Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 08:48 PM   #406  

Hi All:

I've been gone for about a month and gained 6lbs

But the good news is that I'm back on track and started to go to the gym. I even bought a few trainer sessions to help me stay on track. I realized that there are a few people in my life (namely, ex b/f) who totally make fat. Isn't that so true! I have "fat friends"! So I was with him for a few weeks again and I just fell into old habits.

I'm glad to be back. There are alot of new people here which is great!

-Beth

HW: 260
Height: 5'7"
CW: 251
Goal: 150 (oh my god, could it be??)
Old 07-07-2004, 08:58 PM   #407  

Hello Beth and welcome back. Glad you are back on track. Sometimes we have to stay away from people who say they care about us and try to bring us down. So be strong and hang in there. We will be here for you. Take care and God Bless.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:52 PM   #408  
kami=paper/god twi=me

I exercized, I exercized! Hehe, sorry. I know everyone's gloomy right now *hugs* I hope those who are experiencing bad times get through them fast and well!

I'm going to weigh in today, already crossing my fingers and wincing. How is everyone else doing? Hope you all have a good day ^_^
Old 07-08-2004, 03:57 PM   #409  

Had to join this thread. I'm so ready to see the 199! I'll even take 199.9999999!
Old 07-08-2004, 09:48 PM   #410  

Kamitwi-how did your weigh in go? Hope it was a great one.
Angelic Me-welcome. We are all so ready to be out of the 200s. Have a great evening. God Bless.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:36 AM   #411  

Good job beth for coming back, and for realizing that, its kind of a hard insight. I actually have that problem, to a much lesser extent, with all my friends. Though it really isn't them, its my own lack of willpower. Either way, its very frustrating, I think.

I just got back from the gym, which was the third time this week, the second kickboxing class. I have one more to go to my goal of 4 times a week. Oh, and I only had like 4 bites of chocolate cake for desert, and they were little bites, rather than the whole slice. We're going for milk tea and tapioca in a little while, which I am rationalizing as added hydration. Tapioca can't be that bad for you, can it? The big balls you suck up the fat straw, not the pudding.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:15 PM   #412  

Hubby and must have over celebrated his birthday because weigh in was not so good, but it was not expected to be good, so we are back on track and that's all that matters, and the good Lord willing we will have a better weigh in next week? How about everyone else on this challenge how did you all do? Have a blessed weekend. God Bless.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:27 AM   #413  
kami=paper/god twi=me

Hey pray, hey all. Did okay at my weighin, lost one pound, 224 *shrugs* better than plateau! I'm hoping for a more significant losses soon though ^_^ *crosses fingers* How about everyone else? Hope you all are having a good one--is anyone as hot as we are out here in Nevada (USA)? I'm DYIN'!
Old 07-11-2004, 02:42 AM   #414  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Hello everyone!

Okay, I've been gone so long I don't even recognize anyone...and I started this thread! LOL. Anyway, welcome everyone! I'm sure we all have had these moments when I just don't want to think about my weight, and I just want to hide. Summer makes me want to do that. In the past few years, I tend to lose weight around Feb, March, April...and then I slack off as it gets warmer.

Why could that be? I think I just feel so nasty that I want to hide in my house, away from the gym, etc. The funny thing, I could be well below 199 by now if I had kept up the good work.

Also another funny thing is that my friends and such are coming up to me and asking me if I've lost weight. I haven't done an official weigh in since I last weighed what...a month ago maybe? But I was at a friend's place and weighed on the scale that just happened to be in the bathroom and it said 227...so I don't think I gained much. But still...it sucks to think where I COULD be right now.

Okay, I promise to go back to the gym. I MISS it. Now it's been a few weeks and I was almost able to do an hour on the elliptical and I have to start over again at 30 minutes. Yikes. But guys, I have to do this. I stil have the rest of July and August. See, I love fall and winter clothes and I really want to have a great wardrobe this fall LOL! Silly reasoning, but if it gets me back into my old stuff, then so be it. I felt better today when I went into Lane Bryant and the girl there asked me if I've lost weight. Sad when the girls at Lane Bryant know you by name and everything! Anyway, I didn't try on any clothes. I just haven't been in the mood to.

I bought this great dress at Famous Barr about a month ago to wear to a family reunion...sleeveless and short...I thought it looked good but when the time came...I didn't wear it. I got all self-conscious! And that's so weird because I never used to be.

Well, I am going to get to 199 by my friend's wedding in October if I have to cut the weight off! LOL okay not really. But I really want to do it. My eating hasn't been all that terrible, it's just being so darn sedentary is what's killing me and I can already see my leg muscles going flabby again.

