Old 04-01-2004, 07:20 PM   #76  

Hi Holly and Sprite,

Glad everone is doing well. Congrats on the weight loss Holly.I know you'll see the inches come off the way you work out... Sounds like a cool work set up you've got. I'm in an office and when the weather is nice it's brutal. I'm an Asst Treasurer in a mortgage bank in the closing dept.
Not very exciting at all. Never went to college and completed high school in 3yrs and graduated. (that was the deal for my parents to let me get married at 17) I did and its been 27 great yrs. I need to reflect on what's good in my life more often instead of dwelling on the weight all the time. Medifast is a very low calorie liquid diet program. WLS is weight loss surgery, like gastric bypass or lapband.

But I just have to keep my mind off food, my *** off the couch and my mouth shut. It cheaper anyway

hope you all have a great night. ttyl, Donna
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 08:32 PM   #77  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

" But I just have to keep my mind off food, my *** off the couch and my mouth shut. It cheaper anyway"

I think I just found my next signature quote!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 08:36 PM   #78  
Biker Chick!

DonnaD, thanks for sharing that info with us. I can only wish you what will be healthiest for you, and what will work for you....
Old 04-02-2004, 05:53 AM   #79  
Maggi

wow, vermont mom, I wish I looked that good! I can see the muscle definition in your arms even in the picture. I am shooting for looking my best, and a friend is going to give me some weight lifting exercise to help me tone up some really bad spots like my flabby under arms, and some other spots for overall muscle building and fat reduction. I am very nervous about that because I don't want any bulk, even when I'm my goal weight I am still very hippy and got a butt, so I want everything to go tighter.

Did you work out the entire time you were dieting? How tall are you? I know working out, lifting etc, would help but I'm nervous about it, can you advise me on it?
magnoliamouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 09:22 PM   #80  

Hey Everyone

Vermont Mom I love Donna D's quote as well, it's priceless Donna you seem to have quite the sense of humour.
Sorry to hear about your dissapointment over the WLS. Even those it's a harder longer road you will be healthier for it doing it the old fashioned way.. At least there are no health risks this way.

Welcome Maggi! You're right VermontMom looks awesome! Only in my dreams......

Well I ordered pizza tonight. But I was sort of good. I ordered the thin crust. Problem is I ate four pieces. I also had a garden salad. Glad I didn't have to cook and no dishes too.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Sprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 07:09 AM   #81  
Maggi

Sprite

Don't feel bad, Friday night we went to a Mexican Restaurant, but I felt fortnutate (probably spelt wrong, need my spell checker) I knew we were going out so I banked some calories and stuck to chicken, and I immediately put 1/2 in a to go box! Then did some research on the calories when I came home and the amount I ate was around 500, fairly appropriate for an evening meal.

But, we ate out again last night, Japanese Steak House, I stuck to fish, vegtables, salad, the rice was hopefully the worst part, but I had also banked some calories, and I need to figure out exactly what the calories were today, if not just for dieting, but for future maintenance in knowing what, where, and when to eat. I have not been brave enough to handle pizza yet. Thin crust was a great idea, I'll bank that one for future use!

I've also decided that no matter what I lose each week I will look at it as another 1/2, 1, or 2 pounds I never have to see again. In addition, I will use this time to educate myself on my past eating motives and how I can refocus myself to maintain, what I've worked so hard for. And I will tell you this, I am going to make it and do it!
Old 04-04-2004, 08:07 PM   #82  
Biker Chick!

Default Welcome Maggi!

Hi Maggi, and welcome! thank u for the compliment I'm 5'6", and I was 142-144 when that pic was taken, last summer. Yes, I've exercised through the start of my journey, I tried for 5X a week. I do video tapes; step aerobics, and toning/floor work. I didn't have the strength at first to do the routines with weights (small, hand-held ones) but have gradually worked up to that. I also use ankle weights when I do floor work (legs, hips, butt).

Making exercise a daily part of my day (redundant, lol) has been a big change for me, but SO worth it!

There's a website that is great for choosing exercise videos, www.collagevideo.com. It's so helpful, as it's broken down to let you choose what you're looking for; aerobics, step, toning, yoga, Pilates, whatever. And they're rated by the staff.

I would be happy to let you know anything else. You had very in-control eating out, banking calories to spend at dinner, and having 1/2 put in a box to go. Is that how you've been doing it, calorie counting? Same with me.

DonnaD, I just took a CLOSE look at your avatar....nice bike pic!!!! Hey, I married young also, was still 18 (one month short of turning 19) and am still married to the same guy, lol. congratulations to you and your husbster What is your situation with the Medifast, or WLS? I know different things work for different people...but it is true, as Sprite said, that at least there aren't major health risks associated with a long-term method.

