Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 02:22 AM   #61  
Member w/ messiest house

I cleaned up my living room and kitchen today. Well, not too much, but I did vacuum up all the stray threads off the floor and do the dishes that had been sitting around for days. Go me.

Kiwi
Old 03-03-2004, 05:40 AM   #62  
fatter than U

Default Kiwi! Come finish these shorts for me!

Tomorrow is dh's birthday and I have them all cut out, just not sewn yet. I have until 4 p.m. tomorrow. If I had known beforehand that they had SpongeBob shorts at WalMart I would have gotten those. Do they come in XXL??

I am now officially a library lady. Every Wednesday at 8.45 I'm there pretending I know what's going on. Have to do an hour of English reading with some of the more advanced fourth graders starting next Wednesday. What in the world was I thinking?

Welcome DonnaD! Nice to have you here. My kids are only 11 and almost 8 but I can see them being 6'3" and eating us out of house and home in a few years time.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:21 AM   #63  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh went to see MONSTER---Charlize Theron is wonderful as is Christina Ricci-----------Buttttttttt-----------what a disturbing,graphic,creepy,SAD and depressing film!!!!---- i wouldn't recommend it unless you need an upclose look at a really bad scene!!!!----I would never have gone if the dd's hadn't requested it of me----not my kind of flick!! I would like to see the Diane Keaton-Jack Nicholson one.-----Everyone is on the March Break around here---including university students---house is busy like the old days----sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-----how do these kids grow up so fast-------------------------------------
Old 03-03-2004, 10:48 AM   #64  
I need more coffee.

S/C/G: 280/259/170

Height: 5'9"

Monster is one of those great movies I have no desire to see, now I will probably be first in line for Scooby Doo 2.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:58 PM   #65  

In my present mental state I need comedies, not sad, depressing movies. That one is too much like watching the evening news. I want to go see the Diane Keaton movie too. Although her outfit for the Oscars was terrible. Someone needs to tell her that the Annie Hall look is over. She is a good looking mature woman with a great figure and she should wear clothes that show it off. Not skimpy, but elegant would be nice.

You go, Kiwi woman! Good job with the costumes. And Sugar, library volunteer, you rock too. Good job ladies.

Lush, I'm so happy to hear that your place isn't perfect. It depresses me to think that I'm the only one who can't keep the laundry caught up.

I have to go to my Uncle's funeral tomorrow. I don't want to, but for some reason I feel like I have to. If I don't, karma being what it is, no one will show up for mine. (hopefully not for 30 or 40 years anyway). Isn't that a morbid thought? I think I need some zoloft.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:43 PM   #66  
fatter than U

Talking

Cheer up Wabby! If you saw MY laundry room you'd recoil in horror. Four baskets full of clean, hopelessly wrinkled clothes, zillions of mismatched socks (SOCK!) and dirty laundry a foot high covering the entire floor. I simply cannot do birthdays and laundry at the same time.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:32 PM   #67  
The magic shrinking cow

SugP, I'm about ready to toss out the piles of unmatched socks in our bedroom. How on earth can we have over a hundred socks and NONE OF THEM MATCH! (Congrats on the limeberry lady job!)

Kiwi, great job on the costumes! I was consumed with this applying to school stuff, so I didn't get the chance to cheer you on while you were at it.

Bagz, looks like you had fun in Jersey!

Wabby, I'm sorry about your uncle.

Hi Lushy, Frappie, Peachie, Cookie, and DoubleD!

I'm back down to 178, but I'm paying for it. This low calorie diet stinks.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:35 AM   #68  
loves kleenex box art

It is THURSDAY>>>> POST >>>> I will Check Back.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:59 AM   #69  

Hi Peaches, I'm posting, but I don't have a thing to say.

I have to go to my uncle's funeral today. DH can't get away from work, and I think he's only met this uncle one time anyway. Soooo I will have to go all by myself, since I'm still po'ed at my Dad and I don't want to go with him and the rest of my extended family. (my sis's) Not that they've asked me to go with them. It's lonely being irritated with family. This uncle requested that he not be buried with his wife of 50 years, but instead be buried with his parents. Is it just me, or does this seem strange?
Old 03-04-2004, 12:01 PM   #70  
fatter than U

Default OK already, I'm posting!

Hi Peachy! How's yer day off? Can't post, too much partying going on. Dh turned 42 today. Cake everywhere. Got the shorts finished with about 1/2 an hour to spare. They look dorky (do we blame me or the dh for that?)

Not only is my laundry room uncharted territory, my kitchen is health department material. When will it end?

Someone give me a good reason to exercise.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:06 PM   #71  
fatter than U

Unhappy Poor Wabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
This uncle requested that he not be buried with his wife of 50 years, but instead be buried with his parents. Is it just me, or does this seem strange?
Very strange. Can't see how it would make a difference but I suppose some people are persnickity about these things and he must have had his reasons. You're so brave for going, Wabs. Hope it's not too awful.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:45 PM   #72  

Oh Sugar P, thank you. For some reason I feel like I'm about 6 years old and my Daddy loves everybody but me. Dumb, dumb, dumb. It's extra bad because last weekend when I went w/ my lil sis to the spa, I had to pick her up at my parents house, where she has lived for the last 1 1/2 yrs, ($700,000 house in ritzy area, my parents live most of the year in Arizona) and then while I was with her, my Dad called her cell phone and they chatted away. Her son is my Dad's favorite grandchild and my kids have always been chopped liver. I try not to let it affect my relationship w/ my sis, but to be honest, it does. I can't help it, I'm human. My Dad hasn't talked to me in almost a year now. No wonder I'm an emotional eater. Emotional eater, ha! I'm an emotional wreck today!
Old 03-04-2004, 03:21 PM   #73  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

families...ugh.

Wabby, think of us as your family...nutty, yes. But we love you. My family is exactly as they have always been. I only hear from anyone when they want money.

I should go figure out what to make for dinner. I have nothing to say. I've taken a 2 month job. Oh, I know I'll hate this job by the end of 2 months, just like the others...but I'm so BORED when I don't work. I sure don't like doing house stuff all day and it is so lonely being here because I don't know another soul who is home during the day. The only thing I'll miss is The Daily Show at 10 AM.....but everyone has hardships.

Sugar, I want cake. I want Spongebob shorts. My b-day is june...will you come to NJ to throw me a party?????

I'm considering exercising. I'll be back to report.
Old 03-04-2004, 03:22 PM   #74  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Peaches, I didn't mention you but you know the only reason anyone posts on Thursday is YOU.
Old 03-04-2004, 03:59 PM   #75  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

sock
Closed Thread