Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 08:31 AM   #1  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Important Cow Conference

Was anyone thinking of loosing weight this millenium????? if so,WHEN????? and shall we AT LEAST map out a few suggestions----LIke ----HOW ABOUT ONE NEW HABIT A WEEK!!!!WE COULD START WITH THE WATER THING----HOW MUCH ARE WE SUPPOSED TO BE DRINKING ANYWAY???????? GET WITH IT HAGS,THIS TRIP IS ALMOST OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2004, 09:27 AM   #2  
Dysfunctional Queen

Saw "SuperSize Me" last night. It's the documentary about this guy who ate McD's 3X a day for 30 days. He was in great physical shape before experiment....gained 25lbs in a month, blood tests went ballistic and his liver function tests became dangerously high. Film somewhat predicatable and formulaic but will be a great thing for our kids to watch! It's going to be released theatrically soon, I think.

I think mynew habit is going to have to be staying off EBay. Just bought a pair of pink sapphire earrings, citrine earrings and blue zircon earrings. I will tell myself it's for Valentines Day. But have to stop doing this.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:15 AM   #3  
The magic shrinking cow

I can't wait to see SuperSize Me! I hope there's not too much throwing up on screen.

My new habit of the week is to avoid "bad" carbs (white stuff).
Old 02-12-2004, 11:42 AM   #4  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

lose weight????????Is that what we're supposed to do? Oh, ok...I thought we were here to pass time and complain. My bad.

I am reading Dr. Phil. I already know all this hogwash from previous diet books...but I guess it never hurts to refresh one's memory...since mine is failing by the day.

Painty, we've met many people on our internet journey over these past six years. Most were completely whacked out and Dusty was no exception. Imagine a teacher/ housewife in a thorazine haze. One of her most memorable posts was when she posted information from the dossiers she kept on each of us. Sugar and Cherry chased her away. Sometimes they are so mean.

Where's Kiwi. Does anyone have an explanation for her selfish disruption of our lives?

Peaches, You are right, but you can't win. I do tell my husband things, however I never tell him things my SIL's tell me...I feel that he is too close. There are also some friends whose confidences I wouldn't repeat to him because they are his friends, too. You're entirely right, but I wouldn't go into it with her, because then she'll have that story to repeat.

Morgan Stanley has lost some stuff of mine. I usually count on ME losing things and other people finding them. I am not up to this kind of challenging interaction. Can I take a nap first? bye
Old 02-12-2004, 12:04 PM   #5  

Loose women are us. I thought we were going to lose weight. This explains everything.

Sugar, this is big news! Maybe your neighbors will become your very bestest friends and your depressive haze will lift. I had a very best friend when my kids were little and we hung out together all the time, our kids were best friends and it made life bearable when I was in the young mom with children stage.

Did anyone see Oprah yesterday??? Wynonna Judd was on discussing her weight trials and tribulations. She's given herself over to Oprah's weight loss gurus and she will be featured for the next year in her weight loss efforts. The first change for her is 5 to 6 days a week, 30 minutes of exercise. No change in eating habits for first month. Just getting in the exercise mode. Of course she has a personal trainer and a chef. I did enjoy watching her making excuses for why she couldn't exercise. Excuses are universal, be you celebrity or regular joe. The show had some rather touching moments. The emotional pain caused by weight gain is universal too. Did you know Wynonna was 30 years old before her mother remembered to mention to her that she and her sister had different fathers?? Everyone knew but her, even her sister.

I don't have Dr. Phil's book - he's too chunky for me to have too much faith in him - I may re-read Bob Greene's book about getting with the program. Oprah's other weight loss expert. Not that I'm not expert on this subject. It's been a life long obsession.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:30 PM   #6  
The magic shrinking cow

Dusty Jane made me cry.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:05 PM   #7  

Cherry, for that alone, she had to go. Did she make you cry by forcing you to read that graduation poem of hers???????

Here's a nice story.....my sil bought me a clock for Christmas. It was ceramic, I broke it. Today, I called the company...a nice southern outfit...to ask if they could sell me one. They didn't have any.....then they called back and said they would take one out of someone else's order and FedEx it to me so that it's here before sil comes over on Sunday. See??? All southern people are not dark and menopausal.

However all southern people think that everyone from NJ is straight out of the Sopranos. F^ckin' A, I'm only 1/2 Italian...northern no less.

I find swearing to be so freeing. Maybe Painty is right.

Sugar, I would not trust these neighbors. Why do they want to be friends with you now?????

