Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 11:22 AM   #91  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

I know of a good friend who had a cleansing.....she said you wouldn't believe the black tar stuff that came out!!! eewwww gross but true!!
Old 01-05-2006, 06:48 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Ladies, we fell off the front page. How can this be?
Old 01-05-2006, 08:19 PM   #93  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Wow you ladies have been chatty...love it !!

I had to work late last night so didn't get a chance to jump on line and say

Petra - thank you, I did receive your message and have been looking at the site when time permits. There is lots of good information there and so far I have made it through 3 days and stayed OP.

Angel - Congrats

Dee - welcome home Unfortunately I still don't have too much free time for myself, but making the most of what little I do have

Curly - my meals on monday included a protein shake, almonds, chicken breast, cheese, pepperoni, and pork... so lots of protein for me

Well I best go get in some studying before dinner. Have a great evening and I will "see" you tomorrow.

Just finished dinner and filled out FitDay --> 1558 calories, 127 protein, 37 carbs

Last edited by Louie; 01-05-2006 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:54 PM   #94  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

1036 calories- 66 carbs (21 from an apple)
protein=82

exercise---> walk 2 miles, 30 min zelle, 45 min circuit training, 120 oz water
Old 01-05-2006, 09:17 PM   #95  

Hi Everyone!

I'm having a good day today.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

B: Zone Bar (210)
L: ½ cup eggbeater, 1 slice LF cheese, 1 slice rye w/LC cheese wedge (205)
S: 2 slices low carb bread, 2 slices LF cheese (170)
D: Morningstar Chix sandwich with 1 slice LF cheese (290)
D: Romaine salad with lite dressing (60)
S: No pudge sundae cone (110)
S: Okra, 1 slice LF cheese (70)
S: 3 slices NF cheese on low carb bread, strawberries (210)

Calories 1272

Exercise 1 hour Tae Bo

Last edited by Valerie Joy; 01-06-2006 at 01:05 AM.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:41 PM   #96  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Hey Ladies,

Oh, I did not want to go to work this morning. But I had no choice. What a day. Inventory day. Actually it went well. I got a lot of prep done before I left for vacation. There was a lot of movement today. lifting, bending, twisting, climbing... all in all, a decent workout .
My diet was great in the morning, ok in the afternoon, and not real hot in the evening. That seems to happen more when I eat breakfast , but they keep saying how important it is, so I'll keep forcing it down.
More important, tomorrow I will plan a somewhat substantial snack for the hour before I get off work. I'm so famished when I walk in the door, I just attack anything fast and easy. You'll see what I mean lol.
B- Coffee/cream
B- 1/2 cup oatmael apple cinn w/cranberries
B- 1 slice cheddar
B- 1 small satsuma
L- 1 1/2 cup veg. beef soup
L- 1 Ak Mak crackers
L- 1 med satsuma
S- 1 oz bag baked potato chips
home
S- 8 Triscuit
S- 4 ch ch cookies
S- 1/2 slice cheddar
D- 4 oz buffalo burger on WW bread w/1 slice cheddar
D- 1/2 c mashed potatoes w/1-2T gravy
D- 1 c mixed veggies
S- Eskimo Pie NSA ice cream bar

There ya have it. I"m not proud of it, but Im not gonna hide from it either. Just work on making it better day by day.

Everyone have a great day! Hope you all stay op. I'm gonna go do a mile with Leslie Sansone now... ciao!!
Old 01-06-2006, 01:03 AM   #97  

Dee good job! The first step is to just be aware of what you're eating! It doesn't seem that bad to me. Do you know how many calories you had for the day? What do you think of buffalo burgers? I had one once but don't really remember it.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:20 AM   #98  
Staying in 1derland!

dee.. maybe u need to add more protein in your breakfast.. umm a protein powder shake or a boiled egg, or egg white omlet...

maybe the egg and the oatmeal in the morning.. i find if i eat a bigger breakfast it seems to fuel me up for the day..
Old 01-06-2006, 07:12 AM   #99  

Dee-what is a satsuma? Curly is right about the extra protein. It appears from studies that protein does seem to keep people feeling full longer.

Yesterday I had 1500 calories on the nose, 53 net carbs, 23 fiber, and 119 protein. Curly it is possible to keep the carbs down and get the protein in but you will likely end up with more than 1200 calories as you can see.

TLB-how are you feeling on your new PPWOL? Are you drinking plenty of water and taking some supplements? Is the scale moving yet?

