Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 09:09 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 193/159/140

Height: 5'9"

Corinna: I'm so sorry to hear you got skin cancer! I've rarely used a tanning booth. For my trip to Costa Rica, I've only booked 4 times. I absolutely will not make a habit of it. Goodness. What was the treatment for your cancer? Glad you're okay now
Ja23: welcome We're a small group but we are committed and supportive.

Meals: Cream/coffee, OMAD One Meal a Day today and a lot of water. Tonight I'll likely have chicken wings and salad.

Exercise: walking to shopping mall and back (25 blocks) at lunch

Positive: I'm feeling better today. I slept deeply last night and this morning I woke in a total sweat. Whatever cold was trying to creep in, was kicked right out of my system. Glad I drank a lot of water yesterday. I always take a daily 1000 mg Ester-C as well.

Negative: Nothing. I feel very grateful to be surrounded by loving family and friends. One of my retired friends is turning 65 tomorrow. I'll have her over for supper Saturday.

Once a week weigh-in:
Jan 5th 177 lbs
Jan 12th 177 lbs
Jan 19 175.2 lbs
Jan 26 173.8
Feb 2nd 172
Feb 9th
Old 02-08-2019, 12:31 AM   #107  
Focus & Determination

S/C/G: 158.5/143/125

Height: 5'8"

Breakfast: Nutrition Drink
Dinner: Central American Lentil Salad
Supper: Mock Chik pattie, granola
Snack: Handful chex mix
Exercise: Elliptical, stretching

Positive: My husband said I am starting to look skinnier. I am happy about that. Maybe he is just trying to motivate me, but I think it may be partially true. So I am happy about that.
Negative: Ate too much food yesterday. I know why, I was cold. However, I should have found some other way to fight it.

Renee-Hope you had a nice Thursday. You must be in the early stages of planning for your garden by now. I have a few pumpkins left over from last year that I am hoping to plant the seeds from soon. Just need to get the area cleared up a bit first.

Follena-My skin cancer was only in the early stages, so I got it before it spread. I have had a few other areas over the years, but I stay on top of it, and anything that looks unusual is removed. So all is fine here. Yippee for getting rid of that cold! Glad you are feeling much better.

Happy Friday! Stay warm!
Old 02-08-2019, 07:02 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 147/See Ticker/124

Height: 5'6''

Breakfast: Shake with Unsweetened Almond Milk and a handful of berries.

Lunch: Vegetable Soup.

Snack: Banana.

Dinner: 3 Scrambled Eggs with tomato, ham, mushroom, onion and peppers.

Snack: Dark chocolate covered Rice Cake.

No exercise today.

My weigh in tomorrow Saturday will be my start weight! I壇 like to lose around 14-21 lbs especially with Spring/Summer around the corner.

Positive: Tried a new fitness class earlier this week. Trampoline fitness class with weights. It was great fun.

Negative: I wanted to go to another Trampoline class today but my body is still sore and aching today so skipped it.

Wishing you a lovely Friday. Hoping to get to know you better during our weight loss discussions. Yes stay warm! It痴 rainy here today! ☔️
Old 02-08-2019, 10:14 AM   #109  

Corinna: Awww, your husband is noticing your slim figure just in time for Valentine's I'm like you ... want to eat more when I feel cold. Your food looks absolutely amazing .. so healthy.
Ja23: I love almond milk shakes with fruit, used to do that all the time.
Trampoline fitness with weights sounds like a blast. But my imagination is taking me to bad places in my head ... LOL. I have visions of me flying through the air, the weight flying in the other direction ...
I notice you are in UK just like Corinna. Canadian over here

Meals: Cream/coffee, OMAD One Meal a Day today and a lot of water. Tonight I'll likely have a taco salad with ground beef, no tortilla chip. We're taking my bro-in-law out for his 60th birthday ... luckily it's not hard to eat low carb in a restaurant

Exercise: just running around. Viewing a house with one of my sons and running to grocery store to pick up a birthday cake. Maybe some stairs at the office.

Positive: Getting more and more excited for Costa Rica trip in 5 sleeps. My bro-in-law sent me a trip cost spreadsheet yesterday (airbnb condos, car & hotel rental, day trips etc). And the family is already talking about a Vegas trip. I might be retiring later than I thought lol. Ahhh ... good problems.

Negative: Nothing. Just really want to be conscious of good choices while on a 3 week holiday in a country where low carb is not possible. Their staple is rice and beans. So I'll be switching to low calorie.

Once a week weigh-in:
Jan 5th 177 lbs
Jan 12th 177 lbs
Jan 19 175.2 lbs
Jan 26 173.8
Feb 2nd 172
Feb 9th

Last edited by Follena; 02-08-2019 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:34 AM   #110  
Focus & Determination

Breakfast: Banana, Nutrition Drink
Dinner: Egg Salad Sandwich, pringles
Supper: Protein Bar
Exercise: Elliptical, Stretching

Positive: It's the weekend. Too bad I have to work, but I get a small break Sunday morning. It's the weekend!
Negative: Tired..very tired last night.