Wynona's mother is a nut case. Remember when she was going to die about 10 years ago and they had this big farewell concert...then..pffffft. Nothing happened???

I must go address more unpleasant desk tasks. So far, it looks like I've lost all the paperwork from when I did desk tasks last week. We're batting 1000 here.
bye
Old 02-12-2004, 02:46 PM   #8  
loves kleenex box art

Cherry. what did she do? Is there another story here we don't know??? She made me angry (Cussin' Lush would say P*ss*d off) when she called me "dark and menopausal."

Sugar really did run her off though the part about Cherry is probably a joke.

Lush, there is nothing wrong with not dying and going pffft. You are so crass. But I am not bringing this secret thing up with my friend. I'm just learning my lesson and beginning all secrets with "If I tell you a secret, who will you tell it to?" I guess there's always someone.

Cherry, where were you published? I won't tell.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:53 PM   #9  
fatter than U

Default H*llfire and brimstone don't belong here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Cow
Dusty Jane made me cry.
Right! And anyone who makes our darling Cherry cry is out on her big fat keester, right?

I was watching Larry King Live on CNN last week and there was this guy on there with some new diet book called "One Step" or "First Step" or something where you work on one meal at a time and gradually end up doing the whole program. So the first week you concentrate on eating a good, healthy breakfast every day and don't worry about anything else, and then you go on to lunches, dinners, snacks, restaurant meals etc. in the following weeks so by the end of six weeks or so you've gradually change your eating habits instead of trying to do it all at once.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:58 PM   #10  
Dysfunctional Queen

Lush, I wished you were with me last night. I went out for drinks before a meeting with a friend of mine and a friend of hers I never met before. The waitress are uncharacteristically rude, slow and unfriendly and we couldn't get the check from her. The stranger said, "I'm going to be mean and get that check." She said to the waitress, "Excuse me, but we have been waiting for our check." I said, "THAT'S mean????.....Excuse me Miss, but who do we have to **** to get out of here?" My friend laughed, her friend was offended. OOOOPS. That's another alienated Southerner.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:02 PM   #11  

Quote:
Cherry, where were you published? I won't tell.
Yeeeeeeah, sure

I got here right after Dusty Jane left. That was a close call. She must have been horrible if she made Cherry cry.

Tomorrow is Bunco night. I'm in charge of beverages. Actually it's my big sis's turn to host, but she was laid off this week and lil' sis and I are taking over for her. She doesn't need bunco planning stress right now. My life is just one big party lately, no?

Hee-hee - I just read Frappe's post. I wanna party with her.

Last edited by Wabby; 02-12-2004 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:10 PM   #12  

That is not true..I'm sure you were around when Dusty was...summer of '98 is when Sugar caused Dusty's nervous breakdown...which was taken out on poor Cherry. Peaches has the creepy post...evidence that she probably WAS Dusty Jane.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:19 PM   #13  
loves kleenex box art

Cherry, ignore Wabby and email me.

Sugar, I you. You make me believe the following: If I eat Special k with a banana on top for breakfast, I will lose weight inspite of eating four ounces of peanuts two hours later and a cheeseburger all the way with a yoohoo for lunch and candy for midafternoon snack and a normal good dinner then ice cream and corn chips.

Cussin' Lushin' you are a bad influence.

Bagz, are you writing so big so I can read it without my glasses. That is so sweet.

I have had soaps on today and on each of them someone has lost a baby, a baby is caught in a legal battle between parents. The men are not good at acting unless standing stiff and wiggling eyebrows counts as good; and the women are so alike I thought two of them were sharing cast members.

Bye. I have bored myself into oblivion.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:20 PM   #14  

Wabby, I stand corrected...you are not in the creepy post. I think Frappe is. Frappe, did you have a youth group? I'm pretty sure you were around then...you must have been too nice for Dusty to pick on. Did Alexa send you any pictures?????
Old 02-12-2004, 05:49 PM   #15  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

yikes!! i can't believe you brought up ALEXA~!!!!! she was SOOSSSSSSSSSSSooo transvestitish!!!!! or something-------- wanna see the dress that dd has ordered for her prom-----------------the dress is in at the shop and her dad{who is visiting his girlfriend in california on the march break} will pick it up for her----they don't mail to Canadaaaaaaaaaa=============promming is very exciting-------------- I MISS KIWONKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! here is the link to the dress site---- http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomfr...%253Fcat%253D1 you have to click on page four of the dresses and it is in the bottom corner---a very strange green shade!!!!

Last edited by Bagzz; 02-12-2004 at 05:51 PM.
Closed Thread