Old 01-07-2006, 05:59 PM   #76  

HI there all,
I am going to chat in a min. I see that buddha just posted so maybe she will be there. I had comp[any all afternoon . Was so super great, two that i went to school with was so fun to reminise. one I hadnt seen since our 20 year reunion and the other was about 3 years so was such a great time. I really needed that.
Made a great supper and have been doing good all day. even walked early this morming cos I thought i would be too busy later.
Going to go check chat. it is 7 pm atlantic time. cya
fit4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 05:59 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm not fizzling but if I post a couple of times in a row I feel like a post hog

I think a couple of folks weighed in on Monday.

buddha belly? ... how are ya doin'?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 08:11 PM   #78  
scl

Default delayed check in

So sorry to have missed the chat -- especially when I suggested us "meeting" there! I had a pretty hefty allergic reaction and had to consume copious quantities of benadryl. Still have lots of hives. YUCK!

I support a weekly weigh in. I may have to fudge on the actual day once in a while due to travel. For example, I have to catch a 6 am flight tomorrow (4 am at our airport to get through security). Will stay in two different cities, returning next Sunday. Sometimes the hotels have scales, sometimes not -- but would rather use my own for continuity.

Did get on my treadmill today, and -- at least through Wednesday -- the hotel in City 1 has a great work out facility. The rest of the week I probably won't have access, though.
scl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:37 PM   #79  

In another thread, someone pointed this site out. Just in case the link is illegal, you can probably get there by putting "soyouwanna" in a google search.

http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/syws/...oseweight.html
Old 01-08-2006, 10:18 AM   #80  

Hi all~

Having a bad couple of days with my business, then my internet, hubby, and now my eating...

I found out specifically that I AM an emotional eater this week. Escpecially with things that are out of my control. I never really new that and it opened up my eyes, hoping that I can curb that, and also wondering how to at the same time.

For those of you that wonder what a whole box of cookies taste like - I can tell you - GUILT.

Anyway, I am hoping for a better week to come, a weigh in will be great!
I do that with a buddy from the 3fc's too, and I think it will be a good way to be accountable.
Dee2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 10:36 AM   #81  

I know what a whole box of chocolate covered cherries tastes like

Life does get in the way, doesn't it Dee? I'm not sure if this is completely healthy or not but I do find some measure of control in keeping my food and exercise under control. It kinda makes up for life pushing me this way and that. At least I have control over something.

I had a good productive day yesterday but not much of a calorie deficit. I find myself scrimping on the dreaded cardio yuck ptewy.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:13 PM   #82  

Good Sunday Morning to Everyone!!!

I can let you know just how a whole bag of chips taste and tell you all about how it tastes after too. (tastes a lot like beating yourself up feels) Life does get in the way sometimes but these boards help me learn how to hanlde those days much better.

Weight in sounds great to me too!!! On Monday is it?

Have a good day everyone. Think I'll check out this chat stuff. I haven't been there before.

TJ
gardenwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:24 PM   #83  

Monday weigh in would be good by me too.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:58 PM   #84  

lol well I havent ate a whole bag of anything these days but can say that I have only had 1 day so far that was totally on my plan. no matter what plan I do if it is a "diet" or normal healthy eating I alway tend to sway... Dee I totally understand and that is my biggest problem is emotional eathing. I have told myself wait 10 mins. or you dont want or need or whatevr but never seems to work. I even printed a letter that someone posted on another site and read but today was bad. Yesterday was great now to string 2 or more in a row.
I am down a lb since I started but I am sure not going to get there healthily or this year if i fiddle like I am. arghhhhhhh
so what are we going to do. I think I will go over and get her note and post it here.
cya ina bit.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:02 PM   #85  

I am psoting what a friend on another site posted to us there, it is so interesting and so very true. Now if i read and read and read it maybe i will do it. hope it helps put things into perspective for you all today. and can you believe it as I am writing that last line i thought and I will go upstairs and get some rice crisps. ARGH

Hope you guys have a wonderful day today. You know, we have all kinds of choices that will come our way today and our lives are dramatically affected how we respond. Our families are affected, our attitudes are affected, our health is affected, our self-respect is affected, our tomorrows are affected, and our TODAY is affected. Think carefully before you run to FOOD today to give you a quick, few seconds of pleasure. Folks, it is JUST NOT WORTH IT. That taste of whatever will die out in a few seconds and will leave a sick feeling inside that will stay for a lot longer.

