Old 05-09-2004, 12:04 PM   #46  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

First- Happy mother's day to any of you that may be moms!

Second to answer Miss P's question... My favorite movie of all time is The Wizard of Oz...has been since I was little and as my sister put it "anyone who has known me for a week knows that" LOL

Hope you are all having a great weekend!
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 02:18 PM   #47  
my body my temple

Howdy Chickitas!

Wizard of Oz is a sweet flick! But the flying monkeys always scared the pigtails out of me!

So far today my plans are the gym and to finish this assignment for work. I had an awesome workout at the gym yesterday burning 500 calories and I did a pilates class too. I was always curious about them, very very fun but VERY VERY hard for overweight, unflexible me. I want to try the body pump but it looks soooooo tough, I might try it once I reach a 15pd loss so I have that much less weight to lug around.

The thing that motivates me at the gym is looking at all these cute little gym outfits. Now, I go to an all women's gym so I try not to stare to much if you know what I mean - and I am engaged - to a MAN but these outfits are so cute. I will have to add an outfit to my list of things to do when I am thinner. I think I better win a million dollars by that time too from the looks of my list!

Thank you for all the calorie counting advice! I feel better knowing that I am keeping it under my calorie intake but also doing it safely. I am trying to be really careful with portion size too because sometimes that is my biggest problem. Anyways, I'm going to go get ready for the gym.

Ciao Bellas!
Miss.Procrastinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 04:03 PM   #48  
Gym'll fix it!!

I forgot to answer the fave film question and i can't anyway cos i don't have one

Good Idea to give yourself pts Red thats kinda like what W.W. do but they don't want you to eat them unless you really really have to only just noticed that you're in Tokyo

I'm on track for a perfect day if i can last a few hours until Dinner Time and i can't see that happening cos i got up at 5am i'll have to get lost in gardening and hope the time fly's by
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 09:53 AM   #49  
One step at a time...

Miss P - That is one of my things too! I saw this wicked cute exercise tank and I just wanted be able to wear something like that... So when I reach goal, I am going to get one, unless I lose my nerve
Old 05-10-2004, 02:05 PM   #50  
Gym'll fix it!!

Did'nt get my perfect day had 3 light beers and grabbed a couple of pink and white marshmallows that hubby had left in full view i resisted them for a long time and then thought "a couple won't hurt" i won't do that again ended up at about 1400 cals for the day so it won't break the bank

Today is windy and grey so i think i'll be staying in all day so no excuse not to exercise today I WILL, I WILL
Old 05-10-2004, 02:18 PM   #51  
Gym'll fix it!!

Jenn, i just had a quick look at your website and you don't look fat at all you certainly don't look like you could have "just had the baby yourself"
Old 05-10-2004, 02:21 PM   #52  
my body my temple

Today is a gray day isn't it.What a monday! I feel so lazy. I am trying to motivate myself to get to the gym at some point today but I am starting to PROCRASTINATE! Yikes, she's back, ha! I am going to do some situps on my body ball before work and try to drag myself to the gym afterwards. Mondays are always a tough day to get through! Did anyone watch Survivor last night? HOLY CHEESE! That finale was so cheesy I wanted to throw crackers at the TV! *Barf* I hope that they never have another one like this so it's more like watching a love story than a reality challenge. Does it really matter who wins now? That's my vent for today! ha!

Happy Monday Everyone!
Old 05-10-2004, 02:40 PM   #53  
One step at a time...

Thanks Cat I feel fat though...The ideal weight for my height is like 160 so I want to get down to about 170...and I'd like to wear a size 12 instead of 14s and 16s.... I think the babies cover up the fat in the pictures LOL...
Old 05-10-2004, 02:57 PM   #54  
Gym'll fix it!!

I don't watch Survivor Miss P but they have shown clips of that smarmy Rob proposing to Amber one newscaster even said this morning that "Rob hedged his bets and proposed to Amber" looks like everyone thinks he did it for the money! even Kelly Ripa said that to him this morning i think they are taking odds now on if they will have a prenuptual agreement

Jenn, i think 160 for your height sounds a little on the low side i think 170-180 is more healthy
Old 05-10-2004, 04:06 PM   #55  
One step at a time...

I'm not really obsessing over the number....I just want to feel healthy and be happy with the way I look.... Like I mentioned, more than seeing any particular number on the scale, what I want most is to wear a 12 That would make my life!
Old 05-10-2004, 09:47 PM   #56  
my body my temple

I hear ya Jenn, size 12 would be a dream come true. And looking at your pics that size isn't too far off! Right now I'm in an floating 18/20 depending on the weather I suppose. I remember when I was a 12 and I was satisfied and happy. I'm not going to try to push myself into low low sized like that of my friends because being 5'9 and a med-large frame it's SO unrealistic. Today was pretty unproductive, I did my situps, ate healthy and minimized my portions. I'm going to kick back with a cup of tea and snuggle with my superman. Have a good night ladies!
Old 05-11-2004, 08:09 AM   #57  
One step at a time...

Well ladies I went to the gym this morning and had my monthly weigh-in/measure....I was up a couple of pounds since Saturday but I know why, too much junk at the party on Sunday and TOM ... Everything was down from last month except my thighs....Does anyone know a good way to trim your thighs (specifically inner thighs) because I haven't lost anything from my thighs yet since I started

Thanks for the encouragement Miss P! If I could just lose some inches in my thighs a 12 would be sooo much closer to reality than it is now.... I have made that my mission....to find SOMETHING that works on them....I feel my thighs are massive right now....27" and they just won't budge....next month, hopefully, I'll see something lower
Old 05-11-2004, 01:19 PM   #58  
my body my temple

Good Work keeping up with the gym Jenn! Even though the scale might say 2 pounds up, that might be muscle from the gym, TOM or just your scale being difficult. Don't worry about numbers unless it's a huge difference, I have come to the conclusion that unless we hit some sort of plateau - the scale always flucuates. I would like to know the thigh trick too! I have the same 27" thighs and they're not the sexiest legs I've had. I would like to know a good arm workout - my arms are my worst part on my body kicking in at a grand 15" for the upper arm!!! I went on the scale at the gym this morning and I am still at the same weight. Can't complain about that. Be good ladies!
Old 05-11-2004, 02:16 PM   #59  
One step at a time...

My arms were at 14" now they are 13.25".... I can't even tell what I do because I don't know what the exercises are called not that that is a huge difference, but at least my arms changed... Some one HAS to have something for us.... Anyone got some tips for us?!?
Old 05-11-2004, 04:19 PM   #60  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Girls,
Have either of you tried Pilates? cos thats supposed to stretch the muscles out and elongate the legs i don't know because i've never done it long enough to find out i should do it too cos i've got the Mari Winsor ones and i went mad to get them and now don't use them the 20 minute one is really easy too

I walked another 2mls this morning and i've been an with eating and my scale is fluctuating too i should stop getting on that thing cos its getting ridiculous! i've even started getting on it in the middle of the night in the dark after i've paid a visit!

Gosh you 2 are tall i'm a shorty at 5' 4" and i wear a 12-14 depending on the make. I think i should break out the Pilates tapes cos its supposed to make you taller too