Old 11-10-2005, 12:24 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Carla – Thanks for you info on TOM. I didn’t feel you gave to much info you told how it was and that is what I need to know. It makes me more prepared for asking my Dr. questions. I told my DH to be ready for some major humming next month! Won’t say what he mistaken for but glad I got him set straight. LOL Did cheer me up my side was hurting from LOL still makes me lol thinking about it. I love reading your post! The Jelly Bean Story had me rolling! lol I hope you don’t take that in a bad way just been there done that and glad to know I’m not alone with things I have done!

Red – Have decided on a challenge?

Fish – Congrats on making 21 DAY!!! I’m so PROUD OF YOU!!!!!! Aww that was such a sweet story about your DH. So your not going to give the humming a try? Did the lol thinking about humming help? I heard that lol helps with pain.

Shad – Your post gave me hope! Thanks so so MUCH!!! I have an electric heating pad on my bed. I turned it on and it does help. One of my best investments!
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 01:46 PM   #212  

Day 19 done! Wow, I'm almost finished!!
Sorry I haven't posted. Alot of stuff going on. Both my mother AND mother-in-law have been in the hospital recently. My husband is actually still with his mom, looks like she'll be OK but it was kind of scary. I am overwelmed with all the things I need to do around the house and the baby just spilled my coffee (DECAF) creating more work and I don't want the kids infront of the TV all day (off from school) so we have to get out of here
I can't linger here....congrats Fishwoman!!!!! So how much did you lose on your challenge? Curious, because some day I'm hoping to string together 21 days of low-cal......
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:19 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

I don't feel I'm ready for a challenge right now but I am watching what I eat. I'm going to give it a bit then start one.

Apple - That is great your on day 19 only a wink and you'll be on 21! Sending good vibes to your mother and mother in law. When I'm overwelmed with housework. I break it down. I go breifly over the rooms and do a quick pickup and vacume. Then I pick one and break it down. Right now I'm working on my kitchen. I'm going through all my cupboards/Frig/pantry and getting rid of expired food and wiping them out. It's not something I can do in a day. I plan on it going into next week. Since I made up my mind to only do one cupbard a day. (non on weekends) So sometime next week the kitchen will be very clean. Just the basics will need to be done. I cleaned my living room last month going over mag/books/cds/vhs movies and such throwing out what wasn't good and taking what could be used to the Good Will. Now just dusting and vacuming at it's good. No more old books and such laying around. I spread it out over a week or two. I know it may sound like alot work but getting rid of that clutter makes for an easier house to clean. Just a thought.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:24 PM   #214  
Cynical RedHead

Apple blossom - I lost only four pounds. And that was with pretty regular exercise. I think I need to up my exercise, because I can't really lower my calories anymore and not be miserable. I hope your mom and MIL are feeling better soon.

Mez - I could make a 21-day challenge out of cleaning my house Every week I say I am going to go through the closets and the basement, and every week I put it off. Right now I just clean around the clutter. We keep the kitchen, living room, bath, and bedroom pretty clean, but my office, the closets, and the basement tend to degenerate. We did recently clean out the laundry room - that was an accomplishment

I am probably not going to start a new challenge until monday, but am 90% sure it will involve calories and exercise. Only 2 more months until my cruise!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 04:10 PM   #215  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Talking Hurrah for FishWoman!!!

Fish -- Way to go!!! Congratulations!!!!

redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 04:33 PM   #216  
Never give up

Cool Freedom....my mantra...Jimi, not Janis....

Good morning, all. It's Day 2 for me here. My new challenge worked well, this "I decide" challenge that is all about doing all the things I want to and not doing the things I shouldn't be. In other words, I take the day and each moment in it and stop and ask myself, is this moving me toward my goals of weight loss and glowing skin, shining hair, or at least (and this is important because I am so busy and my schedule changes on a moment's notice often) that I am not moving myself AWAY from these goals. If I can honestly say that I have not contributed to a negative effect then I am considering it an OKAY day.

I like it and had done a challenge like this earlier. I find that when I am given the freedom to choose I can usually (at least these days) be very responsible. I find I rebel and will act contrarily when I feel I have no choice, which is silly really, because it's ME making the rules....still, that's the way I am.

Yesterday, it was great. I contemplated sweets and other things I would not be allowed on a no-sugar, no-white flour crackdown, and though I could have had them because I know I could have stopped after just a bit, I said, no, why? I don't really want them and if I don't have them it'll move me that much closer to my goals that much more quickly. AND, what's even better, I didn't feel deprived and then eat excessive amounts of other "allowed" foods just because I could. That is where the calorie cut is going to help I believe. Well, wish me luck, people. This kind of thing takes more vigilance than the no, no, no type challenge. But I think those kind helped me get to this point.

Will try to find some time at some point to talk to you all individually. Until then, hang in there and let's keep these challenges rolling. Sorry to hear so many people are having problems and pains and I wish you all better health. Apple! you're doing great. Mez, come on, girl, get in there with a simple thing, just to hold us together. I know it's tough, but maybe it'll help keep your mind off the hurts. carla, I'm glad to see you back in there cracking the whip. Curly, you too! Shad, I am glad to have your serious, stabilizing, yet compassionate voice back with us. Goin' to be trucking past Nagoya again on Sunday.... Oh, and heh! my coworker should be sprung today!!

