Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 10:37 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 193/159/140

Height: 5'9"

Corinna: congratulations on good weight loss.

Meals: Cream, Atkin bars and chicken breast wit spinach and feta.

Exercise: just housework.

Positive: weekend
And I slept 10 hours last night.

Negative: nothing.

Once a week weigh-in:
Saturday Jan 5th 177 lbs
Jan 12th 177 lbs
Jan 19 175.2 lbs
Jan 26 173.8
Feb 2nd 172

Last edited by Follena; 02-09-2019 at 02:49 AM.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:56 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Breakfast: oatmeal with blueberries
Lunch: leftover steak
Snack: banana
Dinner: hamburger, sweet potato fries

Exercise: 2 hrs. barn work

Positive: watched my portions today.
Negative: no weight loss

Corinna - you did excellent!!!!!!!
Follena - keep up the good work!
Old 02-03-2019, 02:59 AM   #93  
Focus & Determination

S/C/G: 158.5/143/125

Height: 5'8"

Breakfast: Banana
Dinner: Mexican casserole
Supper: Nutrition Drink
Snack:Black-eye pea puffs
Exercise: walk/jog for 30 minutes

Positive: Love the drifting snow during my walk. Happy to see the sheep kicking up their heels in the field, even though its cold.
Negative: Didn't exercise as much as I like yesterday.

Renee-let me think about this, how can we change things to get that scale smiling at you again. Perhaps your body has gone into the next zone for your age, and the same foods you have been eating for the last few years are now no longer as conducive towards keeping your weight down. So you may have to shake things up a bit.
  • Maybe lowering your carb intake may help. I know that's what keeps you going and warm, but maybe just cutting them down a little or finding a better substitute. Cooking is something you like, so this may give you a chance to be more creative in your meals. I recently tried fennel for the first time, cut up in a meal, and it was very tasty.
  • How about more soups/salads? It may take more preparation for you to make different meals for you and your husband, but it could be worth it in the long run.
  • Try substituting a nutrition drink for a one meal a day. They are several out there. Some taste okay, and some are heavily loaded with vitamins. I have tried several. I am currently using Almased, which is a powder that I add to water (or milk). It keeps me from getting hungry. I use 1/2 the amount that they suggest, and it works out fine for me for one meal. I have tried adding straight cocoa powder or cinnamon as suggested, but I prefer it plain and with just water. That cuts some calories out of my day and is still healthy.
  • Try a different type of exercise that takes only 20 minutes and you can do from your chair. I found this one on youtube.com at /watch?v=azv8eJgoGLk Take a look and tell me what you think?

Follena-Wow, you definitely got some sleep. That is good. Your body needed it.
Congratulations on your 1.8lb loss. Yes for success! Good job
Now don't lose the momentum, keep it going, you know how to do it so don't stop.

Last edited by Corinna T; 02-03-2019 at 03:05 AM.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:17 PM   #94  

Corinna: sheep kicking up their heels ... how adorable.

Meals: Cream, Atkin bars and 3 egg omelet with avocado, sour cream & salsa.

Exercise: just housework.

Positive: itís the weekend and Iím so excited for Costa Rica in 10 more sleeps.

Negative: nothing.

Once a week weigh-in:
Saturday Jan 5th 177 lbs
Jan 12th 177 lbs
Jan 19 175.2 lbs
Jan 26 173.8
Feb 2nd 172

Last edited by Follena; 02-09-2019 at 02:49 AM.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:00 PM   #95  

Corrina - thanks for the suggestions

Exercise: 2 hrs. barn work
1/2 hr. walk
Old 02-04-2019, 02:57 AM   #96  
Focus & Determination

Breakfast: Granola with berries
Dinner: Nutrition Drink
Supper: Indian Food
Snack: Black-eyed Pea puffs
Exercise: Elliptical, Stretching

Positive: Avoided all the sweets during the Superbowl festivities. Did not fall under peer pressure.
Negative: I did have a second serving of Indian food. I could have probably done without it. However, I was good to not overstuff myself.

Renee-how was your Superbowl party? Did you have a good time? What type of dishes did you prepare? Hope you had a good time.
Follena-just 9 more sleeps now. It is coming up fast. How exciting!

Have a good Monday, the start of a fresh week.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:04 AM   #97  

Happy Monday Corinna and Renee.

Meals: Cream, 6 slices bacon, chicken breast and broccoli salad, lettuce wrapped burger for supper.

Exercise: walking and errands

Positive: well ... it's Monday but yes, 9 more sleeps LOL.

Negative: My strategy for survival in the office today is visit various favorite co-workers in our office, go for coffee at 10:00 am, leave the office at lunch to pick up some shoes on VarageSale and drop off my leather coat at the cleaners, and leave the office a bit early today.

Once a week weigh-in:
Saturday Jan 5th 177 lbs
Jan 12th 177 lbs
Jan 19 175.2 lbs
Jan 26 173.8
Feb 2nd 172

Last edited by Follena; 02-09-2019 at 02:50 AM.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:26 AM   #98  

Corinna and Follena: I need to step away from the forum. I make healthy well balanced meals for my family and I need to rethink my eating habits. Continued good luck with your weight loss.

