Old 04-30-2004, 05:37 AM   #106  
Maggi

Jaymi_Dol_78

Girl, stop that binging and purging. Get a good diet book/nutrition and keep your calories between 1000-1300, it will be slow, but much more healthier!
You've lost some weight and that is great, but don't get depressed over where you are now. I am on the Low Calories, and I try and eat smart and allow some snacks, and for cravings try and subsitute where I can to beat the cravings. For example, if I'm craving chocolate, I will subsitute a brownie slim fast bar for breakfast or lunch, 220 calories, but it beats the cravings riding your back until you throw everything away. I started at 186 and am now 171, it is slow going, but faster than I put it on. I weighed 140, 4 years ago, and gained the 46 pounds over 2 years, and just kept it on, now I'm doing the battle. Some days are harder than others so checking in here helps me to feel I am not alone.

If you don't think you can handle it alone, join a group like weight watchers, TOPS, Jenny Craig or anyother group you can find. For me now, this group helps keep me mentally focused. I use a lot of motivational reading and other little things. I am not proud, I will use anything that helps get me through the day!

15 pounds in two months is about right, so don't beat yourself up. That is fairly close to 2lbs per week and that is very good! Just reeducate yourself on good eating habits, lose the bad eating habits, and change your behavior for eating junk to good food. Take the time it needs to do it right so you can keep it off for life. Isn't that more important, than a quick weight loss, because the second battle is maintaining it.

A book I have found that helps me is "Flip the Switch" it is about motivating you to flip from fat the your proper weight. I also love weight watchers magazine because it inspires me. Each article talks about how hard this is, no one ever says it is easy, but it is so worth it.

Try and find an exericse group that feels like fun, don't be proud and try and do it all on your own, sometimes you need that life of fun and friendship in a group to give you that kickstart you need. Hang in there, it is a slow battle but you can do it.
magnoliamouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 01:18 PM   #107  

Height: 5 foot

Thanks, I needed that. I have a lot of excuses, but they are honestly legitimate ones. After a big ole arguement with my husband, I finally got him to buy me a tread mill, and I record Denise Austin videos and try to do those. But my biggest problem is that I have a 17 month old that I have 24 hrs a day and a 6 yr old that I have when he's out of school and all weekend. We are from TX and we upped and moved to this place where I dont know anyone. Daycare is out of the question, my daughter barely goes to my husband so there's no way I can leave her there for even an hour knowing that she will be bawling the entire time... (she never stops) Something like Jenny Craig on line would probably be better for me. I dont have a problem with not eating the foods that I cook for my family. I have my own foods and my own dinners and snacks. It's the time that messess me up. Being a mom this time around is much harder, before I had my parents, even though them babysitting for me unless I was at work was out of the question, now since I dont work I dont have any free time. I honestly wouldnt give it up for the world, if it wasnt for my children, I wouldnt even care what I look like. But I want them to be proud of their mother and also have a healthy mother. Both of my parents are obese and My grandparents have been obese.. etc. But this childbirth thing isnt made for my body so it seems to have a tantrum and dont want to act right. (sounds crazy) But that's exactly how it is. I'm going to do better, I'm glad I have other people to talk to who understands me. My husbands says I'm "overdoing this diet thing" What does he know he's about a buck 65 and complaining about being skinny?!?!? So thanks for all the support.
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 08:50 PM   #108  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome Jayme and verabear!

Jayme, 15 pounds in two months IS very good...do you need us to gently scold you and please don't do the binging and purging...so very bad for your body. I know how hard it is. And I can relate to having the young children who don't let you have any time to exercise! I truly hope that you can find something that works for you. Can you walk the younger one in a stroller, while you walk? Walking might not seem like much, but it's definitely helpful. But do try to do some exercise, along with better eating.

Donna, WAY TO GO!! on your exercising!!! That is SUPER!! High five!!!!!

and Donna, I learned to ride in spring/summer of 2002, so this will be my third season. I just tripped 20,000 miles on my odo . The longest day of our St. Louis trip last year was about 540 miles...that was a long day! On Thursday the 6th, we will have just as long a day, to get from upstate NY to Chesapeake, VA, where a fellow bikerlady is hosting us for the night, then she's continuing on with us to MB.

The next few days are busy for me!!!! getting the house ready for our boys (21 and almost 14), paying all bills so nothing's late; deciding what to pack (I've got room for a large duffle bag, a tank bag and a backpack; how hard for a woman to choose to pack lightly! ) I've including some bikini tops (more ) as i've worked hard on my upper bod and don't mind showing it off

I will try to pop in before we leave. And my husband loves to take photos, and we have a good quality digital camera, so we are sure to put together an online album to view, once we're back.

Ladies, take care! We are WORTH the effort of eating right, and exercising, and feeling better!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 10:27 PM   #109  

Talking Hi Vermont Mom

I just hoped I'd catch you before you leave.. I'm in the MB area.... Have some fun for me.. I'll be in the house looking on!!!
Old 05-02-2004, 06:30 AM   #110  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymi_Dol_78
I just hoped I'd catch you before you leave.. I'm in the MB area.... Have some fun for me.. I'll be in the house looking on!!!
Kewl!!! I'll be thinking of you when I'm there! I hope that locals don't get too upset about the area being "taken over" by bikers must seem pretty loud and crazy. Well, we will contribute $$ to the local economy, and I will personally not bother anyone with loud pipes, as my bike is sedate and quiet
Old 05-02-2004, 12:16 PM   #111  

Default Good morning all.

Hi everyone. Getting a late start this morning We were working in the yard all day and the at the home center last night and stopped at the diner for dinner at 11:30 last night. Was I good....NO! But the entire day all I ate was a chicken sandwich from a fast food joint that my sons girlfriend brought over while we worked. So to make matters worse, after a fried chicken thing for lunch at 11:30 at night I'm eating a Reuben w/fries. (for those who don't know, its pastrami,bacon, swiss and sauercraut(sp?) on rye)
and it was delicious. We were starving. So needless to say today I need to get back on track with the food. Hopefully all the work offset some of those gross fatty calories I took in. So we slept late, had a little work out this morning and I am skipping the biscuits and gravy the dh is making and sticking to my plan. I don't dare get on the scale until tomorrow morning. Maybe even tuesday.

Holly, You're gonna have a great time. And pull out those bikini tops and show them what you worked so hard for! It's so stressful getting ready to go. I used to leave notes all over the house for the boys (I was leaving 3 behind) Then I'd call everyday to make sure the animals were fed and all of them were ok. But it's worth it to get away. Since you are now my exercise mentor (I just am awed by the hard work you put in) I was hoping I could ask you some questions, but not until you get back and report on the fantastic time you had. I know your busy and if you get to this board at all, your time will be limited, so when you get back. Try not to stress too much getting ready. Everything and everyone will be fine.

Welcome Jaymi & Vera,
Sorry that's late, I've been popping in & out of here lately and don't always have a lot of time. But welcome aboard. this is a great group.

Jaymi, I know what you mean. It's hard with little ones. By the time I was 23 I had 3 boys. 5yrs, 15mos and a newborn. Thought I'd lose my mind. I felt like a dishrag. Everytime you try to plan a little time for yourself, something would happen. Just couldn't plan anything. I also used to go on protein powder shakes, purge, laxitives....when your young tired and desperate it's amazing what you'll try. But it was all temporary weight loss because you can't do that forever and then the guilt would do me in. What if something happened to me. What would that do to my dh and my babies. Once I choked when purging and almost passed out. With my kids in the next room. That was it. I didn't have anyone around either. My friends were all single and working and had totally different lives then me. But as the kids got a little older it got a little easier to get in a video or I'd take them to the park and push the baby around while the others played and I actually met some mothers in the same situation. Give it time. Also, keep and exercise video handy for those spontaneous times when you can pop it in. Maybe at night. I know nights are hard because your exhausted from the kids, but once you start it might not be so bad. Anyway, I'm rambling. Just wanted you to know I understand. We all understand. You'll be ok. Just no more of the desperate measures. It's not good for anyone, you or your family. And on the really positive side, 15 pounds is great.

Vera, You my young friend have such a wonderful attitude. You sound very wise. I am sure you will do well. Attitude has so much to do with it. I am really looking forward to hearing of your success. It sounds like you have some really great plans. Also check on the online stores for clothes. I think there is a link right here at 3fc. I visited it once and they definitely have clothes age appropriate. We are all here to share and hear.