Renee-Has the temperature raised there yet to dry it up some?

Follena-Sounds like you had a busy, but fun day yesterday. 5 sleeps, the days are just whizzing by! You will be airborne before you know it.

ja23-Trampoline with weights! Now that takes some coordination. You must get a really good workout doing that. I see you have some good meal choices too. Good luck with your starting weigh-in.

My weigh-in results show.......up 0.5 lbs. Guess I have some work to do this week!

Weigh-in Results
01/01/2019 Start 158.5
01/05/2019 -6.5lbs 152
01/12/2019 -1.5lbs 150.5
01/19/2019 -1.5lbs 149
01/26/2019 +1.5lbs 150.5
02/02/2019 -5.0 lbs 145.5
02/09/2019 +0.5 lbs 146.0
Total = -12.5 lbs

Old 02-09-2019, 11:35 AM   #111  

Meals: Cream/coffee, today I値l do another OMAD One Meal a Day and a lot of water. Thinking I値l have a homemade taco salad tonight.

Exercise: just running around, errands, housework.

Positive: My sons and I took my sister and her husband out for his 60th last night. I ate On Plan and feel good about that.

Negative: A few hypoglycaemia symptoms where I get negative - some of my brain synapses stop firing. I need protein every few hours so tomorrow will be my last OMAD. But I知 pretty happy with my weight loss so far.

Once a week weigh-in:
Jan 1st 178 lbs
Jan 5th 177 lbs
Jan 12th 177 lbs
Jan 19 175.2 lbs
Jan 26 173.8
Feb 2nd 172
Feb 9th 170.5
Total loss so far 7.5 pounds
Old 02-10-2019, 04:45 AM   #112  
Focus & Determination

Breakfast: Granola
Dinner: Chinese Noodles and vegetables
Supper: Mock Chik Patty
Exercise: Elliptical, stretching

Positive: It's Sunday, and I am looking forward to a walk to church, even if it is my own service early in the morning. Hope the weather is good.
Negative: what a cold, rainy, windy day it was yesteday. I got drenched in a matter of minutes. Hope I don't catch a cold.

Renee-Happy Sunday my friend!

Follena-Congratulations on your 1.5 lbs loss!!! That is terrific, you are doing great! Good job at sticking to your eating plan when eating out.

It's a new week ahead of us. Let's make it count. Stay focused.

Last edited by Corinna T; 02-10-2019 at 04:46 AM.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:27 AM   #113  

Corinna: thank you. You have also done so well losing 12 pounds since January 1st.

Meals: Bacon for breakfast and a chicken Caesar salad for supper. Going back to 2 meals a day.

Exercise: housework.

Positive: My neighbour brought me a most beautiful gift yesterday straight from her country, China. A scarf and Chinese tea. She was thanking me for dealing with our property manager re her faulty sump pump. She went back to China today. Her daughter lives in the townhouse next to me while going to our university. I値l email her daughter so she can translate my proper thank you

Negative: not a thing. Except I知 looking forward to increasing my exercise.

Once a week weigh-in:
Jan 1st 178 lbs
Jan 5th 177 lbs
Jan 12th 177 lbs
Jan 19 175.2 lbs
Jan 26 173.8
Feb 2nd 172
Feb 9th 170.5

Last edited by Follena; 02-10-2019 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:44 AM   #114  
Time for a change!

S/C/G: 245/234/170

Height: 5'5.5

Hi all
I am loving reading your posts.
Am I too late to join you on your weight loss adventures?
I have found myself out a notebook to keep track of what I am eating so I can keep a record and in the front I obviously had this plan back in 2017 because the start date says 15st 3lbs...........Im now 17st. If thats not incentive to stick with it I dont know what is.
Food shopping tonight and then on it afresh tomorrow.
x
Old 02-11-2019, 02:35 AM   #115  
Focus & Determination

Breakfast: Waffles, veggie links/strips
Dinner: Carribean Mango and Red Pepper Curry on Brown rice
Supper: Mock Chik Patty and onion pierogies
Snack: Cookies
Exercise: 4.9 mile walk in morning.

Positive: Happy to be healthy and alive!
Negative: Ate a few chocolate chip cookies that were not necessary. Now I will have to deal with the consequences that fall on my body.

Follena-You are a nice person and you have really nice neighbors too. That is something really positive.

LittleLostMe-welcome to this thread! We would love to have you join in. We weigh-in once a week on Saturday. Hope to see you return and be committed.

Have a Happy Monday!