Hi Sprite! Thin-crust pizza isn't too bad...better than thick crust

I had the worst two days in bad food choices...I had to do the baking shift, which is 4:00 am to noon...and I seem to think that 'cause I'm there by myself for the first 3 hours, I can help myself to cookies, cinnamon buns, scones Especially since I've been trying so hard for months to pare off these final pounds! sheesh, what's wrong with me. Well, I exercised before dinner, and kept away from the leftovers, and am keeping away from the kitchen now. Back to the regimen!

How is everyone else's weather? This is to be expected, but we've got snow in the forcast for the next two days. bleh.

Well, I hope everyone has a good Sunday evening, and a great Monday!
Old 04-05-2004, 06:08 AM   #83  
Maggi

Default How do you avoid those cookies

It is such hard work, but worth it. I am walking everyday now up to 25 min on my treadmill, will start swimming as soon as water get warmer. Bike a little but can't seem to get into that. I have several videos I would like to do, I have the kick boxing one, Tae bo, but would feel very weird doing it in front of DH. I may try in the bedroom (with the doors locked). I think maybe I am not mentally ready to move on those just yet. I've taken on a lot the last two weeks by making the changes I have, and don't want to overwhelm myself for fear of failure. Something I tend to do at times so I'm taking this slow and steady with the knowledge that I have a minimum of 5 months to make my goal and can add things in along that way to change up routine and keep from getting bored.

Right now I am feeling no pressure and really good about making these changes and the progress I have made. The journey is the battle, not the goal. When I think about the goal I get to ansty and want things now! I try and slow myself down by incorporating small changes into my life and moving forward with those. For me, I want this to be the last time, I see this weight! I want to make changes that will stay with me.

You said you did it also by counting the calories. I have found this to be very good for my awareness of quanity of food. I think that when I have reached my goal and start adding calories back that it will be easier to educate myself on how to eat to maintain my goal weight.

You work in a bakery, wow!!!! That would kill me dead!!! My weakness all that stuff. I am still working on my mind to understand why I have to leave all of that alone. Right now the diet journey is helping but the mind is weak and I need to build some defenses up within myself. What thoughts did you give yourself to leave it alone?
Old 04-05-2004, 05:58 PM   #84  
Biker Chick!

Hi Maggi! (and everyone else )

Maggi, very wise of you to make the changes you already have, and are comfortable with that. I was also very self-conscious about doing the exercise tapes in front of my family. I would ask them all to please leave the living room while I did them. Now they all run in fear of my flailing arms and legs

And regarding resisting the goodies...it doesn't always happen Sometimes I cave because I haven't eaten a breakfast that has sustained me...or because I haven't chugged water as I should have. Or if I'm in a mad mood...but all these reasons are due to myself, aren't they? It IS difficult. I just have to shout at myself to think, is the moment of yummy taste worth the disappointment afterward? If I do "succumb", then I try very hard not to get into the rut of "oh, I messed today, might as well pig out more". I try to just cut back for the rest of the day...or even think of paring off calories for the next couple of days.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:41 PM   #85  

Hi everyone
Hope monday wasn't too bad for you all.

Hey Maggie, I've said it before, it really sounds like you've got it together. Your making changes that become habit. That's what I'm trying to do.
Working on the is great. I know how you feel about exercising in front of others. I'm in a house full of guys. No way. I do my exercising when they are sleeping. I know it's stupid to feel that way, but I do. But keep up the good work. You'll be a your goal before you know it.

Holly, A friend of ours that's a photographer took that picture of me and dh riding out of the badlands. (talk about a hot ride) The picture made it into a magazine. Was pretty cool. I'm not ready for heavy exercise yet. Still working my way up to it. Need to get some more poundage off first. But I am going to check out that website. As I lose I like to start and some toning (actually lots of toning or sculpting, with a chainsaw) I'm afraid of what I'll see with the weight loss. I agree with Maggie, a bakery would kill me. Though I've been doing so well. I love dunkin donuts latte with skim milk and equal. I'm addicted. I was also addicted to donuts and bagels, but now I go in and get my latte and I'm out. It's been quite some time since I gave in.
I know how upset you get with yourself when you have a bad day eating, but you always recover and make up for it in your workouts, so don't be so hard on yourself. They would find me face down in a tray of cinnamon buns if I worked there. Imagine that headline.

Hey Sprite, Oh the I have such an addiction. I haven't had any in a while, but the last time I did, I had a salad slice and a regular slice and I was full and satisfied. I wrap the leftovers or call the boys to finish it because I just keep going because I love it, not because I'm hungry. It's still hard to stop. It's always a battle.

Well, hope everyone has a goodnite and a great tues. ttyl,

Hey Sprite, Oh that :juno:
Old 04-07-2004, 06:13 AM   #86  
Maggi

Default hard week so far

WEll this week has been hard on the mind, I've stayed on plan with food and exercise, but it has been a challenge. i've been hiding in the bedroom reading and staying away from the kitchen! I let my boys (hubby and grandson aged 15, that we have custody of) have pizza last night, I had a diet meal. Poor guys, I know they are tired of fish!

I may be better now that I've weighed and said good bye to 2 more pounds. These first 3 weeks have been a challenge to be good and keep motivated. I just keep thinking about some clothes I want to wear and how I will feel and look when I wear them.

ugh, a bakery, just thinking of that still weakens me! I think the one thing good about my diet, if I need something sweet, I just count the calories. So far I have been able to get by without it, but I know one day I will need that small something to let me know I am not being deprived.

YEAH, 2 more pounds, I never have to meet again!
Old 04-07-2004, 08:12 AM   #87  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaD

Holly, A friend of ours that's a photographer took that picture of me and dh riding out of the badlands. (talk about a hot ride) The picture made it into a magazine. Was pretty cool.
DonnaD, that is VERYcool!!! It's an awesome pic. Was it a road trip? I'd LOVE to hear about it sometime, if you'd like to pm it to me!

Maggie, CONGRATS on the two pounds gone forever!!!! What great motivation to keep on keepin' on! I hear ya about hiding in the bedroom to get away from the kitchen , have done the very same thing.

Hi Sprite! what's new with you? Is Spring getting closer to your northern neck of the woods?

My challenge today is to make Easter sugar cookies for a meeting tonight...it's not so bad to have one or two finished cookies, but to make it through the process without eating lumps of cookie dough, and tastes of frosting, that makes it challenging.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 04-07-2004, 08:14 AM   #88  
Biker Chick!

DonnaD - "sculpting with a chainsaw" - you're killin' me here, girl
Old 04-07-2004, 09:31 PM   #89  

Default Oh what a day!

Hi everybody,

Well, today was rough. I've been doing really good this week. Well since last sat actually, but ate more carbs in a 1hr period today than I should have all week. The woman I work with at the bank, we are both officers but she's my supervisor, have an odd relationship. She's not really a people person, though she thinks she is. For the most part we get along well, but she is one of these me, me, me people but of course has no idea. It's not a really big office. Our dept is about 8 women. The rest of them get along with her in passing but since we work so closely I've gotten past most of her quirks. (and I'm certainly not perfect by a long shot) but by everyone elses reaction to her I know I'm putting in extra effort. Anyway, she and her 3rd husband inhereted in a 1yr period a few hundred thousand. The build their dream home upstate and it's beautiful and I think it's great. But all she does is complain, He puts his daughters before me(she has no kids) the are trying to fire me I know it, he spends more on the girls than me. It goes on & on & on . I listen and listen and listen. Well today she brought up money which is a sore spot for me having 3 sons all living home and owing me thousands. Well I kinda let loose. I told here "please stop right there. I have many money issues of my own that I try not to dwell on and I just can't listen to yours. If you knew my situation, you be turning cartwheels about your sitiuation" Well she just said "Well I guess I should leave then" and went in her office and only spoke business the rest of the day. I was so stressed by her pouting and bulls*** that I ended up going home an hour early with a migrane. It's been building up. She follows me around to whomever I'm talking to. I never get any private time or time away from her. And people keep telling me I have to say something because it's out of control. Well I'm not normally like that, but it was time. So I came home and went right for comfort food. Bagels and nachos and now I feel so sick. I hadn't eaten all day, literally because I woke up not feeling well. But I will get back on program tomorrow. But I'm not looking forward to work, she's gonna start and I'm gonna be honest because I'm on a roll. I don't burden her with my problems and listening to hers are actually depressing me. And the following me around is out of control. Anyway sorry I burdened anyone who managed to make it thru my rambling. I just needed to get this out. Thanks.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:31 AM   #90  
Biker Chick!

Donna - how awful! That woman has no right to latch onto you and bother you like that...why are some people so clueless? And yeah, it's really difficult to just out and say, "come on! you're bugging the crap out of me" when it's a work situation.

You're probably at work already, I hope very much that the situation isn't too difficult and uncomfortable to deal with. I am hoping that, just maybe, this "coming to a head" might be the catalyst for her to realize her behavior is unacceptable.

As for the comfort food indulgence, let it go. You'll get back on track...you've been doing well since Saturday, you said, that's great!! Slip-ups occur in real life! and you had a doozy to deal with.

Wishing you good work enviroment mojo!