Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 06:39 AM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Question Calorie Counters Clublette

Yo! Testing the waters as to whether there's any interest in having a thread just for calorie counters, those folkettes, like me, who believe that when all the dust settles on all the diet plans in the whole universe, the truth is that calories really do count and you have to count 'em! I'm on hiatus from posting a lot due to time, stress, etc., but would love to share quick daily calorie counts and/or calorie goals (or weekly or whatever) and any light conversation about diet and/or calorie counting with fellow dedicated CALORIE COUNTERETTES. (Can I have said "calorie counting" anymore times! ) Guess this would also include exercise, as exercise is the obverse of eating in the "diet" equation.
Old 07-10-2004, 06:46 AM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Amarantha, please sign me up for the Calorie Counterette Clublette. What a brilliant idea, you are SO clever!

Amarantha's Friday Calorie Count: 2300

Exercise Calories Burned: Approx. 120 (one hour of slow weight lifting. I figure all exercise at a minimum of 4 calories per minute, it's probably somewhat more).
Old 07-10-2004, 11:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Sign me up!

I am not following any strict plan (except that I do use Slimfast quite a bit for my meals) but I am staying between 1200-1500 calories a day and although it is slow going it seems to be working!

I also go to the gym but have not been because of some major overtime I have been working. That will end by Tuesday so I'll be back there. So starting tomorrow I will post my daily calories/calories burned.

Great idea Amarantha!

Lynn
Old 07-10-2004, 06:00 PM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Talking Yowza!

Greetings Calorie Counterette Wisertime!!! Huzzah! I like Slimfast, too! Am pledging myself to brevity on this thread but wanted to say hi. I'll be back tonight with my calorie numbers (when I'm done eating)!

It's tonight! Calories 2725, Exercise Calories Burned 240 (60 min circuit training)! Weigh in tomorrow and calorie reduction begins! Huzzah!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 07-11-2004 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Adding calorie count
Old 07-11-2004, 03:27 AM   #5  
i luv my dog!

Yes, I'd be interested as well. Maybe we could invite all those who responded to EE25 "question about the board" under the Buddy Up thread and the moderators could add CALORIE COUNTING under the General Diet Plans forum. I think there are a lot of calories counters out there right now that kind of go from place to place.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:38 AM   #6  
Empress/Queen

Default Sunday goal

Yo! Welcome A Broad Abroad!!! Your dog is adorable! Good ideas about inviting people and maybe moving the thread to general diet plans. I kind of like the miscellaneous club section and personally would probably stay on here but a calorie group on general diet plans would be good, too. Edited in: Just checked the general diet plans section and actually there's already a group on there "Doing It the Old-Fashioned Way" that's kind of oriented to calorie counters, although the posters are on all different plans. I remember this group and it did start out as a calorie counters' thingie, so that's one option for posting.

I got the idea for this thread from another forum that just had a place for calorie counters to post their goals and daily calories ... kind of a "clublette" I guess

Anyhoo, guys, as predicted I'm up 10 pounds from my most recent low and this is not acceptible at all to me and today starts my calorie reduction plan. I can't cut too drastically on any given day and I do not believe in starving myself either, but I can improve my numbers over time. SO I will sliiiiiide down the number scale bit by bit and improve my exercise consistency over the next few weeks!

Calorie goal for Sunday: 2000!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 07-11-2004 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Adding stuff
Old 07-11-2004, 12:42 PM   #7  
deleted2

I agree, Am. Calories count, absolutely! I FINALLY reached my goal weight of 135 pounds with counting calories and I've fallen off the wagon and am up to 139 pounds. EEEK!
My grand plan is to keep the calories around 1500 daily, and to keep an eye on the fiber and fat content as well. Also, daily workouts--even if it has to be a shorter workout on crazy-busy days, and to drink lots of water. [That should keep me busy!]
One thing I'd like to see: if anyone comes across something that's delicious and satisfying and it's amazingly low in calories--please share!!!

Old 07-11-2004, 04:39 PM   #8  
Empress/Queen

Welcome, E!!! Wowza, I'm glad to see thee here!

I think I posted this before somewhere but it bears repeating since you asked for ideas: take a serving of frozen unsweetened berries, process in a mini processor ($9 at Walmart) with ice, a LITTLE water and Splenda (if you like) and it's a cross between Italian ice, sorbet and granita for about 90 calories.

I'd also love to see a regular sharing of ideas on low calorie but amazing food. Huzzah, all. I'll be back with my numbers tonight.
Old 07-11-2004, 07:54 PM   #9  

Hi everyone,

Did ok this weekend. Sat & Sun came in each day at about 1500 calories.

Calories burned with exercise ZERO (starting up again this Wed. though)

Lynn
Old 07-11-2004, 08:52 PM   #10  
Empress/Queen

Red face Sigh, but I still did better than yesterday!

Edited: 2580! Better, but can't let this level continue!

Calorie Target for Monday: 2000

Last edited by Amarantha2; 07-12-2004 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Wasn't finished eating after all!
Old 07-12-2004, 05:41 AM   #11  
deleted2

Ended Sunday with 1580 calories--better than I've done in a few weeks. Also did a 3 mile walk in the morning and a 20-min. dumbell routine.

Old 07-12-2004, 09:13 AM   #12  
Empress/Queen

We can do this, guys!
Old 07-12-2004, 09:45 PM   #13  

Today I ended up at about 1400 calories. Exercise = zero More OT tomorrow then back to the gym for me!

Lynn
Old 07-12-2004, 09:52 PM   #14  
Empress/Queen

Monday: 2115!!!! Exercise calories burned: 40

Tuesday's Target: 2000

Old 07-13-2004, 06:59 AM   #15  
deleted2

Ended the day with 1980 calories--not the ideal, but tomorrow's another day and all that. Exercise: 30 min. bellydancing, 25 min. yoga.

Closed Thread