Make a decision today to be the kind of FRIEND to yourself we long to have in our lives. Make the ADULT decision today! I often think when I make the choice to EAT rather than to persevere, that my little spoiled 3 year old comes out and in my mind I can see her standing there with pouty lips, crying and wanting her way, hands on her hips, stomping her foot and demanding those things that she FEELS will make her happy. But if I STOP for just a minute and realize that she makes decisions based on what will FEEL good for a few seconds but will literally take her life from her... I know that I have to rely on the ADULT in me to make the better choice so that she can grow up and live a long, healthy and full life with all the blessing that come as a result.

That adult lives in all of us but at first when you start responding like an adult, the child will scream even louder for a long time, trying to manipulate the adult and get her to give in. DON'T! You have every single thing you need inside of you to make right and healthy choices today. The adult REALLY is the stronger side of you. I believe that with all my heart. The problem is that the "old tapes" in our head tell us that the child is in charge because she is louder. Deal with her like you would deal with your own children. Let her scream but continue to make the choices that will help her grow up healthy and I promise you the more days you make those good, long-term healthy choices... the quieter she will get.

The key for me is to realize that the CHILD in me responds on FEELINGS. She craves things and wants them and with eyes tightly closed to any logic or truth, she plows through life grabbing anything everything that she FEELS she wants or deserves.

The adult has to come to the point that they know that we can't live our lives by responding to "feelings". I have gotten into trouble in MANY areas of my life by "following my feelings". Sometimes they just do not tell us the truth. So the adult in me has to look at the bigger picture and make the choice that would give me a better outcome and looks at more than just THIS moment.

I think that's why I used to get up and perpetually fail again every day because I kept responding to my "feelings". I kept telling myself (like I said in my post to Kathy today) that I could not make it past these cravings and things I wanted. They were the stronger part of me. That was a LIE and a BIG one. The TRUTH is that we are created by a loving God who gives us the ability to do this. It's not easy... but when the baby in us is screaming all kinds of junk at us, we just have to play a NEW tape... one with the voice of our adult. Replace the lie with a truth. We may FEEL that it is impossible not to EAT a certain item but sometimes I say outloud "NO, that isn't the truth. The truth is that I have EVERY single thing I need to be able to say NO to this food and walk away and I CHOOSE to do that right now."

May sound sort of simplistic and silly but it helps me to put it into these terms in my own head and know that a part of me is all grown-up and can make right decisions. I just have to make the choice to DO it.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:50 PM   #86  

Well hello ladies......this is fantastic. I just found 3FC yesterday. Actually I really believe it what I need to stay focused this year. I am a single mom of three daughters (15/17/20)..... and I "too" need to get serious with loosing some weight. I have diagnosed with Rupus (combo of RA & Lupus) and can expect a bad episode at any given time. So for the sake of my health and my family..... count me in. I've tried so many diets... you name it...I'm on the "I tried that too " list. My dr recommends that I follow the rainbow diet...I'm looking into what it takes to be successful on it. I know that the carbs are my worst enemy. The other day I about choked getting on the scale...weighed in at 269. The holiday tamales can sure sneak up on you. Since then....I've gone down to 264 just cutting back on carbs.

So Ladies.....let's go for it!
Muchizima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 05:51 PM   #87  

Well hello ladies......this is fantastic. I just found 3FC yesterday. Actually I really believe it what I need to stay focused this year. I am a single mom of three daughters (15/17/20)..... and I "too" need to get serious with loosing some weight. I have diagnosed with Rupus (combo of RA & Lupus) and can expect a bad episode at any given time. So for the sake of my health and my family..... count me in. I've tried so many diets... you name it...I'm on the "I tried that too " list. My dr recommends that I follow the rainbow diet...I'm looking into what it takes to be successful on it. I know that the carbs are my worst enemy. The other day I about choked getting on the scale...weighed in at 269. The holiday tamales can sure sneak up on you. Since then....I've gone down to 264 just cutting back on carbs.

Old 01-08-2006, 05:51 PM   #88  

Old 01-08-2006, 05:51 PM   #89  

Old 01-08-2006, 05:51 PM   #90