Old 08-24-2004, 02:21 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Stay At Home Moms #224 Tuesday :)

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 02:25 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Ok Ladies

It is almost 1:30 now..... so where the heck is my brain to think up a question.....lol

I woke up to potty and now I have been up for almost an hour.....

QOTD:
What is the biggest opstacle keeping you from staying on track today?

I think mine is that I bought Hunter a bunch of school snacks and they are now in the house..... But I need to realize that just b/c they are in the house doesn't mean they are FOR ME!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day

Leigh,
Hope you and dh are having a great trip!

I will check in later on day
Old 08-24-2004, 08:04 AM   #3  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning

QOTD: I haven't been OP since June because of this pregnancy. So getting on track DURING my pregnancy is harder than when I'm not pregnant.

Okay, Geri, Win a Date With Tad Hamilton was a definite chick flick. Tad was played by a guy that played Leo on All My Children and he is HOT, HOT, HOT.

Penny, sorry you were up so early. Hope you got some more sleep. How was Hunter's first day of school? Kindergarten?

Michelle, sorry you were so tired yesterday. Hope you got some rest.

Hello to Mel, Leigh, Cindi, Spryng, Jaymi, Jill, and everyone else. Hope you all had a great night.

I'm 17 weeks today and I go to the doc at 2 pm. Can't wait to hear from dh either, I'm hoping and praying they find some work. I'm so excited about it. I would love to pack my bags and just move. I'll let y'all know.

Hope everyone has a great day.

TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 09:10 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

So Crystal,
Is today the day you find out about the sex of the baby??

Let us know We can't wait to hear how your appt went!

Ok Ladies..... I am totally back on plan today! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!

Gotta Run to town this am... Hunter had an awesome first day yesterday They divide the class in half and half went yesterday and then the other half today..... then they all go tomorrow..... That way the teacher gets to know them a little better....

Anyhow, tomorrow is the first snack day.... and Hunter's first.....lol Go figure.... So Walmart here I come
Old 08-24-2004, 09:11 AM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

OH BTW,
I will keep your dh in our prayers for work
Old 08-24-2004, 09:21 AM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Thank you Penny. Prayers are needed. I don't know if I'll find out the sex or not. The doc said probably in September, but I think it's close enough. We'll see.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:21 AM   #7  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone! Very short post today! I can answer the QOTD right now... I am feeling sooo sick! So that will probably keep me from exercising today.. Yesterday, I stayed in the bed all day until it was time to pick up my son, then after buying milk from the store, and taking those tapes back to the Library, I came home to cook (which took everything I had) and my dh called and wanted me to go with him to see the football game. I didn't want to go at all! But I knew he did.. so since he invited us ALL I decided to go. I felt a little better when I got there.. probably because I ate a barbued porkchop and potato salad, and two brownies! But I'm feeling crappy again. I HATE TOM... it's coming probably tomorrow. Unfortunately this will continue until after it's over.. which is 6 days later! I could take some midol... but that might make me too hyper...and woohoo.. that won't be good either! Anyways I ate a bowl of cereal so far... and I want to go lay down and take a nap when my daughter does. I've been decreasing my exercise way too much, but 15 minutes is better than none, so I at least want to strive for my 1 mile WATP tape or something!! I really hate not being able to participate like I want to.. but I will try to find time in the evenings after my son get's off of school to update. I hope everyone is having a blessed day today!

P.S. Crystal- can't wait to find out about the baby!!! Boy or girl.. which one do you want?!? Don't say it doesnt matter either! I know deep down you are hoping for one or the other!!

Spryng- I'm sorry to hear about your cyst ...that sounds sooo painful!! I hope you are feeling better! What causes that anyway?

