calories: 1390
fiber:28 grams
fat: 37 grams

exercise: 45 min. cardio/sculpt video
20 min. Pilates
25 min. yoga

Old 07-27-2004, 08:18 AM   #92  
deleted2

Looks great, Ceara! All those fruits and vegetables---gotta love that!!!

Old 07-27-2004, 12:30 PM   #93  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Hello fellow Calorie Counterettes!

I have taken a few days off from typing and posting, but I'm back now.

I stayed on track while I wasn't posting though, and I'll post my calories for the day later on! Ciao for now!
Old 07-27-2004, 12:56 PM   #94  

Knock knock!?!
I would like to know if I'm still on time to join your club...I dieted for a while and lost 7 pounds but I've gained 3...I want to lose 15 to 20 pounds. Let me know if I could join you...I'm trying to eat within 1200-1500 cal a day.
Good luck to all

Kisses
maat
Old 07-27-2004, 02:16 PM   #95  

Hiya!

Welcome, all new members! I've really enjoyed posting to this thread, and hope you all have an equally great experience.

I've been away for several days, but I'm back now. My journaling has not been great, and I've been eating some junk. My exercise was intermittent. My pulled hip muscle is much better, at least. And I seem to be doing fine, in the my-pants-still-fit sort of way. However, that won't last if I don't get back on track.

Last night was good; I ate shashimi and a very little rice (sound familiar? It's the same place I went last Tuesday. Yummy.). This time I only had a few pieces of unagi. That stuff has 45 calories per piece, mostly from fat! This morning I lifted weights, and today's calorie count is good, about 500 so far. That gives me a little wiggle room for dinner.

Now my goal is to get back to running in the mornings. I might try running every other day, maybe then I won't flake out so quickly. Or going for 45 minutes instead of a full hour.

I am going to banish my bathroom scale to a closet. Whenever the weight starts to dip down, I start getting lazy. I think I need to just go by how my clothing fits and concentrate on building good habits, and weigh myself every couple of weeks only. This means I won't have progress reports as often, but it's what I need to do, I think. Also, I need to figure out how to use my scales body fat measurement feature; it's why I bought the darn thing in the first place. I'd much rather see my fat percentage drop than see any weight loss, anyway.

That's more than enough for now.

Cheers,
Old 07-27-2004, 08:14 PM   #96  
deleted2

Default Tuesday

coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
2 whole wheat w/ pimento cheese, spinach, peppers
apple

banana w/ peanut butter

Mexican lasagna
Pria bar

whole wheat tortilla w/ lite cheese, vegs.
Thai cole slaw
lo-fat ice cream w/ blueberries

calories: 1500
fiber: 31 grams
fat: 48 grams
exercise: 30 min bellydance video

Old 07-27-2004, 08:18 PM   #97  
deleted2

Maat, glad you found us! How's it going? I remember you from the 21-Day thread, the one I had to drop out of because I just couldn't find my groove. Dare I say "I'm back, Baby!" I've got 12 good days behind me so far. Feels good!

Old 07-28-2004, 07:04 AM   #98  

Today was a bit easier still let some bad choices get in but there almost gone now , out of sight out of mind sort of speak!
Tues. 1 hard boiled egg
1 carmel cafe 110 cal.
1 bowl chicken noodle soup
mozz. cheese , tomatoe , pepper salad w/ vinegar and olive oil
goulash
1 roll w/ little butter
1 piece of carrot cake ooops!
few tortilla chips needed a crunch!!!!!!!!
Total est. calories 1600 still a bit high but I am working on it! Any ideas anyone. Its when I get home from work where the problem lays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Skyfirefly
Old 07-28-2004, 07:16 AM   #99  
my dad made me1 from wood

Hiya guys,
Thanks for letting me join...
Tuesday I did ok I was trying to only eat 1200-1250 cals i went over but not by much i ate 1278 cals... We had mcd's i got a happy meal but still that was like 500cals and 20 something grams of fat..
Ill post more later must make hubby his breakfast before he goes back to work...
heather
Old 07-28-2004, 12:30 PM   #100  

Schorchin, hey, you did a great job! What's 25 cals anyway, about 1 apricot or a couple of pieces of hard candy? 1200-1250 is a tough range, so congrats!

Sky, I have the same problem, evening eating. I tried working out in the evenings for awhile. It didn't work out great for me, but some sort of planned activities in the evenings might keep your mind off snacking. I look forward to hearing advice from others on this topic, also.

Yesterday was great. Kept portions reasonable, didn't clean my plate, and didn't snack after dinner. This wasn't easy, since my husband decided to eat pizza at 10pm.

Today is looking great. Ran on the treadmill for an hour (over 7 miles, whoo!). Brought a salad for lunch (the spinach salad with apple and gorgonzola recipe from this website). Tonight is dinner out with family, so I just need to be careful tonight.

Have a great day.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:29 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in a couple of days so I will just sum it up by saying that I have been pretty good keeping my calories around 1500 - 1800 per day.

You all sound like you're doing great!

Lynn
Old 07-28-2004, 09:23 PM   #102  
my dad made me1 from wood

i didn't do good at all with calories i went over by 226calories think it mostly coz we had to wake up at 445am oh well ... Sounds like everyone else did great.. . well, I'm gonna go clean up and all that good stuff...
Old 07-29-2004, 07:08 AM   #103  

jumping back on is tougher than I thought it would be. I have made some choices which haven't been good. Afterwards I think why did I do that? Oh well the unhealthy snacks are on the way out and I'm not replacing them. Still trying to get back to where I was up 2lbs. OH!!!!!!!!!!!
Wed.
2 eggs , 2 dry rye toast, potaoes
coffee
salad with little blue cheese dressing
Home:
squash saute in a little olive oil , little butter and garlic, feta cheese
a handful of tortilla chips the last of that bag!
chicken breast, 1 small baked potatoe
1 ice cream bar
appox 1600 cal. I am not sure how many calories I should be at? I am 5'7 and 170lbs. any thoughts anyone? I am sure mine are off. Years ago when I did counting fats it was 30 fats, 30 fibers?????? Oh well I just need to eat healthy and not let those bad things in.
Skyfirefly
Old 07-29-2004, 07:52 AM   #104  
deleted2

Everyone's doing so well. Even the so-called slips don't sound that bad!
I'm doing well as far as my calorie intake, but am feeling a little distressed-- since I've pulled something in my left hip I'm not able to get in any truly sweaty aerobic workouts. I really miss it; I'm doing what I can, trying to find the balance between breaking a sweat and 'taking it easy'. Still doing yoga, pilates, etc.

Here's Wednesdays':

coffee w/ fat-free 1/2 and 1/2
scrambled egg beaters w/ spinach, peppers, onion
2 soy 'sausages'

Mexican lasagna
Thai cole slaw

ww tortilla w/ lite cheese, vegs.
Thai cole slaw
lo-fat ice cream w/ blueberries

snacks: 1/2 choc.-dipped banana
wha guru chew

calories: 1405
fiber: 28 grams
fat: 47 grams [higher than I'd like]

exercise:20 min. dumbells
15 min. yoga
30 min. Pilates

Old 07-29-2004, 01:51 PM   #105  

Hey, Scorchin, we must be on the same wavelength; my fire alarm went off this morning at 4:30am, for no reason whatsoever. Argh! Getting up at that time is no fun. Of course, I couldn't really fall back asleep after that bc I had to get up at 6 anyway.

Last night wasn't great, I had a cocktail, steak AND dessert. whoops. Today is going fine, had a great morning at the gym lifting weights (and no soreness from yesterday's run, thank goodness), a small breakfast and a light lunch, and there are no fancy dinners to resist tonight.

Bye for now.
Closed Thread