Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 03:51 PM   #31  
fatter than U

Lightbulb

BUT if you're online, you won't have an exclamation point like everyone else because you'd never tattle on yourself, only on others. Or something. Life is so complicated.
Old 02-28-2004, 04:01 PM   #32  
Dysfunctional Queen

But you're online and you have both an egg and an explanation point. Did you tattle on someone? Or did someone tattle on you?
Old 02-28-2004, 04:37 PM   #33  
loves kleenex box art

Kiwi, that was so gross. Thanks. I forwarded it to ds.

I had an adventure at WalMarks today. Some local people call it that .. even some who work there.

A couple of years or so ago, I bought DS a watch there. After a time, the band wore out and we bought a new band. They come in sizes and the clerk INSISTED he get a smaller size than he said he needed. There's a measuring chart on the band turny thing and he measured the watch. So the smaller band fell out and we went back to complain.

The clerk that time INSISTED he just needed longer pins in it and she put them in. Now, months later, one of the pins fell out and is lost. He tells me they've been falling out regularly but he puts it back in.

Back to Walmarks where I tell this story and the impatient clerk asks if we see a band we want. She puts it in and says she'll ring it up.

I begin my hissy fit and say I don't think we should have to pay for this band since we never got what we asked for and it's all Walmarks fault. I have to throw this to three people .. one after the other .. and am told there are no bands on the turny thing like ours so they don't know what it costs. DS finds one and I continue my fit and finallllllly she says she'll replace it this one time but never again.

Then she rings it up, gives me the receipt (so I have it replaced again without going through this) and $1.48. The money is because the band that looked like his is more expensive than the one he ended up with.

I was mostly embarrased by having to take money from her.

There are Civil War Reenactors here. They are way cool with funny uniforms and a cannon. I was just taking pictures of them when one of them said I should take their names. I didn't have paper or pencil so he found some paper and handed me a Civil War Era pencil. It was an icycle - nail thing made of lead. I have been poisoned but it was neat.

Hi Cookie. Hi Cows.
Old 02-28-2004, 04:39 PM   #34  
loves kleenex box art

how come sugar's egg is in the shell and mine has a yolk?
Old 02-28-2004, 06:42 PM   #35  
fatter than U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
I had an adventure at WalMarks today. Some local people call it that .. even some who work there.
Sounds more like they should be calling it WalNuts after that adventure .

OK, one more time with the egg thing. I must have explained myself poorly. Happens all the time

If you're online, you'll see an egg with a yolk by your post. No exclamation point for yourself. If someone else is online, you see their egg yolk AND their exclamation point in case their post has gone bad and you need to report it. Offline people get an egg in the shell and an exclamation.

Alles klar?

Old 02-28-2004, 06:46 PM   #36  

My weekend is turning out OK... but SO different than anticipated. Special "date" with DH fell through because he had post-meal diabetic nap syndrome... i.e., he didn't watch what HE ate and insulin over compensated and he was GROGGY. I was CRABBY. (who sayw post-menopausal women are all peaches and cream?) anyway went to see Somethings Got to Give by myself and had a great time. Quiet supper at home, and it was MY turn to fall asleep early... (emotional let down from being mad at DH for standing me up... while lying down!!! ) This am met a GF for brunch, then home to work in yard. prune roses, etc. etc. Will need to do bills and paperwork tomorrow. ack.

CookieAmazon, welcome from a relatively new cow. I'm impressed that there have been no fatal errors at your house.... 3 ADD sons... god bless you... and their dad, who i assume is the organizer of the troops? Yipes.

Lohani, thanks for the update.
Cowp: The yolks are the "on" eggs... the shell is "off line".... I seem never to be on when anybody else is... I'd be glad to meet in the chat room sometime or IM... I guess it's Kiwi or Wabby who's on the most when I'm IM'ing....

Well, meal time calls again... No snowflakes here... maybe rain tomorrow. Thank God football season is over! We can have a quiet evening doing anything besides watch footbal! hahahaha
Old 02-28-2004, 07:18 PM   #37  
I need more coffee.