Angel-congrats on your weight loss. Through the holidays and the stress of the in-laws no less. Good job.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:08 AM   #100  
Linux Lady

Talking New Year's Resolutions

Mornin' PICs

It would seem that 3FC has some server problems for a while every new year due to the influx of new people just starting diets! I think that is interesting.

I am looking into the Sonoma Diet. I am managing to lose very slowly by counting calories, but I think that I probably would do better on fewer carbs. I don't want to restrict them too far though, because I know that I would not be able to stick to it.

Got a new magazine yesterday. I think it is a hoot how all of the women's magazines manage to have a big fat dessert on the cover, plus articles on losing weight and exercising!

zoey
Old 01-06-2006, 10:26 AM   #101  
charliekay

S/C/G: 260/246/199

yippie i got on the scales today and i lost another pound,!
Old 01-06-2006, 11:12 AM   #102  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Petra - PPWOL is agreeing with me. I am sleeping well and feel great. I even notice that some congestion problems that I was having seem to be better.

I am a big water drinker so that is not a problem. Supplements..I am taking a multi-vitamin, is there something else that I should take ?

The scale has moved about 4 lbs, so happy with that as a start. I think TOM is looming so that probably isn't helping !

I am slowly making my way through the book, so if there are any pointers you can give me shoot away.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:47 PM   #103  

They highly recommend that you take potassium in the beginning because of the big water loss but after the first couple of weeks you probably won't need that anymore. They are also big on Magnesium supplements. In fact, they devote an entire chapter of the book to the benefits of adequate magnesium. You need to get the right kind though and increase your intake slowly or it will give you GI distress. I think they have a chart in the back where they go over what supplements they recommend depending on which conditions you have.

I'm on call this weekend and it is not going well. I got around 14 consults today. I won't get them all done today and I'm trying not to freak out about it. TTYL. Got to get back to work.

Zoey-the Sonoma diet gets 5 stars from me.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:01 PM   #104  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Hi Hi All My PIC's,

Congrats on the pound Gwena!!! Yayyy for you. Keep up the great work.

Val~ thanks for the encouragement. I know I need to actually figure out the calories. I've been just trying to get the WW points down LOL. I do OK, then I get to something I'm not sure how to figure out (my soup for instance), and I just stop trying to count. I really like the buffalo meats. They are quick and easy to prepare too... plus pre-weighed lol.

Curly~ I'm going to try the extra protein. I did a lot for lunch today and I do feel better tonight. I haven't attacked the cupboards yet lol. And I think I'm going to buy some of the powder we have at work too, for breakfast smoothies.... I didn't work in a breakfast in today

Petra~ Satsumas are like little tangerines. No seeds and they peel REALLY easy lol.
RE: the protein. I just read an article today in one of the flyers we have at the store about how protein makes you feel fuller longer. Clinical studies show a better weight loss in those not counting calories, but eating more protein... something like that. I was going to bring it home to post for you, but I forgot it lol... If you're interested I'll post tomorrow along with the sources of the studies.

TLB~ Way to GO!! WoooHOOOOO 4 lbs! Keep it up my fellow sister West Coaster!

Zoey~ I'll be interested if you try the Sonoma Diet. I saw it last week. BUT I'm sticking with what I'm doing for a while lol... good luck to you!!!!!

So here's my journal today, I'm going to try to list it with WW points. I'm supposed to do 28 per day.
B- coffee/creamer (2)
L- 6oz baked chicken (7) , 1oz string cheese (2)
S- 2oz bag Soy Thin Crisps (2)
~Projected for the rest of the night~
D- 1 /12 C veg beef soup (6?), 2 corn thins (1), 1 slice cheddar (3)
S- NSA Ice crm bar (3)(

Looks like 26 points if all goes well.... and I'll add some Earth Balance butter spread on the corn thins @ 3 points to bring it up This ain't easy is it... hehehehehee
Old 01-06-2006, 10:24 PM   #105  
Staying in 1derland!

i had a total of 1049 today, carbs were a bit high (81)cuz i have been craving my granny smith apples.. yikes and protein was BAD cuz i ran outta protein powder 46
as u can see i am not much of a meat eater...

geez took me 3 hrs to put some songs on my new mp3 player ... shoulda had the 6 yr old from next door come over.. im sure he could have done it in @ 10 min! lmao

woo hoo i get to work tomorrow!!! (time and a half!)
Closed Thread