Old 02-18-2005, 12:33 PM   #61  

Hello everyone! When you feel like quitting, know that you are not alone. We can all hang in there together! I have fallen of the weight loss wagon many times but somehow manage to get back on. I have just tried to work harder. I lack self-discipline and have really been trying to stick with my program. I have found that it is very helpful to keep a food journal with my exercises in it. I also am sure to keep a rewards page in the back of it as well. I reward myself for the small things because the small things equal weight loss. If I keep my food journal I reward myself with a new lipstick or cd. The posts that all of you write have also been very helpful. It is hard to stay positive and upbeat when it is 10 degrees outside! Thank God for Leslie Sansone! I also run the stairs in my apartment building too. Remember that we can be our own worst critic or we can choose to be our best coach. If only I could work on that snack before bedtime....
subpremeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 03:22 PM   #62  
shannon

Hi everyone. One last check in before I leave. Will try to check in over the weekend, but not sure if I can.

Today was much better than yesterday! I am excited that it is the weekend, finally!! I have plans to go see my brother this weekend and maybe catch a flick!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Tootles
shanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 06:35 PM   #63  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Talking Yo!!

NBK, welcome back!!!! I missed you big time!! Get your butt in here toute suite and tell us all about your adventures, you groupie you!!

Last edited by redballoon; 02-18-2005 at 06:52 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 08:59 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

NBK - welcome back!! Sounds like you had a great vacation! Can't wait to hear the details

Shannon - I hope things smoothed over with your co-worker. It an awful feeling when you think you've let someone down or gotten them in trouble. I'm sure he knows you're the goodhearted person you are and has forgotten it already! (just in case - open no ticking packages for a few, okay ) I'm sure he'd fine. You were probably much harder on yourself than he was.

Guys - the garden thing is overwhelming me. I have this HUGE space and so much needs to be done. I know I can't do it all now but it's just so hard to figure out where to start! I keep seeing things are getting excited - only to remember that I CAN'T do that either....this year I do intend to have the veggies garden though. Just a lot more that needs to be done to the yard....gaps in the privacy trees - landscaping around our house and around our back deck......figuring out what to do with this slope that grass seed won't grow on.....ug. Sorry for whining - at least it's keeping me busy and I haven't had time to eat bad food.

okay, BF and I bought board games tonight and we're going to play now. Check in later
little grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 09:26 AM   #65  
stormy1

Hi everyone! i am at school right now. So just a quick hello!

NBK, I want all the details about the meeting with Scott and Slash. Did you get pictures? I hope so. By the way, we did miss you!

Shan, I ordered a couple of the bootcamp ones from the Billy Blanks store. I broke down. I guess I am addicted to these home exercise videos.

GH, good luck with your garden. I am sure it will turn out great!

Subpreme, you have done wonderful in your weightloss so far! Keep it up!
stormy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 03:45 PM   #66  
Never give up

Wow, no action around here again. Where is everyone? Losing momentum it looks like. Stormy, glad you popped in. Sure wish I had room to do videos and stuff at home but there is absolutely none.
I am losing enthusiasm again. Mainly because my routine has been disrupted for work that doesn't pay and I don't want to be doing but feel it is linked to possible work in the future. Have to go to the racetrack today, which means I can't ride. Was going to ride yesterday but was rained out. I hate not being able to go out and see my horse and ride. Also, can't get to the gym. Really depressing. On top of that the light in my room is broken so it's really dark. There is no light coming in to the room. I don't have time to try to find a light and getting it home on the train is a problem. Really, I was at a store last week trying to get a little table and they only deliver on their terms, which means it's impossible for me because I'm rarely home. The only other way to get it home is to have it mailed by special delivery service, which is expensive. Really, life in Tokyo really sucks a lot of times. Oh well, rant, rant. I am down on life again, my life. Really wish there was some talk going on here that would help lift me up. Guess everyone has other things to do. Grasshopper, your garden dilemma sounds enviable. Just take it section by section. You don't have to have a giant, blooming, vegetable-packed garden right away. What kind of veggies are you planning to grow. We always had the easy ones, cukes, stringbeans, tomatoes. Pumpkins are fun and easy too. The ground was very claylike where I was too. Really, putting in all sorts of stuff can be avoided if you stick to plants that do well in the soil you have. If you want other things though, that's when you have to change the ground. Well, hope we get some people in here soon!

Last edited by redballoon; 02-19-2005 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:50 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! I had fun all day today playing in the yard. Did I tell you BF gave me a Tree Pruner for V-day. I used it all day long. I'm so tired now!! Worried because there are diseased trees all along the property line and it's on a line that the neighbors seem to think is their property - it's clearly ours....we have several different ways to prove this but they are old and they don't care about our "proof" I hope we don't have to take those trees out...it could get messy. We don't need that part of the yard..not like we're using it. I'm fine with leaving it there and letting them grow old in peace, thinking it's their yard....but if the tree is sick enough it's making the rest of my trees sick - it's got to go.

