Old 04-03-2005, 07:29 PM   #61  

has anyone found journalling everything you eat. I've tried and should be because of the diabetes but I hate it. One more thing to do. Seems focus always on food, meds, exercise. But when I'm busy, I don't think about it. But when I think about it, that's all I think about
I think I don't like to write it down, because I don't want to lie and it I'm honest, I won't like what I see the in me.

well, Ive got to go food shopping. I'll try to buy good stuff, the DH will by crap and we'll end up getting for dinner. my biggest weakness.

so are we going to break this into sections for daily menu's, exercise , or just let it all out here. seems like we have a good group going.

halfame, my doc wants so bad for me to do south beach, but i cant get into it. can I PM you with some questions?

gotta run, be back later ladies.
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 07:36 PM   #62  

Hi Donna...sure PM away. I love talking about the beachy thing.

I've found keeping food journals to be extremely helpful. I always posted my menus every night on my old forum and it was really valuable to get feedback, etc. There's alot of things we just don't see ourselves that some of the "old pro's" can pick out pretty easily.

I haven't really found a place on this board to do the menu posting...the folks don't seem to be using the journals for that I don't I dont to use up their server space just so everyone can see what I'm eating ( hahahah).
halfame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:00 PM   #63  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

I have the exercise... food.. and goal sections completed !!!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:05 PM   #64  

I keep track of what I eat on fitday. www.fitday.com I down loaded the $20 version.....but not sure I would do it again...the free online version is just fine!

Lilybutt
lilybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:39 PM   #65  
Staying in 1derland!

chat room is completed!
Old 04-03-2005, 11:13 PM   #66  

Default maybe we can post some chat times...

to make sure someone will be there. The problems with chat rooms is so much of the time they are empty. I think it is so cool what Curlylocks has done. I can't wait to check it out tomorrow.
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:46 AM   #67  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

I started my new lifestyle on Friday and so far I haven't written anything down, being a bit lazy I suppose, and also the fact that It can sometimes make me become obsessed with food ... it's in my every thought!! Right now I'm just trying to eat healthily and control my portion sizes, then I'll see how my weigh-in goes next Friday. However, I must confess that any previous success that I've had losing weight has always been when I've written everything down that passes my lips. It's so easy to convince ourselves that we're not overeating. So often I've had what I thought was a pretty good week, only to find that the scale hasn't moved, or worse, it's moved in the wrong direction! The following week I've written everything down and guess what ... I've had a loss. So, it just goes to show that we can fool ourselves but we can't fool the scales!! I'll see how things go for a week or two, but I might have to take my own advice if the scale doesn't start to move.

Nichola
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 06:57 AM   #68  
Staying in 1derland!

Question the chat

chat times to make sure someone will be there.

well lets get some ideas going on what we really wanna do with this? do we want to schedule times? days?

lol i can chat every evening...i love to ramble! probably after 7 pm now its getting nicer cuz ill be tryin to get my steps in

would one of the ladies who are home during the day like to make up some daytime chat time?

Last edited by curlylocks; 04-04-2005 at 07:04 AM.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:23 AM   #69  

Default Morning Monday

I almost couldn't find us again, forgot where we were located.

CL - Thanks for the site for us 40's, it looks good so far, you are the energizer bunny.

I didn't feel like going to the gym but I did anyway, now I can feel much better about the week and about myself. Also working towards getting the bikes back on the road. The last of the snow clumps should be gone and the sand cleaned up from the bikepaths, just not looking to wipe out the beginning of the season.

I made dinner for the family last night, pork tenderloin on the grill, brown rice and chinese stir fry veggies. And while this is all healthy stuff, low fat, good fats, high fiber and so on, I just ate too much of it. I need to get back to portion control. I looked at my plate after I served myself, and thought, this is not how the Nurtisystem plate looks.

CURLYLOCKS - Portion control is what it is about for me. I have always been a big breakfast eater, at the minimum like in the summer it is always cereal, milk and fruit, with juice. During the cold weather I always make a hot breakfast. Though DD eats the same cold cereal 7 days a week, for months on end then announces at the store, she wants another cereal. She ate Cocoa Puffs for 2 years. How did the stuffed cabbage go? Have you any brown rice?

Interesting about the blood sugars. I know when I was cruising on Atkins, I didn't get any lightheadedness at all, and didn't have any of the hungry horrors I sometimes get if I don't eat lunch by 2 pm. When I was pregnant it was awful, I would make DH pull into the first food source I saw, no matter what it was. I remember now that the best thing for me would be a hamburger, protein and carbs, put me in shape again, or else a yogurt, the protein and carbs again.

I did break 190 this weekend, I am at 188-189 for three days, I have a really old scale, but at my weight, I just need the big picture. I am so happy about this.

DONNA - Looking forward to a wedding is great fun, though as the mother of the groom, don't know how much fun that can be. Do you get FIT TV? They have a series on Buff Brides, I love it, I watch it whenever I can, I find it inspiring and amusing what people put themselves through. Some of the brides look great when it is done. As for diet plans, there is a survey somewhere here on 3 Chicks or on the web which asks a series of questions to determine which diet plan would suit your needs and lifestyle. I will try to hunt it down as well. As for DD, she is a wholehearted supporter of mine, she says and does what it takes for me to get thinner and healthier as she says and she does put those two things together. I second the journaling on FITDAY.com. It is free. It may be easier and you can get reports for your goals. I use it when I am not using the NS site.

LISA - Welcome to the 40's. PreK teacher, I can barely go with DD's first grade field trips as a parent. I don't know how you all do it. I do much better with the older kids. I live in Cambridge Mass, glad to see another Mass. girl. How about those Red Sox, are they going to break our hearts again???

QUEEN D - I recommend stationary bike riding for you. It sounds like you need to build up your quads, the thigh muscles, which will help a lot with your knees and ankles. I know it may sound odd, but the stronger your quads the easier it is to use stairs and get up out of chairs and such. Similarily with your back and abs, they are so closely related, a tight ab will reduce back pain. Keeping up with everyone gets easier I find once I can find the thread, LOL, and as I get to know people.

BAILY 7 - Breakfast today was oatmeal with raisins, had a cheese stick, a bunch of water, and a cup of decaf so far.

NICHOLA - Swimming is a great exercise, it really does tone you up.

Part of my portion control planning is going to be using my Tupperware more often. I am going to measure out the portions into Tupperware and only eat measured food, no more filling up the plate for me. I am just not that hungry.

LOSTINTX - Planning is the key for me, I do so well on those weeks I have a plan, following the plan is not my problem, just getting to make the plan is.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:56 AM   #70  

Good Morning everyone! Hope yall had a great weekend. SugarCube... I too have a problem with portion control. This stems from a mother who firmly believed in filling your plate full and then not allowing you to leave the table until your plate was cleaned. My God, when I think back about it now...I was eating HUGE portions as a child!
Your tupperware idea is great! Premeasuring your portion sizes is something I will definately have to do.
I got my groceries bought yesterday and am planning on doing some cooking today. I am so proud of myself for making this first step! I thank all of you here for this too. After reading your posts yall have given me knowledge and the support I desperately need!
I slept in late this morning and my schedule is all off whack. I am going to do my weigh in tomorrow morning and post it and get started.
I have been reading about keeping food journals. I think it would be so helpful.
I think when CL gets our new sanctuary completed we will have a journaling area. Thanks CL!!
lostintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:58 AM   #71  
Staying in 1derland!

how did everyone do over the weekend? i did well no cheating.. but it rained all weekend so not really any exercise... Bailey how are u doing.. im wishing i was home!!! haha

mondays are busy for me at work so .. ill be sneaking in now & then !

BUT i will be in the chat room tonite if any one wnats to pop in! @ 7 ish eastern !!!
Old 04-04-2005, 12:03 PM   #72  

I also took my first of the month measurements on Saturday, an inch from the bust, waist and hips, and a half inch from my arms. My clothing is feeling better overall.

CL - I did well on my food choices over the weekend, I do take off on Sunday afternoons, so I had a bowl of popcorn, with real butter and a diet coke. I know it slows my progress, but the house was empty and I had a couple of hours to just read and relax.

I am getting ready for houseguests next weekend, it is a perfect kick in the rear to get the computer/sewing room straightened up. It is also going to be the temporary nursery, so I have to fit the crib in there as well. The project is a lot of up and down the stairs to store more things in the basement.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:23 PM   #73  

Hello All,
This is my first post ever as i am a total newbie on this site. It was wonderful to fall upon this thread for those in their Fabulous Forties! Sometimes I forget what it is to be my age....maybe you guys can help me figure that one out.
I have been lucky in that i was able to lose weight far easier than i had ever imagined possible, because before i began my most recent descent into the world of regular retail sizes i had all but given up on ever being able to lose an ounce, or to stop gaining for that matter. But then...(audible sigh)..i met the love of my life. For Her i felt i could do better and be better, even though she loved me as much at 280lbs as she does now that i am 140. I am still struggling with my food demons even as i have lost all the weight i need to....but maybe not all i want to...that in itself is another story. Anyways, i am glad to be here, and am looking forward to becoming familiar with other 40's threadies. Until next time...
nebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:36 PM   #74  
rightway

I'm looking for a recipe that I read on-line and now I can't find it. Has anybody seen the one for turkey bacon wrapped ground beef/sirloin patty? I can cook if I have a recipe to follow, not sure if I can just shape a patty and wrap with bacon?

This weekend was my 1st SB weekend. Saturday I think I ate every possible approved snack I could, I couldn't stop eating. It was a mind thing, I wasn't really hungry, by Sunday I was over it. We went to the movies and this was the 1st time ever that I didn't have candy at a movie, and I got through it just fine. I brought my own snack - lightly salted peanuts and it got me over the mental thing.
rightway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:43 PM   #75  
Staying in 1derland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebula
..i met the love of my life. ..
awwwwwwwwwwwww BIG SIGH Im still looking for mine........ but thats so romantic!!!