Old 01-14-2006, 06:27 PM   #511  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Default me & my Chai Boy!

me and my walking partner ... just incase u were curious to put a face to a name! and also good for scaring away mice! LMAO

Day 16---------->

Gazelle 30 min
calories 1176

Last edited by curlylocks; 04-20-2008 at 09:43 PM.
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 09:01 PM   #512  
Exercise Queen

A(0/1) Water Challenge- Day 13 *PAUSE*
B(0/2) SB1 Challenge- Day 12 *PAUSE*
C(2/3) The Firm Challenge- Day 13 *PAUSE*

The Seahawks won though so it's still a good day!
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 01:51 AM   #513  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

so it is early eve on a saturday night.
i am home alone and noone in sight...
no places to go, no people to see
nothing to do, nowhere to be

Finally after almost an entire week i am able to catch up. Thanking for missing me, I missed ooohhh soooo much this week. I missed the motivation.
Monday began by an exB meeting me at my doorstep and taking directly to dinner. Tuesday followed with an invite from another guy, but I was strong, I insisted on a workout prior, and then when he called I was still in the process. I suggested to reschedule, because I was not about to leave, and he agreed. I feel zero regret on that, I did want to see him, but for once I clearly felt "my life was more important to me" than seeing some guy. Instead when I got home we talked on the phone for a few hours, and I was super great as I ate no dinner. Actually this is sort of a new trend, I eat no dinner if I workout, often don't want to eat, sometimes too lazy to cook. Thur, and Fri were super tiring days at work with training and late conf. calls with India and Japan. I was tired but did not overeat, except last night. Went to see friends they cooked and it was late and was with too much oil, but I had two glassess of wine and was absolutely relaxed, so I had to eat... and that had killed my challenge. My russian forum also did a move over the weekend and a day earier than planned, so I lost every single personal message..I am still very mad....very mad ...very mad (felt like writing it multiple times)
my exB came today and took me to the same indian place, to celebrate a few things. BTW He was offered a job at webshots, they are in SF, and are planning to do a few cool things...*Shad you use them right?
I am beat, borred and lonely. It is cold, rainy, and dark. Tomorrow is a new day 1 for everything, and I am not worried, challenges help me stay on track, and even once completed, I will need to do them over - probably like 3 times...
I miss you guys. I am sorry for being so weak.
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 01:52 AM   #514  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlylocks
me and my walking partner ... just incase u were curious to put a face to a name! and also good for scaring away mice! LMAO

Day 16---------->

Gazelle 30 min
calories 1176
great pics. You do look so much as your avatar!
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 07:35 AM   #515  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

cbeta ty.. u might want to get some whey protein powder and mix it with skim milk or fruit juice after your exercise when u dont feel like putting a meal in your stomach.. when u eat more proten it creates more lean muscle on your body & makes u feel full plus is good for you
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 05:01 PM   #516  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Weighed in at 135.5 lbs this morning!
Really surprising, given how little exercise I got in this past week, but so cool!

Anyhow, my back has been better. I took the weekend easy as well - that is, no stationary bike, but I swam both days and went for a hike on Sunday. However, I did my 10 mins on the bike this morning.

Now I'm not sure whether to count the past few days into the 21-day challenge? I did exercise, but the exercises weren't what the challenge prescribed... so I'd say no? Red, shed some light here please.

Here's how my challenges stand:

1. No sweets & 10 mins stationary bike (level 3)
Completed Day 13 last Tuesday, January 10th, and then my back hurt Wednesday till Saturday, and I didn't do the bike. I had no sweets other than a tiny bite of a chocolate fudge (got it for my boyfriend, and he wouldn't eat it unless I shared at least a tiny bit with him!).
So not counting the swimming done over the last few days, I'm on Day 14 today, and no free days left.

2. Exercises for thighs and abs (level 2)
Completed Day 8 on Tue, January 10th. So same as above, not counting the swimming, it's Day 9 today, and I believe I still have one pause day left.

3. Fruit eating challenge (level 1, one pause day left)
Started this one on January 10th, today is Day 7.

And I think I'll start running again in the next few days. The reason why I haven't started yet is because I was worried I would not be able to do it every day, especially since now I can enjoy the outdoor swimming pool... In the end, I decided to take up skipping as a side exercise for days when I don't go running. I'll work out the details as soon as I have a better idea about my work schedule for the next few weeks.

ETA I put level 4 for challenge no 2!

Last edited by Sushi Penguin; 01-15-2006 at 05:16 PM.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 05:12 PM   #517  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Cool

Sushi -- You can't keep asking me to decide for you when you know you've done things differently from what you said or when you think you've gone outside the challenge rules. YOU know when you've not been true to the challenge rules. Just start over if you have to. That's what everyone does. Change the wording and start over. You have to learn what works for you and, in doing so, you will have to have a bit of trial and error. I think you just had the wrong wording for what would work for you and it sounds like you didn't really want to do what you initially said you would with GOOD reason. It probably was not suitable for you or your lifestyle. There's nothing bad about starting over. What makes the challenge work is keeping things simple and sticking to it. Rules are what make habits and sometimes too much choice, in other words, unclear rules, can set you up for failure. But, you also have to do things that are viable with your lifestyle. You'll notice I don't do a challenge that says 30 mins of sweat-producing exercise a day, because, though I would love to, I know my work and schedule won't always allow for that. But I could say, "some sort of exercise for 30 mins every day." But, for me, that wouldn't be a challenge because I do that anyhow. You have to decide. But, I do think you should stick to what you've made. But, look, just change the wording a bit. Don't make things so specific in the first place. There is nothing that says it has to be specific, just that it has to be [i]every day[/]. the challenge is not supposed to be everything that you are doing in your life as far as weight loss, exercise and nutrition goes. It's supposed to help put a bit of structure into your life in certain areas. The rest you can do on your own. The challenge part is just to keep you a bit focused, accountable and coming in here and talking to us! You're doing fine. Keep up the good work!

Last edited by redballoon; 01-15-2006 at 05:19 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 05:23 PM   #518  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Thanks Red
I know, being overly specific is something I struggle with a bit in life. :
Anyhow, thanks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't bending the rules or anything...
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 05:33 PM   #519  
Never give up

Good Sushi! It's not so much that being specific is bad, I guess, as it is you have to learn to tailor things, which, yes, could mean in this case, that you will want to be a bit more encompassing with your wording. Sometimes, for example, you need to be real specific just to get back on track. Other times, and it can be much harder, you can change your wording of a new challenge to allow yourself more choice. I know when I've been pigging out on sugar, I usually go for an allout ban over a cutting-back kind of thing because I know I, in my weaker times, tend to be an all-or-nothing type of person. But then I will stick to it or try to at least! You have a great attitude and remember, your challenge is for YOU. Tailor it to meet your needs and your personality. Just do it within the rules so you can be a part of everyone, who is also following certain rules to stay in the game. Don't lose sight of the woods for the trees with any challenge. If you are getting in exercise, that is the important thing. But, do change your wording just to maintain the challenge's structure.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:13 PM   #520  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I thought I had posted last night, but apparently not! So day 12 for water and day 11 for food.

I have a fair idea about what that next challenge is to be now. It's menu planning so I know what I can buy, how many cals I am consuming etc. etc. Besides which planning is good for the budget and there are some bills coming up and no money coming in. AAAH back to the poor house AGAIN.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:39 AM   #521  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Strewth, no one here today!!! Thats amazing.

Day 13 down for water and Day 12 for food.

Busy, busy day. I'm all hot and sweaty. Think a shower is in order. Another big day tomorrow. I may even get most of what I planned done before the DS1 arrives. Wonders will never cease.

Hope everyone is having an OP day and enjoying themselves.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:00 AM   #522  
Never give up

Default New thread started!!!

STOP!!!!! Do NOT post here!!!
A NEW THREAD is up!! Click the link below and see you there!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73018