Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 12:41 AM   #76  

1112 today.
You were right about the fluctuations, the extra weight came off and a little extra... and now I'm at 116.5, so I officially lost five pounds since June 18! That's more or less a pound a week. I know you're not supposed to get on the scale every day, but I'm doing it as an experiment and using a spreadsheet to "smooth" it and show the gradual change in weight. It really works as motivation for me.
My calorie count has been pretty low, much lower that my 1400 goal. I didn't even post yesterday's count because I was afraid people would be concerned about me being anorexic or something (it was something in the upper 900s). I am NOT doing this intentionally. I'm still in "figuring out my baseline" mode, meaning I eat regularly all day and don't record it until nighttime. Sure, I try not to eat when I'm not hungry, and I also try to make mostly smart choices, but I'm not really trying to get very low calorie numbers. So, two things could be happening: I could just not need that many calories, or I could be underestimating. It's probably a combination of the two.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:56 PM   #77  
Empress/Queen

Congratulations on the weight loss, Abba, and on continuing to make smart choices!

2145. Did go to gym.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 07-23-2004 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:22 AM   #78  

Yesterday- 1497. Over goal, but at least it balances out the lower-calorie days.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:40 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone,

Fridays calories = about 1000. Sat breakfast calories = about 700

I have decided to make my August focus not so much quantity but quality. I feel like I have been pretty good about cutting calories/junk but I need to make better choices. I should be eating more veggies for sure. You ladies seem to be doing excellent so let me ask....did you find it difficult changing over to healthy eating habits? Did you make small changes or dive right in and change everything at once? I feel like if I do the latter, I will blow it and I don't want that to happen! Any tips. advice would be appreciated.

Everyone have a great weekend!

Lynn
Old 07-24-2004, 11:53 AM   #80  
deleted2

Friday's calorie total was 1800---and I feel really good about that since we were gone all day. Also, I got up really early and did my workout [30 min. Pilates nad 20 min. upper body stuff] because there's no way I would've done it at 8:00 PM when we got home.

I'm thinking of posting my food journal again here if that's okay with everybody. Don't want to bore you to tears! The accountability thing really helps me.

Youre doing so well, Abba and making good choices!

You're doing splendidly, Amarantha! What workouts are you favoring these days?

Lynn, to answer your question---I'm an all-or-nothing kind of gal myself. I just have to jump in and do it with no tapering off! When I was at my heaviest, I had a 'healthy' diet: vegetarian for almost 20 years, good whole foods---the only thing is I ate way too much and also had an occasional secret junk food habit! I've tried lots of things over the years and counting calories has been the best thing for me--and exercise, of course.

Old 07-25-2004, 07:52 AM   #81  
deleted2

Default Sunday--July 24

coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
scrambled egg beaters w/ spinach, onion, peppers, 1 tbsp. cheese
1 pc. fat-free cornbread
cherries

whole wheat pasta w/ tomato sauce, 1 tbsp. feta
steamed brocolli, peppers, onion
1/2 cup lo-fat ice cream w/ 1/2 cup chopped cherries, 1 tbsp. chocolate syrup

2 whole wheat rolls w/ soy 'turkey', fat-free cheese, spinach, onion, peppers, cucumber, onion, ff Italian

1/2 cup low-fat ice cream w/ 1/2 cup blueberries

CALORIES: 1485
EXERCISE: 3 mile walk
15 min. Pilates

Old 07-26-2004, 06:56 AM   #82  

Well today I am going to take this seriously and jump in. I have just finished the last of the birthday celebrations yesterday. My hubby will have to eat that left over cake. I also find it important for me to journal my foods. It has worked for me in the past I will try to do the calorie count also and see how it goes. Today will begin my journey of better choices and exercise.
Skyfirefly
Old 07-26-2004, 07:14 AM   #83  
deleted2

Default Sunday

coffee w/ fat-free 1/2 and 1/2
3 lo-fat pancakes w/ 1 tbsp. maple syrup, 1/2 cup blueberries
1 veg. 'sausage'

1 bottle Propel
Salad [lettuce, vegs, chickpeas, soy 'turkey', lite cheese]
cherries

1 cup raisin bran

1 cup whole wheat pasta w/ tomato sauce, brocolli, feta
1/2 cup low-fat ice cream w/ 1/2 cup cherries, choc. syrup

calories: 1475
exercise: 3 mile walk
20 min. upper body

Old 07-26-2004, 08:33 AM   #84  

Yesterday= 1240. That includes... a 730 calorie cinnabon. Yuck.
Eydie, isn't Propel the best stuff ever!
Old 07-26-2004, 09:03 AM   #85  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Question

Hi guys.

Can I just journal on here? Since I'm a calorie dunce? Let me know.

Ceara
Old 07-26-2004, 09:59 AM   #86  
my dad made me1 from wood

Hiya,
i was wanting to joining too. i try to keep cal between 1200-1500. I read most of the post on here and it sounds fun... anyways, please let me know. Heather
Old 07-26-2004, 12:36 PM   #87  
deleted2

Ceara and Heather---yes please, the more posters the more support for us all!

Abba, Yes, I'm a big fan of Propel water. I think it's too sweet on its own so I cut it with plain water. It definitely keeps me drinking more!

Old 07-26-2004, 11:43 PM   #88  

Today was one of those "I want to eat everything in sight" days, and everything in sight triggered cravings of everything else not in sight. So my total is 1377... which seems like a low number, but I definitely do NOT need this many calories to maintain my weight.
I'm going to be having a chat with the boyfriend about, how if he's hungry when he's with me, he should eat the thngs he likes that I don't so I won't want whatever foodd he gets.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:42 AM   #89  

Boy jumping back in was harder than I thought still too many goodies around the house from birthday parties. I was really hungry when I got home from work today. I think my a.m. calories were pretty low and then when food was available it was hard to not eat it!!!!!!!!
Cafe Carmel Advantage
1 hard boiled egg
salad w/ low fat dressing
1 deviled egg
1 luna bar low carb/ low cal
cheese, baked tortilla chips w/salsa, goulash 1 1/2 cups, 1 small piece pizza plain
1 2'' piece of carrot cake,
I'm not sure if I figured this correctly w/ just est. around 1600 calories. I guess it could of been worse. But at least I posted and this is a start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Skyfirefly Haven't ventured the scale not til Thurs. I figure gotta give my self a little time to reflect!!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2004, 08:09 AM   #90  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Cool

Food for Monday July 26

1 c hot skim milk/instant coffee
1/2 c shreddies (mixed into)
1 c ff yogurt and fresh fruit (blueberries, cherries, pineapple)

2 c salad greens and veggies
2 tsp dressing
1 oz feta cheese

2 laughing cow wedges (90 cal)
10 fresh cherries

1 salmon pattie
1/2 c cauliflower
1 tsp ff dressing
3/4 c ff yogurt and fruit mixture

1/4 c blueberries
10 cherries
2 oz imitation crab