Old 03-31-2005, 11:21 PM   #16  

Hi all!!!!

I would love to join…….I am 43…on my…..single, never married, no kids, just kitties! Career girl I suppose! I was at al all time high or 320 once……but lost 100 pounds after a nasty breakup with a long term boyfriend……gained some back, but have managed to keep in under control! I did start dating again, everything we did revolved around food so keeping it in check was hard……again another bad break up……now I am with some one who really supports my diet and exercise…a new thing for me!!!! And it is good. My main problem is the all or nothing thing. I can be so good and stay on a diet (I count calories….between 1200-1600 a day) for weeks at a time, then one day eat one thing to pull me off the program and wham!!!!! The flood gates are open and hold me back!!!! Then it is so hard to get it back. This week I am on spring break and away from my routine and it has been soooooo hard! It will be nice to share with you all!!!

As far as being over and 40 and finding it harder…..definitely…… I find exercise definitely helps…but then that is harder…a lot more aches and pains!!!! Oh well, the alternative isn’t any better!

Lilybutt
lilybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 06:48 AM   #17  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

hi lily

320 was my all time high also! i lost... regained and now im taking it back off... i have 3 kitties and avery bad dog! single, no kids... and sounds like we have had similar experiences..

i met the guy i am interested in on a big friends dating site, tho he works so much (getting a new company going) we dont get to go out much.. and maybe its just me but somehow i feel like if i were thinner he might make a lil more time for dating... or maybe thats just my lack of self confidence sneaking in....

its hard to explain.. i mean when we met he said u are cute as a button.. well thats nice but I want his eyes to pop outta his head and his tounge to drop to his feet hahaha!

i dont wanna be cute i wanna be a "sex kitten" hahahahaha

curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 09:55 AM   #18  

Count me in too! Going to be 45 at the end of the month and need to lose 40 lbs.
sanheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:00 AM   #19  
Staying in 1derland!

ok anyone have ideas of what they would like to do within this group?? umm weekly reports of weight loss? umm step challenges? maybe a walk across the US on the america on the move site.. as a group? activities we can do together?
Old 04-01-2005, 11:07 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlylocks
ok anyone have ideas of what they would like to do within this group?? umm weekly reports of weight loss? umm step challenges? maybe a walk across the US on the america on the move site.. as a group? activities we can do together?
Since I'm really new to all this (I mean everything, the computer, the dieting and the excersizing) I'm gonna leave that up to you and I'll just follow along, but I will input
bailey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:38 AM   #21  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Good morning ladies~

WELCOME Lilybutt, Squishy, Lynn & Sanheart!

Curlylocks~I too will let you ladies figure it out as far as what to do with the thread. I'll go along with just about anything. My WI day is Monday but there would be no problem in changing if you ladies wanted to have an officially WI day. Like the sound of a walk across the america on the move site. I am posting on a walking thread in the exercise thread so have made a goal for miles to walk for the month of April.

Squishy~didn't need to hear that one! 5% eh? I better do something now then and nip it in the bud. I definitely don't want to get worse and I don't want to stay the same.

Well, have a good day ladies, see ya!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:28 PM   #22  
hinky dink hopeful

S/C/G: 233/160/160

Height: 5'10"

hi,

i'd like to join you too. i'm 41. and like lilybutt - never married, no kids... just kitties. i've had weight problems all my life. or was told i did... when i look back i was really only about 10 -15 lbs overweight in high school. oh, what i'd give for that now! lol. i hit my all time high of 233 last year and decided enough was enough. i'm doing well with the eating. i tend to slack off a bit on the exercise though. so that's something i'd like to work on. although it's tough finding something that doesn't kill my knees. or feet. or back. (it's rough getting old!)

it's nice to meet you all!

kristin
mehitabelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:15 PM   #23  
prepare for the BEST time

Add me to the group please! I'm 48 and regained about 35 of the 60 lbs. I lost previously. I'm losing again, down 13# since January 15 (have to change the tracker-thingi). It is harder than it was 5 years ago! This time I have use a scrip (Meridia) to get the scale moving.....and my waist is the last place it will leave!

No meno. symptoms.......I get it every month...feel great these days, but i think the Meridia has an anti-depressant effect.

Divorced, s/p live-in boyfriend, s/p live-out boyfriend and one child age 24 (she lives out too)...Me and my Akita and 2 Maine Coone cats.....

One thing i've noticed that is a very big incentive to lose.....my face looks *older* with extra weight on it!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:15 PM   #24  
Staying in 1derland!

Hi Kirstin!!!!

WOW looks like u are making great progress!. great to have to joining in with us!!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 03:15 PM   #25  
rightway

I want to join! I've been reading the 3fatchicks website this last week and started my official healthy eating for life today. I'm not quit sure about all the posting or threads, etc. but I really need some weight loss friends. I figured out how to register and get a signature (I think, I'll see if it shows up in this message) so I'm doing good. I'm 45, body feels like 65 and I'm tired of it.
rightway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 04:38 PM   #26  
Staying in 1derland!

HI rightway!!! sounds like most of us are all getting started or re-started !!! this should be fun!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 04:46 PM   #27  
Staying in 1derland!

Hi marbleflys!!!

nice to meet u!! yep i think the extra weight makes me look older 2! i know it makes me feel older!! plus i guess we are at that age where the xtra weight begins to affect our health as well... OK together we will all be strong!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Old 04-01-2005, 06:29 PM   #28  

Hello everyone.. I'm in like Flynn ~

I'm 41 and seem to have much the same story as y'all.. I lost over 320 lbs about 7 years ago and kept it off until I got married. Now I've gained about 100 back. I'm at 285 right now and sure would like to get rid of 40-50 by the end of the year..and go from there.

Cristi04, I really like the mini goal ticker you have, and I want to add my two cents as long as it was asked what we should do for motivation and weight loss..I think the mini ticker is a great idea.. we can do 5 lbs or 10.. at a time. I see Cristi uses two tickers.. smart gal!

But I am open to anything. I'm a WW member and of course that has been an up and down experience for me, but I don't want to quit ~ b/c I know I can do this, I've done it before.

Glad to be aboard the 40s train! Choo Choo!
Queenofdenial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 06:46 PM   #29  

Oh my……I have had a lazy day….last day of my Spring Break…back to work on Monday! I love my job, but I really love time off! Doing much better OP today. Tonight my boyfriend is coming over so that will help me stay away from the snackies! I haven’t been exercising like I should this week…and I had all this time off, but nursing a sore knee. In my experience, letting it heal for a few days pays off much better than working through it at this age…..the weather will be nice this weekend so I will go for a few walks outside the next few days and see how it is…..has anyone tried that Glucosamine Chondroitin for joint pain? I am thinking about trying it to see if it helps. I am going to Europe this summer on a tour with a girl friend and I know it will mean a lot of walking…..I am physically up to that….except for my knee pain lately which I suspect is just a result of over working it. I may be fat, but I am fit as I say……I exercise very regularly…..not to the level a “normal” sized person would….but I walk 2 ½ miles-2 ¾ miles in 40 minutes, or swim ¾ mile in 40 minutes, or bike for 40 minutes 4 times a week…so I do work out regularly….and I think I just over did it one day and now have knee pain. I really want to pick up the walking for the next few months before I go so that I am able to keep up with the group without foot or knee pain and wonder if this supplement will help…anyone try it?
Lilybutt
lilybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:08 PM   #30  

I have not tried that particular item for joint aches. How exciting to be going to Europe..what countries will you be touring?
Queenofdenial is offline   Reply With Quote