Old 12-22-2005, 02:40 AM   #181  
Exercise Queen

I'm a capricorn, what does that make me?
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:41 AM   #182  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

"Hard time burning?!?!" No way. The only thing I have a hard time burning is all the fat because I keep shoveling in the fuel like I was stoking the burners for a flight to the moon!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:43 AM   #183  
Never give up

CB is you, dear CBETA! 8/8 was my debut to this world!

And stage, that makes you a stable Earth sign. Those Cappies just work their way along, slowly but surely, getting better every year!
Old 12-22-2005, 02:46 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

8/8 - you've got to be kidding me. That gymnast friend I was telling you about, thin and eating aftere 9......
Her b-day is on 8/8!

wow....

Stage, ..dont' tell me your b-day on Dec 26 or Dec31 or Jan6....is it?
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:46 AM   #185  
Exercise Queen

I thought I was an earth sign, but I wasn't sure. I think I need to look into astrology more. My birthday is 1/13, it's on a Friday this year!
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:48 AM   #186  

Quote:
Originally Posted by redballoon
"Hard time burning?!?!" No way. The only thing I have a hard time burning is all the fat because I keep shoveling in the fuel like I was stoking the burners for a flight to the moon!
you are right... it must be all of that excess fuel. Interestingly enough, even the choices I make in life follow the same thought... buy it now, or save it for later and buy again later.. excess is better than lack of there off.... hmm something to ponder.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:53 AM   #187  
Never give up

Exclamation

Well, CB, (that's you! I abbreviate everything) it just shows I gotta fire those engines more instead of just dumping fuel into 'em! Our minds and bodies are still programmed to deal with lack and to SURVIVE. We think we will always have access to food but our bodies and minds are not really convinced. Well, I mean, heck, we may not, BUT, I think the chances are pretty good. I think the only way around this "Great Depression" mentality (althought you're too young for that and not from the right country, though I guess Russia had its share of lack...) is to just NOT think about it and NOT care about caution. Yes!! Fling caution to the wind!! CARPA DIEM. Live like you were mortal....

And, CB, you can read more things about people (like birthdates..and I mean this nicely) if you click on their name, release, a menu pops up, and then go to "view public profile." Some people have written things, others like to remain anonymous. Check it out.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:57 AM   #188  

Quote:
Originally Posted by redballoon
Well, CB, (that's you! I abbreviate everything) it just shows I gotta fire those engines more instead of just dumping fuel into 'em! Our minds and bodies are still programmed to deal with lack and to SURVIVE. We think we will always have access to food but our bodies and minds are not really convinced. Well, I mean, heck, we may not, BUT, I think the chances are pretty good. I think the only way around this "Great Depression" mentality (althought you're too young for that and not from the right country, though I guess Russia had its share of lack...) is to just NOT think about it and NOT care about caution. Yes!! Fling caution to the wind!! Live like you were mortal....
That's true, Russia had it's own depression and most russians are somewhat pessimistic... as many promisess are given daily, but never anyting changes.... (joke always is "they promissed it will be a bright future and it will get better, they just forgot to mention, when and for whom"... I do know about US Great Depression. I did go to High School and Univ. here... but reality is sometimes it gets the better of me...
Old 12-22-2005, 03:04 AM   #189  
Never give up

CB, that was not meant as a remark on your knowledge. A "Great Depression mentality" is something that people like my grandparents, who actually went through the Depression, got and could never really get over. It caused them to like store dollar bills in their mattresses and things like that, just in case the banks went under again....yes, like you said, just being pessimistic AND overly cautious...which, if you really thought about, we could take like this...think of every meal as being your last for a while...do you want to make it a can of soda or an apple (or other healthy calorie equivalent)? Or, you could say, do I want to risk getting diabetes when I may not be able to get medical care or be able to pay for it? Better to get healthy and fit. Sounds like the best insurance to me, right?
Old 12-22-2005, 03:11 AM   #190  
Never give up

Cool

Okay, I am determined to make a dent in my room and get my exercise bike (at least one of them) set up and ready to roll. I blew off the gym today because I thought I would go very early tomorrow...THEN I realized tomorrow is a holiday here (Emperor's birthday) and now I can't go at all because they open late and I have to be at work.....darn! So, I am determined to work up a good sweat on the bike...IF I can get it set up tonight! Wish me luck!
Old 12-22-2005, 03:23 AM   #191  

Red, I have confidence, that you can setup your bike AND work up that sweat you've talked about...if not I would hope you are not going to take a Pause day and you will find someother means of exercising.
(I had a girl at work once, she lost 50 pounds. How? she was embarassed, so she would run up and down the staircase for an hour just to work out....)
I trust you....

p.s. I am a newby here and until today I did not know you were a journalist, could you tell more about that job. I am curious to know what you do...(if you do not mind me asking)

Have a good day... I am off to bed.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:09 AM   #192  
Never give up

Smile well, you asked.....

