Old 01-08-2006, 05:51 PM   #91  

Well hello ladies......this is fantastic. I just found 3FC yesterday. Actually I really believe it what I need to stay focused this year. I am a single mom of three daughters (15/17/20)..... and I "too" need to get serious with loosing some weight. I have diagnosed with Rupus (combo of RA & Lupus) and can expect a bad episode at any given time. So for the sake of my health and my family..... count me in. I've tried so many diets... you name it...I'm on the "I tried that too " list. My dr recommends that I follow the rainbow diet...I'm looking into what it takes to be successful on it. I know that the carbs are my worst enemy. The other day I about choked getting on the scale...weighed in at 269. The holiday tamales can sure sneak up on you. Since then....I've gone down to 264 just cutting back on carbs.

So Ladies.....let's go for it!
Muchizima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:18 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Muchizima! We're glad you're here.
I've never heard of the rainbow diet. Maybe someone else here has. You can tel me about it. We'll encourage and help you any way we can.
I think we're scheming to come up with some kind of structure for the thread. So far I think we're weighing on Monday.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:40 PM   #93  
kjkas10

Default Busy Weekend

Hi All,
I have been sorta MIA this weekend with birthday parties, my hubby, unchristmasizing my home & just plain stuff. I am afraid and excited about "weighing in". I am afraid I didnt loose any weight and I will put myself back in the cycle of "what difference dose it make", Trying to stay positive.

I am trying to convert my medical problems to holistic medical solutions with the excepton of my thyroid. I am hoping that this approch will help with my ability to lose weight. Is anyone else into Holistic Medicine? If so what types of things are you working on?

My dieting is basicly trying to do low fat and high fiber. More than anything I am eating will, most the time. I eat every 2 to 3 hours, I have snacks high in fiber about low in fat 100 to 150 calories. My largest meal, lunch is about 300calories, low in fat, high in fiber. Dinner is about 200 to 250 calories. I am hoping that it is working. I am never hungry. I just hope it is working. I am making a attemp to committ to exercizing 20 minutes per day . I know that dosnt sound like a lot but its a commitment that I know I can keep. I am try to keep my goals realist, I dont think I could take much more disappointment.

Got to get off the negative. Good thoughts for weight in tomorrow. Hope you all have a very good monday!!!!
KJKAS10
kjkas10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:25 PM   #94  
kjkas10

Default Finding new stuff

I think I figured out how to put my goals in. This is very exciting for me. As you can probaly tell, I am easily amused. As you can also tell I am internet chalenged.
Happy Scaling
kjkas10
Old 01-08-2006, 09:40 PM   #95  

Hi and welcome I too havent heard of it but imagine it is lots of veggies hence the colour. In Canada the food guide is in teh shape of rainbow and not a triangle anymore.
Good luck and hope you do well.
I have done good now that I am off the eating again for the night. one thing I have done not eat in eve. so that helps and the walking. I dont get negative real bad just want to know why and try to figure out why i eat when I dont want to....
lol maybe i need to go see dh councelor and physcatrist again. I went for a bit to help him but they said I was fine if i didnt need to come again.
have a great start to your week. and healthy eating!!
fit4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 212.6/144.2/121

Height: 5'5"

Hi Just checking in. I had a bit of a problem with my computer in the chat room last night. Not sure whether the chat hijacked it or not, lol.

Started playing around with FitDay yesterday also. Just wish they had a few more food choices, and some more exercise choices. If I do the treadmill at 3.6 mph and a 6% incline, all I can choose is 3.5 mph, uphill. I am also going to keep track on paper from what the treadmill measurements read.

I know how not to eat a whole box of cookies, if you really want to know.

Don't buy any cookies at all! Course that didn't work for me last week when I got the bag of cheetos out of the machine. But... just a suggestion.

Welcome muchizma!

I will weigh in, but I don't really expect my weight loss to be superfast, based on previous attempts. Actually I weigh myself every day, so...that won't be too much effort. Since I gained 5 lbs in December, or gained back shall I say, I was kind of hoping that that would just drop off me, but...no such luck. (You know it hadn't be around that long).

I need to stick with this for the long haul, and make these changes regardless of whether things are happening as fast as I would like. Last year I fizzled out at the end of May.
buddha belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 10:54 PM   #97  

Evening everyone,
Fit4me~ Thanks for posting your friends letter. It was something I needed to read. Like you said...I will read, and read, and read it again until it's in my head. Thanks!!

