. BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES JUST TO FEEL THAT FREE!!! GOOD THING I HAD MY SUNGLASSES ON. NOTHING MORE PATHETIC THAN A WOMAN RIDING IN A CHAIR CRYING!!!
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND
<-----FOR ALL THE CHICKS!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 08:23 AM   #122  

Good Morning, good morning!!!!
Hubby and I are planning how to get the kids. I was going to tell them to hustle and get ready for school and not miss the bus.

We had a fab first thunder storm of the season last night. A real crasher. I was all cozied up in bed reading. Delightful.
No specific plans today. yippee!!! Lots I can do. Going back to the garage and see if I can wrangle a trade. They were getting wishy washy on me.
-housework
-tax stuff
-Avon brochure and order delivery
-a nice soak in the tub

We may go and get our new pets today.

Dont forget to care of you Mel!

HUGS!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 05:19 PM   #123  

I am hungry and tired. meat pies in the oven. Going to make a salad to go with.

We have new rodents. A dear guinea pig named Goldie.( A goldish teddy bear with a white nose) and Bozo the gerbil. All are adjusting well. Rainbow (6 month old cat) is thrilled with the gerbil snack we bought her. Yikes!!!

Time to build a salad.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:01 PM   #124  
Radiate self!

Happy April Everyone!

New month, new resolve to make less of myself

Been out digging in the garden the last few days. Surprisingly not stiff. I'm in better shape than I thought
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:07 PM   #125  

Glad I read through at least a couple of days' posts. You are gabby. Hi, to Suzi in Auz.... I think I was before your time. My best HS friend is in Auz and I called her Suz, but you are too young to be her!!
DH says he loves me no matter what, but good grief... I gained LOTS since last year and all the cancer stuff. Apparently I just stuffed the feelings of fear, panic, mortality and whatever else was going on... and not just the feelings... I was stuffing them down WITH stuff... (mostly processed, mostly refined, etc... YOU know!) And DH had the NERVE (and/or courage) to say that he was worried about my weight. That is the NICEST intervention I've had in my 55 years... which is somehow why I am in SO much pain. There is no way to ignore what I. have. done. to. myself.
Well... you know. So I am drowning in raspberry flavored green tea for now. Hockey will be on in 30 minutes... and i've promised myself to go to bed after. DIRECTLY. NO late night kitchen raiding.

Madcat... I hope your jitters have calmed down. I agree with those who said comfortable shoes were important. If you want, I will personally knit you some lacy white socks and you can go shoeless altogether!!

Marriage is a huge transition.. mentally if not logistically... and I don't think it really has that much to do with the guy.. even though I know yours is peachy. It is the shift from single to partner... possibly the shift from individual to parent... and in ANY culture those are big deals... so pay attention, think, write, draw (etc etc) and make the transition however it makes sense to you.

CeeJay... thanks for the Howdys!! Hope the posting is improved.

Shad-- isn't it great to have some residual genetic talent to spring on people? Like lawn bowling. Even in my elephantine state I can beat MOST people at ping pong... even young whipper snappers. I love it when they underestimate me. heh heh hehe.

This is plenty... I'm going to change my avatar. If I can't change my size.....
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:37 PM   #126  
Suzi in Auz

Hi to you Painter Woman. i see you little light aglow.
I think you are amzing what you have been through and survived the other side of, yes it leaves us with issues , perhaps now is the time to "deal" to the body. Don't be too hard on yourself. I really think you are amzing. I love the sentiment from your hubby...he's a keeper and obviously loves you dearly. I hope you can work through this together but ....baby steps. Just one day at a time. You have so much to offer and give, as we all do.

My weekend is here and I have decided to retreat for a bit into computer land. i love this little time for me to be able to catch up with new friends and listen to the lives of those around the world. I do feel so privileged sometimes to have that glimpse.
Mel you trip in the fresh air sounded perfect. It is so nice to blow those cobwebs away for a bit. I can totally understand the flood of tears. I am the same these days, the kids laugh at me, can't help it they just flow, happy, sad or indifferent. It's really annoying.... .
Fall has arrived here with summertime just finishing, we got that extra hour sleep. I always find I'm a little muddled for the first few days. Yesterday was positively freezing!!! 20 C, really not that cold but after all this humidity it felt like a winter chill, today has a little bite in the air but it's more like spring weather with a beautifully clear, crisp sky.
It makes you glad to be alive!
I seemed to have resolved all the problems with the computer, it really was quite messy with DS thinking he knows so much about downloads and such. he was still trying to convince me this morning that it was ok and I have told him clearly NO. He has his games and gaming things and that will do.
So, he went to the store today, took money out of HIS bank and purchased himself a new game. I think he felt quite proud of himself, he managed the train on his own and really felt quite independent. I am still getting used to this stage of their lives.
With the weather changes it's so nice to take time out in the weekend and think of simpler things to fill the weekend with. Sometimes it's easy to gadder bat around and actually not enjoy the weekend but it's nice just to have everyone happy and enjoy the home.
DH and I went our yesterday and made a couple of purcheases. We bought something which I am so pleased with, its a steam mop! Ive had one in the past and used it, it was better than manual mopping but still a fiddle. We have shiny tiled floors in the foyer and then tiles throughout the lower level of our house. The old steam mop died and so i went looking for a better one and came across this one , it's a bissell and fantastic. You just put the water in and it makes it into steam, there is a mop head which can be washed and a button to push like an iorn for more steam. The floors have come up beautifully and I have never used something that I was SO impressed with.
The other purchase was like an organiser for our soaps and wot knots in the bathroom, it now looks all tidy and lovely. . Little changes can make a big difference.
I'm a happy camper, it's still beautiful ourside and i need to change out of these jeans because they are warm! We are off to a movie for the afternoon, well late afternoon, the worlds fastest indian. It looks very good.
I will give a review when I come home.
WI is tomorrow, sort of. I don't think there has been much progress, I saw a 2 lb change and then I did a silly thing and sabotaged myself to peek. i have decided I can't and must look at measurements and clothes instead as theya re a bette indication.

Must fly and get on with some stuff!
Thinking of you all Suz
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:10 AM   #127  

Mel~ I get teary the first time in the garden clearing away all the fall stuff and I see the green shoots coming thru.

Meadow~happy gardening!!!!!!!! We have frost this morning.

Suz~HI! Laughing....I find 20C as hot as I can stand it without complaining. I love organizing gizmos and new cleaning stuff. Fun!!!

Shad~ are you enjoying a day of rest??

Miss Mad~ how was the cuddle time with TB?

HI's to Ceejay, Happy and the others.

(((PW)))) ditto what Suzi said. One day at a time. Healing happens on every level, in it's own time.

The rodents survived the night.

This is my first Sunday in 3 years not as superintendent. Cool.

Have a glorious day!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2006, 12:37 PM   #128  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

That steam mop sounds interesting Suzi. I'll have to check into it.

Welcome back Painter. I like your new avatar.

Meadow, I am with you on starting afresh in a new month.

Hey back at you Holly.

Mel, that's the beauty of the first days of spring - to enjoy that fresh air and the wind in your hair. Sorry to hear about the seniors.

Shad - bummer on working on the weekend. They really are behind, aren't they? Bad enough the weekend is too short as it is, I take it this is one of those weekends you're staying "in town". Sunday will be sad...

Today is my most unfavorite day of the year. Daylight savings time and we lose an hour. I can't afford to lose an hour. I stayed up really late last night for some reason so I'm bleary eyed today and half the day is gone already. Yesterday we spent the whole day outside working on the yard. Rented a mini tiller and tilled the garden patch. It didn't work too well so we wound up hand turning the soil. Lots of clay clumps to break up. So we are feeling great this morning. **Ouch** I did get my garden plants - tomatoes are in, should be enjoying some by mid June I've also planted red and green bell peppers tho they didn't do too well last year - one last try. And I have some herbs - basil, oregano, dill, parsley and something else I can't remember at the moment. I dry the stuff and even tho it's dry, it's still so much more fragrant and tasty than the stuff you get in the bottles at the store.

We also bought lots and lots of flowers. The yard is so colorful. I love it. Brightly colored Gerber Daisies, Azaleas, primrose, dianthus, snapdragons, mini petunias, dahlias, butterfly loving zinnias, and verbena along with border accent stuff. The roses are sprouting and will be along a little later. We have a little bit of everything this year. The azaleas are coming out in patches whereas last year it seemed like they mostly bloomed at once. The dogwood tree is blooming earlier. I'll take a picture when more is filled in. I also planted a couple of containers too. And we got a good rain last night to give everything a drink. There's still so much more to do outside but I somehow have to cram getting the taxes done, doing the neighborhood newsletter, laundry, grocery shopping, returning some clothing items at the store, changing the bed clothes, mopping the floors and other assorted housework into a day that's already 1 hour short. I think I'll try and get the last things into the garden and will have to leave the flower planting to DH.

It's almost noon, better get off the chair and get in gear. But first 4 aspirin because every part of my body is complaining... Enjoy your Sunday and if you're getting an extra hour down under - make the most of it!