CBETA -- Thank you! for your vote of confidence. I just moved some stuff around. I COULD set the one bike up in the kitchen as a temporary measure, just, well, because I SAID I would get it set up and I WILL. I am annoyed that I forgot about the gym opening late tomorrow because I really did want to get a workout in and had my gym gear to go directly after riding today, then didn't because I thought I would do it tomorrow. Oh well, if I can get my bike set up again I can get some good fat-burning workouts in. I use a pulse monitor and can push my heartrate up and KEEP it there! Right now, I'm taking a break because the dust I kicked up is making it hard to breathe and this is where the asthma kicks in if I don't let it settle....I have a very bad allergy to dust, but thank God, NOT anything in a barn, hay, fur, or hair. I can hug my cats and horse!

Actually, CB, my pause day would be for the crunches only, which I WILL do. The exercise is just something I always do and need to do more of to get this excess burned off. Sure wish I had excess in my bank account! Stair running is fantastic exercise and would knock most people out just to walk up.

Tonight is the office yearend party and I am NOT going. There is no way I could go and NOT drink beer and it would probably end up as a LOT of beer and I just can't be bothered to go in there on a day when I'm not scheduled to be there. I'm thinking of all the calories I'll save and I won't risk making a scene, a fool of myself....again!

Well, there's not that much to say about my work. I do a lot of different things, but my best is writing...not that you would know it from the drivel I come out with here, eh?! I used to do the assigned work, where I had to interview anyone they told me to. At the time I was on the features desk. It was interesting but you have to do a lot of research just to be able to ask halfway intelligent questions. Sure, meeting celebrities and all is cool but it wears off, unless you are into living vicariously. I preferred to go deep instead of shallow and wide and thus concentrated on horseracing. So, I have that as kind of a niche here now. All my writing is freelance now as the work I do at the paper 3x week is editing, headline, caption writing, page layout. But I get asked to write stories still, especially things like this recent ski resort trip, which is PR work for the ad department, stuff most people hate and journalists who think the word only means going for the Pulitzer, debating politics, muckracking and otherwise changing the world in big ways are loathe to do. I do it because I can and I need the money. I really should work on my writing, getting published more, set goals, become more knowledgeable... I like interviewing people, getting inside their heads, their beings, finding out what makes them tick and letting other people (the reader) know so perhaps he or she can learn from it. This is my forte I would say, if I were asked if I had any. I especially like talking to people who excel in their areas and have talked with a lot, mostly athletes, but also musicians, film directors and such. I should do more writing. There's not that much money in it and like I said, you start realizing people are people and there's not that much new that is going to come out of them. Gotta go where the money is...wish I knew....

Hmm, what else? What do you want to know? Anything in particular? About writing, interviewing, getting stories or so or are you just being curious?

Well, OK, sorry to bother any others with this long post. I probably should PM it. Okay, back to the dent-making.

Old 12-22-2005, 06:48 AM   #193  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

lol thanks u guys but my birthday is oct 14th ... I'm a libra
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 09:08 AM   #194  
Egy Kis Lany

Oooh! Curly, I'm 15 October!
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 09:45 AM   #195  
Cynical RedHead

Wow, y'all went crazy with the posting last night!

Let's see, I am still at day 1. I worked 12 hours straight and by the time I got home I couldn't even talk myself into doing yoga. I stood and stared at my yoga mat for about 10 minutes until DH gently led me to the sofa and gave me a cup of soup. I managed to eat a little more yesterday, but still not very much (just over 1000 calories). Today should be much better. All the rush-rush is out of the way because most of the partners I work with are out of the office today and tomorrow. All I know is I am going to the gym today, OR ELSE!!! Two days in a row with no work out makes Michell a grumpy girl!

Quote:
And stage, that makes you a stable Earth sign. Those Cappies just work their way along, slowly but surely, getting better every year!
StageMom - I am also a Capricorn! Jan. 4th is my day - i can't believe i am going to be 36 years old - hey! I hear it's the new 18 (or maybe 40 is the new 20? I get confused ) Red is precisely right (of course ) about the dogged determination of us Capricorns. If we decide to do something, it may take a while, but it will get done.

Okay - so it wasn't Curly's birthday, but it is Marble's? Happy Birthday to someone, anyone! let's have some cake
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote