Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 02:24 PM   #46  
Empress/Queen

Welcome, Skyfirefly!!! So glad you've decided to do the Calorie Clublette thingie with us!!! I think you're right about calories, fat and fiber all being very important so guess it'd be good to diary those, but for me personally, it's too much work!

Hello to all, mentioned and unmentioned. I need to get off here and do the paying work now, but thought I'd post my goal for Friday: 1800-1899! Huzzah!
Old 07-16-2004, 10:07 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hello Ladies:

I am keeping with my daily calorie limit of 1600. Although I should be making better choices. That needs more work on my part. Also got a bit of walking in today - not sure of calories burned - maybe around 100.

Have a great weekend!

Lynn
Old 07-17-2004, 02:07 AM   #48  
Empress/Queen

Well, I didn't make my target today but am not discouraged and am continuing to focus! Calories: 2895 (stressful day). Exercise calories: 240 (worked out with trainer)!

We can do this!
Old 07-17-2004, 08:36 AM   #49  
Empress/Queen

My Saturday Goal: 1799
Old 07-17-2004, 07:37 PM   #50  
deleted2

I'm happy to say that I've had 2 very good days--I could get used to this!

Friday-July 16
calories: 1515
exercise: 20 min. yoga/pilates***30 min. step video

The thing that I'm really happy about is we were out in the world all day, but we ate really well! Went out for lunch at Qdoba's and had them leave off the cheese, and we didn't miss it at all, so that was a revelation!

Saturday-july 16

calories: 1370
exercise: 45 min. cardio/sculpt video

Again, we were gone all day but held out for real food when we got home. I did bring fruit fo us to eat, so we didn't starve. That's definitely not allowed in my universe!

I have to drink more water. My water intake has been pretty dismal lately. Other than that, everything's on track!

Old 07-17-2004, 08:47 PM   #51  
Empress/Queen

Unhappy

E for two good days!!!! I shall reread thy post about being out and about and eating well next week as that's going to be my goal ... I have several business lunches and need to learn how to calorically cope with these better!!!

Edited: 1945! Exercise cals: 180

Last edited by Amarantha2; 07-18-2004 at 12:03 AM.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:22 AM   #52  

Eydie, that's fantastic! Seems like planning ahead is the key to healthy eating. There's a big party in my honor tomorrow, and it's going to be catered with all of my favorite foods. So I'll want to stuff my face, right? I just have to remember that I am the center of attention and don't want to look like a pig. And i'll have to remember how sick I'll be of the food, no matter how good it is, because we'll be up to our ears in leftovers. And I don't want to stretch my tummy out because I want to look good in my dress. Parties really are my weakness as far as eating goes... a combination of being around lots of food, and being uncomfortable with some social settings makes for a Piggy Abby.
I don't think I posted yesterday. It was kinda bad... 1644, but I did my basic routine (sit ups, push ups, running for 5 mins, etc) AND walked around the development (about a mile and a quarter, covered in a leisurely 20 minutes).
Today my calories were kind of low- 1133. But I never felt hungry. I did my basic stuff, and later my boyfriend and I discovered a new game called the Eye Toy where you use a webcammy-thing to play games on your TV screen via the playstation 2. I wouldn't classify it as exercise, bt my breath got pretty heavy and my arms were tired after playing for a while.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:52 AM   #53  
i luv my dog!

Default Calorie counting question = recipes

I was wondering if anyone knew of a website where you can type in all of your ingredients for a recipe and get an accurate calorie count for a serving size? Thanks
Old 07-18-2004, 12:08 PM   #54  
Empress/Queen

A broad abroad: Fitday might do that, dunno. There's also MyFoodDiary.com (I think that's what it's called), which does have a small fee attached. I'm not sure if those specifically have what you're looking for.

Abba, your numbers look good, IMO!

I bought a new scale with a bodyfat analyzer per the trainer's request and the numbers don't look so good. It weighs a little higher than the other one, but anyhow I'm hocus pocus focused focused and ready to go as best I can for a new week!

Calorie Target for Sunday: 1700!
Old 07-18-2004, 06:52 PM   #55  
Empress/Queen

Ok, per a long-ago request of E for low cal delicious stuff we come across, I have to report that the low carb EAS (AdvantEdge) nutrition shakes I like have come out with a "Coffee House" line: 110 cal for 11 oz Cafe Caramel, 15 g protein, total fat 3 g (no sat, no trans). The only thing is it doesn't say how much caffeine is in there, just lists "caffeine" ... I've emailed the company as I'm not supposed to have caffeine at all, but a little doesn't seem to hurt me. BTW, this isn't spam, I don't work for EAS and don't care if you buy their products!

My calories today are 1150 so far! I'll just edit in the total later. No exercise.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:57 PM   #56  
deleted2

Empress, where do you find these EAS shakes? I love coffee-flavored anything--and I had no idea that the calories would be so low. Are they pre-made in cans or is it a powder you have to mix?

3rd good day for me--I ended the day with 1400 calories. Took the day off from exercise today except for 15 min. yoga. Truth is I'm VERY sore for some reason---I think I may have overdid it with my new "Firm" videos. I guess I threw myself into it a little too much?

Old 07-18-2004, 08:45 PM   #57  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

I have stayed on track everyday

I also got weigh and measured at Curves yesterday, and here are the results: (drumroll please....)

Measurement/This month's loss/Total Loss

Bust: 36.5"/-2"/-4.25" ( nothappy about this one!)
Waist: 28.5"/-3.25"/-6.5"
Abdomen: 40.75"/-1.25"/-5.75"
Hips: 41.5"/-2.5"/-6.75"
*Thighs: 25.5"/-2.5"/-3"
*Arms: 12"/-2"/-4"
Weight: 185#/-13#/-35.5#
Body Fat%: 27.6%/-5.9%/-6.5%

* Keep in mind the measure is a single thigh/arm and the loss is the total for both

I am sooo excited! I have met my August 1st goal about 2 weeks ahead of schedule! Nantucket here I come! Woohoo!
Old 07-18-2004, 09:05 PM   #58  
Empress/Queen

Talking Yo!

Ok, rather than editing, I'll just do my report here: 1670!

Eydie: They sell 'em everywhere, but the cheapest place is Wal-Mart. They're in aesptic paper packaging just like all EAS prepackaged shakes and you can find them with the other AdvantEdge products. (Again, I don't sell 'em, just have used a lot of EAS). They're also on the EAS website (but my advice would be not to order them there).

Jenn: Your numbers look really good!!!! You seem very fit! Great job!

Made my grilled chicken/corn/spinach w/diet mayo salad in the mini processor and made sandwiches on low cal 100 percent whole wheat bread ... enough to last for the week ... and froze. Even with the mayo, these stayed fresher in a cooler when they started out frozen. Sandwiches are 110 cal each and very filling.

Another portable meal that I had yesterday was one of those packets of water-packed tuna dumped into a bowl, one tablespoon ff mayo and heavy sprinkle of dried dill on top, grape tomatoes on side. I'm thinking of packing the ingredients for tomorrow night's dinner before a meeting.

Little packages of Cheerios double for good for snacks at 100 cals. Having one of these now. No more cals left in plan.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 07-19-2004 at 01:07 AM. Reason: More cals
Old 07-19-2004, 07:24 AM   #59  
deleted2

Jenn, you're doing great! Isn't feeling fit the BEST?

Amarantha, thanks for the info. I'll definitely look for those the next time I brave the wilderness that is Wal-Mart! Hey, it sounds like you've got some great food plans for this week! I'd love to know what else you some up with.

Weighed myself this morning and it looks like I've been able to drop a couple of pounds--so I'm back down to 137 lbs. So I'm happy--can't let up now!

Keep counting, friends!

Last edited by deleted2; 07-19-2004 at 07:27 AM.

Old 07-19-2004, 01:23 PM   #60  

Default Weekend Progress - sort of

Hello, Ladies!

Congrats to Jenn, and everyone else who had a good weekend. I think I was lucky enough not to gain (much, anyway). Friday night was BAD, calorie-wise, but it was dinner and a concert with friends, and I knew it was coming. My Friday morning exercise counter-acted most of it, I hope.
Saturday and Sunday there was no exercise for me; if I don't get out of bed in the morning, it just dosen't happen. Anyway, my eating was sporadic, but evened out, I think. I kept my portions smaller. Saturday I skipped dinner because I'd had so much other stuff. Didn't miss it.

Fitting into my 'thin' pants now. This is the danger zone for me, I lose weight and I feel happy. When I'm happy, I eat. :0 I want to stay in these pants this time! Besides, they are still a little snug. Must Focus!

My goals for this week:
1) exercise EVERY morning (and tonight as make-up),
2) keep track of calories more closely,
3) get weight bench and set it up downstairs for strength training
4) non-diet goal: get financial aid straightened out for school starting next month (those rat b@#*ards).
Closed Thread