Last edited by Renee3; 02-04-2019 at 09:28 AM.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:14 AM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee3 View Post
Corinna and Follena: I need to step away from the forum. I make healthy well balanced meals for my family and I need to rethink my eating habits. Continued good luck with your weight loss.
Oh Renee! Sorry to see you leave the thread. But I understand there's a right time for everything. Thanks for the good luck and all the same to you
Old 02-05-2019, 02:45 AM   #100  
Focus & Determination

Breakfast: Granola
Dinner: Chinese Noodles
Supper: Granola

Positive: Got a lot more house cleaning done. It kept me away from the food and I got a bit of exercise from it.
Negative: My diet buddy is taking a pause for now. I don't want to lose contact with her.

Renee-I am always here for you no matter what. Our friendship over the years is based on something more important, and that is what comes from the heart/soul. So you can post whatever you want, and whenever you want. I'll understand. Friends always

Follena-Sorry to hear that your work or office environment is so unbearable. It must be very frustrating for you and unsatisfying. Your vacation is coming up soon to give you a break from it all.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:19 AM   #101  

Meals: Cream, 6 slices bacon, A&W teenburger wrapped in lettuce and sweet potato fries, Red Lobster: 3 cheese stuffed mushrooms, Caesar salad with shrimp no croutons.

Exercise: walking at lunch

Positive: The knee I injured on ice a few weeks ago is completely healed. After Costa Rica (and may be even during), I plan on resuming yoga. Also seeing my lovable niece for supper tonight. Also can't wait to see my lovable cat after work - it's crazy how much I love her.

Negative: Corinna thank you so much for putting up with my talk of the office. Today my negative is the weigh scale told me I'm up one pound. I never like to see that, especially after eating on plan. But ... weight loss is not linear so I'll survive

Once a week weigh-in:
Jan 5th 177 lbs
Jan 12th 177 lbs
Jan 19 175.2 lbs
Jan 26 173.8
Feb 2nd 172 (5 pounds is the usual amount of weight I lose in a month)

Last edited by Follena; 02-05-2019 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:56 AM   #102  
Focus & Determination

Breakfast: Nutrition Drink, bite of egg/veggie strip
Lunch: Bean Enchilada
Supper: Veggie pizza, celery, hummus
Snack: protein bar
Exercise: 4 mile walk

Positive: My husband walked with me yesterday. No encouragement needed. I am looking forward to cooking a new meal today.
Negative: Ate too much last night while watching TV. I need to remove the food from the room. I already know this too.

Renee: Wishing you much sunshine to chase away those rainy days.

Follena: Nice avatar picture. Is that recent? That is good news that your knee has healed. I know you must be so happy about that. I can understand how you feel about your cat. My dog is like my own kid. I love him so much and he is definitely spoiled.

Have a happy Tuesday!

Last edited by Corinna T; 02-06-2019 at 01:57 AM.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:27 AM   #103  

Corinna: that is so nice your husband came for a walk without any coaxing. Stuff like that makes my day. Awww, you have a dog. They are like our children. And I bet your dog is happy to join you for walks every single time! My avatar picture is a couple years ago when I took the grown kids to Disneyworld in Orlando. More recent pics are on my profile page. I just love the one that's 2 years ago because it reminds me of me at my goal weight.

Meals: Cream, 5 slices bacon and 2 fried eggs, 80 grams peanuts, salad from The Chopped Leaf. I've been allowing more and more food in my diet .. especially with the cold snap of weather. Now it's time to cut it back again.

Exercise: walking at lunch

Positive: Went for a tanning session yesterday and the warmth felt so good. I put lotion all over but must have missed my left ear ... because it got a little crispy

Negative: Have a little stomach upset since last night but better this week than next! A road trip for work was cancelled today due to my boss having the flu so maybe I have a bit of the same.

Once a week weigh-in:
Jan 5th 177 lbs
Jan 12th 177 lbs
Jan 19 175.2 lbs
Jan 26 173.8
Feb 2nd 172
Feb 9th
Old 02-07-2019, 02:24 AM   #104  
Focus & Determination

Breakfast: Nutrition Drink
Dinner: Lentil stuffed peppers, salad
Supper: Granola
Snack: Handful of chex mix
Exercise: Walk 3 miles

Positive: Beautiful, sunny day. Nice walk with husband. Snowdrop flowers are all around. Good day overall.
Negative: feeling like I am bloating up again. That's not good.

Renee-Guess the Groundhog is predicting an early spring. That means your flowers will soon be blooming spreading beauty everywhere.
Follena-That would be terrible to get sick. I hope you get well soon. You definitely don't want anything impacting your trip. I use to use a tanning bed many years ago, when I lived in a colder climate. I remember the warmth from it. Unfortunately, I got skin cancer some years later and I believe it was from using it. Hope your body is stronger than mine. What a very sweet cat and lovely family. You are truly blessed.

Have Happy Thursday! Remember God Loves You!!

Old 02-07-2019, 04:55 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 147/See Ticker/124

Height: 5'6''

Please may I join your group? Really need the motivation. Want to lose some stubborn weight xxx
Closed Thread