Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 10:13 AM   #76  

Height: 5'10"

Thanks Kathy I was really feeling down about not losing....so it came at a really good time.

I am on the LA Weight Loss plan, how does the WW Flexpoints work? Just curious...as I know growing up, my mom did WW but I was young enough that I don't really remember all the details.
Thanks have a great day!
Take care,
ad4now
Old 09-23-2003, 07:28 PM   #77  

hi all and thanks for your warm welcome :-)
anyway, i've been officially single again for a week and actually i'm doing pretty well. i still get nostalgic at times but hey that's normal and eventually i know i will start dating again. for now i'm focusing on ME and what makes me happy. i'm proud to say i've been going to the gym for about an hour almost every day and it seems to help me a lot both emotionally and ofcourse physically. and good friends are also around to shop and just hang out with and now this chat group is also very good. i'm definitely up for the halloween challenge, so count me in--- hope to hear from you guys soon ;-)
Old 09-23-2003, 09:24 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi gang. Hope you are having a good week.

I've been a bit under the weather & haven't been to work. I will go in tomorrow & just have a short week.

I've been eating okay. Actually, I haven't eaten too much the past couple of days just because I haven't felt the greatest.

I've been reading up on starting my own business. I'm tired of this type of rat race & want to be my own boss.

Are we still chatting tomorrow night? 8:30 CST right?

Hope all y'all keep hanging in there. We can do this!
Old 09-25-2003, 09:49 PM   #79  

Thumbs down

Hey Gang!

Well, this will be quick because ER is about to start.

LA & I chatted last night. We decided we needed some sort of meeting/reunion. We're thinking March or April in Las Vegas. Soemthing like a long weekend.

Let us know what you think. It would be a great way to hang out, get to know each other and have a little vacation.

I know times are tight for everyone. But maybe with enough planning we can make it.

Let us know. Take care. Talk to ya later.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:14 AM   #80  

Default hi

hey there! weigh in day went well. i lost 1.5. yippeee! i also woke up that morning sick as a dog. i caught some kind of cold, so i've been living on soup and crackers for the last 2 days. and i haven't been counting it. when i'm miserably sick i don't care about much. aren't i terrible??!!!

jenjen- i thought i had this great idea about a pet sitting business in my area. i started doing the research, spent $100 on this startup kit, then i took my dog to the vet one day and on their bulletin board was 4-5 other services. i never seen them advertised anywhere else so i thought there weren't any around here. there went that idea!!! i know what you mean though, i'd like to make my own hours etc..... it would be nice. good luck to you!

snowball- i can say it gets easier with time. i did the same, just focused on myself. going to the gym is a great start. keep up the good work!!

ad4now- with the flexpoint system you get set target points for the day to use and there are 35 extra you can use or not use thru the week. then you can earn a few per day with exercise. each food is a certain point value depending on fat, fiber, and calories. the healthier it is the less points it is etc.... it seems to be working for me and i like it.

well, off to make more soup and hit the hay.

happy friday to all!!

kathy
Old 09-28-2003, 10:11 PM   #81  
Told I have a pretty face

Default HI There

Hello,

How is everyone doing? I'm okay.

Friday was CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a breakdown, full of tears, emotions, name-calling, fighting. I crammed an entire pkg of skittles down my mouth and went home and pigged out. Afterwards I felt horrible....so, here it goes:

I will no longer use food to dull my emotions. I will be a big girl (No put intended) and play nice with co-workers.

I will no longer let my job dictate how I feel. It's 8 hours of my day and afterwards, I can leave.

But there is a silver lining. I was actually OP this weekend. For you weight watchers, you know that those flex points are TERRIFIC but I can be pretty leniant. This will have to stop. I just found out a relative may be getting married and I'll be damned if I'm going to be fat for that wedding! I may not be skinny, but I'm not going to be this big, either.

As for my challenge, I thought of you all when I ate the skittles.

Also, I went shopping in Atlanta this weekend and bought pants that were a size smaller

Let's chat this Wednesday. 9:30 p.m. It's fun watching The Bachelor while we're typing.

Gotta go get ready (I actually bought veggies to pack as a snack for tomorrow. And I'm going to go to the gym tomorrow morning.

LA
Old 09-29-2003, 02:06 PM   #82  

hi all--- i would love to be part of the chat session, but don't know how to get in on it--- hope you guys can let me know how to join in. anyway, this weekend i was pretty bad and started to pig out starting saturday night after speaking with my ex. and i got all emotional and blew the rest of the weekend being bad on sweets. its a new day and i've been good so far today and will try to hit the gym later. hope to hear from you guys later ;-)
Old 09-29-2003, 07:00 PM   #83  

Hi gang.

Hope you had a decent Monday. Mine was busy. We have a conference on Weds & leave tomorrow afternoon, so I'm trying to get everything done. Now, I still need to pack.

LA, What a great attitude to have. I'm so proud of you! I will try to make it to chat. We are driving back from San Antonio Weds. afternoon sometime, so I don't know when I'll get in. If I make it back in time, I'll be there.

Snowball, Sorry talking to your ex put you into a tailspin. Good for you for rebounding so quickly though! To go to chat, at the top of the forum page there's an index. One says "chat" click on it & it will load. You'll need to enter your username & password for the site & it should take you to the main room. That's where we ususally start out. Sometimes, if it gets too busy, we may move to one of the other rooms. Hope this helps.

I had an okay weekend. Didn't do much at all & ate okay. I've got to get back into the exercising though.

Anyway, have a good rest of the week. I'll check in when I'm not out on the road!

Last edited by jenjen; 09-29-2003 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:45 PM   #84  

Hi All,

Is everyone okay? I'm getting worried. Someone please check in?

About me so far, I'm doing pretty good. I did water aerobics, and walked 4 miles this week. It was nice. I've eating pretty fair, could be better, but could be worse. I am getting up super early tomorrow so I'll hit the hay.

You guys, check in, this thread looks so lonely, I don't like seeing it go to the second page!!

LA
Old 10-04-2003, 10:03 PM   #85  

Hey Gang!

LA, Sorry I didnt' make it to chat. I fell asleep when I got home & didn't wake up until 10:30 my time.

I ran home to see the family this weekend. First time I'd been home in over 2 months. Good to see them & just relax.

Eating & exercise have been so so. At home it was awful because there are so many goodies.

I vow to do better this week!

So how are the rest of you?

Have a peaceful Sunday!
Old 10-09-2003, 12:21 AM   #86  

Default still here

hey there! sorry i haven't been on computer in some time. i've been really busy. started second job, working ot at the primary job. etc, etc, etc....

still weighing in the same, i guess that's better than gaining. i'm trying to buckle down this week with no more excuses. i came staight home from work tonite and got some healthy cooking done.

my computer is acting up also. i have someone coming to reconfigure it this saturday hopefully. i thing the roadrunner guy screwed it up. it was a young guy who got about 20 personal calls the whole 20 minutes he was here. it hasn't been the same since.

well, have a good thursday and i'll try to stop back sooner.
kathy
Old 10-11-2003, 10:52 AM   #87  

Hey gang!

Hope you had a great week. Mine was really busy with work. Thank goodness for the weekend.

Kathy, Sounds like you are REALLY busy. Good to hear about you maintaining the weight though.

How are the rest of you...and WHERE are the rest of you?

Anyway, I have a relaxed weekend planned. I need to get a hair cut & will probably see a movie or two.

Have a great weekend.

Will check in later.
Old 10-11-2003, 08:21 PM   #88  

Default Yoo Hoo, Where Is Everyone?

Hi Girls (and boys)

Well, I must say the board is feeling awfully lonely. Where are you?!?!

Jenjen, I hope you enjoy your weekend. I know what you mean by taking it easy. I was out sick on Thursday (I pulled a hamstring muscle and could barely walk) anywho, I spent most of today (Saturday) in bed.

Jenjen, let me know what movies you see. I'd like to see "Kill Bill" because I want to see violence but that Intolerable Cruelty also looks good, who can refuse George Clooney

When I finally got up, I cleaned the house and did some laundry. Then went to the mall and bought some clothes (JC Penneys has had a sale) and while I was trying on clothes, I stepped on and broke my glasses

So I had to run get them fixed (which they're wired together and I hope I don't sneeze

Then I came home and found a stray kitty (anyone one want a
kitty ) Fixed a WW approved dinner (which was good) Now I'm going to eat my WW Key Lime pie (let's hope it's good)
So now I'm going to go watch the game and take a bubble bath and go to bed. Yes, I live an exciting life huh Whoppee!!!

Okay, I'll shut up now, just someone please check in so I do'nt worry.

TTFN

LA
Old 10-12-2003, 12:54 PM   #89  

Default hi

hey there! i too lead an exciting life. i spent saturday morning working OT for 4 hrs, then went shopping at walmart for something to do. i bought halloween decos, then came home and put them up, then went to bed. today i have to work 2pm till 11pm at my part time job. thank god or i'd be bored to death.

LA-i hope your feeling better

jenjen-hope your relaxing weekend is going well.

i have been following the south beach diet this week within my WW points and it seems to be working well. that is the one everyone at work is following and doing well. i don't want to be left behind of course. a lot of their dr's recommended it to them. i know i will have a good loss this week.

well, got to get off to work.
have a nice sunday!
kathy
Old 10-14-2003, 06:59 PM   #90  

Hey gang. Hope your week is going well. I've had a sore throat for the past few days, but so far have been going to work. The weekend was okay. I am paying for "relaxing" now. A friend may be coming into town this weekend & my apartment is a complete wreck!

I've seen 2 movies. I saw "Waiting for Guffman" which is an old movie- done in 1996 or 1997. I thought it was hilarious. I love Christopher Guest movies though. I went and saw "Happy Hour" last night. Not the best movie I've seen, not the worst either. It's kind of long. It's basically about an alcholic and his relationships with family and friends. It's funny, sad & realistic. Probably not one I'd pay full price for, but not a bad rental or discount movie. It's just sort of slow in places.

LA, I hope you are feeling better. Are we chatting tomorrow? I can't on Thursday because several of us are having a "girls night out".

Kathy, How are you doing with the South Beach Diet & WW. I'd think that would be a good combination.

How are the rest of you? Please come check in!

Have a great rest of the week!
Closed Thread