Okay enough about trees. We have decided to not do a full garden this year. Mostly because of cost and the other things that need to be done here. There really is a lot that we want to do - basic landscaping stuff to make our yard more private and nice. For one thing - there is a HUGE pile of dead tree limbs mixed with leaves that borders one side.....HUGE! We burned stuff all day today and it doesn't look like we made a dent in it. Oops - I'm back on trees again....sorry.

garden - too much money in soil amendments. RED - you're right about the native plants doing better - that's true anywhere, but our clay is so hard that it chokes out the roots of new plants pretty easily - it gets to dense - so we have to add all kinds of stuff to give it space and drainage. I'm going to focus on my rose garden (already mostly done) and a border that doens't have much for privacy right now - I've already picked the bushes and will pick them up next week and get them in the ground.

okay - as for food - not great. Cheat day today though. My weight is up but after vacation and then weekend away, I was expecting it to be. I have been good about exercise though. I am going to the gym this week every day - like it or not....I have a light schedule this week. Also I added a veggie mix to my daily stuff - make sure I get my veggies. I have a habit of coming home and deciding I only want meat for dinner. I'm hoping this picks up the slack.

Red - I hope you're feeling better. I'm sorry the weather and work are mucking up your plans! I wish I could send you some of our weather. It's beautiful outside!! Don't let this derail all the great progress you made last week!! You're doing great - good luck with the lamp too! Living in the dark isn't good

Everyone have a great weekend!!!
little grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 03:43 PM   #68  

hello! Umm welll I can't stay too long here right now, I have like a billion things to catch up on at work and my boss is being very friendly (i am scared). Anyway Yes I did meet Slash of G'nR fame and Scott Weiland (oh yeah) from STP, but being the kiwi that I am, I was breaking enough social protocols here to even talk to them, let alone ask for a photo! (we have this whole ignore famous people thing happening in NZ) but it was awesome...the concert rocked too. Anyway i think I'll do red's trick and write up a holiday report in word, (so i looks like I am really doing proper work) and then post it. But I'm pleased you missed me! he he!!! ooh yeah, despite feeling like a fat pie the whole time I was away, I got back and I was 73.6 kg!! and am still 73.8 this morning.. now I was up to 75.4 before I left, so either I have lost a truck load of muscles or being on holiday agrees with me!!

toodle pip
Tiff
HAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 03:51 PM   #69  
Never give up

Heh, NBK, waiting for that report. Great to hear you lost weight too! I'm just up (out of bed). Have a ton of work to do too. Will check in later. Grass, hi there!
Where is everyone?! Crime girl, still studying hard?
Old 02-20-2005, 09:04 PM   #70  

Hello everyone! I am so sick of snow! I am ready to do my walking outdoors, but the weather has been rather uncooperative. I can't wait for spring. Other than the snow, things aren't going too bad here. It's nice to see that everyone is hanging in there. If you get away from your program, just get back to it. I think that always getting back to my program has helped. In the past, I would just say forget about it and have another candy bar. The thought of controlling my diet and exercise previously sent me running to the fridge until I saw a picture of myself : ) I am trying to get into somewhat good shape by my birthday. If I lose 25 pounds by July that would be nice but I'm not going to beat myself up about it. For some reason, everyone seems to think that I don't need to lose anymore weight, but I am sticking to my program. My next step is to add at least 10% to my cardio program this coming week.
Red- hang in there...you could be buried in snow with very little sunshine like me ... : )
if you can't work out, march in place in front of the tv for a little while, it's better than nothing and it may cheer you up a bit
subpremeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 10:50 PM   #71  

he he he.. i have this picture of red singing the "grand old duke of york" whilst marching, arms swinging to a really seedy japanese anime program.. or that japanese game show for masochists, ENDURANCE!!!

holiday report still coming..i think i have food poisoning.. nothing wants to stay down today...
HAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 02:35 AM   #72  
Queen of Yoyo weight loss

Height: 5'10

Arrow

Hello Everyone,

Ok I am now ready to get focus on my weight issue. I don't eat alot, I just eat the wrong things. Sugar and I are old friends, however my newest friend is Diabetes So I now have no choice but to get it under control. I have paid up my gym membership for the whole year and I now have no excuses.

It's now Sunday night at about 11pm.......So Monday morning I am going to get on the scale and see where I stand. I will start my work out regimine on February 28th and I already have my sights set on a skinnier me. I am real excited about getting started but I know I will need motivation to to stay excited.....because the Hostess Honey Bun keeps calling my name

~Tae
Tae2tas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 06:16 AM   #73  
Never give up

Smile 13 down, 27 to go!

Hi people. Finishing up Monday here. Going to write this, then do some more proofing work before I write some more posts and emails. Otherwise I just sit here writing emails and don't do any work! Have to force myself. Well, I got through the day at work and this is Day 13 of no sugar, no nuts etc. on my four-way Lent thing. Even yesterday at the track, despite lots of beer, I turned down sweets and nuts (not hard because the nuts were in little packs with tiny dried fish. Ugh. So, I've stuck to it and I can't say I feel better because at the moment I don't but that is mostly due to the residual hangover and lack of sleep. The other day I had taken a measure of those pants that I wasn't even able to close the top button on. It was a full handspread (thumb to pinkie) apart. But yesterday I tried them on and I was able to button that top button. Ok, so the zipper is gaping madly but still. . .of course this was before all the beer but I do think that cutting out the sugar is still putting me way ahead of the game.

grass -- talk about trees all you want. I love them. hope you can put in some quality time for yourself this week because of your light schedule. It's so nice to be able to do that. Thanks for the encouragement. Though it was hard work, a lot harder than I imagined before, I did see some progress last week so I'm just going to try to keep it up. These past few days, though, work and schedules are really getting in the way of exercise. Still, it's the long haul that counts, right?

