Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 06:42 AM   #106  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Um....could it be because she is a complete and total b*tch?????
Old 03-08-2004, 10:22 AM   #107  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

IT HAS TO BE THE BI*CH FACTOR---WHY ELSE WOULD A FRIEND OF ** TWENTY** YEARS SELL HER DOWN THE RIVER--------MARTHA MUST HAVE A PLAN FOR HER OLD PAL!!!!YIKKKKKKKKEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS--- wouldn't want to be in her bad books!! ---okay now back to Mundanehood-------------------it is time to clean up the dump and throw out all i can------dd19 will be home soon for the summer------step darlings are coming for a march break visit [one week] and soon the summer of the Eternal Teen Agers will begin----I will have five girls from age--14-20 and my laundry room will once again become a war zone---------------- I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SPRING!!!----I AM HAVING MY KITCHEN PAINTED THIS WEEK-----------PALE CELERY---WITH WHITE CUPBOARD AND WAINSCOTING----I WANT THE CLEAN,UNCLUTTERED LOOK FOR THE OLD DUMPHOLEMY BROTHER IS GETTING MARRIED AT MY HOUSE A WEEK FROM THIS FRIDAY NIGHT------I INVITED FLYLADY OVER
Old 03-08-2004, 01:00 PM   #108  

This has been just a horrible, horrible morning. DS's little chihuahua that I've been trying hard not to fall in love with, was hit by a car and killed this morning. He was a little toughie and he lived for a couple hours while DH & I drove from vet to vet trying to find someone open early. When the vet finally opened and saw little Chopper, he said he had severe neurologic damage and couldn't be saved. We can't live on our road and have pets. Sooner or later they manage to escape and our rural road is like a freeway.

Lushy, don't feel bad for telling the truth. You have every right to feel relieved that you don't have that emotional work dragging you down all the time. You're not cold hearted,you just don't like getting your heart stomped on all the time.

I have alot more to say about stuff, but I'm just feeling too miserable this morning. I'll be back.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:46 PM   #109  
fatter than U

Unhappy Oh Wabby!

I'm SO sorry. Poor, poor little thing.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:50 PM   #110  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Dear Wabby---your poor son and his baby dog---------what a terrible thing to happen----thinking of you guys today....
Old 03-08-2004, 05:14 PM   #111  
Member w/ messiest house

Wabbit, I'm so sorry to hear that, how upsetting. Poor little doggy. I'm sure DS is pretty torn up over it too. I went through the exact same thing with one of my kitties, driving the poor thing to the vet, only to be told she had to be put down. I just kept holding onto the thought that I was there and able to comfort her before she went--she wasn't alone.

I don't know, Bagz, I think if the FBI came knocking at my door, I might be intimidated enough to tell them what I knew about ol' Martha, even if she was a friend. Who'd want to go up on perjury charges on her behalf anyway? I was highly amused at the quote from the friend -- that Martha said "Isn't it nice that brokers do that? [i.e. give you inside information]"

I love the description of your kitchen, by the way. It's going to be scrumptious!

Guess what DH did yesterday? Cleaned out the whole mudroom!!!!!!!!!!!!! All I had to do was point and say Keep That, Throw That. He even mopped the inside of the closet (which horrifyingly had old cat crap in the back ) Boy did he score points!! And it looks good too -- we can get into the closet now.

I've been so bad/good today. I went shopping early this morning and picked up a snack which I ate instead of breakfast: CheezWaffle thingies. How disgusting. Then this afternoon I had to make a big salad for a school event, so after I delivered it, I came home and ate a big salad myself.

Gotta go to a concert. Take care, all you cowies.

Kiwi
Old 03-08-2004, 07:07 PM   #112  

Thanks for the well wishes. I can't believe how hard this has been. We've only had him with us for 4 months, but he was just so full of life. 5 pounds of personality.

Bagzie, you will love your kitchen painted those colors. I painted my kitchen sage green (close to celery) w/ white bead board and trim when we remodeled (remember that?) and I still love it. Will the bride walk down your beeeeuteeful staircase? I know it won't be a garden wedding this time of year.

Kiwi, the costumes turned out great! Wow! I had no idea of the scale of that project. Watch out, now that they know you have the costume making talent, they'll be back.

Peachy, you're too nice to have the Evil Herbie bugging you. Don't let him get you down. Do a little Stewart Smalley. Look in the mirror and say "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it people like me!!!" 'cause we do.

Sugar, I sure hope you don't catch the bug.