Old 02-11-2019, 09:23 AM   #116  

Corinna: thank you for being our fearless leader on this journey. No matter about the cookies. You'll push past that and have better OP days this week.
Little: I'll have to abbreviate your name because no one is lost on this thread Hope you stick around and post your daily meals, exercise, positives and negatives, and weekly weigh in. It's a great thread for accountability and support.

Meals: No breakfast, Chili for lunch, 9 chicken wings for supper.

Exercise: walking to mall and back at lunch.

Positive: All packed for my Costa Rica trip. Tomorrow I'm taking my house / cat sitter for a quick supper and will give her my print out of instructions for feeding/litter etc. I have zero stress because I'm all prepared.

Negative: I will really miss my cat

Once a week weigh-in:
Jan 1st 178 lbs
Feb 8th 170.5 (7.5 pounds lost)

Last edited by Follena; 02-11-2019 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:25 AM   #117  
Focus & Determination

Breakfast: Waffles and veggie links
Dinner: Broccoli, brown-eyed peas and rice
Exercise: Walk 30 minutes

Positive: I'm on break for few days now. Weather prediction is cloudy, but not alot of rain. I hope to get some walking in sometime.
Negative: This cold is still trying to get ahold of me. I might beat it yet.

Follena-just think that your cat is having some company over for a bit while you are gone, entertaining your friend. It will all work out fine. Now you can just relax and really enjoy your vacation. Less stress due to all your wonderful preparation. I hope you a smooth flight, wonderful weather, great food, and great time with family.

Last edited by Corinna T; 02-12-2019 at 02:32 AM.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:37 AM   #118  
Time for a change!

S/C/G: 245/234/170

Height: 5'5.5

Hello all and thank you for the welcomes.
So here is my day one of holding myself accountable.

Breakfast: One piece of wholemeal bread, no spread and a small spread of jam - cup of tea
Dinner: Half a tin of beans on 2 pieces of dry wholemeal toast
Tea: 3 egg omelette with onions and mushrooms
Supper - small bowl of cereal with milk
Snack: Apple, Celery sticks
Exercise: walked to the school, tried a 10 minute exercise video with 1.25kg weights (but only made it 7 minutes in before everything hurt) and then went for a 10 minute walk with the kids after school.

Positive: I started and have made a plan of action and my 14 year old son seems to want to help me.
Negative: Was so hungry by 5pm that I was slightly light headed and almost inhaled my omelette.

Plan of action for today are
  • make a vegetable soup - that I can either drink/eat as a meal or use to curb hunger pangs and snack on. Will add pulses as well to make it more filling.
  • Ordered oats (my mother in law is doing a food shop so saves me having to go near any temptations - so I will make oats in the slow cooker overnight or in the fridge so I have a ready breakfast to enjoy.
  • Look up healthier meal alternatives and make a shopping list for fruit/veg etc that I need.
  • walk the dogs with my son and daughter later
I need to start taking my medication properly though - meant to take it at 7am adn have only just taken them now at 10.30 and my head feels all wonky :-/
Old 02-12-2019, 11:01 AM   #119  

Corinna: (((thank you))) so much for such lovely wishes for my vacation. I'm going to keep posting on this thread if I can. Because it will really help stay mindful. I just won't be able to do the Saturday weigh-ins. I hope you beat that nasty cold off and enjoy your days off and the walks
Little: hi there. Nice to see your post. I love that your 14 year old son is supportive. Oh oh getting too hungry by 5 pm might mean you need to switch around when you have your big meal? I don't know about you, but I often make mistakes on my eating plan when I let myself get too hungry How lovely that you are motivated by your babies Ben & Holly. You deserve happiness.

Meals: No breakfast, Cobb salad with tofu for lunch, 80 grams cashews for supper. Really lightening it up since the chili yesterday was high carb.

Exercise: I confess nothing today. I have a few back to back errands after work.

Positive: 1st day after we land in Costa Rica we take a tour of Tortuguero on the Caribbean coast, a lovely mix of jungle and beach.

Negative: nothing. Bueno. Nos vemos del otro lado!! (Alright. I'll see you on the other side)

Once a week weigh-in:
Jan 1st 178 lbs
Feb 8th 170.5 (7.5 pounds lost)
Old 02-13-2019, 02:42 AM   #120  
Focus & Determination

Breakfast: Waffles and veggie links
Dinner: Veggie Pizza
Exercise: Small walk less than 30 minutes

Positive: Feeling a little better today
Negative: Ate too much pizza last night

Follena-Thank you for the well wishes. Cobb salad with tofu sounds yummy. I hope you stick to healthy foods on your trip.

LittleLostMe-Day1 and you got a plan. That is a great way to get started. I can tell you are determined already. Especially since it is not only for you, but for your family as well. That will keep you motivated. Plus they are already supportive of you in your efforts too. You are off and headed to success.

Closed Thread