Old 04-03-2006, 09:40 AM   #136  
Suzi in Auz

oops teel:P
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:20 PM   #137  

im here the watre looks lovely im just not ready to come for a paddle yet be back soon
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 05:28 PM   #138  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I'll do this early before I forget or the day goes to **** in a handcart just like yesterday did. There are times when I wonder why I do this job, then there are times when I overhear something and I think well hey, I am good at this, I can help and I do help. Yesterday I was waiting to speak to the team lead when I heard over the partition one of our ladies saying " You shouldn't have to do much revision on this, Joy did it and she is not only bright and knows what she is talking about, she knows grammar and templates too" Shees, I nearly fell over my feet. Looked round the wall and saw the QA person talking to another writer. I felt 10 feet tall. Later, I was working away when I got some more work dumped on my desk and the team lead said "I know I told you not to touch MM but there is no one else I can ask. The rest will never get it done in time." My head is swelling. Someone hear ought to bring me back to earth hard job for someone.
Yesterday the sh*t literally hit the fan. There were fraying nerves and tempers and things thrown. Even I had words with one of the new guys last night. I'm over it now, unless of course he annoys me today. Time has come to put up AND shut up. Some words have been said. Life is interesting.

I'd better go and get on with harassment and physical coercion as required.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:57 PM   #139  
Radiate self!

Cool Shad! all praise is duely deserved, bask away. On the confrontation front, yikes! you sound like such a Tigress! slice them to pieces if they get in your sight line, make them feel your power
Song coming on....
"Like a tiger, ooh, ooh, ooh, like a tiger
Ooh, ooh, ooh, just to see you smile nearly drives me wild
I wanna growl wow!
I'm feelin' stronger than a grizzly bear
Soarin' like an eagle flyin' through the air"

Hey Teel-long time no hear from. Glad you are loving the spring weather, me too.

Hi Linus-peak a boo, I see you.

Hi Suzi-beware the scales, they call like sirens to you!

Shh, Mel is resting.

Holly-sorry the station wagon got the boot. How was today? Who won, you or the kids?

Happy-eek! I remember southern USA storms, was in a hurricane/thunder/lightening storm driving through Louisianna. I hope your little fledgling birds in the baker's rack faired it out alright. No power cuts? did you light candles anyway?

I'm hopping back and forth on here and probably messing up anyone who has a notification bid online here. My apologies but I can't seem to keep my thoughts straight. My newly dug garden has become a play zone for the puppy, he runs back and forth in it biting at invisible cats I think I will need to fence it off before planting. Wish me luck

Last edited by Meadow; 04-03-2006 at 09:07 PM.
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:23 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi all-

Back from the week end. and the storms.

Happy--We had egg sized hail here. But some towns north of Paragould really got hit hard. So far I haven't heard of any deaths due to the storms.

Going to call little sis iin Mo. to see what kind of damage they received if any.

Night Night.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:14 AM   #141  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Yikes Ceejay - hail the size of eggs???? Hope the Rav4 was safely parked away. The storm went on either side of us, we were very lucky. I talked to my mom yesterday - they also got bad storms up in Chicago. Not much on the rain side but terrible lightning and thunder boomers. The weather is getting crazier. Mother Nature is ticked off it seems.

Meadow, the little birdies are high on a shelf under a covered porch so they fared just fine. DH did some research, seems like we should hear the peep peep peep of little cheepers long about next week. Sounds like the new puppy keeps you on the run. on and on and on...

Yay Shad, so glad to hear that someone appreciates all the extra work and attention to detail that you do. I agree the load gets you dragging and then a few kind words and you're re-energized for the next dump. Keep the faith...

** waves to Linus in the boat ** hello chickie - at least you still have a paddle. Catch yourself a few quiet moments rocking gently in the water, then come on over for a chat.

Ok, I've come to the end of the quick posts so I'll just have to say a big howdy to all you fine ladies on the previous page.

I have to be at work early for a morning class. Didn't sleep well at all and had to get up at the ungodly hour of 5am. How DO you morning larks do it? It's going to be ReALLY hard to stay awake today. I need coffee and a shower. Catch you later...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:59 AM   #142  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Talking Tuesday is for Worldly Chicks to Shine!

HAIL WAS REPORTEDLY THE SIZE OF BASEBALLS I said on the other page.
All that destruction too. It seems all we do is pray for people around the world hit with horrible storms. Mother Nature must be telling us something.
The day of rest went fine with minimal interruptions. I am feeling a bit chilly as the temps dipped again last night so I'll go food shopping Thursday instead. all my chairs are polished and shiny. Loved The Wedding Date. Sappy but cute. Definitely not a brain teaser!!
Have a Happy Tuesday!

Shad~ LOVEly compliments and I hope the feeling lasts for awhile. You could certainly use good news!!!
Responsibility pays off! Good O for you!!

Meadow~ I could almost smell the earth on his paws!! LOL
I love to watch puppies and kittens. They get up to the funniest antics. A friend in the office brought her puppy to work...very tiny and I forget the name. Anyway, she was attacking a small toy like it was a dinosaur and going to bite her butt. Funniest thing I've seen in a long time!

Happy~ This time thing gets me every year also. I was actually thinking of you the night before when I set the clocks back. Told myself that this week, you and I were going to have to tough it out!! Just one year I would like not to have to suffer with this. Sending !!!!!!!

Suzi~ ya know it's funny cause I rarely look for the eggs lit. After all these years I still forget they are there!

Linus~

Ceejay~ rise and shine!!

MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:12 AM   #143  

Thought i posted yesterday aft. I had a visit and read, anyhow!
Go, Shad!!!

+3C/36F today so far, calling for rain/snow later, sunny at the moment!!!

I had 4 phone calls at 8am aleady! :shock:
Still not liking this time change. Was up til 1am and couldn't wake up for 6:30.

Need to eat, shower, go thru notes from last nights meeting. I am speaking on behalf of school council at the Kindergarten info night. DD had gym, DH will have to take her.

I will clean the kitchen well today and put away laundry.

HUGS!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:13 PM   #144  
Radiate self!

Ceejay-good you got back safely. How was the new mall in Jonesboro? I've heard it is mostly clothing stores. Did you buy something?

Holly-fingers crossed that you get a good response at the meeting. What are the issues for the kindergarteners? Parents are often worried about what happens at recess and lunch time regarding supervision. Will you be addressing that? You had a busy morning on the phone, who are these people who can hold a conversation that early?

Mel-I hope you set your clock "forward" or are you trying a new tactic for getting to your appointments on time? Good that your day of rest was actually restful, shocking! Did the residents all go out for the day?

Happy-I'm sorry you aren't feeling rested. Maybe you need more Lavendar in your bedroom. A little sachet in your pillow case, ahhh, a scent to build a dream on. Ah, you are going to be a birdy auntie soon. Will you put out some dryer lint or bits of other fluff close by so the new parents can pad their nest?

Wet here, little rain drops so far but it is foggy too. Chilly. No walking for puppy and me this week *so far
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:56 PM   #145  

Meadow~ you are such a dear, warm, uplifting ray of sunshine!!!

It is the Kindergarten info night for new families. I will be giving an overview of school council and answer questions.
The people calling were probably aliens!!!! some were parents, 2 were Avon calls.

I am feeling lazy today. I have cleaned the kitchen and put away DS's hockey stuff for the year!!!!!!!!!!!! and entertained and fed 3 little monkeys.

I use the Avon Lavendar Chammomile body wash and body mist every day to help keep me calm and peaceful!!! I am also quite taken with the earthy scent of the Arizona Hot Springs lotion.

How is the wee pup??? Eating your Daffodils???? Mine just poked thru the weekend.
Love to you!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 05:41 PM   #146  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Quick note: I will be back later to comment. Have one hundred and one things on the go at the moment and looking forward to going home for the weekend.

Mooz49's mother passed away last Friday apparently. She had been nursing her at home for many years. For those of you who remember Mooz - she posts on the Movin' and Losin' thread and just occasionally here.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 05:59 PM   #147  
Smackin' into a Wall

Hi guys,

Just a quick entry, I'm home early from work since I had to make the dread trip to the accountant's today. It is costing bit of money, but I think he is probably saving me 3 times what he cost me, so that's ok. Other than that, I seem to have picked up a bit of a bug and I'm having some intestinal issues. Good thing I did come home early...

I'll try to check in a bit later - once I can sit still for more than 2 minutes... Maybe I should just drag my computer into the bathroom???
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 06:12 PM   #148  
Smackin' into a Wall

And thank you, Shad, for telling us about Mooz's Mom. I remember how often she wrote about her in her journal. My thoughts are with her family.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:45 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Meadow--Yes, I bought a pair of dress pants and a top from the Alfred Dunner line of clothing. It was on sale.

Happy--I haven't checked the Rav4 to see about hail damage. I'm going to have to wash the pollen off of it first.

Madcat--Feel better soon.

The town that I mentioned last night just north of Paragould was 90% destroyed but no lives were taken. They heeded the warning of the local weather men.

I talked to my sister last night and she told me that my niece, age 15, won a state championship trophy for category in weight lifting. She lifted 100 pounds and it's all I can do to lift 16 pounds. The biggest news is that her second son is going to purchase a ring this summer for his girlfriend. We've been expecting this for almost 3 years. My plans have been made to go there for a visit Easter week end. I've been proud of these two. His girlfriend wanted to finish college before they got married. My nephew will finish in May
and she the following year.

Hope this post. I have done with errors on page at the bottom of my screen.
Hello to the rest
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:50 PM   #150  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Shad, thank you so much for letting us know about Mooz's mum, hope she is at peace at last.

I got up REALLY early today and actually got to work in time for my class and even had enough time to stop and get gasoline and get in and gulp down my yogurt. Went to the classroom and it was EMPTY. After much trudging back and forth I realized I had booked the wrong day in my calendar. Class is TOMORROW not today and I have to get up extra early (4:45 am) as we have to take the 4Runner in for a recall fix. So it's a quick check in and I'm off to bed. Hope I sleep better than last night, I was nodding off all day today. Might not get back here until late tomorrow. Carry on and be good.

Hope you feel better Madcat and Mel. I know what you mean about the pollen Ceejay - everything is a nice (not) shade of yellow dust. Looks like it rained corn meal around here. Ahhhh chooo!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote