Old 12-31-2005, 10:20 AM   #1  
scl

Default 40+ Fit & Fabulous

Starting this thread for the 40+ group. Sending messages to all the folks from the "buddy up" thread seeking a buddy for an almost 49 yr old.

We'll welcome YOU to join us for 2006 goals . . . so far we have:
loose 50 by June
loose 50 by YE 2006
loose 25 + by YE 2006
and more.
We also have a mix of 40+ folks, with all the challenges this age group poses.

So let's commit to lifting each other up during 2006 -- encouragement, support, and hopes for more fit, slim and fabulous folk in the coming year.
scl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 10:33 AM   #2  

Good Morning Scl - Thanks for doing this group for us!

I am looking forward to a great support group. What a team we will be. Come on all you young and spirited 40+ let's team up together and rock our bodies and minds for 2006!
Dee2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 10:34 AM   #3  
scl

Arrow Couple of site features to aid with support group

Create "buddy lists" -- if you click on a user name link, a drop down will let you add that individual to a buddy list. This allows you to send messages to up to 5 buddies at the same time.

Subscribe to thread -- with or without email notification -- will allow you to "find" this thread quickly even if it moves around on the site.

Let's keep teaching each other how to use this site fully! There's so much here to help us support each other . . . Happy New Year's Eve to one and all!
scl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 10:56 AM   #4  

I guess we should all post a bit about ourselves and our goals...

I have a 22 workaholic son - 18 college going daughter - and 11 year old little girl that I SWEAR is my son's TWIN...All kids to the same hubby of 25+ years. My 11 year old came after dr's said I couldn't have anymore kids - HAHA Did I fool them or what?

Anyway, I too am carrying much EXTRA wieght around and looking to loose it over the next 7 or so months - at least 60 pounds, and then perhaps the other 20 after that - I probably need to get more specfic, but I am not sure how HEALTHLY dieting goes.... I am on the right road now, and am making Life Changes to a better me
Old 12-31-2005, 12:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I think I'd like to join this group, if that's OK. I need another thread to follow here at 3fc like I need another hole in my head!
I'm 45, have been married to the same fine fellow for 26 years. We have a 23 y o son who works out but still lives at home. Our 22 y o daughter is getting married in May, she already lives away. And our 19 y o son is in his first year at college. I'm a nurse who works part-time in a small hospital and we live in the country.
In 2006, I need to fix it so it sticks. In 03-04 I lost over 40 lbs and felt and looked (IMHO) great! But I keep yo yoing.
So in the first couple of months of 06, I need to get hold of things here. Learn more about how my body works and processes calories (I have never figured out my basal needs at a decent weight) and get at it. Then I need to learn how to live thin ... with minimal backsliding.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 04:47 PM   #6  

Hello Everyone,
I have been lurking around this thread for awhile and it looks like a great one. Thanks SCL for setting up this new group for us.
Here's a little about myself...even though I may be repeating myself to some of you....I am 46, married for 27 yrs., have 2 kids (son,25 and daughter, 22). I need to lose the same 75 lbs. that I gained when I was with child 25 yrs ago. Its time to lose it don't you think? lol
I am looking forword to getting to know everyone and getting started. I have done WW, SB, and a few other diets that didn't stick. I am looking into just plain ol healthy living now. If anyone has any sugestions, PLEASE...let me know.
Here's to Healthy Living for Life
TJ
gardenwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 05:02 PM   #7  

I'm not sure where all these other ladies hang out TJ but I like the food and nutrition threads as well as exercise and the ladies who lift. Actually I learn things all over the place at 3fc.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:18 PM   #8  

wow what great response!!! When I wrote that I needed a buddy whodathunkit!!! I am so glad and thanks for the group and the other info.
Sorry wasnt on earlier, went in to the city today for my bday hair cut, lunch etc. and ended up with mum goin to emerg. she is home now but was a long day. anyway thanks and I will be back tomorrow to write more.
cya Cindy
fit4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 11:17 PM   #9  

Happy birthday fit4me! I'm sorry your day didn't turn out so well. I hope your Mom is OK.

Happy New Year to you all. I'm taking a throbbing head to bed before midnight. Something wrong with that doncha think? Aren't I supposed to have the headache tomorrow after a night of partying?
Old 01-01-2006, 12:07 AM   #10  

Default Hi

Hi, I too would like to join your group. I will be 49 yrs old on Jan 12th and have decided that now is the time to finally drop the extra pounds and get healthy before turning 50 in a yr. I live in KS in the country with my family. I have 4 children ages 22, 19, 17, 16. The oldest is in college but lives at home. The 19 yr old raises and trains service dogs. And the younger two are homeschooled and help out here. I try to live a simple life, raise our own food, cook from scratch, all that stuff. I would really like to drop 50 pounds in 2006. I am glad to meet like souls. I look forward to getting to know all of you.
Till later Candace
Sleddogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:52 AM   #11  

Hi can i join too? I'm 46 and have 2 children, a son16 and a daughter 4. Yes 4 years old, she was a bit of a miracle. I'm working in a high school as the study hall monitor, and need to lose around 100 lbs. Like Susan B I lost over 40 lbs a little over a year ago and gained it all back, I know I need more exercise in my life to keep things going. I live in central Iowa and don't have a lot of places to go in the winter time since I hate the cold.
Bette k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:13 AM   #12  

I had a serious run in with some peanutbutter cups last night and this morning am very angry with myself. I know better than that. Like Bette K, I've done this before and know how it works .... and that don't include handfuls of candy!
Candace ... what a lovely life you have! Do you have vegetables this time of year?
If any of you are calorie counters, I've started an accountability thread just to get my head on straight. For starters, I just need to get back into the groove of eating less and moving more. Sounds simple, eh? Argh!
Old 01-01-2006, 10:43 AM   #13  
djm

Hi,thanks scl this is just what I was looking for. I am 49 and hope to lose 50 by June for my 50th bday or as I tell my kids 49 and 12 months. I am married and have three kids girl 20 boy 18 both at the same college, and a boy 15 who plays football and basketball. I join weght watcher in Nov have lost almost 12 lbs so far. I need to find some kind of exercise that won't kill me to much I had knee surgery a few years ago. Hope everyone has a great new year
Debbie
djm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:51 AM   #14  

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year!

Susan don't beat yourself up over a mistake. Everyone has week moments now and then...you are doing great on your weight loss! Remember it is takes a journey to where we are going. I will check on your accountability thread- sometimes I say I am going to exersice then I make excuses...

Happy Birthday fit4me!

Sleddogs - I had an American Eskimo Dog - loved him dearly, he passed away this past July, only 7 with Kidney failure....a day doesn't go by without me missing him.

Got a question for all you...have you noticed being any more clumsy??? I don't know whether it is my age, or my extra weight, but I sure do bang into more things....I fell down our steps 2 weeks ago, brusied my right leg and my ankle bone, and still have a large bruise on my butt! Good thing I fell on that first... Yesterday, I slipped on some water where you come into the house...my hubby said I was SAFE - there was no way he was going to get me out. I am definitely feeling it today - sat with a heating pad on my lower back all evening, and stiff this morning. I think a lot of this is extra weight - 212 is my highest weight ever, even when I was pregnant I never weight this!

We had our big New Years dinner last evening - Yeah - I don't have to make anymore MASH POTATOES!! I feel I made them everyother day over the last 2 weeks! We are having some kind of fish today for dinner - Hubby and I are going out to the store to get it this afternoon together. Starting off on the right foot, but I know there will be days.....I will be looking forward to support and help from my buddies here!

Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2006, 11:30 AM   #15  

Good New years Day morning!! thanks for the bday wishes and mum is home they didnt keep her in hosptial this time. They changed her puffers, checked her O2 and whatever.
Well cleaned both bathrooms, tidyed bedroom, and did some laundry ( no I dont carry the baskets yet!!)
about me well........
I live in Canada, am now just 49! lol married, 2 kids 27 year old son with crohns disease and he is married, and 25 year old dd. they both live not at home. have a dog that is our best buddy, she is 4 and is part chow and part husky with a touch of collie. of all our dogs she is the prettiest and best managed. We moved to the country (small village) 2 years ago from the city, so we live an hr away. I would love to be even more simple so Candace bring on suggestions! I have a huge garden but not food yet. it was one of the things that drew us to this place cos the house needs some fixing. dh is great at it when the mood hits, he has been off work for 2 years now with extreme depression, and tons of panic anxiety. he has drs and councellors and meds. but the meds are very touchy with him cos he has IBS bad. anyway we wont dwell on the neg. cos there will be days you will hear about him arhgh.
I work as a Continuing care assistant at the nearby ( only a 1 min drive 10 min walk from home) nursing home, it is small only 30 residents so nice. I am off work now cos I had a total hysterectomy with ovary removal Dec 1. so still recuperating although I did great.
not a nutshell but about all I can think of for now.
oh am thinking that I may like to do the run that we have for crohns disease this year. it is walk run whatever but will have to see when it is.
I will check out more stuff later as I have to go upstairs. our puter is in basement and isnt heated so brrrrr.
have a great start to the day. I am going for my walk now. cant wait till i can take the dog again. cya

Cindy
fit4me is offline   Reply With Quote