Old 04-08-2005, 07:25 AM   #121  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Hi guys!!

Yes i have an entire house full of critters.. lol 3 cats and 1 very bad german spitz.. i cant think of a time when i havent had some type of pet.. It hurts so bad when u lose one that u swear u wont do it again.. I did go 3 yrs w/o a dog.. when my lab Kandi passed away it broke my heart ..

Myah is happy to be home! thank u all for your get well wishes!

Guess what i got yesterday ??? A scale!!!! yeahhhhhh!!!!!

and i treated myself to a nice one.. a digital one from healthometer that tracks your weight and u can enter your goal

and a very nice surprise... my old scale was messed up and i have lost 3 lbs!!!

and its FRIDAY!!! woo hoo!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 08:28 AM   #122  

Gooooo!! Curly Locks!!
Glad to hear you kitty is home to recoup.
I have a house full of pets too.... Libby, a bichon frise, Willow, a yellow lab, Little Bear and Valentine black bear hamsters, Jellybean, a guineapig (who lives at school right now), Sadie, a holland lop earred rabbit and Bob the fish.

Got up this morning and tried on some jeans and viola! I can button them...although they fell a little snug around the waist....but I'm wearing them today!!

Lisa
LisaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 09:41 AM   #123  

Default Friday Fun

BAILEY7 - Sounds like you have a good plan. I like the whole dressing for laundry dilema, I hang my clothes in the back yard, so I have to at least put something on, often I am in my nightgown with my raincoat, which is funny to me as I wouldn't be hanging clothes if it were going to rain.

Hanging out at 188, and a very funny thing is happening. I am feeling the urge to get back on my lowcarb Atkins way of life. I am not sure about why, but I want a steak or grilled fish or something and some brocoli with cheese sauce. I don't really have time to think about this, I have a housefull this weekend, but it is kind of funny.

MMARIE - Welcome to the group and happy to have you here, I just want to say, stay away from the 2 land. I know that was my trigger this last time, I got to 196 and said I had to take control again.

LISABEE - Isn't it nice to be wearing all those clothes in the closet! The party is this weekend, it is for some friends who are coming up from Maryland for a wedding, and they are staying with us, she is my very best friend in the world and I have had trouble ever since they moved away. They have a year old and so many of their friends here haven't met her and I figure it is easier to have everyone over to our house and socialize with old coworkers and neighbors and stuff than for them to have to travel around and try to see everyone plus go to the wedding in one weekend. I did get the menu set, grilled sausages and jerked chicken, a pasta and sundried tomato salad, black eye pea and pineapple salad, black beans and rice, two cakes one for the kids and one for the adults, a Pina Colada cake, I have to have a slice of that. and then some odds and ends. It is supposed to be good weather so I plan to have as many people out in our little bitty yard to relieve the pressure on our little bitty house.

DONNA - "When I'm not doing well I have a tendency to stay away from the boards." This is the time you need to get online and check in and get recharged, you need us - we need you, so don't stay away if you are having a tough day, get on track, get on the treadmill and then log in.

LILLYBUTT - Oh those hungry horrors, and when at the office, it is just not possible to get up and walk them off.

CURLYLOCKS - Can we start a new thread soon? Over 100 posts is really long. How nice to have lost 3 pounds with the old scale. Way to go. Glad to hear Myah is home, how is the syringe feeding going?

Off to finish off the morning, Fridays are half days for us, so I can get the shopping done for tomorrow on my own, and maybe some cleaning up before picking up DD. I probably won't be online this weekend but will be trying to stay on program.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 11:45 AM   #124  
rightway

[QUOTE=bailey7Had a 1/2 cup light cottage-cheese and some brocolli and cauliflower for lunch. [/QUOTE]

Hi Bailey7,

I just ended my 1st week on SB and have had great success, but I'm wondering if your cottage cheese and veg. are a normal meal for you? If I want to lose weight in Phase II is that what I'll have to do? I know that won't be enough for me, I eat tons of food, and I can't believe I'm losing with all the stuff I'm eating.
rightway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 12:00 PM   #125  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightway
Hi Bailey7,

I just ended my 1st week on SB and have had great success, but I'm wondering if your cottage cheese and veg. are a normal meal for you? If I want to lose weight in Phase II is that what I'll have to do? I know that won't be enough for me, I eat tons of food, and I can't believe I'm losing with all the stuff I'm eating.
Hey rightway! I'm not on any specific diet except that for me this is working. I really think you guys should try this, it's very satisfying. I know it doesn't sound like a lot but it fills me up and if you're still hungry you can have a salad or fruit. By no means am I a vegetarian or want to be, I'm really a meat and potato girl but I really want to be slim this year for the beach. Last year, I was 204 and very uncomfortable. So, I guess you could say ,I'm on a mission
bailey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 12:30 PM   #126  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks to everyone for the nice welcome. Donna, I know how you feel about staying away from the boards when you're not doing good. It's hard to talk diet when your eating like crazy. Lisabee, congrats on the jeans. I swear losing weight is like getting a whole new wardrobe. Bailey, good luck on the mission. Rightway, if you're losing on SB and eating all their foods, then you must be doing it right. Enjoy yourself. CL, I'm glad kitty is home. I hate when my pets have to stay the at he vets and be in a cage. I feel so bad for them.

The scale still won't budge but I'm like Bailey - I'm on a mission - very determined so I will keep drinking the water, eating around 1400 - 1500 calories, and exercising. Yesterday I cut caffeine out and I can tell today. I'm sleepy and have a headache. I think it will be best though so I'm sticking to it.

I'm glad it's Friday and that I have Sat. Sun. and Mon. off. Work is slow and it's not healping the tiredness. Talk with you all later.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 12:42 PM   #127  
Staying in 1derland!

See ~*~40 Something's *~ #2
Old 04-08-2005, 12:48 PM   #128  

Yes, drinking lot's of water is what really sustains me, I drink a ton of it!!
Here's something that I whip up alot and it's very tasty. You could probably use more pasta but I prefer more veggies. I take about 20-25 strands of spegettini and cook it al dente, then throw in roasted red peppers and brocolli
flowerettes, make a reduction of chicken broth and add parmasan(just a little)
and toss everything together and if I'm in the mood, I'll put in 4-5 pieces of imation crabmeat or lobster. Yummy! It's very flavorable and pretty too
bailey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 04:19 PM   #129  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Whoops

Holy moley, I somehow forgot about you all! I must not have subcribed right or something. I knew "something" was missing in my threads. I feel bad for jumping in and then abandoning you. I hope it's okay. I'm still here (at work) and I'm still feeling pretty UP. I lost 6 3/4 at TOPS and I managed to get my turtle butt on my dreadmill. It doesn't have a motor and it's harder than you think. Just 1/2 a mile makes me sweat. A mile kicks my butt, but that's the point, right? Hope you all have a great Friday and a WONDERFUL week end!
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 12:03 PM   #130  

Hi, I am 41 and I'd like to join the group. I've been at this weight loss thing since January and I've lost 32 lbs, but lately it seems to be coming off slower and slower. It took me so long to get under 200, and now I feel like I've been in the 190's forever.
I joined a gym and I am trying to do 3 step aerobic classes a week, last night I did step plus a 20 min ab toning class - ouch! You still can't even see my abs. I keep telling myself that by the time I manage to work off all this flab I will be all muscles underneath.

LisaBee and Liza, I am from the South Shore too, I grew up in Randolph which was nice when I lived there but is not so nice anymore. I lived in Hingham too for a while, but now I am living in Kansas. I really miss home.

I have a lab mix named Lara, a cat neamed gracie, a cockatiel named peaches who never shuts up, and a little girl named Maya who is 8 going on 18, smart, precocious and the light of my life. I am raising her alone. She is very proud of how hard I am working and she tells me all the time how great I look. She rocks!

Reality hit for me when people start asking if I was Maya's grandmother. Then one night I was out with my best friend, who is age 41 and also overweight, and some inconsiderate loser asked if I was her mother. I cried for a a while about that but I really look so much older with all this weight. So I am doing it.

Here is some comic relief for you all: I was standing in front of the mirror the other day complaining to my daughter about how my boobs are hanging pretty low. She says "That's cause you don't have your tummy to hold them up any more." Out of the Mouth of Babes, right?
Sally
InvisibleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 01:18 PM   #131  

Tough weekend, though started ok. My allergies are really bad so I am having a pity party complete with the red eyes and sniffles.

HOTCUP - Do you have a Nordic Track treadmill, my mom does and it really was so much work for her, she gave it to my sister, though the grandchildren loved it when they were at her house. Good for you getting up and on it though.

SALLY - I think I must have abs, though you couldn't find them by looking at me. LOL. Welcome to the group. Kansas is so far from water for me. I just need to be near the shore for some reason, I know it is just habit. It is true, weight can really add years to your looks, your 8 YO and my 6 YO sound similiar, very supportive and very "mature".

I have a long workday today, but don' t feel badly, I had Patriot's Day, remember that one Sally, off yesterday. I didn't even watch the Boston Marathon. We went up to the North Shore to Kelly's Roast Beef, walked the beach and I got some relief from the allergies.

I am on track foodwise today, brought all my food since I am here until about 11 pm.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 05:49 PM   #132  
Staying in 1derland!

hi sally! nice to have u join us.. look for our new thread forty somethings #2 !!! I have a myah but she's a kitty!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 11:59 PM   #133  

hey, i'm new and 40 something. Turned 40 last November. where do I find 40-somethinS #2?

you should be some-thins get it? lol
Le Cheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 07:28 AM   #134  
Staying in 1derland!

lol thats a cute idea! we are on # 3 now .. come on by