S/C/G: 280/259/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman
CookieAmazon, welcome from a relatively new cow. I'm impressed that there have been no fatal errors at your house.... 3 ADD sons... god bless you... and their dad, who i assume is the organizer of the troops? Yipes.
If only he was orgnized, he is ADD and in denial. We have made a few trips to the ER, but it could be worse.

Cookie
Old 02-28-2004, 09:40 PM   #38  
Dysfunctional Queen

Talking Can I still blame anaesthetic for stupidity?

Ok, now I understand about eggs.

But I still don't understand about exclamation points.

What makes a post "gone bad?" And who decides what's bad? Is it rude? Is it runaway? Who reports it? The writer herself or the offended readers? Why do most of you have one? Were your posts bad? Are you upset? Do you care? Should I?
Old 02-29-2004, 07:37 AM   #39  
I need more coffee.

S/C/G: 280/259/170

Height: 5'9"

The exclamation points are in an egg. Does this mean posts that are rotten eggs. You never really know an egg is rotten until you crack it open and smell it. My compter is not equipped to detect smells, so I guess will never report a rotten post.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:24 AM   #40  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Not That Anyone Has Complained About My Absence!!!!!!

HOWever I will still report my absence and remark on my comings and goings.FIRST!!! i will say to COOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy glad to see you again!!! we have often wondered where you went after Cybercows and WHAT has become of your partner in Thongs???? I forget her cybername........SO glad to have your cheery countenance back in the herd!!! especially since there are alot of DARK and Menacing Menopausal Moo Mongers about to drop their Estrogen Tanks/.okay,now back to ME.On Tuesday i decided that ds9 and I would hitch a ride to New Jersey with dh {he had work their---boring story} SOOOOOOOOOO I found out when the New Jersey Devils were playing {wednesday night} and off we flew down I95 South to the New York City suburb of New Jersey.Our Hotel looked across the water to the Empire State Building---cool-----------The driving in lushbags land is horrendous to people like myself------i did not drive ONCE!!!!!---i did pay taxi drivers twenty dollars to go for a two minute drive to the Continenal Airlines Arena to buy the TWO HUNDRED AND SEVENTY DOLLARS [AMERICAN] IT COST US TO SEE A HOCKEY GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THE SEATS WERE NOT EVEN REALLY THAT GREAT-------TOP OF THE SECOND SECTION OFF TO THE SIDE!!!!AT ANY RATE----------- ds had a grand time and we managed to cross the river when dh was done working on Friday to see the BIG apple------i really LOVE it there BUT-----i have decided that i will not go back unless i am staying at the Plaza and have a DRIVER----- getting cabs is near impossible----they are ALWAYS full----i thought it would be alot easier------ds and dh went to top of empire state building ----I DID THAT THIRTY YEARS AGO and felt no need to repeat it-----too claustrophobifying for me--------------we WALKED our arses off {ds was NOT impressed with that} but it was fun just to wander about-----impossible to shop with the BOYS around----will have to do that some other time-------------------ANYway---it was a whirlwind trip---we had a grand time,but the hotel charged fifty dollars an hour for computer use,so we didn't hook up the laptop----OTHER WISE I WOULD HAVE BEEN CHASTISING YOU FOR NOT MISSING ME!!!!!!!---- the only sad part was i didnt' get to see lush,but the damn place is so big and busy and it was on the weekdays and I WAS TOO AFRAID TO DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I guess i will have to wait for our cow conference-----date and time TBA for sure--------------that is my story for now---pics to follow----------------oh yeah-------hope you didn't miss me too much----i had a giant margie on Broadway!!!!
Old 02-29-2004, 12:58 PM   #41  
Member w/ messiest house

BAGS, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN???

HEEHEE Just kidding. Congrats on your Margie on Broadway! I'm going in April, want to come down and go shopping with us?
Kiwi
Old 02-29-2004, 12:59 PM   #42  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrypie
Next question. Why is there an egg under my name and an exclamation point under everyone else's except Cherry who gets both?
Enquiring minds want to know.