And, btw, anyone who can give me a correct interpretation of my rather cryptic Jimi/Janis heading gets a gold star!!

Last edited by redballoon; 11-10-2005 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:58 PM   #217  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Today is day one for me and my new challenge as described yesterday. I've had a mango yoghurt for breakfast and brought in a lunch and some fruit. Today should be good foodwise. Exercise starts tomorrow - the first of five days. Water comes after my morning coffee. Can't go without the coffee.

Fish - CONGRATULATIONS. I wouldn't mind 'only' losing 4lbs. In fact just one or two would do.

Red. I'm not sure of my serious, stabilising voice here, there are some that would take you up on that, but hey if you have a vision of me being serious and sober citizen then that's okay. One day it may happen. I may have to grow old but I don't have to grow up as they say. I like the sound of your challenge too. Glad to hear the Brit is to be sprung. I sincerely hope he has learned a lesson. Doesn't pay to mess with Japanese officialdom.

Mez - For my 2 days of TOM misery, I used to take those wheat bags to work and heat them in the microwave. Don't know whether you have them where you are. They are often used for arthritic pain. Small pillow like thing, which is filled with wheat and stays warm for ages. I loved my heat bag. Don't need it anymore tho' I think they now come in different shapes and sizes for different parts of the body. Sometimes I sprinkled lavender oil or rose water on it and when it came out of the microwave hot, the smell was wonderful. Havbe to do something to cheer yourself up on those days. Small hot water bottles work okay too.
Your house cleaning sounds like FlyLady.com. She has some good ideas for cleaning that girl.

Apple. Your challenge is very nearly done. Clever girl. So sorry to hear about the Mothers. I hope they are all doing much better and will be up and about soon.

Carla Glad to hear that the clothes rack - errrrrr Gazelle is getting a workout. Exercise will do that BP the world of good. Mine went right down when I started serious exercise. For that alone I would have kept going to gym.

Right well I better go do some work. I have to create manuals and screencams for 52 BW (Business Warehouse) reports today. Aaaaah pooh! Why wasn't I born rich instead of beautiful?
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 05:10 PM   #218  
Cynical RedHead

Default Freedom

Let's see - I know Janis said "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose."
And, I know we all have something left to lose, or we wouldn't be posting here.
But, Jimi says "Freedom, give it to me/That’s what I want now/
Freedom, that’s what I need now/Freedom to live/Freedom, so I can give."
Therefore - You want the freedom to make your own choices to better your life rather than feeling trapped by imposed societal choices.

Do i get a gold star?
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 05:15 PM   #219  
Never give up

Talking

Fish!! You are fabulous!!!! You are obviously on my wavelength and though that could be seen as grounds for commitment to certain institutions, I, see it as the highest honor!! It must be the red hair!

ROCK ON!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 05:26 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! I was invited to come join the group by...well...I can't remember her screenname, I spoke to her on yahoo. Anyway I think I'm going to try a challenge. I'm going to start off with an easy one. I want to drink 2 bottles (=2 liters) of water a day. I do good on gym days but then on off days I slack so this should be a good way to keep me going. I look forward to getting to know you all
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 05:33 PM   #221  
Never give up

Smile hello!!

stacy -- It was me who invited you! Out campaigning yesterday..
So, welcome aboard and keep us posted. A water challenge, we used to have lots of them, but things have been a bit dry around here lately. Glad to have you! Good luck!!
Old 11-11-2005, 06:18 AM   #222  
Never give up

Hi all. I'm wrapping up Day 2 of my new challenge. I was careful today, had a big salad too. Not much exercise at all, but with work and more work, that was inevitable. How y'all doing out there?!
Old 11-11-2005, 06:49 AM   #223  

I've wrapped day 1.
Should have had more water but I scraped through on what I had. On to day 2
Old 11-11-2005, 02:34 PM   #224  
Never give up

Early morning here. Raining out there, I hear. Trying to get out and see the horse, then in to work late. Shad, I see we're neck and neck here! And our weights are about the same. It'll be a good motivation. Makes me feel good to see someone else on kilograms too, not pounds. I feel less weird! Glad this is not just an American thread. Well, gotta run. This is my Day 3. Ah, it feels good to be back on track and not feeling too restricted. I like the feeling of choice. BTW, I had never heard of wheat bags but googled them and found them. mez, google wheat heat bags or wheat bags and you'll find them. Sound interesting. I would get one but my three feline "wheat bags" keep me warm when I'm sleeping so I probably don't need 'em. Still, may be nice.

Last edited by redballoon; 11-11-2005 at 02:40 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:09 PM   #225  

Ummm Red, you may get stampeded by the Canadians if you say 'just an American/ thread. They have a way about them those Canadians. But I know what you mean. Actually the Canadians can be quite good about kilos, centigrade etc. They just like to forget about them.

And I know what you mean about the motivation. Yes we are about the same height and weight. When I came home from Japan I had lost .5K however I see it is back. That's due to airplane bloat, planned no exercise days, lack of water and plain ordinary old slothfullness. It will disappear again after today.

Speaking of which. Time to get on with the day. Have a good one.