Everyone else.. sorry I missed you!!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 09:38 AM   #8  
SAHM of 3

Jaymi, I would love another boy. They are sweeter and funner than girls, but mostly because it would give Andrew a brother. I have two girls and two boys would make it perfect. But I feel down deep that it's a girl. So that's okay too, Andrew can by my BABY!!!
Old 08-24-2004, 10:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

I'm having the hardest time keeping up, lol. I only got to get on the computer once yesterday when I posted, dh ended up staying until yesterday evening so we left the house for the day. Then it stormed all night. But here I am!! LOL. I'll try and catch up but I think I may just have to start from today's thread. I have so much housework to catch up on. It's terrible. Anyone up for a cleaning challenge today sometime??

QOTD-- my dh makes it hard to stay OP when he is home because he feels I deserve a break and likes to talk me into things I shouldn't have. But sometimes I stray when he isn't home and usually it has to do with TOM cravings or I just feel bored because I'm losing so slowly now and not seeing any visible results. But I will keep plugging along!

Crystal, I found out with Ava at 18 weeks along that she was a girl, so I hope you can find out today. Plus I've been making you something in pink so I hope your intuition is right! LOL. (I was keeping it a secret... but I'm bad about that, lol) Some docs won't even look at less than 20 weeks. I went in with Bubba at 19 weeks and they refused to look saying it was too early. I didn't find out with him until 23 weeks.. it was torture!

Penny, what are you doing today? So glad Hunter is liking school!

Jaymi, did you get to exercise yesterday? I didn't. I hope to get some in today.

Well... kids begging for breakfast. Sorry this is short! I'll keep up today, I promise! LOL. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 10:46 AM   #10  
SAHM of 3

Well Spryng, so far the doc has done a sono EVERY time I've been in there. In fact, that's how they track and monitor the heart rate and everything. It's so different from the midwife. In fact, I never got a sono except one with Ally to know what she was and one with Andrew at 5 months, cause the midwife couldn't get a heart beat and wanted me to go in.
Fixing to start school. Gotta go.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:25 AM   #11  
Walking away the weight

Good morning gals Posting from a hotel in Houston and about to make our way to San Antonio. I can't post too long, but wanted to check in. We had a scary event yesterday . . . we got in a little auto accident! We were driving through Houston heading West on I-10 during rush hour. I'm so thankful it was rush hour and traffic was very slow- like 10-15mph, stop and start. I was in the backseat with Liam entertaining him . . . suddenly I heard a big crash and was propelled forward in my seat. Liam was jostled around, but okay in his car seat. DH yelled out something, but I don't know what. Liam was crying from being startled . . . DH asked, "Is everyone okay?" I said yes. Then we pulled over. Apparently, a semi truck smashed into us, and pushed us forward into the pickup truck in front of us. I have never been so grateful for small miracles because the damage was bad enough that I can't even think about what might have happened if everyone had been going full speed. The car looks very bad - front and rear are smushed, rear window shattered - but the passenger cabin is intact (it's a Saab, and they are designed to do that).

I'm so glad no one was hurt at all. Also, I think the woman in front of us (in the pickup) was a guardian angel or something because she was soooooo nice and went above and beyond the call of duty to help us. She took me and Liam to a hotel, took our luggage, helped me check in and unload the bags . . . (this was while DH was doing the police report).

I was freaked out though because I kept thinking about what might have happened to Liam. I know that happens whenever one of our children has a near miss or something like that.

Anyway, the Insurance company has given us a rental car while ours is being fixed in Houston, so we're going on to San Antonio. I must say, people in Texas are extremely nice (just like Crystal and Cheri ).

Penny- I'm not sure how this impacts our return trip, but I'll call if we still can stop in your area and see you

I've missed everyone! I have to try and log in again soon in San Antonio so I can see what happens at Crystal's doc appointment!

I've been only medium OP . . . and last night I had to have a stiff drink after all that LOL. Anyway, maybe we'll work out some in San Antonio. I miss you all!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 11:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Wow Leigh! That sounds sooo scary! Semi's are dangerous vehicles! Did you find out why he ran into you? was he just not paying attention? Dh is always extra careful in his truck because he knows it's lethal. What are you all going to do in san antonio?? Sea world??

Crystal, well, he sounds like a very nice doctor so I hope he at least tries to take a peek!

