Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 12:29 PM   #3031  

Talking

Good morning everyone, We finally got our cold front. Our weather is crazy.
They go that big grass fire out, I'm glad. We had our important stuff ready to evacuate. Glad that wasn't necessary.
We plan to just veg-out today. Till dh leaves for work this evening then I plan a big cleaning on the living room. It got put off yesterday.

Lucky_me: Glad to have you. Congrats on you loss so far.

Sarah: Friendship can't be forced or faked. You will find someone who you like and like you, but just try to get out some to find them.
Dang it! ds not wanting to move. sorry...LOL
Somehow I always thought kids grew up and left home..Not
He left while he was married for 3 yrs then came home after his divorce and seems settled in for a long stay.

Everyone have a great Sunday.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:47 PM   #3032  

Height: 5'7"

Hello,
It was a very busy week for me in my new position at work. I feel like I have information overload! I survived the first week and felt like I had a better sense of what to do than I did on Monday, so I'm declaring it a success.

I didn't have success on the scales. I wasn't surprised, anytime that I feel under stress I show a gain. I can do that even if I don't overeat; just being stressed makes me gain. I'm going to work this week on just going with the flow and also logging my food and see where that takes me on the scale.

I just want to check in. Hope to be able to get here a few times this coming week.

Susie
Old 12-04-2005, 06:09 PM   #3033  

Cool

Hey everyone,
Dh just left and I'm checking in before I start my cleaning. I made kings ranch chicken for lunch. Using all reduced fat soups and 2% cheese and my family didn't notice. They just ate like hogs...WOOHOO. I haven't checked the points for it yet. Maybe not too bad.

Susie: Glad you are getting into the groove of your new position. You know the weight loss will come. Just keep plugging on.

WELL, HERE I GO OF INTO THE DUSTY DOOM. IF YOU DON'T HEAR FROM ME SOON SEND HELP...
Old 12-04-2005, 06:22 PM   #3034  

Ew Deb~ sending you a cyber gas mask. big dusting jobs make my allergies go .

I thought I posted this morning but must just have read.

I broke out in hives yesterday morning and took a bendryl and then I napped in the aft but DD kept climbing all over me. I asked her to leave about a hundred times. She then told she just loved me to much to go......brat.....conned me and it worked. I did the farmers market til noon. I had a friends daughter for the night. She is a single mom with no family/friends to give her a break. I take her daughter once a year for a weekend. Good kid.
Sunday School christmas lunch today and then Avon follow up calls. Mega orders to put in online.
I cleared tables a wedding in town at 6:30, our church catered.
Sometimes I think I am a 70 year old trapped n a 40 year old body. I LOVE these type of events and working at them. I have all my life. When I was younger I lived like a rock star. Partied very hard. I would be out dancing on tables til the sun came up, go home and shower and go to the nursing home with my Grandma and do crafts with the old folks.
I LOVE serving tables.Who the heck likes serving tables. The catering crew from our church are all in their 70’s& 80’s, there are a few in their 60’s and then ME.
I relate better to this age group and up better then any other.
Got a bunch of tidying done and cat napped with the cats.

Food has still been ...um not great. Not horrific. I had fisha nd salad for supper and pomegranate for dessert. Lunch was potluck but had shrimp and casserole and only 2 cookies. I could do without the cookies.

Anyhow, HUGS ladies!!!
Old 12-04-2005, 06:38 PM   #3035  

Do you know how many threads there are in here ?..........ALOT !........my name is Machelle I'm 31 *gulp* and have been stuck in the 203 area for WAYYY to long....I went to a dietician and was put on the plate method , half the plate is non-starchy .25 starchy and the other .25 protein , seems ok so far , I don't have the time or patience to count and write everthing in the nutrition lists on the food I eat , I do keep a food journal , I workout every other day , I was just doing the treadmil for 30 minutes but bumped that up to 45 or more have noticed my thighs are shrinking but the lbs are not , well I changed my routine a bit now it's 20min of lower body strength training plus 30 on the treadmill , I'm now considering getting up early to add more to my daily workout , do one early morning and the other at 11am , when my 2yro naps......*sigh*........I'll get to the 1's eventually right
Old 12-04-2005, 09:00 PM   #3036  

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone. Welcome to al the new people (so many posts!!!) I had a 50th aniversary party this afternoon after Church. DH took the kiddies home and I got to go party!!! I did not do too bad, but I am still going to try to get up early to exercise. The menu~Chicken breast, prime rib, twice baked potato, carrots, greenbeans and red peppers (ooh I can't forget the tequilla sunrise ) then a scoop of spumoni(sp?) ice cream. I was able to avoid sweet table, even though they had chocolate covered strawberries.

THey had a band, so I was able to dance some. I love to dance! I wish we could go dancing everyweekend. It would have been better if DH could have been there, but I danced with my mom and brother and some friends from church. So hopefully the dancing has helped burn off some of the calories.

I did try a little of everything, but I left some food on my plate (I have never done that before ) Gotta run the kiddies have to go to bed now (yay!)
Old 12-05-2005, 12:43 AM   #3037  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoesarah
Cbeta, Yes i agree i should have more friends, but im picky and people dont really like me. But thats good that hes helping you and going on walks with you. I have NEVER had a friend that did ANYTHING with me. nothing like that anyway, only bars and bad things. or just hanging at home. No one ever did anything with me. My ex boyfriend was an idiot he never went out EVER. I dont think we ever went on a real date except for dinner once or twice. but other than eating we never did anything else together. no movies, no nothing. and when i do have friends they are the same way. I dont know.
Those things are of course a personal choice. Even for him he made a choice to treat your badly and now he is not with you.
I do understand as I also had such a guy, in reality I think for my case, he was bound by rules of his culture and therefore felt embarassed that he is doing prohibited dating and especially with someone so overweight as me. Though I do know to this day he loves me, and no further than 3 weeks ago proposed for the 3rd time in 4 years I've known him. But the train is gone, never ever ever.
I know you can find friends. I know you will not be alone. But you mind find some answers in yourself. A) find people with simular interests. If bars is not your scene either explain it to them or find the ones who get you. B) give yourself a makeover...perhaps be a bit flexible. May be slightly more compromising. i think it is important in your case, as it sounded to me, you give them little chance and they give you just as much. Only trials and error will get you want you want in the long run, so the sooner you start the sooner you will feel better. And I sense that you do want friends, you just scared of being hurt. To make sure that it does not happen, be causious yet flexible, do make sure to state what you don't like, and what you do, be open. I wish you the very best, as having live friends and support is very important in my opinion.
CBETA
Old 12-05-2005, 08:16 AM   #3038  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Mroning Everyone........and there are a LOT of us this morning. Wowser, what support we should have.

Didn't do much over the weekend. Worked yesterday morning 5:30 -10:00 am OT. Stayed OP for the most part over the weekend, shocking. I didn't exercise any. Only did laundry, no cleaning. Wasn't in the mood. Took a much needed nap yesterday of 3 hours. I did make some delicious chicken vegetable soup and have enough to make through 4 lunches this week.

Hi Sarah - welcome, and yes I will say, you can do this. Remember...Baby steps, one day, one thing at a time.

Also welcome to Kristina and Okie. You will love it here.

CBeta - After 21 days of anything, it then becomes a habit. I wish I could listen to myself.

Holly girl - Good morning girl, enjoying your coffee? Breathe

Susie - the more you do your job the easier it will become. Stress will lessen, pounds will come off.

Debbie - I agree, Curves is the best, if for nothing else it gets me moving.

UPS - the dancing probably burned of the not so good buffet choices.

Debbie - my kids rarely notice when I use reduced fat, non fat subs in recipes...It's our secret. Please don't send any dust bunnies my way, I do not care for dusting.

Hello to everyone I may have missed. Here's to an excellent week for all of us. Let's try to at least meet one goal this week. Drinking enough or more than enough water, exercising, staying OP, being good to ourselves,....something.

My boss returns after a week long business trip, therefore not sure of getting back on here for a few days, who knows!!

((((Hugs to all))))

Annie.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:30 AM   #3039  
Opulent

Hey! I have ever posted here because I thought 'RACE to 199? More like a CRAWL for me! I have a long way to go!' ...but now that I see others aren't just 10 or 20 pounds away and they post in here, I see I am welcome too I have 68 pounds to go!

I am on a calorie-controlled plan, I focus on whole foods, eat lots of fiber and workout 6 days a week. I eat a plant-based diet (vegan) and have lost 22 pounds since I started 1 month ago. I teach Yoga and love it! That's me
Old 12-05-2005, 09:14 AM   #3040  

to the newbies!!!!!!!

A beautiful day in the neighbourhood. Crisp, clear, cold!!!!!!!!

All the big kids off to school. 2 preschoolers til noon. My big Avon Christmas order goes in today. Follow up calls to make and then send it off. I will do some shovelling at some point for exercise. I am feeling fat. I want to change this.
Hubby seems to be back on track. He got some good rest on the weekend. He spent some time with friends yesterday.

I got some tidying done. I am itching to bake and make scrap books for the my kids and the kids I babysit. I may make some christmas cards too.
I received a gift certificate for a 1/2 hour massage. I called the guy and told him I wanted to use it for hubby. He said, “no way! you will both come ! “ So, tonight at 8 Hubby will go for a 1/2 hour and then come home and then i will go for a 1/2 hour. Of course the fact that a total stranger was compassianate and caring and realized how much a mom needed to be nurtured( his words) made me cry, LOL.
Kids have been awesome all weekend. Gotta love it.
Hockey practise and 4.
Oatmeal and coffee for breaky.

Had this big epiphany about “breaking the cycle”. My kids are very vocal( and physical) about everything as is hubby and well....myself. We are open and communicate( A great deal) whether it is effective or not.
What my son shows on the outside is what i had going on on the inside as a kid but had learned it was wrong to show it, talk about, or even feel it, most definitely by the time I was 7. I would be punished, ignored, put down with sarcasm, told I was worng, unstable, too sensitive.......... So, as busy and hard as our family life can be at times, I can honestly say it is a safe enough and loving enough environment for all of us to be ourselves completely without fear. Imagine the possibilities of growth and love and experience for our kids in this environment!!!!!!!!!

Cbetta/Sarah~ in my experience people and men will accept you as you are if their intent in genuine. I was always roundish but perceived mayself a sexy and frankly you'd be lucky to have me. I have had great relationships. When I was feeling undesirable I had relationships like you describe.
I have also had some pretty crappy friendships, in hindsight. Being chosy and liking your own company is not a bad thing.LOL!

Good morning and hugs to everyone!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2005, 09:59 AM   #3041  

Talking

I need a little dancing man...I LOST 2.5lbs....WOOHOO......I weighed this morning and was like OMG finally....I need to change my thing at the bottom........
Old 12-05-2005, 09:06 PM   #3042  

hi everybody, Thank you for welcoming me i really appreciate it . I feel comfortable here and i like it. Today i started my 6 week body makeover plan. I drank 70 ounces of water and did good on my diet. I feel better and i hope i can keep this up. its been pretty easy so far (hehe first day is always easy) Yes ive had many first days lol. since this is my first day i weighed yesterday and i am 130 I fluctuate 5-7 pounds a lot, so i think thats good, i think drinking all this water will take lots of weight off. Of course i dont want to lose just water weight. I havent exercised yet. I think im going to do that next week because, i want to start one thing at a time, unless i get a really big urge to go do something. So anyway. I think things will go well and thank you all for your support.

Old 12-06-2005, 11:38 AM   #3043  

Early this morning..."I am awake and cant get my jammies off.wooohoooo! My big Avon order is in!!! And it was a great day. Everything went ticketyboo. I went for a massage at 8:30. I am pretty relaxed at the mo and should probably get DS ready for school. I cant even get myself dressed.la la la la la la .....
My earning should be around $800. Not bad . Wish it was like this all the time. I am going to put it right into savings.
I have turned down 4 dinner/party invites in the last 2 days. I already said no to 3 others. Can you imagine how crazy it would be if I did them all???? I have in the past. I like the new me. LOL!
I have the Candle Light Vigil tonight, where I am speaking.
I have 6 regular kids today and then 2 extras to help out a friend. SHe is going to have DD over on Thurs. I love that she called and asked for help.
I really must get tidying today and sort out laundry etc.
I have every pot in the house washed and sittnig on the counter ready to put away. I also need to make and grocery list. May take the preschoolers and do that tomorrow. I need to get jammies for DH and DS for their stockings.
OKay, time to get DS on the bus. Maybe I will get dressed."

I showered AND got dressed before 9am!!!! 8 kids playing happily. Just about to make some lunch for the troops. Got my baking list sorted out.
I am going to do some spiced nuts too.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:12 PM   #3044  

Height: 5'5"

Good for you Holly-My kids wore me out and it took me a looong time to get dressed this morning, but I had to I have to go to work this afternoon. Good luck with your speech tonite, I wish I could be ther to hear it.

I was pretty good yesterday

B-Water
L-1/2 chicken breast on some salad
D-1chicken breast, stuffing, and mixed veg
Desert-2 pieces of candy
Total calorie count:1255

Have to go figure out what to make the kiddies for lunch
Old 12-07-2005, 07:50 AM   #3045  

Talking

Hey everyone,
Just a quickie. I have to work all week. Food has been so-so. I haven't made it to curves this week. I really don't expect a loss this month. I Just wanted to let everyone know I check in and read even if I can't take time to post.

all the newbies. I so glad to have ya'll here.

Love you guys. Thanks for everything.

Later
Closed Thread