Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 09:27 PM   #46  
Told I have a pretty face

Hi Gals,

Where was everyone?!?! I was in the chat room all alone how is it going with all of you? Things are okay here. I haven't been doing too great on the dieting, one day good, the other day not so good. Janett, I applaud you're decision to lose 15 by the end of the year. YOU CAN DO IT!!! Not much going on in my world..I'm just so glad to see so many new faces

LA
Old 09-11-2003, 09:36 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

LA, Sorry I missed you in chat. I got sucked into a show & didn't notice the time. I checked around 8:20 & no one was there....
I'm such a bad friend. PLEASE forgive me!!!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Welcome Janett.

Will write more later. Having bad weather & want to shut down.

Just think, tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! YIPEEE!!!
Old 09-11-2003, 11:37 PM   #48  

Hi All!

Sorry I missed you in chat....program wouldn't load for some reason. Who knows? Probably my fault. No news on my end...still waiting on security clearance for the job so I'm in limbo. Trying to gear myself up for diet and exercise but finding every excuse to avoid it..... Not good.

Feel free to boot me in the rear! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Deb
Old 09-12-2003, 02:53 PM   #49  

Height: 5'10"

Hi all! I am new here, and thought I would check it out...from the good stuff I heard from JenJen.

I am 27 years old, from southwest Missouri and am currently on LA Weightloss trying to loose 52 lbs. So far I have lost 12.4 lbs, and have 39.6 lbs to go. I have been on LAWL for the last 6 weeks, and am really needing some encouragement. This is pretty much the longest I have ever stayed on a diet, but it seems to be coming off really slowly. I am one of those ppl that lose interest fast if the weight does not just fall off. However, I am trying to change my eating lifestyle instead of just lose weight. I am pretty much "anti-veggie" so I have a really hard time getting in the needed veggies.

What diets/plans are you guys on right now?
How much do you hope to lose?
How old are you guys?

Hope to hear more from you guys later!
ad4now

Old 09-13-2003, 03:38 PM   #50  

Hi everyone. Hope y'all are enjoying your weekend.

LA, Hope you enjoy your visit w/your grandma & your vacation. Check in when you can.

Welcom ad4now. I'm 32, single, never married, no pets. I want to lose about 70-75 pounds. Right now, I am just trying to eat healthier & exercise. Really no set plan.

Deb, I know what you mean about the motivation. I keep bouncing back and forth.

Well, I am having the movie weekend. I went & saw Matchstick Men last night. I really liked it. I thought Nicholas Cage was awesome. I'm going to see Once Upon a Time in Mexico in just a little bit & tomorrow I am going to see the regional premeire of Secondhand Lions. Of course, I am doing all these things ALONE! (A guy sat next to me last night, does that count as a date??? )

We had our "employee picnic" today. I went for a bit to make an appearance, but didn't stay too long. I've spent way to much time dealing with work. I don't want to spend 1/2 my weekend with these people.

Anyway, I guess that's it. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:56 PM   #51  

Default hi

Boy oh boy, I know how LIbbeyLee feels. I lost my job, no second income here. Being on my own can be somewhat exciting, but this is not good. Almost everyone else that got the axe at work has a husband, they are all excited about trying out new careers. I am scared and mortified. I feel jelous of people who have supportive husbands. The depression of being without a job and worrying about how to pay my mortgage is not really sending me to eat. I almost feel nauseated. I eat, then I feel like I am going to lose my stomach. Not fun!!

Hope everyone is happily employed and able to pay bills better than me!
Happy dieting!
Old 09-13-2003, 07:18 PM   #52  
stbakd

i losst 1.8 at the scale today have good weekend all
glen
Old 09-14-2003, 01:52 AM   #53  

Default Jillzeebean

Sorry to hear you lost your job too. Are you recently unemplyed or are you back to work now?

Where are you and waht kind of work do you do (you can PM that if you dont want that to be public). Maybe we can help each other with the job thing too!

Things are worse here - there are at least a few jobs open that match my skills in Atlanta but there are so many out of work that competition is fierce.

Still havent been back to the gym - going on 3 weeks now.

My crazy dog has allergies and after a huge vet bill including a cortisone shot she is peeing all over the house - no warning, no bark that she wants out, just sqaut and whoosh.

I know how you feel about the mortgage - I was in the midst of major house repairs, new hvac, termite damage repair, pulled down wallpaper all over the place - now who can spend money on this house? I am not sure how much more I can take.

OK - this is too whiny - I may have to stop posting til I come out of this funk.

See ya'll later
Old 09-14-2003, 06:17 PM   #54  

Hi All,

Start the new job tomorrow. Now to make the decision as to whether I want it full or part time. Could really use the money but worry about screwing my back up worse. Decisions - decisions.

Decided that tomorrow is my start date on the diet and exercise. Figure if I set up more of schedule I'll stick to it. We'll have to see. Be nice to just get out of the house. Pretty sad that my life has come to this....excitement about work because it gets me out of the house!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Deb
Old 09-14-2003, 07:13 PM   #55  

Hi All,

Boy I tell you what, leave for a few days and it all just goes downhill

To our unemployed, hang in there and don't do anything rash!!! It's hard to read your messages because there's nothing I can do, but I will keep you all in my prayers. I have determined one thing:
Realistically: We all couldn't live without our jobs
Idealistically: We All could live without our jobs

Hang in there you guys and just keep on trying. There's always a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, you just gotta weather some dark clouds

For our newly employed: Do what you can. If you feel like doing more, then do so. But if you can't, don't. You don't to wind up feeling worse.

To our new member: WELCOME!! It's always fun to see a green worm with glasses in our midst.

To our big losers: CONGRATULATIONS!! You worked hard and it's paid off

To our gainers: Well, what comes on must go off. Let's try another week.

As for me, I've been doing okay. Grandma and I went to the gym the other day and went swimming and did some water aerobics. I must really be out of shape because my should was KILLING me last night. Oh well, no pain no gain. I have been so-so eating wise. We leave for PA tomorrow. I'll talk to you Wednesday night. Now get out there and have a good week...or you'll have to answer to me
Old 09-15-2003, 12:25 AM   #56  

Default hi

hey everyone! i see it's been a busy weekend on here. i was at the lake again all this weekend. had a very good time. i have another date lined up. the only thing i am worried about is he is much younger than i am. (13yrs) my friends all tell me that it shouldn't matter. he acts and looks older than he is. i guess we'll see what happens

hi to the newbies!! i am almost 38, never married and no kids. it's just my dog and me.

deb -don't overdue it. i am back to work and my back is killing me again. there is nothing i can due about it, except take it easy on those days. the drs say i just have to deal with it, but i have to work to pay the bills.....

glen- congrats on the 1.8 gone forever!!!

jenjen- how was that mexica movie. that looks like one i want to see???my union picnic is this coming saturday and i'm not sure i want to go for the same reasons.

well, i'm pooped so i'm going to hit the hay. tomorrow is going to be a big work day. i am calling off my real job to help close up things at one of the places at the lake.

good nite!
kathy
Old 09-15-2003, 06:47 PM   #57  

Hi everyone. Hope you survived a Monday.

Jillzebean, Sorry to hear about your job. It must be tough. Just don't give up. Hopefully, you will find something soon & something that you will enjoy.

Glen, Congrats on the loss.

Deb, How did the first day go?

Libby, Please don't quit posting. We're here to support you in whatever way you need.

LA, I'm worried about you with the bad weather heading your way. Be careful out there.

Kathy, A date? What's a date? Don't worry about the age thing. Who's going to know? The movie was good. Of course, I didn't realize it was part of a trilogy! Go figure. Somewhat gorey, a little funny, and all & all a good film. I just love Johnny Depp though & thought he's been great in this & Pirates of the Carribean.

I also saw Secondhand Lions. I loved it. I'm a huge Robert Duvall fan. It was filmed in & around Austin, so that was cool too. Just a very hearwarming movie. Something that anyone can go see. Plus, I think it reminded me of some of the men in my family.

I've been eating okay. Not great, but better than usual. I still haven't really figured out how I am going to accomplish this goal. Still figuring out the options.

Well, better get going. Monday Night Football isn't too far away. My fantasy football teams aren't performing too well this week & I have a few more players playing tonight.

Have a great week!
Old 09-16-2003, 05:42 PM   #58  

Hi All!

First and second day of work went okay. Job is really easy actually...just sitting in front of a computer. It's killing my back though. Not really sure what I'm going to do about it. Similar to Ck I need the money. I'm going to sign up for physical therepy tomorrow...hopefully I can get appointments right after work. I'm working at the hospital.

On the plus side, I get my lunch half price. I've been getting a salad and brought in grilled chicken as a topper. I'm trying to follow the whole Dr Phil thing. Not sure how it will go but I'm willing to take a shot.

Sorry about those of you looking for work. I've been floating in the unemployment isle too. I was laid off from a seasonal job in May. Hadn't worked prior to that since the previos season. Was not cool! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Kathy, a date?? Good for you! I wouldn't worry about the age. As long as he's not using the word "Dude" or living with his parents...it's all good! Then again, don't know about you guys, but when I meet someone around my age who's not married I have to question why. Pretty evil of me, I know.

Hope everyone has a great week. If I'm not posting everyday it's probably because I'm coming home and crashing.

Deb
Old 09-17-2003, 12:10 AM   #59  

Default hi

hey there!! i hope all is well.

deb-make sure you get up to stretch!!!

i'm glad you mentioned dr. phil... i was going to ask if anyone was catching this new weight loss challenge on his show and if anyone has read the book yet??? i got the book and just started it. i also checked out his website(drphil.com) and it is pretty informative.

tomorrow is the dreaded weigh-in day. somehow i have to conquer these weekends. wish me luck!

have a happy humpday!!
kathy
Old 09-17-2003, 09:12 PM   #60  

Hi All,

I'm back. The trip went well. I'm very tired from sitting in a bus for 2 days but otherwise things are fine.

I guess no chat this week. Sorry, I'm not prepared this week. We'll do it next week, I promise.

Hope you are all well.

LA
Closed Thread