TJ
gardenwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 10:56 PM   #98  

Saturday wasn't a good day, junk food and no exersize, bad Bette. Today I got my exersize in, but the food wasn't the best choices. Birthday parties are bad. I'm thinking about getting up about 20 minutes earlier and increasing to the 2 mile WATP dvd. It will have been 5 days at the 1mile, I don't really work up a much of a sweat on the 1 mile, the increases distance and energy might be just what I need.
On a different note, my 25th wedding anniversary is in Aug, and I'm thinking about doing something fun like renewing our vows, any one have any ideas, or know how long something like that takes to plan? My husband has totally refused to go to Vegas and get married by an Elvis impesonator, but still might be talked into a renissaince faire renewal.
Bette k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:00 AM   #99  

good morning all
Well today is another day....
You know I have been thinking, I said to myself I would do this for ME. make ME healthy, fit and happy. Who are you supposed to take care of first yourself. so I am giving up on ME and that should not be an option. So as of today for TODAY only I will NOT give up on me.
also some motivation that I again got from somewhere else.
health is my goal, weight loss is my gift.,

by admitting your setbacks, you take a step forward....

this am. i wrote what I plan to eat ( like i did in WW to check points) and now will eat that and check it off.
and NOW I am getting dressed and going for a walk with the dog, bringing her home and then going again alone.
hope you all have a great day and will be back later. cya

Cindy
Old 01-09-2006, 09:25 AM   #100  

Good-Morning ...

As to my Monday weigh-in...I have not gained any weight from my original start weight - which is a great thing considering how many cookies I ate, and how stressed I was... But I did lose 3 pounds before I went on that binge, and now I am stuck where I started - 214.

The cookies only came into our home because my teenage daughter said please several times we were in the grocery store....

What's even funny is my little girl is a girl scout - and they are ready to start selling their girl scout cookies this year.........LOCK me up.

I ate a great breakfast - scrambled eggs and spinich, I hear that is something you eat on the Sonoma diet so I tried it.....it was good. I will have some fruit for a snack, my vitamins, and go out to run errands until lunch.... I do work this evening, so I will be busy and that will help!!!

Bette - We celebrated our 25th last year in Aug....Did a cruise together - alone without kids...I really enjoyed it, we saw beautiful places, we went on a New England Cruise... but was a struggle with hubby the whole time, he seem like he was negative in a nice way, does that make sense? He just couldn't relax the whole time we were away. I think he only went along 'cause I wanted to.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Dee2121; 01-09-2006 at 09:33 AM.
Dee2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:46 AM   #101  

I wish I was having a good morning but a fella on Ebay is driving me nuts! And he hasn't even bid on anything! Urgh!

But life in general is good. I had a good weekend. I can see just a hair of space below 135 on the scale this morning.

And it's cheered me up to come here and read your postings.

buddha belly .... I customize almost everything I eat. Sometimes my label doesn't jive with what fitday has to say and that is too inaccurate for me. When you customize something, it stays in the drop down menu and you never have to go hunting for it again.

For our 25th, we had a pig roast in the backyard. It was kind of a surprise. Really alot of fun.

Cindy ... planning is wonderful. You're off to a good start this morning.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:55 AM   #102  

Smile

Hi everyone! Do you mind if I join in?! I am not new to 3FC or dieting! Imagine that!!!! lol! I am 41 (tomorrow actually) and married, (2nd time) we are going to be married for 1 year February 18th! I was married the first time for 21 years and have two beautiful teenage daughters, 18 & 13. One (my 18 y.o) has all the same weight issues as me and the other one is skinny, tall and very athletic! Isn't it funny how different they can be?!?!?!? I work in a CANDY STORE!!!!!! Which is very very difficult at times. Go figure. However, I worked in Police Administration and couldn't (or didn't want to) handle all the stress. NOT of the job, but of a co-worker in the cube beside me!!!! Grrrrrr. While working there I gained back a lot of the weight that I had lost in 1998. Which was 100# that I lost and probably 60# of that I put back on. So, I started ww at home in June and lost 30#. Then I started going to meetings which ended up costing me like $20.00 every week. I know I know, meetings are only $12, but I had no self control and everytime I went I had to buy something!!!! SO, I quit going and started at home again. I came back to 3FC where I get so much support and have met so many nice people. Wish me luck!!! I'm going strong again!!! lol! I really wish I could exercise. I used to be really in to it. I dunno?!?!?!? Well enough babbling. Thanks for listening and I'll keep following this thread. I love it.
MeRam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:35 AM   #103  

Of course you're welcome, Jeanne!
The exercise will come. Each little thing we do right, encourages us to do a little more.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:34 PM   #104  

HI everyone!!!

DRUM ROLL I have done one day as I planned, ate well, and what I wrote this am. walked 2 walks and it is after 7 and so far that is the one thing I hvaent had problem with no food after 7. SO am done for the day and I DID IT!!!!
on to tomorrow. ONE DAY AT A TIME just may be my new mantra!!
thanks for the support!!
Old 01-09-2006, 08:45 PM   #105  
kjkas10

Hi All
Good going fit4me
I once read some place that if you do the same thing every day for 30 days it becomes a habbit.

Is the Ranbow diet a designer diet?

OK, I was very apprehensive about getting on the scales this morning. however I am down 3 pounds
Go figure.
Have a good evening! Welcome to everyone new
KJKAS10