I think the little egg yolk when you are online, is rawwwwwther cute, don't you? Little hint for stuff like that -- don't bother to remember what all the little doodads mean; just move your mouse pointer over the thingie and a little label will pop up. Et Voila! Instant knowledge! (Or should that be Eh Viola!)

Sugar, no way is your little boy-chick
11!!!! That's gotta be a typo or something! Well, Happy Birthday to him -- aren't you glad he wasn't born on Feb 29th? I can just imagine the requirements for a Leap Year birthday party -- oh the pressure!

Did you know there are no 4 year olds celebrating their Leap Year birthday today? Isn't that interesting? Not a single 4 year old having a birthday. I'm surprised the earth doesn't wobble slightly on its axis because of it.

I'm still supposed to be sewing. I'm getting pretty sick of the mess I'm creating because of this project. I haven't done much of anything else around the house and it's getting quite out of hand. Yesterday was mostly taken up with DD's recital -- she was fabulous, in case you were wondering. She sang beautifully, and the acoustics in this church where they had the recital were very good, so her voice just soared. I was impressed Her guitar piece was very good too -- she played "Scarborough Faire" on the classical guitar, very pretty. She had a few goofs but played right through them. DH took some pics; maybe I'll post them later.

Hope everybody is having a lovely Sunday. DH is playing the guitar in the basement today (instead of in the living room), so that's a plus for me. Not that he sounds bad; it's just maddeningly repetitive. Makes you cross your eyes a lot.

Sugar, I'm with Cookie -- what happens if the egg goes bad? Can you report a bad egg by clicking on the exclamation point, or should you just throw it out? Do dogs get sick by eating bad eggs? Inquiring minds want to know.

Oh, by the way, I caught some of the Carmen Slut wedding show last night and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Kiwi
Old 02-29-2004, 01:36 PM   #43  

Baggz... I N V U the NY trip and Devils Game.... Wooohoooo... but they do cost a fortune!!! Can you imagine having season tickets on the glass.... You could probably buy a college education for that! There's hockey on TV here in a couple hours, then Oscars... a real day to sit, knit and enjoy the recliner, the rain and birds at the feeder... But better get of my butt now so I'm not surprised/overtaken by Monday am.

Happy birthday to kiddo, Sug.... Those are fun years.

I love SBD... gotta get some lunch.
Old 02-29-2004, 01:42 PM   #44  

Default Hope you don't mind that I just jumped in the other day....

Hi, I'm Donna. I know you mentioned renaming me as Berrypie already has the name Donna(also my real name) I go thru this quite often. One job I had there were 3 Donnas all with a last name beginning with D, hence my board name DonnaD. At work they call me DonnaDonna or Donnadee. Will either of those be ok? or is it still too confusing? I do live in a house full of guys. My husband and 3 sons 26,22 & 21. Maybe I should have gone by Fratmom. This is like a frat house at times.

Anyway, I'm currently am doing SB for the second and last time(because I don't think I should ever stop this WOE, I am diabetic, not insulin but oral meds) I'm 44(yesterday) need to lose about 100 lbs., but try to look at it 10lbs at a time. I restarted this WOE 2/02/04 and as of last week was down 9 lbs. I find this site an invaluable tool. The people are great. This is also my first pc, so I a newbie. ( I've been trying to follow that whole egg thing with the yolks and !'s and lets just say, I'm permanently scrambled )

So I hope you all don't mind my butting in. Oh yeah, let me know what you'd like to call me( be nice...... )

Thanks for the welcome!
DonnaD or Donnadee or ????????? help!!!!
Old 02-29-2004, 01:49 PM   #45  
loves kleenex box art

Kiwi ... does this mean that the 29th of Feb birthday people went EUIGHT YEARS without a birthday? How sad, if true. I could verify it, myself, before, but you're just so smark.

Hi to everyone. I can't keep up with all this newness.
Closed Thread