Old 10-23-2005, 05:48 PM   #61  
Cynical RedHead

Yesterday was day 5! And today stands a very good chance of being day 6 as I still have 700 calories to work with for dinner.

I will say hello in more detail tomorrow. Everyone have a great evening!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 06:01 PM   #62  

I failed already. I did very good the first 3 days then the weekend hit and I had to work.And it just went all do down hill very fast. Good luck to everyone on reaching you goals.
crd43123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 06:05 PM   #63  

Crd43123, there is no failure on this site, just new beginnings. So pick that dejected little chin up off the floor and plan for a new day 1 tomorow! We've all ben there, in fact I'm there right now, planning to restart later this week. The important thing is to never feel defeated.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 07:35 PM   #64  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Talking apt pupil!!

Carla has given me a laughing start to a very slow morning. I had just read crd's post..."I have failed. I am dirt. Good luck guys..." as she rides off into the sunset....Well, those weren't the words but that's how it sounded and I was just about to come back with an enoucouraging word (she's new, I was going to be gentle...) and next I read Carla's post. "pick that dejected little chin up off the floor..." Too funny!!

crd -- Yes, don't get us wrong. Like Carla said, we don't have failure here...or we do, but we don't talk about it after just a little mention. We don't dwell on it. We LEARN from it and then we KICK ON. And kicking on around here means dusting yourself off and starting over at Day 1. Maybe you didn't realize it because we've had a slew of success around here, but we ALL (I think maybe even curly) have had to start over. I, ME, MOI!! am starting over today. Really, I want to pig out today since I went off my challenge yesterday, but NO, there is no way I can now! So, come on crd, maybe you were already planning too, but just be sure you come with us!

carla -- Ok, speaking of restarting and all. Just where are you? Have you set the date yet? You could do an easier challenge and then start a parallel one later when your nose is better....

Fish -- Ok, 700 calories for dinner. You can do it! Good going!

curly --

Last edited by redballoon; 10-23-2005 at 07:41 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 07:50 PM   #65  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

To try and not succeed is not failure. Failure only comes when you do not pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again. Believe me if I took into account every single time I did not finish something I started, did not kick into action again, did not get it right the first time, I would be a blubbering mess in the dunces corner. Take the opportunity to work out where you went wrong, awol, astray and decide that it will not happen again that way. If you learn from your mistakes, you can then start to make extremely creative mistakes when you've run out of the mundane everyday mistakes we all make.
Do not despair. Just start over. We are are here kicking you back up to your feet again.

Have a good day everyone.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 10:57 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Day 2 Complete

Hi peoples. Bad day. Bad headache and just don't feel right. Hope I'm not getting sick. Had to do a birthday party today. Didn't go as well as we'd hoped. Only walked 6,254 steps today. Going to bed in a few. Have a good night ladies.
SillyFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 11:04 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Chaps - I'm hoping that weights will help me out with those bat wings. I really need to do abs and such. Your talking about what it has done for you is very inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing sometimes I look at myself and think nothing is ever going to change!!! I know that isn't true but at time I get down on myself.

Red - I'm Sooooooooooo Sorry I messed up my challenge ONCE AGAIN!!! It was my vitamins! It seems I always seem to forget them. I could take them right now but it's to late and I need to have something in my belly before I take them.

Fish - GREAT JOB!!! All that hard work has paid off! I'm so PROUD OF YOU!!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:21 AM   #68  

Hey Mez...have you tried stashing cashes of vitamins in critical places? Keep a two day supply in your purse, in your glove compartment, if you have 2 cars in the other car too! Some next to your bed.....maybe it will help! And maybe some single serving crackers or fruit if you have to eat when you take them. I am not a big vitamin person myself, but I've been taking a multi lately because of my funky moods. Thought maybe it would help.
crd- I've restarted I don't know how many times. I might hold the record. I can't seem to keep the %#@!!* beer out of my hands. Although, here I am, about to complete day 4. I think it's 4 anyway.
I'm feeling a bit better, allthough I was really grumpy with the kids around late afternoon, my witching hour...
Carla-I've been trying to come up with a good adjective for my fat. I think fluffy is a pretty good one! There is definately a difference between fluffy fat and firm fat....
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:45 AM   #69  
Never give up

Heh, guys. I'm off the challenge again. Feeling really bored and unmotivated with the whole thing and am thinking of taking an indefinite break....think you can handle things alone?
Old 10-24-2005, 05:24 AM   #70  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I for one would be really sorry for you to just disappear off into the ethernet Red. However I know only too well the feelings of loss of motivation. Here one week, gone the next. Can you compromise and come back just to check on the kiddies. I'm sure we will forgive you for not participating.

In the meantime don't go overboard with the bad stuff.

I just checked up on your numbers and I have put them in my cell phone. I will ring you next week from Mizunami. Thanks for all you have done for me.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 06:56 AM   #71  
Never give up

Thanks, Shad. In times like this I really just need some support. These past couple weeks or so, probably in the absence of some of our regulars, I have felt just like I'm in here rooting for people but no one is rooting for me and my damn challenge is so hard I need a lot of support. I CAN do it without it and do, but I don't sustain things without it. I go off and do other things and that involves no work. Recently, even though sometimes structure helps hold us to things, things have felt more like work. I'm tired and I supposed I am sick of myself and the fact that I can't seem to do anything unless it's all or nothing. That's the kind of person I am and I don't think it's going to ever change. I don't know....I'm just tired and bored and looking for change....and tired of trying to make people come to life..not here, but at work. The place is **** and the people are all down in the mouth and I am sick of it. It's not conducive to a challenge or ANY kind of success. I could tell them I won the Pulitzer and they'd just shrug...
Old 10-24-2005, 07:01 AM   #72  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Red: I hope that soon u will be feeling better and come back...

This thread that u started has kept a lot of people motivated.. or got them started exercisng every day.. I know for myself that there were many days I would have talked myself into not exercising had it not been for the fact that i didnt want to start over.... & the support was a great boost for me as well.. thank you

you have helped a lot of people... and i would hate for u to leave us.. but i can understand how u feel if u just need a break..hugs..

Last edited by curlylocks; 10-24-2005 at 07:03 AM. Reason: typo
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 07:08 AM   #73  
Never give up

Thanks, curly. I'm just tired and low and probably just looking for encouragment myself, which I haven't been getting or haven't been getting enough of. I suppose it's like you, others don't realize how hard it is to make it through the days and I'm not one to moan about it when I have done it. I moan when I'm not doing it. Usually, when I'm not moaning it's because things are so tough that I've got my teeth gritted shut and am just concentrating so hard on getting through that I don't have the energy to do anything else. If I did, I would fall off the wagon...or I would soon...and that is what has happened. Things are just soo tough now in my life yet I know the challenge is keeping me from hating myself when I have time to reflect. I need to stay on, really....it's these times that are so hard...I guess I'm just feeling misunderstood and ignored....I really am a kittycat needing attention...
Old 10-24-2005, 10:22 AM   #74  
Cynical RedHead

Alright! I made it through the weekend and stayed under goal! Yesterday was day 6 at 1482 calories!

Red - I am sorry you are having such a rough time right now. You are always so supportive to all of us here. I think (speaking only for myself) we just assume that you are on top of everything and don't necessarily need our encouragement. We don't mean to ignore you we just thought you had everything under control with your mega-challenges! As Shad and Curly have already said, we would hate to lose you, but completely understand if you need a break.

crd - don't give up! The last two weekends I blew my challenge and had to start over. This is the first weekend I actually made it through and kept under 1500/day. And at 1482 yesterday, I just squeaked under. I forget who posted this thought earlier, but it was amazing. It was something along the idea that we are not failing even if we don't make 21 days in a row, because everyday we are trying.
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 11:16 AM   #75  
prepare for the BEST time

RB!!! I'm not expecting you to be Ms. Sunshine constantly, but want you to know that you are a born LEADER....and we depend on you to keep us on the path of challenge and perserverance. (Consider your fur stroked and pick your tail up).

My work schedule is not permitting me to have a life..on my one day off yesterday my down-time was invaded by the contractor finishing (almost) my new room...referred to as "the meditation sanctuary" or insane asylum at this point....

I'm waiting for Coach Carla to join me in a new challenge.....if I don't slit my wrists first....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote