Old 01-17-2006, 06:07 AM   #16  

Good morning all. REal quick pop in before work. Will try to get more regular, but it was a crazy last few days.

Goal 1- died a slow and painful death. Will need to re-evaluate and start over.
Goal 2 - no caffeine - going well. Still getting decaffeinated soda at this point - I guess it is a mental thing, but doing well.

Hope all is well for everyone. Have a good day.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:53 AM   #17  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Tho i have stayed on Program with my calories and exercise.. i didnt crunch my numbers in fit day or post them .. sunday or monday soooooo its back to day 1 for me:

my challenge to stay under 1300 calories and 1 hour of exercise per day
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:12 AM   #18  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Day 13 on water done.
Day 12 on food done.

Although I know that one is supposed to drink 2 litres of water per day - according to the experts anyway who don't know this body of mine - I think at the end of this challenge I will drop it back to around 1500-1800ml. Since starting this challenge I have managed to gain 2Kg which is not good. I suspect that I am hanging onto water despite the diuretic that I take every morning. Mind you I have never found it easy to lose anything in the summer over here anyway. So I guess that it will back to the drawing board at the end of the challenge. Congrats to those doing so well.

No I am not changing my ticker until official weigh in at the end of the month.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:59 AM   #19  
Exercise Queen

C(2/3) The Firm Challenge- Day 16 (counting today already)

Ok I'm going to restart my diet and water challenges, but I'm not sure if it will be today. I have jury duty, and without knowing exactly what to expect I'm hesitant to begin anything today.
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:11 AM   #20  

Hi Ladies!

Glad to see we're on a new thread! I'm doing fairly well - got my car back from the mechanic after a fender-bender and hailstorm fiasco over christmas. The trip to pick up my car, however, sparked a three-day extravaganza of cracker barrel and mcdonalds - I did reasonably well in terms of not overeating, but when I got home, far from having reached my goal of 228, I had GAINED back up to 231.5. I am keepin in mind that it is TOM and that always wreaks havoc with my body and trying not to get too discouraged, but I also know that eating out every meal for three days and just *not overeating* does not a healthy diet make. I did my best on my water challenges but had to estimate my intake - I think I made it all three days, which would put me having completed day 13 with no pause days left. If you guys think that estimated intake isn't in the spirit of my 80 oz. per day challenge, then I will start back over at day 1, but if no one objects, then I am counting those days.

EEP! I just looked at the clock and I've got to get to school! I'll check in again later!

Keep on Truckin!
Erin
chaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:57 AM   #21  
prepare for the BEST time

Gee, i thought that I had the title of "Practising Lush"? you mean there is competition?

I had a nice long weekend that including shopping for new jeans and slacks/tops. (xmas $$). it's been 11 weeks since my accident and I'm finally feeling like my old self, but still get sore at the end of the day.

I've kept up with my exercise challenge since Day 1----Now I'm at Day 6!
here are the boring details:
Sat.- 17 mins. wts./cardio----week total 38 mins. (pitiful0
Sun.--22 mins. of same
Mon.--26 mins. of same
Today---22 mins. of circuit wts. & cardio. (elliptical)

I'm soooo out of shape, these short workouts are kicking my butt, but I know it will get easier if I "sustain the effort". I took my measurements and although I've lost lbs., my thighs showed an increase of 1/2" each. I hope to make that change soon.

Hope everyone is well, thanks for the new thread!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:25 PM   #22  

Good Morning!
Day1 no beer, Day 7 exercise (I think)
I need to put more effort into exercise. I get warm when I do the step video and my heart rate goes up a bit, but I don't think its enough. Last night I floppped on the couch and watched the next 5 min (which I've never done) I think I'll try it tonight. And I'll set a little mini goal of doing the WHOLE video by the Super Bowl. Then I think I will deserve a new one. (video) It would be nice to have a second one so I'm not doing the same thing every night.

OK, I do love my beer. I am not going to have any for 3 weeks because they are high in calories and I am trying to lose weight!!!!!
And I have been feeling really bloated and FAT lately. I would paste and copy Reds quote about being sick of it and sick of being stuck etc. but I don't feel like figuring it out. Anyway, I'm not really genetically prone to being heavy, this extra weight is just lazy and sloppy. I shouldn't look like this, the only reason I do is that I have been unable to control lots of stupid urges and cravings. It's this lack of control that is really starting to bother me. It's one thing to be comfortable about one's physical appearance, it's another to be comfotable with the mentality that goes into maintaining that appearance. Does that make sense? I'm more pissed off that I got this way and that I can't seem to get it together enough to do something about it, than I am about actually being heavier than I should be.
OH!
See you all later!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:05 PM   #23  
prepare for the BEST time

Apple, for some added incentive.....add up the amount of calories you would have consumed if you WERE drinking beer....multiply by challenge days and see what you are saving.

I tried this once with wine on a weekly basis and was floored.....almost enough to stop drinking!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:15 PM   #24  

150x2x21=6300!!! Isn't it 3500 cals per pound of fat? 100 extra cals a day=10 pounds extra per year or something like that. That is impossible to apply to real life though. Unless you are incredibly anal, no one eats the same # of cals a day. Anyway, it's 300 cals a day that doesn't provide any nutrition. So I don't need it, right? I drink it mostly to relax, I should find another way to do that.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:26 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

I hear you Red about the towel, but that's just it. I want to fit in, and not feel like my towel the size of curtain...seriously. I walk to the gym and everyone is carring a small bag, mine is huge with towel, and pants, t-shirt, clean and workout bra, and fresh underware. I carry my running shoes in a speparate brown bag...as they just don't fit. No I don't want a bigger bag, this one is the right size, normal duffel. I just want to fit...yes it is the small things. I know I sound childish, but that's how I feel really
Today on the russian forum, someone wanted to discuss underware (back to that conversation of thoungs and such...), and then we got in to talking about laundry. Everyone was describing theirs and all of sudden I realized that my clothing is also 2-3 time as big as theirs hence I have to laundy just as often as they do for the entire family of 3-4!!! I don't really care about gas cost, but I'd love if I could save on that seriously. Being overweight is turning out to be twice as costly.
A. you eat too much - clearly a money overspending buying junk or too much ...or eating out where you could have had a sadwich at home. I know me. I remember how everytime we went for a trip I was happily thinking "yes, today we will be eating out"...and yes I hated overall when mom packed lunches, and we ate soggy stuff in the car...
B. you buy more clothing as you grow out of sizes.
C. And now? again I spend a lot on gym and other gym related stuff like coaches...
D. again new clothing as I lose weight...
E. more energy, bigger luggage, more expensive ticket - just to do laundry or travel comfortably. ( I do know I travel for work. I went to a vacation for thanksigivng, I brought two suitcases. But I could have used 1 large if I was smaller and fit in comfortably w/o carrying two carry-ons. )
I am not mad, I am stingy, I am just clearly seeing how someone who thought was saving on food by carring little for quality and substance pays twice. Despere....(I am a ball of negativity, aren't I?)

So far on track for food, and water. 2 more hours and off to the gym.
and then 3 dreaded loads of laundry.
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:33 PM   #26  
yey its me

S/C/G: 330/330/170

Height: 5'5

hi, I am new to the site and my friend and I both decided to do the 21 day challenge. I decided if im gunna go Im gunna go all the way: 30 minetes min of working out everyday. I feel this is a level 3 thing for me ... I CAN DO THIS carmen elctra strip tease dvd here i come!
freakybella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:34 PM   #27  
The Me I Wanna Be !

S/C/G: 212/200/180

Height: 5'2

Hi All... Hoping its ok that i jump in here... I'll introduce myself first...

I'm new to 3FC, just signed up today and have been browsing around, like what I see so far you will have to bare with me as i use a lot of internet speak and poor grammar/spelling

I am counting down the days til i can join curves and I stumbled into this thread here for the challenge, and thought it sounded like a good idea... little challenges i can do to get me started in the right direction while i count the days

So my first challenge will start tomorow (wednesday) and it is to drink at least 30oz of water a day, i'm going to give it a level one, and hope that works out for me

I have had to get back into drinking water for a long time now... last year when i was PG with my son i drank just about nothing but water, after ending up in the ER from dehydration and almost losing him because of it... well as time as gone on, i have crept back up to where i am drinking NO wateragain, and i deffinatly need to change this

Nice to meet everyone and GL with your Challenges
Tayja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:35 PM   #28  
The Me I Wanna Be !

S/C/G: 212/200/180

Height: 5'2

hey no fair... Drea posted before me

thats cause mine took too long to write out
Tayja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:37 PM   #29  
Exercise Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by redballoon

You must know that once a Pittsburgher, always a Pittsburgher, and if you are a Pittsburgher you are a loyal Steelers fan. For eternity! It's inborn. Sadly, I don't know the players or coach now. I am from the Terry Bradshaw, Iron Curtain, Lynn Swan etc. era, back in the 70s,
Red I am so distraught that you do not know the cutest quarterback on the fields and the reason I am a Steeler fan! That will just not do!

Last edited by stagemomx3; 01-17-2006 at 07:50 PM.
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:02 PM   #30  

Oh he's deffinately cute, but pretty arrogant, isn't he? Oh heck, most of them are.