Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 06:58 PM   #601  

Thanks for the TOPS info girls. There is a meeting near me on Wed so I think I will go. I'm having a good day today. Staying busy really helps me to stay on plan.
Sue
Old 08-31-2004, 07:54 AM   #602  

Good Morning All,
Well, I was real busy up until 7pm and doing great with my eating. Then things settled down and I started eating. I guess it could have been worse but it was like I had to make up for something because I was busy. Its like something just takes me over and like a zombie I walk back and forth grazing the kitchen. Today is a new day and another busy one so I'm sure I will do well. How about everyone else? How was your night?
Sue
Old 08-31-2004, 01:31 PM   #603  

Height: 5'7"

Hi!

Suzy: You sound so energetic! I've been up since 5:30 a.m. and I'm losing my zip really fast! I'm tired from staying up until midnight the past couple of nights visting with our friends from NJ. They left this morning. I'm looking forward a nap after work!

When you go to your TOPS meeting on Wed. let us know what you thought of it.

Holly:Weeding is great exercise and don't you feel at peace after working in the dirt? I never planted anything until this year and I put some flowers in a couple of pots on my porch and then planted some tomato plants. I'm a novice at it, but it's fun.

How is everyone else doing? We miss you!

I'll check in later.

Susie
Old 08-31-2004, 02:00 PM   #604  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Beautiful Afternoon to you ladies.

It is just gorgeous outside, and I am at work

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well with things. That is great!

Mostly just wanted to say HI, nothing else much going on in my life. Staying OP is enough to deal with for now. I am still gun hoe and losing. I can hardly wait for this Saturday's weigh in. Altho it is PMS week, I hope to overcome that by a bit. It has only been 7 lbs lost, but I can feel the loss in my dress pants already. Nadda ladda, but some.

Nights were tough for me until I started doing South Beach, I swear I am never hungry and eat like there is no tomorrow.

Gotta get busy, be happy.

Annie
Old 08-31-2004, 03:19 PM   #605  

Susie, Energetic? LOL. No, that is just not me at all. I was busy with work at my desk. I work from home right now as a PT bookkeeper/ HR Manager until school starts and then I go back to the office. I had a particularly busy day yesterday with work at the same time I was home with my 2 boys. Usually one or the other is busy but not both. Oh well, that's the way it goes. I am an early riser too. I usually can not sleep past 6 the latest and I LOVE naps.

Annie- You sound so great. It is inspiring to hear you so dedicated. I feel myself getting there each day. I am winning far more battles than I'm losing now.

Anyway I am having a good day today to start off. Each day I feel myself getting stronger and more in the right frame of mind to do this thing. That is thanks to the board here. I dragged the kids grocery shopping and on errands today so I took them through the McDees drive through for lunch. I was starving but chose the salad (used only 1/2 the dressing packet). Then this afternoon my mind started wandering to all the groceries in the house and what I could get into but had a cup of coffee and checked in here instead. I feel really good about that.
Hope everyone is having a great day!
Sue
Old 08-31-2004, 03:44 PM   #606  
soon to be on the outside

Exclamation Good afternoon all

Checking in for this week! I am having an awful time... I can't seem to find my motivation again. I think that I will start off doing well and then by lunch I have gone down hill fast. I needed to come back and read some more posts to maybe find inspiration. I always feel a little more inspired after leaving here knowing that others have made it through. It feels like one great big hug which is what I need. I have promised myself and a co-worker that as of right now I am sticking too it. I was almost going to write tomorrow by why wait, so what if the first part of the day was bad I don't have to continue that. Pat myself on the back for that one, because I would usually just end with a bang!
Well today I weighed in and it was my heaviest yet without being pregnant. That was depressing....
I hope you all can send me a big smile this way so that I can hit anything under 200! 199.9 would feel fabulous. Actually right now 250 would!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening. Enjoy the nice weather if you have it. It is actually finally cooler here in PA. Can go outside and breath. It waited till the Little League world series was over to be nice though.

sw 265
cw272
gw1 250 by halloween
gw2 240 by 12/31

Darlene
together we can achieve anything

Last edited by skinny inside; 08-31-2004 at 03:45 PM. Reason: wrong weight
Old 08-31-2004, 08:31 PM   #607  

Hello Skinny. I know how you feel. I wake up full of zeal and by the end of the supper meal I have no more motivation. But I am trying to do better. I spend my time here instead of eating and sometimes I will go to bed a little earlier just not to eat. When you feel yourself slipping, ask yourself if what you eat is worth the price you are going to have to pay. Another thing is, you may want to read a book called The Thin Books, excellent for self esteem and motivation. Hope this helps and consider yourself hugged. God Bless.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:56 AM   #608  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Hump Day Ladies!!

