Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 04:10 PM   #121  
fatter than U

Unhappy Good heavens!

First Lushy's oven and now THIS. How much more can a herd of cows stand?

Berrypie, you poor dear! Good thing they caught that awfulness in time. Make sure dh takes real good care of you.
Old 03-09-2004, 04:22 PM   #122  
Dysfunctional Queen

Default Well, Am I insulted!

There I am....almost dying.....eating the WORST hospital food in the world....for Over A Week.....and not ONCE doesn't anyone say, "Where's Frappe?"
Old 03-09-2004, 05:20 PM   #123  
Member w/ messiest house

Poor Frappe!! That sounds very dangerous (and not just the hospital food!) -- I hope it clears up without further complications.

Good grief -- everyone seems to be having a bad week. Sugar, you can't come down with this puky stuff! Isn't it awful how everyone seems to get sick around birthdays and holidays?

Lush, I think there's an obvious response to the ****head who doesn't want his sub to mess with his students: "Get back in there and teach them yourselves if you're so insecure" He'd rather they just didn't learn anything? That's just irresponsible.

I think I'd better get off the computer. DD is recording on the other computer and I'm sure she could use some space.

Kiwi
Old 03-09-2004, 06:04 PM   #124  

Frappe, that is so scarey! Thank G they are taking good care of you. Sorry I didn't enquire after you - I just figured you were off recuperating. And of course they voted you Miss Congeniality, all of us cows are social animals.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:19 PM   #125  

Mea Culpa....
So sorry I am delayed in sending sympathies to Wabby and DS on demise of darling doggie. I didn't have a brother or sister, but I had a poodle and he meant everything to me. Those little bundles of unconditional love are REALLY important!

Berry girl... Maybe while preening with your Miss Congeniality crown you can also vie for the MOP award: Most ornery patient... so that they take even BETTER care of you. Jeez.... Even for Mr. Ashcroft (of public gall bladder fame) who too often seems to have his head up his a**, he hasn't gotten an eye infection. You tell those Dr's to get a handle on your situation and heal you FAST.

Lush, dear... so sorry about your oven..... My best hope is that you can get a whole new kitchen out of it. How frightening for you... and what a relief to have the fireextinguisher(s) where they should be. (and still "charged" too.)

I'm embarassed to say, that aside from being lazy and tired, I've had a good week... so far. Spring is in the air, kids are under their own steam (no buckets required.... Sug-- those things can go away as fast as they come. I hope the BD party is a big hit!) But.... I'm off to see clients now. Am wondering if I should have had breakfast. My stomach wasn't growling before.

Grrrrrrr.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:39 PM   #126  
Member w/ messiest house

Arrgh, Hi Cowsies, hope all who are sick are getting better and all who weren't sick aren't. Lush, if you only bought this oven recently, isn't it under some kind of warranty? Surely you can get it replaced for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, right? While DH was cooking dinner the other night, he managed to set a burner on fire, for heaven's sake. Good thing I was there to set a lid on top of it--he didn't seem to have a clue. Weighing his options, probably...

It's sunny out. I'm in. My house is a horrendous tip. These things must be adjusted.

Kiwi
Old 03-10-2004, 04:29 PM   #127  
loves kleenex box art

I have been inspired to buy a fire extinguisher. These are things never displayed by the cash register so I don't look for them. Now, I own one. Do I need two like Lushie?
Old 03-10-2004, 06:43 PM   #128  

I have a fire extinguisher. I have a smoke alarm. I don't have a carbon monoxide alarm. Do I need one?

It's another beautiful day here and I'm going crazy with wanting to be outside. I have an hour to go.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:33 PM   #129  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Frappe, you poor darling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope the prize for your crown was percoset. Lots of it.

I have two remarkably efficient men cleaning every inch of my house. Insurance Co is paying for all our expenses and is being really, really nice. Sears is giving us an $1100 stove to replace our $614. stove. Things are going swimmingly. We must have a case here because they are too cooperative....but I'm willing to bought off with a new stove. The previous one had those huge grates....they looked good but soon became a pita. Now I'll have reasonably sized grates that won't scratch the sink.

Wabby, just open a window...is your heater old???? I doubt it...so I also doubt that you have fume problems.

I'm a bore. I'm going to go eat somet hing I shouldn't. L
Old 03-10-2004, 10:27 PM   #130  

Bravo Lushie!!! I doubt Sears can settle fast enough... but bravo for you for just wanting to get things fixed rather than make a killing!!

We don't have a carbon monoxide detector. I think they're most important if you have gas heat or cooking... although I think if you have an attached garage it might be useful.

Cleaning lady was here today, so our place is un-tipped. Wahoo!!!!

Frappey Berry, please let us know how it's going now.... Adequate drugs is a good start... but complete recovery will be MUCH better!
Old 03-11-2004, 08:46 AM   #131  
loves kleenex box art

I am just shocked by the shooting of that Masonic initiate near Lushie's house. It's tragic and sad and I don't mean to belittle what the family is going through but if that man meant to pull out a gun and shoot the initiate with blanks TO SCARE HIM, I believe he has taken care of the SCARING of iniaties until the end of time. Lush, why do men in your area carry loaded guns with him to closed social events?

I am home. I don't feel well. Post.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:54 AM   #132  
loves kleenex box art

Painty has politely told me she doesn't know what I'm talking about ... so I will try html as I don't see how to do automatically ...
hmmm...

<a href="edition.cnn.com/2004/US/Northeast/03/09/shooting.masonic.ap/index.html">did this work?</a>

I don't see anything wrong with it. Kiwi??? Kiwi??? KIWIIWIWWIW????

Last edited by Cowpernia; 03-11-2004 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:15 PM   #133  
Member w/ messiest house

I don't know why your html didn't work, but when you want to put a URL in your message, use the little globy-linky thing on the toolbar (to the left of the # sign). see?

I am depressed. There is something so wrong with my computer that I have been unsubscribed from a mailing list that I have been on for 10 years. DD's bus broke down and it took her an hour to get home from school. I did nothing all day but nap, got up too late to accomplish anything, and now my mail is broken. Life sux redux.

kiwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh
Old 03-11-2004, 04:56 PM   #134  

Quote:
I did nothing all day but nap,
Kiwi, you think this is a bad day? I wanna nap!!!!

I'm jealous Lush. I want a new range and a clean house. Do you think you could talk these people into doing laundry too?

We do have gas heat, but the furnace is only about 5 yrs old. I'll just crack a window.

Are we totally ignoring our weight loss efforts or lack there of? OK by me. I've been giving myself a talk every morning, only to listen to my tummy talking by noon.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:36 PM   #135  

Well, SOME of us are actually intending to come her to get support for weight loss. Even though I guess I won today's prize for weirdest food combo: bologna, choc ships and string cheese.... Good news? I didn't eat too much of any of them... and was under program norm for calories... Bad news.... didn't plan well, didn't eat 5 tiny meals, had the choc;. chip sugar thing happening... But scales were fairly friendly this am... so... I'm just laughing at myself and planning for tomorrow.

I'll go look up masonic business...

Saddened by Madrid's struggles. DH is reading a book ab9ut people who get a "fantasy" about the way life "should" be and then stop at nothing to make it that way... even if they have to maim, kill, or terrorize people who were just doing what THEY thought was best.

TGIF, y'all. Whoooeeeeee.. gonna plant more pansies, some petunias a little gardenia, allysum and a lemon thyme sprout. Spring is coming.
Closed Thread