Last edited by happy2bme; 04-02-2006 at 12:42 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:44 PM   #129  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Morning all,

I took an entire day off yesterday and went walking in the hills. I went to a couple of waterfalls and tramped about 10k up and down mountains. It felt good. Cleared the head, changed the thinking and I haven't actually sneezed much since. Obviously a good move. Biggest problem was I didn't have my camera - only the phone camera and I don't think it takes great pics. However I will download them to the computer next weekend and see how they go. I need a new small digital. My old one has been too many places and is no longer a surety for a good shot. particularly on zoom and DS2 was using his camera last week so I couldn't bring that with me. I could have brought the old film cameras along so I am a bit of a dope I guess. Anyway I had a great time. Saw some fairly awesome sights as well. Not a lot of interesting wildlife (unless you count a motorbike convention along the route) but I did find a couple of male Lyrebirds up close and personal. They didn't hang around long enough to get a decent photo tho'.

It's getting cold here now. I'm finding a distinct change in temperature and so will have to fish out some winter woollies next time I go home. Problem is I am spoilt in Queensland where I only put a jacket over the summer clothes and that is discarded by about 9.00am. So after work on Saturday I went shopping for some warmer clothes. Got a couple of tops but I need some shoes. I hate buying shoes. I can never seem to get what I think I want. Sometimes I think I would rather be barefoot.

Happy - too bad the tiller didn't do the job you had for it. Sometimes the smaller ones are way to underpowered to do the requirements even if you only have a small patch of stuff to dig. I've found recently it is worth going to a bigger machine to be sure of a result. Your garden sounds really lovely.

Madcat sounds a lot chirpier. Good onya mate.

Hiya Holly

Nae - nice to see you back

Painter good to see you too!

Suz - I can see the gleaming of the floors from here. Well done. Good to hear of something that actually lives up to the hype.

Meadow - thanks for bringing in April - hey what happened to March.

Mel - get back to you soon. Haven't forgotten. Date's okay I think.

Gotta go...........
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:31 PM   #130  

Happy~ the gardening sounds devine.
Shad~ what a nice day off!!!!!!!

House is very clean for a change.Well, at least by my standards, which aren't high . Kids had a good aft and eve. Hubby must of gone to bed. i thought he was out in the shed but the lights are off.

I confess to loving our little gerbil, Bozo. I could watch him for hours. Goldie is my first Guinea pig.He is pretty cuddly.

The cats have settled down a bit with the new fellas.

The Junos were great but Kalan didn't sing!!

6 kids tomorrow.

Hubby does not want the wagon. Our van is perfectly fine; just pricey for gas.

I will cut corners other ways.

That's about it. Hugs and good night.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:14 AM   #131  

Hello hello hello to all on this largely fine April morning///actually it may well be afternoon by now but I have not looked at my watch recently!!
Spring has arrived big time here in England...well my bit of it, anyway. I have lots of crocii and tulips and tet=a=tettes out ( I think I have spelt that incorrectly!} Holly can tell its spring also and she is spending large chunks of time out in the garden when the sun is shining enough...

I have thrown myself in to a new hobby at last! I have caught the bug of card making..birthday, Christmas, Congratulations and Best Wishes all done so far. I need to try and find an outlet for selling them as well as using them for friends...

I went to my neighbour's grandaughter's Christening yesterday. She looked very beautiful in all her robes and little tiny bonnet and her whitehome knitted shawl, made by her auntie...Amy behaved very well despite having a load of water thrown over her forehead!!!!

Ok, I am afraid thats it from me for today...It's Teresa's birthday tomorrow so I need to get into town and do some birthday gift shopping...it's all very well having the cards ready but you have to have the pressies to go with them. ha ha ha!!!
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:06 AM   #132  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

Another day back at work. How joyful. Of course, NOT having a job wouldn't be good either. So hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go...

Bad storms last night. We were lucky in that they went north and south of us but a few tornadoes were spawned. DH and I came out of the grocery store and there was a huge dark "wall" cloud. It was sunset and the sky was a lovely shade of deep orangegy gray - almost looked like it was on fire, with a thick ceiling of sooty dark storm clouds. On the eastern sky there were white storm clouds that looked like lady fingers stacked side to side. I don't think I've ever quite seen anything like it. We knew we were in for some serious storms. Fortunately it passed around us and all we got were a few drops of rain and a spectacular light show.

I didn't get anywhere near as much as I wanted done. I put the groceries away, made my meal list for the week, chopped up some veggies and put them into snack bags for lunches and got almost all the laundry done. A bit of housecleaning but more to do tonight. Just not enough time. It cooled off a bit and I'm going to try and get out for a walk at lunch today.

Teel it was good to hear from you again. Glad you found a hobby that you can throw your passion into.