Painty, I'm pretty sure you didn't offend anyone. You'll have to try harder than that. You know, I had my kids young, but I'm sure I would have been a much better parent if I had been older. I did the best I could and I'm sure they'll be telling their therapist about it some day. I love them and they know that.

It's such a pretty day here, I think I might actually go on a walk on the way home. It's sunny and about 70 degrees. Just perfect. Hey! DH finally caught his first big fish of the season on Saturday. A 48" sturgeon. His fishing curse is over! We bbq'ed it on Sunday. I think tonight we'll be grilling some burgers. I think we may just have survived winter.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:04 PM   #113  

The poor Wabby family. Isn't it awful how painful it is to lose a dog? They are a member of the family, PLUS...they tend to clean up after themselves and cause less resentment that the two legged members of the family....true???

Peachy, why not let that horrible old eyore feel REALLY superior and leave it all to her. We're your family...remember????? Poop on her.

I'm SO Tired. I HATE my job. I am only there because the some governmental entity requires them to have someone in the room...so today that is all I did...I was in the room. I was told point blank by some arrogant twit that he did not want me interfering with HIS students. Fun.....Yes, the whole "no child left behind" debacle is MY FAULT...why not be pointedly rude to ME...that will show the wonks in Washington.

I think I will use my time creatively in some form or another..I haven't figured it out, yet. Also, I lost my watch..so the day dragged on more than it will when I can check the time every 34 seconds.

I'm going to bed...L
Old 03-08-2004, 09:56 PM   #114  
loves kleenex box art

Wabbikins, a couple of weeks ago this woman came into our office with a box of chihuahua puppies. $150 to $200 each. No papers. Two litters. Three of my co-workers bought them! They are all in love with the pups now. After what you and Kiwi said, I'm really worried about my cat. He has to go out because he doesn't use the cat box. But that road is sooooo busy.

Lohunny, Eeyore can have it. My mom calls Eeyore and me saying she has no clothes. She needs to go shopping. Eeyore takes her. The activities director told me that my mom has $400 in new clothes just in the last few months but they can't get her to get rid of her old clothes. Her closet is stuffed. I think Eeyore should know this buttttttt I don't think I'm the one to tell her.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:03 AM   #115  
fatter than U

Unhappy Uck

Number two son barfed this morning. I'm doomed. Birthday party is supposed to be Thursday. Wish us luck.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:37 AM   #116  
loves kleenex box art

Am I invited??? It's my day off ....
Old 03-09-2004, 07:43 AM   #117  
fatter than U

Talking Come on over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
Am I invited??? It's my day off ....
'Course you are! You can hold the bucket.

Poor little kid can't even hold down liquids. What should I dooooooooooo? I don't think he's in danger yet of drying up and blowing away, but my kids hardly ever barf so it's confusing for me.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:15 AM   #118  

Poor Sugarette!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A pox on Eyore.

I got a new oven about three months ago...basic Amana....last night I set it to clean and about an hour later the back of it started on fire...all the wires and the works on the top where the clock is....it took two fire extinguishers to put it out.
Do I call my insurance co?????????

I have to go to my hated job. bye
Old 03-09-2004, 02:32 PM   #119  

I am at my hated job. and yes, call the insurance company. Lucky that you didn't set it to clean and then leave the house. Coulda been bad. I need a new range too. I'll stay away from Amana. Peach, what kind came with your new house? Do you like it?

Lushy, you don't need this aggravation. Why blow off the cushy gig you had being a stay at home wife? I'd kill to be able to stay home and putter all day. I'm so sick of spending all my time at work, and then being expected to keep house like June Cleaver. This leaves no time or energy for working on my gardening addiction. Not to mention the fact that my physical upkeep is getting to be a full time job. No wonder the DH has so many hobbies - he doesn't do laundry or dishes. whine. whine.

Sugar, those days of sick little kids was a nightmare. Poor babies. Poor Sugar.

Have you noticed I haven't said a peep about my compulsive eating lately? I've been too busy eating to talk about it.
Old 03-09-2004, 04:04 PM   #120  
Dysfunctional Queen

Haven't had a chance to read past posts. Will soon. Had a surgerical complication. Evidently I had a slight sinus infection and the trauma of removing gb make infection run amok. It went into my eye socket and I ended up spending 8 days in hospital while they tried to find antibiotics to clear it up before eye and brain became involved. Since their 1st diagnosis was brain tumor, infection sounded much better. Anyway, I'm home now, with a semi=permanent iv line and dh gets to play nursey and hook me up 4 times a day.

Many funny stories from hospital. I was voted "Miss Congeniality" btw.
Hope everyone else is well.
Closed Thread