So, I will be back and posting regularly, hopefully. I look forward to getting to chat with all of you who I haven't "met".
Old 07-11-2004, 02:31 PM   #415  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Default Back to Reality

Just a quick note to tell y'all that I'm back home.... I was going to try and reply to everyone, but I have a date with my nieces so I just don't have the time to give everyone the individual kudos they deserve, so instead I want to congratulate everyone on the weight they've lost and welcome all the newbies! Also Welcome back tto those of us who haven't posted in a while!

As far as my vacation went, it was lovely to spend an entire week with Tim, no work and waiting for him to get home at night We got some good quality time in together! Also I did something I would have never consider before.... I got a tattoo! Do you believe that? It is on the back of my right hip and its the Chinese symbol for "Strong"... I'm such a rebel

I hope everyone had a great week!
Old 07-11-2004, 03:37 PM   #416  
kami=paper/god twi=me

^_^ hello Donna, welcome! Welcome back girlie! It must be weird to see a thread that you started take off like this ^_^ do you get that, "Ohh, I'm famous" feeling? I probably would...in other news, though I've only lost 1 pound in the last little while, I fit into a size 14 dress that I bought at a garage sale for a quarter. I figured I'd give it a try, and give it away if it didn't fit...but it did! I'm so ecstatic ^_^ Maybe I'm losing inches, not pounds...pounds are easier to see, but I'll take inches! I hope all are doing well ^_^

Oh, anyone got any good ideas for weight rewards? I can never think of anything good. My mind immediately says, "ICE CREAM CONE!" Bad mind.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:04 PM   #417  

Height: 5'7"

Hey Ya'll,
I'm home from vacation and I'm worn out! But I had a great time! It was beautiful at the falls in Canada and also up on Lake Ontario. I can't wait to get my pictures developed.

We had a great time. I don't feel like I overate..and if I did, I'm sure I walked it off! We must have walked 4 miles everyday. That's ok...it's good for me. But I sure could feel it in my calfs.

It's good to be back. I'm trying to catch up on everything. Looks like most of you are doing well, and even for those that the scales didn't go the way you wanted, you have the right mind set, so you KNOW they will go the way you want this week.

It's good to be home.

Susie
Old 07-11-2004, 11:35 PM   #418  
kerry

Default Oh, can I relate to this!!!!

In August of 2002 I started WW at 239. I couldn't wait to hit 199. In March I was 189! But in May I quit smoking and guess what I am now? 208!!!! HELP!!! Advice anyone? Kerry
Old 07-12-2004, 01:50 PM   #419  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Hello everyone. Wow, it's neat to see a couple familiar faces!
Jenn, good for you on the tattoo! I secretly have kind of wanted one...hello kitty...maybe some day I shall too! You definitely deserve it!

Kamitwi - Yay for the size 14! We're about the same weight and I'm not NEARLY a 14..still trying to get straight into an 18 on the bottom without that 20 dangling on the end. You definitely are losing SOMETHING if you say you aren't losing pounds.

Kerry - Where is IL are you?
I quit smoking in April...shortly before I quit posting here. I am not sure if maybe this has affected my gaining a few pounds...it's definitely lack of exercise. I hope that exercise and breathing is better for me when I head back to the gym.

The plan, ladies, is for me to head back to the gym tonite. It's always so hard to go back after I haven't been in a few weeks. I mean, I don't look any different, but it's all mental! I feel like this giant fat thing rolling around and everyone is thinking, "my, I haven't seen her in a long time...fell off the wagon..."

When in reality, no one probably remembers me (except for a few who I talk to regularly) and after a few days on the elliptical and kicking butt, I'll feel better.

So...keep me in your thoughts tonite when I go to the gym. I was close to going last night...got dressed and everything and it was storming outside...what a wimp I am! Plus it's getting really hot here in central IL and I'll feel so good if I get into the gym. I won't feel so fat and lazy.

Talk to you soon!

Girlie
Old 07-12-2004, 02:11 PM   #420  
kami=paper/god twi=me

Hey, Girlie, get out there, you can do it! If you can just get in the car and drive there, you'll HAVE to do something, because otherwise, you'll feel even MORE guilty! You can't go to the gym and not exercize! Actually, I think that 14 was a fluke. I'm just squeezing into a 16 pants size lately, but trust me, I was happy for irregularities! I'm off to exercize now, hope all are having a nifty keen day!
Closed Thread