Old 03-17-2004, 11:00 PM   #61  
One Hot Hen

Talking LOve Your Log-On

[QUOTE=Ivanna B. Skinny]Hi Im new here.

I LOVE YOUR NAME...IVANNA B. SKINNY

I'm new too. Been here for less than a week. Success is water, workout and eating sensibily (for me anyway). I've lost about 50 pounds already and I need to lose 50 more. It's been a very slow process, but I know that I'm gonna be able to keep it off if I change my lifestyle. Some INSTA-DIET might remove the weight I gained in the last ten years, but I feel like if I can't maintain that I'll gain it back in 10 minutes.

You seem funny--I'd love to have you as a diet buddy!
FatHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 11:15 PM   #62  
Abby's Mommy

Congrats on the first 50 and good luck for the other 50!
My goal is to loose most of the weight I gained since college... about 100 LBS. Im not really doing any structured diet... Im just eating very light. Between 10-12 grams of fat per day, trying to drownd myself in H20 and working out 5 times a week. Ive lost 12 LBSand 11 1/2 inches in a month doing that, so it must be working!! What are you doing to be so successful?
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 01:52 PM   #63  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

"Carbs with a side of carbs" laughing with DonnaD on that!! A pasta sandwich would be heavenly

Hi "Hot" Hen! (I can't call you by the "f" word! ) Wow, you have done very well!!!! congrats on the lost 50 lbs, and way to go on the next!

How is everyone else doing, Sprite, northernclipper, Ivanna, DonnaD?

I had a pretty good week, only one day when I caved at work and had a couple cookies; otherwise, have been doing my varied exercises and eating in-control, plus at least 60 oz. water a day. Yay!

STILL snowing here Come on, Spring!!!! Oh yes, by the way, Happy First Day of Spring to everyone

Have a good day -
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 02:55 PM   #64  

Default Happy Spring.......finally :flow2:

Hi Hot Hen (I'm with Vermont, no using the "f" word) I think after a 50lb loss you need a new handle anyway. Congrats to you

Hey Vermont, the sun is out and the old man's got the bikes out in the driveway. (unfortunately, they are in the driveway because we have to clean out the garage ) We've started a project on our 1st floor. Its a sub-basement, but the front rooms are living space. It's getting a face lift. Hard to work inside when it's nice outside. Only high forties, but so nice after all the snow. That's great you had such a good week. You have such willpower. I've been doing pretty good with the water. Aunt Flo has been giving me a hard time about the menu. I only gave in a couple of times. But I'm tired from carrying her around. (lazy, hungry, nasty b*#?"$ )

How's the rest of the gang enjoying the weekend I hope. I'm going to the movies tonight. Not sure what to see yet. So many I want to see. I'll give a quick review tomorrow.

Gotta go Flo wants lunch. (wait til she finds out she's getting salad....ha ha)
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 08:41 PM   #65  
northernclipper

hello everyone

I'm still here Holly just so busy it's the playoffs in hockey for one son, piano grade testing and swim testing for my daughter and jockeying another son to his new job. Dh and I got out for dinner last nite (swiss chalet ) then came home and watched 2nd hand lions great movie. Today started at 6:30 with a quick walk then hubby and I spent half a day at the mall looking for new sunglasses (lost my good ones). But it seems the only thing I lost was the glasses because at the weigh in this week I stayed the same.

To be frank this week I fell off the wagon more then a couple of times(surprised I didn't gain) It was one of those week where everything you shouldn't eat found it's way to my mouth. (pizza, ice-cream,lots of wine,and for the first time in months french fries) I didn't even drink 16ozs of water this week so it's time to tighten the belt again.

I went to the closet to try on the outfit I chose for Europe and can't do up the zipper and unless I want to walk the streets of Europe with my bra and panties showing (the zipper runs the front of the whole dress) I have to hit the ww,low carb diets heavily.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and stayed op better than I did. Will be back on tomorrow take care.

Last edited by northernclipper; 03-20-2004 at 08:45 PM.
northernclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 07:46 AM   #66  
Biker Chick!

Good morning ladies!!

LAUGHING at DonnaD only giving Flo salad for lunch That's cool that you've got home improvements going on! Our house (fixer-upper) will always be a fixer-upper, will never actually get fixed I'm jealous of your warm weather, also!! First day of Spring yesterday, and we got another inch or so of snow. It covered up any bare spots that were actually appearing. Argh!

Also giggling at northernclipper strolling the streets of Europe with her lingerie showing You'll start a fashion craze Seriously, northernclipper, I wish you strong self-resolve to stick to the ww/low carb program, and do chug that water!!

I'm grateful I've been able to keep up drinking at least 60 ounces of water a day, and I do think that it helps with cravings.

My new videotapes haven't arrived yet, hopefully sometime this week!! I really want to get some harder cardio work done, to burn some calories.

Today I work from noon to 8:00 pm. IF it is not crazy-busy, then I will do fine. If it IS busy, then I wont' have time to get a bite when I need to, and will get mad and that's when those d*mn cookies start calling to me. Wish me luck!

Have a great day, and hope to hear from everyone.
Old 03-25-2004, 07:37 AM   #67  
Biker Chick!

Hello ladies!!!

Oh, no, our thread was pushed back to page 2! We've all been quiet for the past couple of days. Hope everyone is doing OK!

I got my new tapes a couple of days ago. I really like the "Fat Burning Workout for Dummies" by Gay Gasper - VERY basic, and she is so cute and friendly . The second one I've tried is "Crunch Fat Blaster Step" with Kendall Hogan. Oh man, this one is flashy and dancy - I was laughing out loud at myself trying to keep up with Kendall's cha-cha-cha'ing hips and feet . At least I kept stepping in place during the parts where I was mystified. I haven't tried the last one yet - "Keli Roberts Step Workout".

I also got an email notice that the site where I got the tapes from, overstock.com, is having a special - shipping just $1.00. However, their return policy does not accept VHS tapes or DVD's, so hopefully one will be happy with their purchase.

FINALLY we might get some mild weather!!! We haven't even had anything near upper 30's yet...and today might be in the 40's. I'll even take rain, as we need it to help melt snow, and to wash some of the crud (sand, salt) off the roads so I can get my bike out more! With gas prices soaring, I just can't wait to commute with a vehicle that gets over 60 miles per gallon!

Hope to hear from everyone soon!
Old 03-26-2004, 08:27 PM   #68  

Hi everybody! Your right Vermont, it's been very quiet around here.

Well we are enjoying some beautiful weather here in NY. Hopefully get out and do a good overhaul cleaning on the vehicles this weekend.

I've been doing better with the exercise(4days in a row, WOO HOO) of course I'm only doing the wimpy WATP videos or 15 mins on the its all my body can handle (considering I'm walking around with 2 - 50lb bags of fat attached to me, that's a work out in itself ) I've also been doing better with staying OP.

So everybody, check in, say Hello it's getting lonely around here.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:43 PM   #69  
Biker Chick!

Hi DonnaD! and ever yone else

I'm glad you're having beautiful weather, DonnaD...today we had our FIRST day of over 50 degrees!!!!!!!! Yes, I rode the bike as soon as I got home from work...got to about 16 miles before it started sprinkling but even then I had fun coming home

Have been doing OK, not stellar, with eating...but very good with exercise. Tried my third new aerobic tape today, and it's great. Burning calories, yay!

I had to train someone new today at work, so I didn't guzzle my usual 60 oz of water at work. I'm trying to make up for it now.

Have a great night! and tomorrow!
Old 03-26-2004, 09:20 PM   #70  
Firefly

Wink Hi

Hi! Welcome back. I too have about 30-35 pounds to lose and have been feeling discouraged. being a mom and having a job keep me busy also. I think, though, that by returning to the site you are willing to make a positive change. You did it before and you can do it again! Hang in there!
Firefli10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 07:58 PM   #71  

Hi Ladies

Sorry I haven't been posting but my computer was down with a virus or something. Better now.

I stayed the same for 2 weeks and lost a 1lb this past week. Slipped today and had a sundae. Nice hot sunny day and everyone in the office ordered one, I couldn't be left out now could I? ha ha

However;I just don't understand myself. I had just come from trying on clothes on my lunch hour and not liking myself in anything. Walked back to work with new resolve to lose the weight. 15 min later I'm eating the sundae and had completely forgotten about my clothes shopping expedition. I guess it's just habit, I don't know.

Hope you are all well.
Sprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:04 AM   #72  
Biker Chick!

Hello ladies!

Hi Sprite!!! good to hear from you. Sorry that your computer was down! and CONGRATS on being down a pound! As for the sundae, I'm sure not too much "damage" was done. We have to allow for treats now and then. If you're able, try to cut back a little here and there to make up for it. It helps me to think in terms of maybe a week, instead of "I blew it today".

I might not be able to wait 'til tomorrow, but that's when I pull out the measuring tape and see if anything good has happened since I last measured (a month ago). I am so hoping to see even a little drop, due to the increased aerobics. But if there are no changes, I will try to stay motivated.

I rode the 'cycle to work and back Monday and Tuesday...it was 32 DEGREES at 5:30 a.m. I tried those chemical heat packs in my gloves on Tuesday morning, and those work very well. The afternoon rides home were worth the cold starts!

Hood Ice Cream company makes some very good little mint-chip ice-cream sandwiches, they are baby-sized (2.25 ounces) and only 100 calories each. They make a wonderful after dinner treat (as long as you only have one! )

I only have one more month left of the winter retail job, thank goodness. But it has really slowed down, and that helps SO much. It is much easier to keep a good frame of mind, when one is not so frazzled that there is no time to drink water, have a bite of your lunch, or be able to go to the bathroom when you have to!

It's a cold and drippy wet day here, but at least it's not snowing. And the drippy rain is working at melting the remaining snow. I have two day off in a row (a treat for me) so today I am just lazing around; tomorrrow I'll do some cleaning and laundry. but soon I will decide which exercise tape to do (it will be one of the hour-long ones; something that I've committed to do on any day off).

Hope everyone is well! Say hello!
Old 03-31-2004, 08:32 PM   #73  

Hi everybody! Hope everyones having a good day.

Hey, Sprite, don't beat yourself up about the sundae. Have to enjoy some of lifes simple pleasures, if not, what are we doing this all for. And congrats on the pound down

Vermont, You are a true rider. 35 degrees, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I bet you'll see some difference in the measurements, if not you must feel the difference. I'm still working my way up on the WATP tapes and the treadmill. Trying to increase a little each week.

I was thrown for a loop. I was all prepared to start medifast and my primary physician called me and was very, VERY against it. Wants me to do it the old fashioned way. Yet he's not totally against WLS. But I am. Read to many nightmares and failures. I know more probably go right then wrong, but I'm just not comfortable with the odds. So after a good cry(which is not like me) I've come to the conclusion it's going to be a long slow ride. Kind of bummed.
I have to stop whinning and remember there are people out there with much worse woes than I have.

Well I hope everyone is well.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:41 PM   #74  

Hi Everyone

VermontMom you said only one more month of your winter retail job. What do you do the rest of the year? Must be so nice riding home on your bike. I always envy those on bikes when the sun is shining. Such freedom. Good luck with your measurements.

DonnaD what is medifast and WLS? I'm clueless.

I salvaged my sundae day by eating very well last night and most of today. You are both right I must allow for treats but not let that be the downfall of my whole day. Just cut back the rest of the day.

Thanks for being such a great support system everyone!
Sprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 08:23 AM   #75  
Biker Chick!

Good morning, ladies!

DonnaD, I also don't know what Medifast and WLS is...could you clue us in? Though it's something that was important to you to try, I'm sorry to hear that you were thrown for a loop and sad enough to cry. Please let us know what it's all about.

Hi Sprite! From mid-May to the end of October, I have a seasonal job at a private club (not THAT kind of club, haha, it's a trout fishing club in the middle of nowhere) as their pastry chef. Think of a country club, but totally rustic, and fishing, hiking and sitting on the porch are the only activites.

It's not quite full-time, more like 25-30 hours a week. I love it as I have total freedom there to choose what I want to serve them . They serve three meals a day to the members and their guests, and I'm responsible for providing muffins and granola at breakfast; a lunch dessert and a dinner dessert.

It's a 23 mile ride from home, and part of the enjoyment comes from, you guessed it, riding my 'cycle there and back. The last three miles are dirt road, which slows me down a bit . I haven't seen a moose yet, but they're out there. Have seen deer, though. Plenty of time to stop, as I'm only going 25-30 mph tops on that unpaved surface.

It's a bit of a challenge, then, to find something for the winter months for the weekly paycheck. But I've managed to find something to do for the past three winters. There is the option of collecting unemployment for those months, but frankly, I can make more $$ by working, and I tend to go nuts when I don't have a structured job/daily duties, much as it's fun to fantasize "I wish I didn't have to work".

Well, after patiently waiting a month, I weighed myself this morning, and I'm happy to see the scale show 145, which is down two pounds. I also measured, but I don't see much difference in the measuring tape. That's OK. I've only kicked up my aerobics in the past couple of weeks, I think I have to give it at least another month. So I'm happy with this, and ready to continue! glad that I get to change my current weight below from 147 to 145.

So, enough about me. Others chime in!