Sounds like you had a busy weekend Holly. Sorry the wagon didn't work out.

Shad your walk sounded oh so lovely. I'm happy that you were able to get away from the office for a day. I wish you had your camera too. It sounds like you got some incredible views. Hopefully we'll luck out and get a good pic from the phone camera.

Suzi, I looked ALL over for that steam mop Alas, they don't make it anymore. I found one other brand but that was given pretty poor ratings from the opinions on the website. In fact the person said they were pitching it into the trash after one use. So enjoy yours for both of us...

Wakey, wakey Miss Mel. Time to get up and get those people crackin' in your building. Seniors dressed and fed, maintenance guys in line. All standing at attention awaiting your command.

Hellos to Meadow, Madcat and the rest of the gang. Time for me to get crackin' myself...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:25 AM   #133  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Default Happy April Back To You Meadow And To All The Chicks

SHAD IS OUT SINGING THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUSIC.
PAINTER IS SPRING CLEANING HER INNER SELF! GO PAINTER!
HAPPY IS UNHAPPILY ENSCONCED IN HER JOB WHEN SHE WOULD RATHER BE IN HER BACK YARD DIGGING IN HER GARDENS.
SUZI IS LOVING ALL HER NEW STUFF AND CLEANING HER FLOORS.
HOLLY ENJOYED HER STORM AND NOT BEING SUPERINTENDANT!!
TEEL IS BUSY BEE MAKING NEW CARDS TO BRING JOY AND HAPPINESS TO THE HEARTS OF THE BEHOLDERS.
MEADOW I DANCING OUT IN HER GARDEN AND WELCOMING SPRING IN!

MELODY IS ALL DONE WITH HER WORK IN 2+ DAYS AND WILL TAKE A MUCH NEEDED REST TODAY.
I WAS A BIT SHOCKED AT ALL THE STORMS GOING ON BETWEEN ILLINOIS AND THE GULF!! BASEBALL SIZED HAIL?!?!? SCARY STUFF.
I THINK THE OFFICE SHOULD PUT AUTOMATIC DOORS ON THE BLDG OR MAYBE REVOLVING! SO MANY AMBULANCES AND MOVING TRUCKS IN ONE WEEK I HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE. I PUT CARDS IN THE LOBBY FOR WHEN SOMEONE GOES INTO THE HOSPITAL SO WE ALL CAN SIGN IT....NEVER HAVE I HAD SO MANY AT ONE TIME AND AS FAST AS THEY GO ANOTHER ONE TAKES IT'S PLACE. UNREAL.
NOTHING NEW WITH ME. NO WEIGHT LOSS EITHER. I HAVE BEEN 98% ON THE PLAN. I SEEM TO BE FOREVER IN THE 170'S.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY. I AM GOING TO WATCH "A WEDDING DATE" WITH DERMOTT MULRONEY AND 'GRACE' FROM WILL & GRACE...FORGET HER NAME. EVERYTIME I TRY AND WATCH IT SOME BELL GOES OFF AND I MISS IT! LOL SO I WILL TURN EVERYTHING OFF AND TURN THE MOVIE ON.....
HAPPY MONDAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:38 AM   #134  
Suzi in Auz

HI Mel you are all glowing...I get so excited when i see someone on with me I am way too easily excited!!!! ahhh... I know the feeling with the weight stuff. I am doomed to stay the same, or look at Off plan food and Gain. I have vowed not to weigh all week...no easy fet for an addicted scaler....(stand away from those scales) Still you have success staying the same is a bonus!...we are vusy hey. I have been reading through all the lovely stuff. We certainly get up to mischief during our weeks. I love the ones that blog away or just breeze in and out and i LOVE the fact it comes like mail to my inbox! That is so cool...see there I go again!

Happy...hmm strange...about themop. I think the other one must have been the one i HAD, it was OK but a fiddle, I think that's why i love this one so much ...maybe it could be posted...Bissell!....very cool. How's the bench going?
The storms sound devine. I actually secretly LOVE them, i think it's the fine line of being terrified and feeling safe. I wonder if that makes sense. I do hope though there hasn't been too much damage. I know the feeling about Daylight savings. Here we have just switched back from summertime. i seem to have more time up my sleeve but am staying up far too late! I am up like a lark in the morning too. i must take advatage and start walking before sleeping becomes the favoured habit.

well i just came into peek...have wonderful days y'all...
Shad your walk in the wilderness sounds lovely. I love discovering new places...love it. The waterfalls and bush remind me of home

better get this head on a pillow :sleep: night night zzzzzzzzzz
Old 04-03-2006, 09:40 AM   #135  
Suzi in Auz

tell...didn't see you there ...hello