Old 04-04-2005, 12:50 PM   #76  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Default whats everyone eatin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey7
What's everyone eating today?
so far .. i had a bowl of cereal for breakfast... a bananna on the run .. a big salad for lunch... and i am looking forward to some more stuffed cabbage for dinner!!

i buy 3 or 4 kinds of cereal and mix them all together lol speciall k with red berries, raisin bran, grapenuts, kashi go lean, umm something with peaches and almonds cant remember the name of it .. hahaha

p.s. still didnt get my scale! dang it!

clubhouse
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:01 PM   #77  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Hi
Can I join in? I hit the big 4-0 last September and love it!! Although i am very close to my goal weight i can definatly be supportive of others at the other end of their goals, coz i've been there!!

The year before this i found myself over weight, literally got my holiday photos back and was looking like i was zooming towards a mega middle age spread. I had a double chin, knees that ached when i walked and that comfortable look of someone who was happy with life....hhhmmmmmm I had never had a weight problem before, and was determined not to be fat and 40, so i signed up with 3 fat chicks and started the Atkins WOE (I'm wheat intolerant - so it was perfect!) Now i'm not saying it was easy, and the excersice still doesn't come easy but....it has defiantly been worth it, i'm sooo close to my goal weight (but just can't seem to get there - yet!!) I feel better now than i have for years...no menopausal symptoms, fashhionable clothes i want to wear, and i can still play around with kids and dogs like i did in my 20's!

I found this thread by chance and have had a good read through it, and would like to give you my two pennies worth (pennys rather than cents as i'm in the UK!). I was given support through one of these threads (Scales Addict Anon) when i started losing weight and i found it invaluble to come in here and 'own up' to what i'd eaten every day, it definatly stopped me picking if i knew that i'd have to tell everyone, and the smug feeling i got when i could truthfully say that I'd eaten well all day was worth it. So maybe that would be a good idea... a sin bin to be thrown in if we're naughty
My advise on exersice would be to walk...if oyu've all got dogs, that 's the best type you can get, and the dog loves you for it...I've only got a little yorkshire terrier but a 30 minute walk 7 days a week is brillaint that's 3.5hours a week. I have started to wear a pedometer and it's amazing to see how many step you actually do, and how much more you are encouraged to do when you check it throughout the day....if your aim is 10,000 steps, you really push yourself to try to reach it, it's like someone constantly tapping you on the shoulder telling you to walk a bit further,not to take the lift etc. The best investment i've made, better that the years of wasted gym membership!!

Well that's enough of my ramblings for one day...hope to catch up with you all again tomorrow

tulip
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:27 PM   #78  

Hi
I found you guys and would love to be in your 40 somethings club. Thanks for the invte. I turn the big 40 on Wednesday. That is also my weigh in day of my TOPS group. I was the leader now I am weight recorder. I follow the ww points, I find this the most successful for me.
I know what to do I just need to apply it. I have decided that this year is my yeaar of change, 40 is going to be great and the year I lose and keep off this weight.
It is raininf here so no walk outside today, I guess I will have to do a tape. Better get busy with that. catch you later
barbie40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:37 PM   #79  

Welcome to Barbie and Tulip. I have to agree with the walking advice, it is fast, easy and cheap. Most of all it works. I live in the city and I save so much time walking, don't have to find a place to park.

Last time I lost weight, I am fortunate, this is my second time around though much much slower, I used Weight Watchers for my maintenance. I kept the weight off for a real long time until I dropped all my good habits.

Enjoy your tape if it's raining.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:40 PM   #80  

Default Hi!

Hi everyone!! I can't join in the fun till Wed. as hubby's off for 2 days and I have to spend time with him but I'll be back on Wed. morning. I didn't have breakfast today but had an Arbie's roast beef sand. and some curly fries while we were out shopping. For dinner I'll just have some vegies and a little pasta. No exercise today, it's my one day off but will do it again tomorrow. I weighed in at 183 this morning which is down 3 lbs. since last Mon. and I feel psyched!!! Anyways, this place looks like it's really happening now, Hi to all the newbies, it sounds like everyone is committed and like I said I'll be back soon to catch up. Everyone, be good!

P.S. Boy I'm gonna miss this
bailey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:08 PM   #81  
Staying in 1derland!

WOW 3 lbs way to go!!!!!!! see u wednesday!!!! enjoy ur snuggle time!
Old 04-04-2005, 04:16 PM   #82  

Sugar Cube..thanks for the advice on stationary biking.. I happen to have one of those as well, I might give it a go this time around!

I feel awfully depressed, I weighed in today just to see and it showed my up 3 lbs since really really trying to log my WW info and stay within my points. My WI day is Wed, so perhaps it will go down a bit if I can make a good poop..
Queenofdenial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:52 PM   #83  
Staying in 1derland!

ummm greens? spinach, kale..
Old 04-04-2005, 05:01 PM   #84  

I'm back! Busy weekend and sick kids! bleh!!! Now I am starting a head cold too.

Welcome to all the new newbies!! I love that this group is building and talking!! I was on other threads where no one posted and I was getting discouraged until I found this group.

Sugar Cube: Hey Liza!! Yep, am on the South Shore in Bridgewater. I do like working with these little pre-kers. They come out with funny stuff!!
Let's hope the sox give em all a run for their money again this year. I am looking forward to opening day for the Paw Sox at the end of the month. (only baseball we can afford these days! LOL!)
I am on South Beach too but having a time shedding the lbs. I'm down 10 now and that took 4 weeks. I think I need to write out a menu and follow it to a tee! I think I ate to many nuts daily or too much of something!

Ok time to get my daughter off to her support group for bereaved children...it will be sad when it ends in May as she has made some good bonds.

Lisa
LisaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 07:07 PM   #85  
Staying in 1derland!

Default all done!

Our little web home is pretty much complete... I would like everyone to let me know if they have some ideas of things to add.. its no trouble I tried to incorporate everything i saw mentioned...

One thing i am wondering do we want to put a password on an entry page?

OUR little web home
Old 04-04-2005, 09:45 PM   #86  

I would'nt password it yet. Wait until everyone gets there and then if we start having any problems then think about it.
Thanks again for the nice chat!
Everyone need to go check it out! CL has done alot of work to give us a nice place to post and chat!
lostintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 09:14 AM   #87  

Default Tuesday is Weigh In Day

Weighed in at 188 so I am really happy with that, I do need to be more careful with water to keep that going.

The alarm volume is turned down on my alarm clock, so I overslept, guess I needed it, and have to rely on my pedometer to encourage me towards 10,000 steps. I am at 914 steps with driving to work. I plan a lot of walking at lunch.

QUEEN of D - Getting started in a new way of eating does take some time, especially with complications. Maybe you should just take it easy, focus on one thing and do that one thing really well. For me, usually the water is easy, though lately I have to become more focused on it. Then move onto the portion control, make a committement to only eat what you know the point value for, even if it goes over the points allotted for a day, write it down. Just because you don't doesn't mean you didn't eat it, But most of all don't beat yourself up, it doesn't burn calories.

LISA B - Oh yes, the sick house syndrome, sounds awful. We love the PawSoxs too, it is so kid friendly, DD can take about 7 innings at this point and she loves to play around with the other kids at the games when she gets bored, it really is a fun day out for us. It seems that 10 pounds in 4 weeks is really good, more than 2 a week. Anyway, you can find another group for DD, I didn't realize that your lose was so recent?

We are up to 86 posts plus on 3FC, how many to a page, I have good internet connections so it isn't a problem for me. We may want to consider going to another thread, either by the week or # of posts.

Long day today, I have packed my food, I don't expect to be home before 11 pm tonight, then again tomorrow, two meetings back to back, luckily my SIL will take DD with her to my neices's soccer game, then her son and DD can play which actually works out for my SIL. By Thursday I may be fried, but I have company for the weekend and still haven't come up with the menu for the party, expecting about 25 so I guess I should give this a think.

Off to start my day.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:32 AM   #88  
rightway

Hi Everyone,

I have lost 5 pounds as of this morning. I'm sure it's water weight - but I don't care what kind of weight it is, I don't have those 5 lbs anymore. I'm wondering how many pounds ya'll lost before you felt it in your clothes?

Another question, how do show my weight loss in my signature? I went to edit signature but didn't see anything where I could change the pounds so I just did a new one.
rightway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 10:34 AM   #89  
rightway

And my new signature didn't work. I hope I'm not too old to learn new stuff on the PC. If I had kids I could ask them but since I don't, I'm at your mercy.
rightway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:27 PM   #90  

RIGHTWAY - congrats on 5 pounds, whatever it is you aren't carrying it around anymore. I think I read that 10-15 pounds is a clothing size, that is exciting, you are well on your way. I think that realistically it depends where you lose it from first. For me, my face gets thinner, so I guess I need less foundation. While you are in the code, move the curser along the long gobblygook until you find the numbers, then just retype the numbers you want and you won't have to redo the code unless you want to change with the seasons or holidays. Also remember to take out the old code, and then scroll down to the bottom to the submit signature.

I have had lunch and was really hungry when I started but feel much better now. Black beans and rice over salad. It was great, I threw on some cheese for some protein and calcium.

Pedomoter update: 6,055 steps so far today.