Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 12:17 PM   #16  
Spreadin' the luv.

Smile Yes, we have no bananas...

Welcome, TechAlum! An excellent challenge! I do hate that feeling first thing in the morning - that hollow, stretched-out feeling in your tummy when you've binged the night before. Not good.

Ooooh, Amarantha, there's a PRIZE?? Y'know, I'm most likely to win it since mine's the easiest challenge - 5 servings of fruits and veggies per day? Come on!

Seriously, though, I'm making it easy because so far I haven't been able to stick to ONE GOAL that's related to weight loss/fitness/general health. Except for vegetarianism, I guess. Musn't sell myself short.

Anyway, the fruits and veggies was an aspect of my life seriously lacking, so it's a good challenge.

Wildfire, your challenge sounds excellent. Good luck to ya.

Arabella, I do love looking at that list!

I'm gonna go have an apple.

Last edited by Cerise; 05-22-2004 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-22-2004, 12:56 PM   #17  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo! Now we are six!!!

I love being a Challengerette! Kind of like being back in good ol' Camp Rangerette and watching Sheriff Scotty on TV whilst making s'mores in the living room.

Welcome to Wildfire and TechAlum!!! Huzzah!!!!

Cerise, if thou'll look at my journal thread entries, thou'll see that I'm in AWE of anyone who eats the required amounts of fruits and vege!!! So I think thy challenge be at a level of difficulty I could never aspire to!

In fact all the challenges look hard to me. Mine is just arithmetic.

Happy Trails, campers!
Old 05-22-2004, 04:52 PM   #18  

Count me in I will also take this challenge, but it won't totally work for me because I will be out of town and away from my computer for a few days. But what the heck girls it will be a good reminder to try my to keep the weight off and keep the scale moving down I hope!
I will try to write in everyday what I eat and to keep it below 1500 calories!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck to everyone and support is what we all need!!!!!!!!! Lets go girls!!!!!!
Skyfirefly
Old 05-22-2004, 05:45 PM   #19  
Empress/Queen

Welcome, Skyfirefly!!! That's ok if you're away from the computer, nobody has to report in everyday. The challenge officials have arbitrarily (they're like that) ruled that everyone check in at least twice weekly to win the prize, but even checking in once at the beginning and once when you do your 21 days makes thee a Challengette in fab standing, methinks!!!! Not everyone is the compulsive poster that Amarantha be (she needeth to get a life but can't seem to)!!

Grim news: I've crashed and burned ALREADY! Sheesh! Calories are more than 1700 and the night's not over ... sigh, there goes the weigh-in for another week. ANYHOW, PLEASE CONSIDER THIS AN ILLUSTRATION OF HOW THE 21-DAY CHALLENGE IS NO SURE THING AND IT AIN'T OVER TILL IT'S OVER!!!! I shall start again at Day One tomorrow!!! Will have a menu report for the journaling crew tonight!!!! I'm actually not too discouraged as I had two good days I wouldn't have had because of this challenge!!! I AM PUMPED, I AM COMMITTED, I AM GOING THE DISTANCE NEXT TIME! HUZZAH! YOWZA!

Amen.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:42 AM   #20  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Day 3

Had sort of a cruddy day yesterday, exhausted today. But still doing it.

Here's yesterday:
Early morning prayer/focus/centering: 10
(Think about what you want for that day-- energies unblocked, open to others, open to joy, etc.)
To do list/plan for the day: skipped it
Aerobic exercise: 10
Flexibility exercise: 7 (chi qong)
Strength training: 10
Energy work: 6 (chi qong)
Eat only at table when alone: 8
Creative break: 5
Make your environment nice: 5
Groom nicely (remember you're a model!): 6
Eat only when hungry: 5
80+ ounces of water: 10
No white stuff: 8
Vitamins: 10
Meditate: 10
Journal: 4
Fun: l
Socialize: 10
Evening prayer/focus/centering: 10
9 fruits/veggies: 7
Old 05-23-2004, 10:54 AM   #21  
Empress/Queen

Yowza!!! Hi, Arabella! You're looking good!!!

I'm down 1.5! Restarting my NO MORE THAN 1700 CHALLENGE! DAY ONE!!! Be back!

Old 05-23-2004, 11:43 AM   #22  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Amarantha! 1.5 down! Woooo-hooo for you, and a banana too!
Old 05-23-2004, 12:17 PM   #23  
Empress/Queen

Thanks, Arabella!!! Also, forgot to say thanks to Katrinabegood, as it seemeth she be the first to introduce 21-dayers to 3FC. Wasn't sure.

Here's a list of the Challengettes that I see so far. Please let me know if I left anyone off:

Amarantha
Arabella
Cerise
Ceara
Skyfirefly
TechAlum
Wildfire

Huzzah! I must shop now!
Old 05-23-2004, 01:47 PM   #24  
Spreadin' the luv.

Thumbs up Day 3

Good Sunday, friends.

OK, today is Day 3 of my 21-day challenge to eat at least 5 servings of fruits/veggies.

It was a near thing yesterday - I ate all the wrong things and lots of them during my day alone at home. I only had an apple and a slice of honeydew under my belt (literally) when I went out to Applebee's with my husband, brother and SIL, but thank god they have a lovely steamed veggie platter there and it was easily 3 servings. With a side of fries, of course . What a goober I am.

Anyway, I'm off to a good start today with a big, juicy slice of honeydew.

Amarantha, EXCELLENT on your loss!!! Your refocusing efforts have officially paid off, even if you're on Day 1 again. The thing is, you're on Day Something and that's so great! You're really doing it, and you got me doing it and you're my bloody hero.

OK, I'm off to say hey to the sizzling slimmer-downers. Avanti, avanti!
Old 05-23-2004, 10:29 PM   #25  
Empress/Queen

Avanti, Cerise! The honeydew soundeth good! I have some frozen ones I may put in a smoothie tomorrow!

Since I still have a precounted soymilk for tonight, I'm declaring Day One a success at 1645 cal. On to Day Two o' the New! Woo-hoo!
Old 05-24-2004, 05:33 AM   #26  
deleted2

I love 21-day challenges! Can I play? Today will be Day One for me. I'll post details later!
Thanks for starting the thread, Empress!

Old 05-24-2004, 08:21 AM   #27  
Empress/Queen

Yay, Eydie wants to play!!!!! Hooray!!! Welcome, E! Here's the new list, then:

Amarantha
Arabella
Cerise
Ceara
Eydie
Skyfirefly
TechAlum
Wildfire

Huzzah!!! All but Amarantha be eligible for the nonvirtual prize. In case of a tie, more prizes will be awarded! Huzzah!

I'm on Day Two o' the New, and counting!
Old 05-24-2004, 11:29 AM   #28  
Spreadin' the luv.

Talking Day 4

Four days on the challenge thread, doo-dah, doo-dah...

Had a pear, and apple, an enormous slice of honeydew and a taco salad concotion that I deemed Mt. Salad. I definitely got my 5 servings yesterday.

Welcome, Eydie! Can't wait to hear what your challenge is!

Good luck to all today!
Old 05-24-2004, 11:51 AM   #29  
wsw

i will join too, if that's o.k. i need to give myself that extra push to stay the course. thanks for starting the thread, empress. so---my challenge for myself will be to write down my food intake for 21 consecutive days. i have a spotty history with this and know that i always do better when i record my meal plan, so here's hoping to complete day 1.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:27 PM   #30  
Empress/Queen

Not only is it ok, Wsw, but it's GREAT you are joining us!!!! Huzzah!!!! An interesting challenge you've set yourself!!!! Thanks for being here!!! Here's the new list, in alphabetical order (because that's how I am)!!!!

Amarantha
Arabella
Cerise
Ceara
Eydie
Skyfirefly
TechAlum
Wildfire
Wsw
Closed Thread