Motivation is a hard thing to get and to keep. It took me a year to get the motivation I have now. However, I went through some very trying, life changing issues and I am still adjusting. I have had to read a lot of self-motivating, self-worth books. It does help! Dr. Phil is good.

Anyway, I wanted to say hello this morning, as I am in an all afternoon meeting today. Thank you Jesus, there are no snacks being offered in the meeting. This is day 12 of South Beach, still have not cheated. I amaze myself on that one, as before, I am like Skinny, started out the day gun hoe, then by mid-afternoon, I stunk at it. Evening was the worse. I am hoping to be down at least another couple of pounds by WI in Saturday. I got on the scales this morning, BAD ANNIE, and still am the same from the last WI. I hate it when I sneek and look ahead. Won't do that again this week. I am really loving the South Beach diet. I NEVER feel hungry, the snacks you get are great.

I read in someone else's post, "Lord, put your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth". I have actually been repeating that on a daily basis..hehehe...couldn't hurt.

Have a simply marvelous day ladies, come here and post instead of eating. Even if you are like me and babble a lot, it is better than eating.

Hugs to everyone...Annie
Old 09-01-2004, 10:28 AM   #609  

Good Morning All,
Darlene- I know exactly how you feel and not only do I send smiles your way but strength too. You...we can do this. I am having a lot of trouble with my motivation also and it's the same thing as you- get up feeling strong and by lunch-major blow it. I will say that about a week or so ago I took one step and found this board. Then another step and another by winning small battles by making good choices. Each day I am feeling more capable of making healthier choices, controlling portions, and moving more. I have a long way to go for sure toward making my plan work for me but I feel I am making progress. My point here (and I've taken the long way there) is that you have taken the first step by seeking support and comraderie, now... slowly... take just one more step and then another and another. Slow and steady wins the race. Maybe that step will be to resist the urge to eat somethng that takes you further from your goal, maybe it will be to eat something healthier instead, maybe it will be to control the portion, maybe it will be to exercise, maybe it will be to move more by doing something you have been putting off (ie, cleaning a closet), etc. You get the idea. I have not started out this time all full of motivation and ready to lose 100 pounds. Instead I am slowly finding my way into a better lifestyle that I can live with. That's a new one for me and it feels right to ease my way into it. I've also changed small things in my eating that can only help like switching to high fiber/multigrain breads, light mayo, reduced fat cheese, etc. I hope this helps to support/inspire you because I do know exactly where you are right now. We are all kindred spirits here. Read and post often. It helps. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.
Sue
Old 09-01-2004, 01:26 PM   #610  

Hello Everyone.

I had a slight "binge" last night. When I got home from work, my hubby was in a crabby mood and I let it affect me. I was tired and I knew that. I should've just went and took the short nap that I was planning on taking, but I didn't. Instead, I went in the kitchen, poured me a glass of milk and ate 4 sugar cookies, then I went to sleep.

I know better than to let other peoples moods affect me (I have my own moods to deal with, without letting others come into play!)

I will say that I did go to bed early last night so I could wake up and feel good this morning. Don't want another overating binge to come along.

It's good to see so many post today

Annie: I LOVE the quote. I'm going to stay it to myself over and over! Also, it's a great idea to come here and post instead of eating.

Pray: It's good to hear from you. How are you doing? Looking forward to seeing you on here again!

Darlene: It's hard to get motivated and stay that way. I really think it's something that must be worked on daily. The first step was coming to us and admiting that you were having trouble. I know that you can count on us to help keep you going. How have you been doing today? Set little goals for yourself daily. That will help to get the ball rolling.

Suzy: How are you doing today?

Well, I must get back to work. I'll check in later.