NBK -- why do you think your boss is being so friendly? What's up do you think or were you just joking? Male boss? So, you felt like a fat pie, did you!? Well, glad the scale is down. Probably you weren't stressing and stress eating and you may have been moving more so yeah, maybe a loss is possible.

subpreme -- thinking warm thoughts for you. When is your birthday, July? yes, maybe I'll try marching in place a bit. And NBK, don't laugh!

Tae2tas -- welcome!! Ouch, diabetes, huh? I'm sorry to hear that. What do you have to do? Do you need to get shots or can you control it with diet? I'm not too up on these things. I am a sugar freak myself and at the moment I've been off it for 13 days. I went off a for a year but slipped back into bad habits. You will have SO much more energy, clearheadedness and few cravings when you go off sugar. I would try to cut way back on caffeine at the same time. They really help each other, the lack of them. The two together fuel each other. There's a no sugar thread over in the clubs forum. I may stop in there as well. Maybe you'd like to be around people who are getting sugar out of their lives. I'm doing it now basically for Lent, but not a religious thing, really just an excuse to get my eating under control. I must easily pack away over 1,000 calories a day of junk sugar food when I'm on the stuff. I'm a vegetarian but I think this is my downfall. Well, good luck. You can do this so just stick with us. We'll help you stay motivated. Remember, Hostess Honey Buns don't love you. They are NOT your friends!!
Old 02-21-2005, 09:07 AM   #74  
shannon

Default Morning

Hi, all...How is everyone?

I had the worst weekend. My eating was horrible! I came off a stressful week and it spilled over into my weekend. I was so bad, I didn't even weigh this morning! I was afraid of what I'd see. So, now I feel awful and I have a stomachache to boot!

Work seems better this morning. I sat down with my boss on Friday and we talked some things over. Maybe things will get better now...

Little Grasshopper - Glad you are having fun with your tree trimmer...what exactly is that? Is it hard to use? I have a ton of trees around my house and all of them could use some pruning. The previous owner of my house had a plant fetish. I have found flowers and rocks in the oddest places...next to the house, in the yard, and the weirdest...in the woods. Why would anyone want to plant flowers in the woods? He was a very weird man. I had to repaing the entire house b/c he had it painted in the worst clown colors ever. Lime green in the hall, pink and green in the living room, maroon and green in the bedroom. It was a nightmare!

Good luck with the garden/planting. I say do what you can this year and then expand next year.

Stormy - Don't fret the addiction to at home workout dvds! At least you are moving! And, its good to have something you like and enjoy to exercise to. It makes getting up and doing it a lot easier!

Hope school is going well for you.

NBK - Glad you had such a great time on your vacation. Can't wait to read your write up!

Congrats on your loss, too! Isn't it great to go on vacation, have a great time, and come back to a loss! It doesn't get much better than that!

Red - Sorry you are having such a rough time. What kind of light do you have? I hate it when you go to a store, where you are spending your money, and the people won't work with you on the delivery! Do they not understand you are doing them the favor by spending money at their store! What are you going to do? How are you able to do your proofing without light?

Hate it that you couldn't get to the gym or the stables to see Heidi! Maybe you could look at it as a small break from the routine..maybe a shake-up to keep it from getting stale?

Did you bet at the races? Why do they put fish in their nuts? That's really weird and gross!

Hand in there, girl!

Tae2tas - Welcome. Looks like you are doing well with your weightloss beginning. Hate it about the diabetes! This is a great thread, so you will get lots of support here.

CrimeGirl - Guess you are still studying! Good luck with your exam!!
shanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 09:18 AM   #75  
stormy1

Good morning!

Tae2tas-Welcome!!! Diabetes prevention is one of my reasons for wanting to lose weight. It runs in my family and I do not want it! Are you on insulin or do you take pills such as glucophage? If you start eating the right things and exercising you will get in under control. We will be here for you to help you lose that weight.

GH-I bet your garden will look weight. Plus, gardening is a great way to burn calories!

Red-Hooray on not eating that sugar, despite the beer! Keep it up and do not forget to hit the gym. Remember our challenge!

Shan-so your eating wasn't perfect this weekend. That is okay, just get back to it this week. You can do it!

NBK-are you crazy! No pics! Who cares what they think of you? You LOVE Scott so you should have got a picture. LOL! Glad that you had fun. Where is your trip report?

Subprin-Good luck with your added cardio. You can do it! It will really help the weight come off faster.

CG-good luck with your exam Tuesday. You are half way there!

Ok I am off to work. I'll check in later!
stormy1 is offline   Reply With Quote