Maggie, how is our today? Your posts always pick me up. No matter who your addressing. I never realized how close to goal you are. That's great. I get bummed when I think about goal. So I just try and thing about the next 10 on the scale. Watching the numbers change. That's what I need. That's probably where my scale addiction comes from. Thats why on friday I was really freaking out. I stayed OP, did all my exercising all week and the scale would go up a lb, down 2 lbs up 3 lbs down 1lb. It is driving me nuts. That's why I was hoping to find TOPS near me where I could weigh in once a week and throw mine out. Its also a very cheap digital and I usually get on and off 3 x in a row because it changes 1-3 lbs each time and I take the average. I'm obsessing again, what's wrong with me and that stupid scale ? Anyway, I'm not going to give up on the diet and exercise. It has to be helping no matter what the scale says.

Well, I'm off for another cup of It still feels like early morning. My schedule is so off. Will have to get to bed early tonight. Work has been busy and I'm being trained to underwrite. aaahhhh!!!! :fright: But it's something new and that's good. I like to learn new things.

Enjoy your sunday everyone. ttyl
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 03:30 PM   #112  

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks very much for welcoming me. I try, I really do, but it doesnt seem like it's ever enough. And when I do exercise, I'm so tired i end up laying down the rest of the day!!! Sometimes I feel ashamed for feeling this way because there are a lot of people out there that need to lose 100 or more pounds, and I can imagine how hard it is for them, but when I look in that mirror, yuck it just makes me so upset. I havent exactly gotten back on the exercise band-wagon...yet, but I have gotten my self together and back on my diet.

As far as Bike week, I've never even seen one or knows what its like. To be honest with you, the little suburb where i stay, may not welcome it that much, it's a lot of old retired people, but MB I doubt has a problem with it. Black Bike week is what they mostsly complain about, they seem real exited about this one though. I won't be here for memorial day so I'll miss that week anyway. We might still ride out to MB to see what's it's like.

This stupid place where I live doesnt really have anywhere to walk at, that's why I got my hubby to buy me a treadmill. I stay in a golf villa, they have little passages where i could walk.. but I keep being scared that me or my baby is going to get hit in the head with a golf ball!! But I like going out side, the other part where you see alot of people walking is hard to walk with a stroller, there are cars coming from both sides. When I go to Tx though, Im going to take advantage of some of the good walking places and definately get my exercise...mostly because I probably will end of cheating on my diet...staying with family But it will be ok.....

This a long post!! But I just want to thank every body for making me feel welcome and supporting me. ONE MORE THING! I can't get an answer on my thread I started, Any one tried Jenny Craig?
Old 05-03-2004, 10:19 PM   #113  
Maggi

Default Things in general

Well gang I reached 168.5 this week. Hubby promised me a nice facial at 168 but set it up anyway for the end of this week. He said he knew I would lose the other half pound this week.

Last week was hard for me. A couple of days I could have bitten nails, I ended up hiding most of the week. Can myself a good kick in the butt over the weekend to lose the bad attidude, at least I stayed on the diet.

Bike week, always wanted to go. Have a friend from Delaware he goes every year, big ole guy nicknamed La De Da, nothing but a teddy bear, he always came back from his trips with the video and I got to see all the good looking bikes. Maybe next year I will talk hubby into us going down with him. My poor hubby would probably have a heart attackl, he's not use to that much excitment.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:33 AM   #114  
Biker Chick!

Good morning!!

Well, today is the day we leave! Now if the darned weather was better!! It barely got to 50 yesterday, with rain...rain is forcast for today (scattered showers) and still too cold for my liking, but gotta go! I'll have every piece of my insulated, armored, Kev-lared gear on

Here's our itinerary-
Leave Vermont this afternoon, as soon as husband can get out of work. Head south...get as far past Albany, NY area as possible. Spend night in some fleabag
Thursday - head to Chesapeake, VA where a fellow biker lady is hosting us for the night. She's then continuing on with us.
Friday - get to Myrtle Beach! Staying for three nights.
Monday - leave, and basically backtrack as above.

We get back Wednesday the 12th - I'll try to let you know ASAP when we roll back into town, safe and sound and hopefully a little tanner

Magnoliamouth - If I see a big ol' guy that goes by La De Da, I will shout out a hey! (and my road name is - Cupcake - lol!)

DonnaD, I am honored! that you have exercise questions for me. Lay them on me, girl, when I get back!

BYE!!!!
Old 05-05-2004, 04:28 PM   #115  

Hi everyone! I'm feeling real good today. Got on the scale and saw that I lost 5 pounds!! Yay! I have no idea how, because I hadnt exercised in 2 weeks, but I'll take it. Well I exercised yesterday, but that didnt count. The only reason I weighed my self is because my jeans were fitting looser. Boy did that make my day!

I also started these Adipex pills, boy they cut your appetite alright, but I feel high or something. or like the side affects say ( A false sense of Well being) That's exactly what I feel like. I guess that beats being depressed though.

I have a killer headache right now, not because of the pills, but because I forgot to eat and hadnt eaten since about 7:30 this morning. My day could have depressed me, my car wouldnt start so that means I gotta wake up EXTRA early to get the kids ready and bring my husband to work. I almost want to stay at home instead!

Well I just want to lose 10 pounds this month, or by last week of the Month. I dont know if My hubby noticed my weight loss, the first and last time he mentioned it was in March when I dropped the first 10 pounds, but I havent been showing him either. I've been wearing baggy shirts and sweats all the time. I want to surprise him.. and everybody else when I get to tx, and put on some real clothes. I might not be able to keep him off of me then!!! LOL

Well sorry so long, just had to vent a little...
Old 05-06-2004, 05:25 AM   #116  
Maggi

VermontMom

You have a good time and see you when you get back. I will ask La De Da about your road name. I don't think he goes to the Myrtle Beach rally, he is from Delaware. I know he goes to Bike week in Florida and sometimes the one in Struis and I think that is is ND.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:32 AM   #117  
Maggi

Jaymi_Dol_78 What is the Adipex pills? Are they prescribed by a doctor. I could use some help. My doctor won't prescribe anything. My other doctor would and he offered Bondril. So far I've made it without it, the nurse told me her friend started losing weight once she started "One a day's" vitamin Weight smart. I'm hoping for at least 8lbs between now and June 5th, but would love more. I'm just trying to control myself and not push myself right out the door by setting too high a goal.

I'm hoping to meet my final wight goal by at least the end of August. For now,
I'm happy just to maintain within the calories rage day by day and exercise day by day. Just doing that is hard enough and I figure doing that the rest will fall right into line. Of course, some days are harder than others.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:41 PM   #118  

To: Magnoliamouth

Adipex 37.5 is a prescribed medication that surpressess your appetite and gives you energy. I dont know exactly how it works, but I know that it affects your brain (not in a bad way) I have a really bad stomach, so most of those other diet pills just made me sick to my stomach and nervous. My cousin told me she was taking it, and I know that she was larger than me when she gave birth and she is already down to 137. I also know that she has a heart condition so the medicine she takes can't be too bad.
I'm just a baaaad girl because I ordered mine off the internet, it costs probably 30 more than it would if I had a presciption, but hey The docter bill I would have to pay just to get the doctor to even say yea or nay.. would cost wayyyy more. I HATE that I have to depend on these pills, but I swear the fatigue was getting to me.. All I could barely do was lay down. If I exercised that was it for the day.... and I just cant keep it up like that I have a house to take care of. But I wasnt gonna just give up either and gain all of my weight back because I dont wanna go that route again. I just decided that I'd do "whatever" I had to do and I will. I've tried soooo hard and so many things. I know how to eat right and etc, but it was the impulses that was getting me. Id be in the store and if I saw that favorite candy or something I would pick it up. Sometimes I managed not to eat it and sometimes I gobbled it up. But now, My mind is going 200 miles an hour on other things. It still gives me weird feeling though, and everything seems dramatized. Now it could also be the PMS, but I was really crying today because I didnt have a way to get my son to school and that my car was broke. I was like oh whoa is me I'm a bad mother blah blah blah... I know better than that but I couldnt help it. Then if my husband does something that any other day I'd probably just roll my eyes and keep on, now I just wanna straight strangle him!! LOL You know....probably the PMS!!!!

Well on another note...enough about me...You'll reach your goal...it may be sooner that you think! Either way it goes, I'll be here to egg you on so that you wont get discouraged.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:09 PM   #119  
chocolate lover

hi again and THANK YOU ALL very much for the welcome!

Holly, your itinerary sounds exciting! as i everyone surely is, i'm looking forward to reading your posts as soon as you get back. take care and have lots of fun!

DonnaD, thank you oh so much for the kind words. i agree that attitude is very important, and i just always remind myself that though i am happy just the way i am, it doesn't mean i cannot improve. i lost about 2 pounds again, by just eating less rice and really choosing what i eat. i am so thrilled about it! specially because i wasn't expecting it. amazing what even 2 lbs off can make me smile
verabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:55 AM   #120  
Maggi

Can you tell me the internet site, I wouldlove something like that.