Susie
Old 09-02-2004, 10:06 AM   #611  

Smile Been Busy

I feel like I have been MIA bit it really hasn't been that long.
I have been canning pickles and peaches and doing lots of cleaning.Like walls and windows.
I was really bummed about how I looked the portrait pics.
I am twice as wide as everyone else, my eyes are hidden in fat cheeks and my chins have their own province.
In general the pics were very nice. I actually dont mind how my face and hair looked . It's the full body thing that got me, ouch!
I have been eating well.Not recording and counting everything but I seem to be doing okay just listening to my body and limiting starchy carbs.
i was down 1.5 at TOPS last night. I am thrilled with that!
I spent all day yesterday with just my two angels at the park and splashpad. I was able to lay in the sun and read for a couple of hours. Delightful!

Off to clean more windows!

Have a great OP day!
Old 09-02-2004, 10:16 AM   #612  

Good Morning All,
Susie- 4 sugar cookies doesn't sound bad at all. You stopped yourself and realized that food was not the answer.

Holly- Great job and congrats on the loss. I'm sure you looked beautiful in the pic but I know how you feel about being the biggest one around. I am by far the biggest one in my family and I know it very well every time I am around them. All the more motivation to do this.

All that said I had a horrible eating day yesterday. No reason (probably stress) but very mindless. I paid for it too because I could barely move I felt so tired. Must remember: EAT RIGHT-FEEL GOOD / EAT WRONG-FEEL BAD. I skipped the TOPS thing too because I was in such a funk.
So I'll try, try again today. Have a good one all.
Sue
Old 09-02-2004, 01:41 PM   #613  

Hello Everyone,
Busy day here at work. I'm doing everyone elses work and you know..come to think of it...they don't look that busy! I think I'm going to have to see about that!

I just got back from lunch. Was really wanting a Jr. Roast Beef sand. but I had a salad instead. I don't want the scales to show any gain tonight. When I got on my scales, it looked like it was going to be a good loss. (fingers and toes crossed! )

Holly: It's always good to see you! It can be really hard to look at pictures of yourself. Just remember, we are our toughest critics...don't be to hard on yourself. Afterall, it is something that can be changed and you are working on it! A 1.5 lbs loss is something to cheer about.

Suzy: We all have days when we don't eat correctly. I like the Eat Right=Feel Good Eat Bad=Feel Bad. I think it should be made into a bumper sticker for our cars!

To bad you skipped the TOPS meeting. Hopefully you will still want to look into it next week. I know I enjoy our meetings and having that support and weekly accountability is good for me.

Well..I better get back to it.

Hang in there...work your program...don't give up!

Susie
Old 09-03-2004, 07:06 AM   #614  

Default Friday

undefined
Mornin' Ladies,
I had a great day yesterday. I ate well. I accomplished everything I set out to do! I washed finger prints off livingroom walls. I washed the big windows.I weeded the front yard and I canned 1/2 a bushel of peaches. 1/2 a bushel to do today.I fall cleaned the office/library.
I got up at 6 because a boy was coming for the day and I just found a note on the door. Oh well, it was peaceful sitting by myself having my coffee. We have had cool mornings and warm afternoons.I LOVE this weather.

Susie~ Great choice with the salad. Hope you had a loss tonight.

Suzy~Hope you got back on track.You CAN do this!

Well, I best go seize the day. Hope everyone eats lots of healthy fresh fruits and veg and get out to enjoy the day!
Old 09-03-2004, 01:55 PM   #615  

Hi Ya'll!

I showed a loss last night! Down 1.75 lbs.

I don't think I'm going to make my 50 lb mark in a year..but that's ok. I've done well, and I can't wait for my GYN to see what I've lost when I see him next week. (That's the only reason I want to go...I hate going to the GYN..who doesn't?!)

I'm looking forward to tackling the next 45+ pounds..when I get there, I'll be under 200! I can't do this wothout you guys..so let's get going everyone!

I'm still eating the veggies...makes me feel so much better and fuller and I've noticed that the cravings for the ice cream are going away.

Holly: I love peaches! But with the Intersistial Cysitis (IC), I can't have fruit (and I miss it!)...sometimes I cheat a little and will have apple or peach pie, it seems like cooking them helps to take the acid out of them and when I do have pie, I only have one or two bites.

I must get back to work. I'll check in later.

Susie
Closed Thread