Ok, for those of you on ww... did you know there is a new option for it? It's called the Core Plan, I'm still learning about it. Since I don't go to meetings it makes it very hard, lol. But it works like this.. you have a list you can eat off of (it's alot like southbeach without the two week beginning phase) and you don't have to count ANYTHING! You just eat off that list in moderation but you still get your 35 flexpoints and AP's to use on whatever you like. I did get an unofficial list from a dear lady today so if anyone is interested email me and I'll send it to you. I think I will start it this week. I still have to read more about it first so I'm not flying blind and end up gaining, lol.

OK, gotta start on my housework. I've been so sidetracked with this new program!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 12:08 PM   #13  
soontobethin

Good morning. I don't have an answer for the QOTD. I exercised this morning before I took Eric to schoo, got my house work done, and have been on track with my eating. So the answer would be, nothing. I have been tired today for some reason, so its been just a lazy day.
Spryng, I'm interested in that program. BTW, I was in Joplin on sunday. MIL was in. I hope you enjoyed the weekend with dh.
Leigh, I am so glad eveyone is ok. Sounds scary though.
Jaymi, I hope you get to feeling better.
Michelle, working all those hours. Do you like it?
Crystal, that would be great if you found out what you are having. Of course, I was so sure my last one was a girl. Turns out, it wasn't.
Hi to Geri,Angel,Melinda,and anyone else I missed.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 12:32 PM   #14  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good morning ladies.

Leigh: So glad to hear everyone is fine after the accident. That can be so stressful. I'm with you on having a stiff drink afterward Hope it doesn't take them long to get the car fixed.

Crystal: Hope you get what you want.....the only one I got what I wanted was the first one, but finally got a girl with the last, then still waited 17 months to get my tubes tied.....so I am done with that.

Penny: So glad Hunter enjoyed first day of school. Mine start tomorrow, then dd starts preschool next Wed. She can't wait. She has wanted to go to school for the last 2 years. Even had to have her own backpack last year

Spryng: So glad you had a good weekend with dh. I was looking forward to spending today with mine but they called him last night while I was at bingo and asked if he would go to the Claycomo Ford Plant today to check some parts coming in that they have been having trouble with. He had to be at his plant at 3:30 this morning and probably won't be home til 6:00 this evening.....then he will want to sleep so......so much for a day with him. And glad to hear the cysts aren't giving you too much trouble. Did you go to Dr. yesterday? BTW....thanks for sending the storms my way.....now I'll never get the lawn mowed LOL.

Jaymi: Hope you start feeling better soon. As soon as you do, let's get excercising. I know you can do it. There have been days I've had to push to go and walk but I am doing it for me and that's what keeps me motivated. I want to feel healthier and look better....and be able to keep up with all the kids and their activities.

Sorry I never made it back yesterday but with the storms rolling through, I shut this down just in case.

QOTD: Went to bingo last night and didn't get supper before I left so I caved and had a chicken salad sandwich with a few chips and lots of veggies. Then when I got home had a Slimfast shake. I also only got a half mile in yesterday in between downpours. And it's raining again this morning, so I'll have to wait to go walk til later. Hopefully it's going to pass soon. Tired of watching rivers run down the driveway.

WI today was.............3 POUNDS LOST I am so proud of me !!!!!!! Now I can't wait to see next week's WI. Should be just as good because tom is gone now

Will check in later. Sorry if I missed anyone. Have a GREAT DAY ladies.

Last edited by Deana1113; 08-24-2004 at 12:35 PM.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 12:38 PM   #15  

Hi girls

Spryng that plan sound interesting, does it say you are only allowed the good carbs, like no white bread and sugar? You will have to let us know about it when you get more info.

Leigh, so glad you are okay and your family. I bet you were just shaking, I would have been. Well I hope the rest of your trip goes good. Be safe and have fun.

Crystal good luck at the doc appt. How exciting that you may find out the sex of the little one! I remember those days.

Michelle take good care of yourself, sounds like you are working like crazy this week. I hope it goes by fast for you.

Well kids are calling for lunch. Hi to everyone else. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote