Old 04-02-2005, 02:41 PM   #46  
prepare for the BEST time

Hi Everyone!

terrible weather for the NJ folks this weekend....... but I did my weigh-in today and the scale shows I'm down a bit over 13.5 lbs. in the last 2 1/2 months......

how about a daily thread to keep up with eachother? or if you have any other suggestions? (I couldn't find us at first, I forgot what forum we were in?)

have a great weekend!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 02:42 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofdenial
What kind of exercise do you all do? I try to treadmill during the week. I used to treadmill every day 4-6 miles but then my knees buckled up on me and that is sort of when my weight gain began to come back slowly at first.
I'm doing the eliptical for 20 min. then a rest then back on at a higher tension for 10 and 60-80 crunches. That's about all I can handle at this point but I'm confident that I will be able to last longer soon!! I cheated and got on the scale this morning and lost 2 lbs. since Mon. so that brings my grand total to 20 lbs. lost, 35 more to go
bailey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 03:47 PM   #48  

What's everyone eating today? I had bran flakes and banana and skim for breakfast, lunch was a smaller than a sandwich plate of pasta, roasted red peppers and a couple of broccoli flowerettes with a sprinkle of parm and a hard-boiled egg. Dinner will be cajun chicken breast with some cold shrimp.
Old 04-02-2005, 06:35 PM   #49  

Goodness this is an active bunch!!!! How much fun!!!

Well I went for an hour long walk this afternoon outside. I didn’t power walk but had a pretty brisk pace….trying to be gentle on the knee. No pain so I will see how it goes tomorrow.

What did I eat today…oh my…since I live alone…..I have weird eating habits, but here goes….Breakfast: 2 pieces of 40 cal. Bread with simply fruit jelly. Lunch: 2 more pieces of bread with 2 oz of deli roast beef and a chicken noodle soup at hand. Snack: 100 cal packet of wheat thins. Dinner: Lean pocket (sausage and pepperoni) and a slim fast candy bar. My, it looks like fruits and veggies are missing! I usually eat some everyday, but simply lazy today…..I will make up for it tomorrow! I am going out for a couple of drinks with a girl friend later, so wanted to save some calories for a few glasses of wine….a once a week indulgence! Still have a couple hundred cal to work with incase I need a snack later! Hmmmmmm I have some strawberries in the frig!

Lilybutt
lilybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 10:38 PM   #50  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Donna, hubby has tried to be supportive over the years as far as dieting is concerned, but to be honest I thinks he's now sick and tired of me constantly 'talking' about diets but 'doing' nothing. So, he's changed tact and decided to encourage me in the exercise department instead, which to be honest is what I need. I lead quite a sedentary lifestyle, I work part-time in a school and when I get home at lunch time I tend to slob around doing nothing! I really am making an effort to do more walking from now on. We have a large dog who needs lots of exercise so I'm determined to take her on longer walks when I get home from work. And at weekends I'm going on long hikes with hubby ... which kill me!!! ... but he keeps telling me it will get easier!!

Our friends visiting in the summer really has given me some motivation to do something about my weight ... as you said "shorts"!!! ... and God forbid "swimwear"!!! We live in an apartment complex which has a swimming pool which is due to reopen shortly now the warmer weather is arriving ... I'm going to make an effort to swim at least 3 times a week and walk every day ... and hopefully get a bit of a tan too ... the wobbly bits never look quite so bad with a tan do they?!

Well, obviously we have a bit of a time difference with the States, so I've only eaten breakfast so far, which was a banana ... usually I'll have cereal, banana/fruit, yogurt or a combination of two of these. Lunch is usually a salad sandwich with tuna or ham and sometimes a veggie soup. Dinner is usually a salad or veggies with chicken or fish, or sometimes pasta with salad, or stir fried chicken and veg with rice. I never used to eat much fruit but I find if I chop up a selection of fruits and leave a bowl in the fridge I can easily get in the necessary servings each day.

My biggest problem (apart from lack of exercise!) is portion control! I tend to eat more than my hubby ... and I pick at food whilst I'm preparing dinner ... and I tend to finish off any leftovers ... secretly of course!! This however is going to stop, right here and now! I've stocked up my fridge and kitchen cupboards with totally healthy foods ... I haven't bought anything that will tempt me. Even stuff that I've bought for the kids, like cookies (I always feel guilty if I deprive everyone else of certain foods just because I'm greedy and have no willpower to resist them!), I've bought ones that I really don't like ... and probably neither do they, so I dare say I'll be getting some complaints ... but if they don't eat them either, then it's doing them good too, right?

Sorry, I seem to have rambled on a bit here! Time to go and do some jobs I suppose!

Nichola
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 12:43 AM   #51  

Exercise....hmmm have to work at that. I have a treadmill and bad me...I taught my yellow lab, Willow, how to walk on it so that on rainy days/snowy days, I could get her exercised. She uses it more than I do! Now that nicer weather will be here (once this rain blows through) I'll take Willow out walking more often.

Today for B'FAST: I had 2 hard boiled eggs and 3 cups of tea. SNACK: a low fat cheese stick, 5 triskets, LUNCH: a South Beach choc shake (1 c 1% milk, 1/4 c ricotta cheese, 1tbsp peanutbutter, 2 tsp ff/sf jello choc pudding, ice cubes....blend). DINNER: Well...I over indulged!! Had a Salad with balsamic vinegrette dressing, had 2 scallops, 2 pieces of bread (a no-no), chicken Fresca (marsala sauce, baby spinach, garlic, roasted red peppers) green beans, tomato bruchetta topping (no bread) 2 diet sodas and a cup of coffe with 2 1/2 and 1/2 creamers. So....lots of water tomorrow and NO BREAD!

Lisa
LisaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 12:51 AM   #52  

Hi! I just joined yesterday, but have been reading different threads for the past week. I posted a thread in the "Buddy Up" forum... I got one reply.
Then I found this one.
I am very soon to be 44. I have battle my weight for yrs. I am 5'3 and now weigh 169. I work on my feet everyday and every pound I gain I feel in every step I take!
Its hard for me to stick to a diet...I work in a restaurant and food is plentiful. I work 9 1/2 hrs a day and by the time I get home, exercise is like "NO WAY"
Its so hard for me to eat healthy because I dont always have time to eat. Does that make any sense? There are days when I got to work, which is 5 am and when I get off at 2:30 pm I have been too busy to eat anything. Then I do the worse....I eat at 6 pm and 2 hrs later I am in bed.
I have taken step 1 and have cleaned out the kitchen of all bad foods. I have been doing alot of research on the low carb diet. Nothing white!
Starting Monday I come clean. I am going to weigh in.
lostintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 08:12 AM   #53  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

o wow that would be way too much temptation for me lostintx!! Maybe you can get one of the chef's to hook u up! so that if u have to just grab something on the go u will have something healthy waiting for u??
You should get a pedometer and wear it while you work just to see how many steps you are getting in.. I bet its a lot! they say if u get 10,000 steps a day thats all you need for weight loss if you watch your food intake..

ive said eating 3 meals has been the hardest part for me... i think the carbs are my down fall also! I havent cut them completely out but i am trying to cut back on them cuz i am a bread and pasta lovin fool... lol

and thats so true if its not in the house u sure cant eat it... lol i go hunting in the evenings ... but all i have is snack paks of jello! haha
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 08:21 AM   #54  
Staying in 1derland!

lets see yesterday all it did here in maryland was rain... rain and rain some more.. so i was watching some of the new shows on the food network "calorie commandos", weighing in" and saw a reciepe for a lower calorie meat loaf looked pretty good so then i started thinking i wanted some stuffed cabbage...

so my project today... I am gonna attempt to make the stuffed cabbage and do it without the rice by replacing the rice with grated carrot?? might end up being a mess hahaha

and i need to go buy a bathroom scale becuz i dont go back to the dr until june!

ok wishing everyone a happy sunday!!!!!

Old 04-03-2005, 08:48 AM   #55  

Hey all....46 here ... and fat

I've lost weight before...a LOT of it...many times. I'm a textbook case "yo yo" dieter...and it really has my system messed up. I started on the southbeach diet in September, 04 and have lost a little over 70 lbs so far and it's been incredibly easy. I love this WOE. I have soooo much more to go and that's the part that is hard to deal with. I have a closet full of beautiful clothes in every size all the way down to size 6 (at this point, my big toe fits into most of them). I'm aiming for summer, 2006 to be at my goal weight but I'd love to be in my size 14/16's at least for Christmas this year.

New to the board here.....my old one got swallowed up in a riptide or something...it totally vanished yesterday.

Thanks for being here.....support is one of the most important things as we continue this voyage to healthy living.
halfame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:51 AM   #56  

Good morning everyone! Just stopped by for a minute to see the new posts before I clean the bathroom then it's excersize. Hope everyone has a good day
Old 04-03-2005, 01:11 PM   #57  
Staying in 1derland!

hi halfame!

wow 70 lbs... thats awesome!! Im gonna have to checkthat south beach diet out! great to have u join us..
Old 04-03-2005, 01:17 PM   #58  

Well I over did it a bit last night on the drinks, but oh well, back on the wagon today! It is suppose to be in the upper 60’s so looking forward to going for a walk a little later. Otherwise, back to work tomorrow so back to reality for me!!! Probably for the best, but I am as bad as the kids when it comes to school breaks! I will start my count down to days left tomorrow!!!!

Hope all is well with everyone!
Lilybutt
lilybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 01:36 PM   #59  

mmm..stuffed cabbage does sound good! LOL! I am heading to the grocery store here in a little bit. I am armed with a list that I am sticking to. I have been going thru my low carb cookbook this morning and have this weeks dinners all planned out. Wish me luck!!
Halfame... thats wonderful that you have 70 lbs! You are definately doing something right!
Im even thinking about going to the park this afternoon and walking. Its a beautiful day.
Have a great day!
lostintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 07:19 PM   #60  
Staying in 1derland!

IF we could have seperate areas within our forum what areas would u like to cover? exercise, food, progress,receipes, maybe chat, and just a misc area?